PDA

View Full Version : New to Deus Ex

astronautumn
14th Jul 2010, 19:22
My first experience with Deus Ex was the invisible war back on the original xbox. I borrowed if off of a friend and loved it. I only played half of it though and I had to give it back after a few days so I never finished it. Fast forward to now and I just bought conspiracy and invisible war on amazon for ps2 and xbox. not sure if the ps3 and 360 are backwards compatible to play either of them..anyone know? I just want to gain input on how people felt about those games. Judging by the trailer alone, human revolution looks amazing, that was the best trailer for a game I have ever seen. Any input would be appreciated.

Shralla
14th Jul 2010, 19:27
I'm pretty sure Invisible War is backwards compatible on the Xbox, but dude if you're going to play the original game, just don't even take the chance and get it on PC.

Charles1
14th Jul 2010, 19:40
The PC version is definitely the one you want to stick with. There is a large difference, including(for PC) a faster framerate, better menus, much larger maps, very quick loading times, among other little things. The PS2 version is a good substitute, but it doesn't match with the original.

astronautumn
14th Jul 2010, 19:46
devastating, I already bought them. Are the mechanics completely different or will I be alright wit the ps2 version? I dont wanna ruin the whole experience.

Pinky_Powers
14th Jul 2010, 19:48
Enjoy 'em, and come back and tell us what you think.

WildcatPhoenix
14th Jul 2010, 19:49
I just wrapped up my first playthrough on the PS2 version. While the load zones are annoying, and I miss elements of the inventory, the overall experience was very similar to the PC.

In fact, the PS2's character animations are vastly superior, so there is a small advantage. :thumb:

Bluey71
14th Jul 2010, 19:52
You can get it off STEAM for 6 quid.

GrayLander
19th Jul 2010, 07:09
Sorry to say the Xbox version of Invisible War won't work on a 360. I got a copy for a friend to show him that there were actually games better than Halo...but it won't run.

Fluffis
19th Jul 2010, 10:04
Sorry to say the Xbox version of Invisible War won't work on a 360. I got a copy for a friend to show him that there were actually games better than Halo...but it won't run.

Oh, the irony! :)

Exian
19th Jul 2010, 10:46
I recommend buying it on Steam again for the PC.

DX needs to be on every console you own.