PDA

View Full Version : While waiting for dx:hr you could...

PizzaNo1
14th Jul 2010, 06:55
... right now I'm reading 'Snow Crash', after that I'm gonna re-read '1984'.
Any one else reading any good cyberpunk books, or wanna recomend one?

Flabdomen
14th Jul 2010, 07:07
Altered Carbon. Fo rizzle.

PizzaNo1
15th Jul 2010, 11:24
Gonna buy it later.
Another good cyberpunk book I just rememberd Cyorg and the sorcerers watt evan I think his name was. Its a very easy readable book but still good.

atLaNt1s
15th Jul 2010, 16:02
ender's game, end of story.

Icehawk
15th Jul 2010, 17:10
Don't forget Neuromancer and the rest of The Sprawl Trilogy for that matter (Count Zero, Mona Lisa Overdrive). Hammerjack is pretty good if you don't mind gore though the sequal (Prodigal) fell a little short in my opinion. I also still have yet to get around to Islands in the Net.

Pinky_Powers
15th Jul 2010, 17:27
I don't want to pollute this thread with talk of movies, but...

The new Resident Evil (http://www.imdb.com/video/imdb/vi3447719449/) is looking even more Cyberpunk than the earlier films.
This is a series I can't help but love. It's one of my weaknesses. :)

maddermadcat
15th Jul 2010, 17:30
...after that I'm gonna re-read '1984'.
Any one else reading any good cyberpunk books, or wanna recomend one?

1984 is cyberpunk?

MaxxQ1
15th Jul 2010, 17:43
I don't want to pollute this thread with talk of movies, but...

The new Resident Evil (http://www.imdb.com/video/imdb/vi3447719449/) is looking even more Cyberpunk than the earlier films.
This is a series I can't help but love. It's one of my weaknesses. :)

Yeah, I'm the same way. Admittedly, Milla Jovovich is about 75% of the reason :flowers: :worship:

The only issue I have is the cheesey 3D. I really wish directors would stop with the obvious "look, here's weapons flying right at you! Check out how cool it looks in 3D!!!" shots. Sure the technology has gotten a bit better, but it's really no different from what was in use in the 1950's, as far as *how* it's used in films.

I just hope this one is better than RE: Extinction. IMO, that one was the weakest of the three, by far.

neilthecellist
15th Jul 2010, 17:48
Biomega.

http://www.playergame.fr/boutiquepg/images/biomega-01.jpg

Pinky_Powers
15th Jul 2010, 18:39
Sure the technology has gotten a bit better, but it's really no different from what was in use in the 1950's, as far as *how* it's used in films.

Actually, every few months, the "how it's used" is getting better. They're using it more artistically and less gimmicky. Avatar is still the best example of how it can be used as a subtle immersion technique, as opposed to "duck! somethings coming at your eyeball!"

How to Train Your Dragon is another film where they took great pains to use the 3D to "draw you in" rather than "jar you".

As with everything, it will always come down to whose hands are holding the tools. If a real craftsmen is utilizing it, you will receive a better experience with 3D than without.

Kodaemon
15th Jul 2010, 19:01
1984 is cyberpunk?

No one said it was.

PizzaNo1
15th Jul 2010, 20:42
1984 is cyberpunk?

It's set in a dystopic world, and is in general dark and gritty. And has a conspiracy (big brother). And in the 'future'.
It set the 'rules' of how a dystopic book/film should be, I'm not sure if there's any other book before '1984'.

xfxcrcm
15th Jul 2010, 20:48
I always thought that the Bridge Trilogy was a lot better written than the sprawl, even if it falls apart at the end and turns to **** for the same reason the sprawl does.

K^2
15th Jul 2010, 20:57
Read some of the Philip K. Dick's books. Blade Runner was an influence on original DX, and it's based on "Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep" by Philip K. Dick. "Total Recall" and "Screamers" are also based on his works.

PizzaNo1
15th Jul 2010, 21:08
Read some of the Philip K. Dick's books. Blade Runner was an influence on original DX, and it's based on "Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep" by Philip K. Dick. "Total Recall" and "Screamers" are also based on his works.

I just read a short novel made by him, where a crazy AI, wants people to find someone with the initials... JC! AI and JC... Why am I getting a felling of dejavu?:scratch:

FrankCSIS
16th Jul 2010, 02:42
Pretty much anything by Dick has this pre-cyberpunk vibe to it. I've read about 15 so far, not one disapointed.

TrickyVein
16th Jul 2010, 02:51
You know, I love Dick, he's one of the grandmasters I would say, and I've read Do Androids... and Flow my Tears... and some others - they're great, but he's really not that great a writer - I mean writer, not a storyteller mind you - his writing itself is just not very elegant. :hmm:

Fluffis
16th Jul 2010, 02:54
You know, I love Dick, he's one of the grandmasters I would say, and I've read Do Androids... and Flow my Tears... and some others - they're great, but he's really not that great a writer - I mean writer, not a storyteller mind you - his writing itself is just not very elegant. :hmm:

I agree completely. He had a greater talent for storytelling, than for the actual writing. I haven't read that many of his stories (not even double digits), but he is definitely one of my favourites.

TrickyVein
16th Jul 2010, 03:08
^^ Now, Heinlein - he takes the cake. Can't say how many of his I've read. The Moon is a Harsh Mistress, anyone? It's not cyberpunk - OK, so it's a bit offtrack here - but he is one of the sci-fi grandmasters like Dick.

Yeah, I'm the same way. Admittedly, Milla Jovovich is about 75% of the reason :flowers: :worship:

Gotta love those knee-high black, leather boots she donned in the first one.

Oh, and Jovovich did an excellent album (http://allmusic.com/cg/amg.dll?p=amg&sql=10:3jfuxqugldae)way back in '94 - from one MJ fan to another.

FrankCSIS
16th Jul 2010, 03:09
His writing is average at best. I just love the style, and of course, the amazing stories. Must be because I've always considered myself a storyteller, not a writer. Every attempt at "writing" something properly turns into a failure, while just plain telling stories, be it on paper or verbally, usually abounds to something good.

You could say the same about Lovecraft. Interstingly, his stories are also extremely engaging.

MaxxQ1
16th Jul 2010, 07:51
Actually, every few months, the "how it's used" is getting better. They're using it more artistically and less gimmicky. Avatar is still the best example of how it can be used as a subtle immersion technique, as opposed to "duck! somethings coming at your eyeball!"

How to Train Your Dragon is another film where they took great pains to use the 3D to "draw you in" rather than "jar you".

As with everything, it will always come down to whose hands are holding the tools. If a real craftsmen is utilizing it, you will receive a better experience with 3D than without.

Problem is that I don't really *go* to the movies anymore. The last movie I saw in the theater was Hancock back in July of 2008. First off, it's too expensive. Secondly, I hate seeing movies by myself, and because I'm such a loser, I have no friends or family close by to see movies with.

As for Avatar (or, rather, Dances With Pocahontas in Ferngully), I saw it on DVD, once, and that was enough for me. Seeing it in 3D would be too much. It's not a bad movie in the sense of how much I hate Starship Troopers, but it wasn't good enough for me to watch it a second time.

In general though, I agree that in the right hands it (3D) could be a good thing, but so far, I haven't seen anything that convinces me otherwise - then again, I've never actually seen a movie in 3D, just the DVD versions or on broadcast TV. It's usually pretty easy to spot where the 3D effect comes into play. When a 3D movie makes it difficult to spot the effect in *2D*, then it might be something worth noting. Until then, I'll pass.

Now, with all that said, I may actually go see the new RE movie at a theater, but I doubt it will be the 3D version. OTOH, if it's *only* showing in 3D... well, Milla might just make it worth going to see anyway.

Gotta love those knee-high black, leather boots she donned in the first one.

Of course, but even without the boots, she's a babe. Her acting isn't Oscar-caliber, but there's just something about her that makes me want to watch even her not-so-good movies (I'm looking at you, Joan of Arc).

BTW, I wish they'd do a sequel to Ultraviolet.

Oh, and Jovovich did an excellent album (http://allmusic.com/cg/amg.dll?p=amg&sql=10:3jfuxqugldae)way back in '94 - from one MJ fan to another.

I gave those tracks a listen. Not bad, but not my cup o' tea. Her voice is good, and reminded me a lot of various other singers (Kate Bush, Goldfrapp, Bjork, Enya, Alanis Morrisette - all of whom I listen to, Alanis a bit less than the others), but the music itself felt weak and thin (except for the Enya-style layering on track 3).

Edit: The last track I actually thought was the best of all of them, even though it was a traditional song, and not something original. She seemed more comfortable singing it, instead of sounding like she was trying to fit into a vocal style that didn't really suit her.

What do Milla and my favorite band (Rush) have in common? Rupert Hine produced albums for both - one each, as a matter of fact.

K^2
16th Jul 2010, 08:34
but he's really not that great a writer
Heh. I know what you mean.

Pinky_Powers
16th Jul 2010, 20:44
When a 3D movie makes it difficult to spot the effect in *2D*, then it might be something worth noting. Until then, I'll pass.

You can't spot the 3D effects in 2D in any movie. If you're talking about commercials, where they're specifically advertising the 3D... they do post-work on the Ad to try and mimic 3D in 2D. That's all that is. You're not "spotting the 3D", they're showing you a representation of it. And a bad one, at that.

Today's 3D movies don't have 3D effects. They are completely 3D. Every scene. It's just "there" drawing you in. But if you haven't been to the movies since 2008, you have no idea what I'm talking about. lol.

As for seeing Resident Evil in 3D... I don't know. Paul W.S. Anderson is a decent director, but I wouldn't call him especially artful. And it takes a real artist to make 3D a worth-while experience.

jjc
16th Jul 2010, 21:31
I love Dick

hehehe

But in all seriousness, check out Ambient by Jack Womack.

PlasmaSnake101
16th Jul 2010, 21:55

I have to say, "Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep" is one of my favorite books, for some reason I couldn't put it down. Maybe I had nothing better to do in Reno or I was really into the studious college lifestyle.

TrickyVein
17th Jul 2010, 00:16
hehehe

But in all seriousness, check out Ambient by Jack Womack.

That was a low blow. Below the belt...get it?

Isn't it great? (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p9PiqCeLEmM)

tartarus_sauce
17th Jul 2010, 01:15
Read The Diamond Age (a semi-sequel to Snow Crash). It's all about nanotechnology.

Gotta' watch Ghost in the Shell, since the original Deus Ex was heavily influenced by it. The sequel Ghost in the Shell 2: Innocence and the TV series Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex are also excellent. The manga isn't nearly as sophisticated, so don't bother.

Play Neo-Tokyo, a mulitplayer shooter and Half-Life mod; sort of a love letter to the badass commandos in the Ghost in the Shell franchise.

Any other suggestions?

MaxxQ1
17th Jul 2010, 05:13
You can't spot the 3D effects in 2D in any movie. If you're talking about commercials, where they're specifically advertising the 3D... they do post-work on the Ad to try and mimic 3D in 2D. That's all that is. You're not "spotting the 3D", they're showing you a representation of it. And a bad one, at that.

Today's 3D movies don't have 3D effects. They are completely 3D. Every scene. It's just "there" drawing you in. But if you haven't been to the movies since 2008, you have no idea what I'm talking about. lol.

As for seeing Resident Evil in 3D... I don't know. Paul W.S. Anderson is a decent director, but I wouldn't call him especially artful. And it takes a real artist to make 3D a worth-while experience.

What I'm referring to is like in the RE trailer when Alice throws the throwing stars, and they come right at the camera. That's a "3D effect" that's obvious, and exactly what I *don't* like about 3D movies. There were several instances just in that one trailer where the "3D effect" was that obvious.

Avatar was a bit more subtle, but I could still spot the sequences that were supposed to be "wow-factor" sections for in-your-face 3D. Pissed the kids off while we were watching it, 'cause I kept saying, "And *this* is where the thingy is supposed to fly out of the screen at you."

PizzaNo1
17th Jul 2010, 17:05
Don't forget Neuromancer and the rest of The Sprawl Trilogy for that matter (Count Zero, Mona Lisa Overdrive).

There's a one armed bartender with a cybernetic arm in dx:hr. That makes you wonder is that bartender a nod at neuromancers bartender, Ratz?

SageSavage
17th Jul 2010, 17:21
I know it's very much of a stretch but I currently read "Six Bad Things", the second book in the Hank Thompson-trilogy by Charlie Huston. It's very well written, modern hard-boiled/pulp stuff. I've seen it described as "Chandler on speed".

Pinky_Powers
17th Jul 2010, 17:56
What I'm referring to is like in the RE trailer when Alice throws the throwing stars, and they come right at the camera. That's a "3D effect" that's obvious, and exactly what I *don't* like about 3D movies. There were several instances just in that one trailer where the "3D effect" was that obvious.

Avatar was a bit more subtle, but I could still spot the sequences that were supposed to be "wow-factor" sections for in-your-face 3D. Pissed the kids off while we were watching it, 'cause I kept saying, "And *this* is where the thingy is supposed to fly out of the screen at you."

Your thinking is completely wrong. Every shot in Avatar was 3D. You have to admit, it would be very stupid to suddenly not use 3D when an object is coming at the camera. It's like Robin Hood Prince of Thieves, when he shoots an arrow at the camera. You don't complain and say "ah, here's one of those wow shots... how lame." A 100% 3D movie should not be scolded because theye a hav handful of eye-popper shots scattered throughout. Most of those same shots would be in there whether it was filmed in 3D or not.

MaxxQ1
17th Jul 2010, 19:39
Your thinking is completely wrong. Every shot in Avatar was 3D. You have to admit, it would be very stupid to suddenly not use 3D when an object is coming at the camera. It's like Robin Hood Prince of Thieves, when he shoots an arrow at the camera. You don't complain and say "ah, here's one of those wow shots... how lame." A 100% 3D movie should not be scolded because theye a hav handful of eye-popper shots scattered throughout. Most of those same shots would be in there whether it was filmed in 3D or not.

I understand the entire movie (Avatar) is in 3D (not 2D with 3D elements), and I *said* the OTT gratuitous shots were more subtle than usual, but the fact is that they were still there. Yes, 2D movies have the same types of shots, but the point is that 3D was a selling point for the movie(s), so it makes those kind of shots stand out more (or rather, be more obvious in a look-it's-a-gratuitous-coming-at-you-3D-shot way).

I admit I don't know how they could do something similar in a 3D movie that wouldn't look so obvious to me, but until they do, it's gonna bug me. Maybe if I actually started going to the theater again and started seeing 3D movies on a regular basis, I'll come to accept it more, but right now, I haven't seen anything to justify that sort of expense.

Edit: TBH, I actually *do* think that shot in Robin Hood is lame. OTOH, the opening battle sequence of Star Wars, IMO, would be awesome in 3D.

ArcR
17th Jul 2010, 19:59
Play StarCraft II !!! Comes out the end of this month and system requirements are officially out! There website is fun too. Check out the Propaganda Gallery (http://us.starcraft2.com/dominion/propaganda-contest.xml#gallery) and take the Dominion Entrance Exam (http://us.starcraft2.com/dominion/entrance-exam-intro.xml). Post exam results:

You Have Been Chosen To Become a
Ghost

As you've guessed by now, this has all been a test. We know that you've always felt... different. When your mom told you that you were "special" for hearing voices in your head, she wasn't kidding. Our wranglers have identified you as an individual with tremendous psionic abilities. However, until you learn how to control these abilities, you pose a danger to yourself and everyone around you. Luckily, the Dominion has a place for "special" people like you -- the Ghost Academy. You are hereby recruited into this elite institute to train as one of the Dominion's elusive ghost operatives. Pack nothing for your journey. Where you're going, your past life is irrelevant.

PizzaNo1
17th Jul 2010, 20:03
Nice!

Kodaemon
17th Jul 2010, 20:17
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eden:_It's_an_Endless_World!

Also, re-reading Czarne Oceany (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Czarne_oceany) for the nth time - I really hope it gets translated into english at some point, it's a great, great book (the author hates it, btw). Currently, there's only a short excerpt (http://dukaj.pl/English/ReadingRoom/BlackOceans) available in very crude fan-translation.

Pinky_Powers
18th Jul 2010, 03:10
Edit: TBH, I actually *do* think that shot in Robin Hood is lame.

You're lame! That shot was awesome! :eek:

http://www.smokingtree.net/images/vlcsnap-6263634.jpg

You're just one of these sad duchés who think anything that's cool as $h1t is silly.

MaxxQ1
18th Jul 2010, 04:12

You're just one of these sad duchés who think anything that's cool as $h1t is silly.

Too bad you think that. After all, I was one of the people that got you into GitS (which I've always thought was "cool as $h1t"), and I was gonna vote for you for president.

Pity you needed to resort to name-calling (BTW, it's "douches"), and can't seem to accept that others have an opinion that may differ from yours.

Pinky_Powers
18th Jul 2010, 04:20
(BTW, it's "douches")

I am, and always have been, quite bad at spelling. :hmm:

And qualifiers, or name-calling, is not something I resort to; I utilize it right along with my most high-brow debates. It's a fine tool that gets a clear message across.

As for President... lets face it, I was never cut out for politics. :)

I would never want the vote of someone who doesn't appreciate Costner launching a flaming arrow at the camera.

PizzaNo1
23rd Jul 2010, 17:43
Another book I got recommended from a friend; chung kuo, 'the middle kingdom'.
Just started reading it.

Pretentious Old Man.
23rd Jul 2010, 19:10

http://www.smokingtree.net/images/vlcsnap-6263634.jpg

Prince of Thieves was about as "cool" as Call of Duty.

Make of that what you will.

Pinky_Powers
23rd Jul 2010, 20:04
Prince of Thieves was about as "cool" as Call of Duty.

Make of that what you will.

The movie was 33 degrees of awesome. The "cool" factor was limited to only one or two shots.

jjc
24th Jul 2010, 03:51
Altered Carbon. Fo rizzle.

What does Altered Carbon read like? As in, similar to "Neuromancer, Neal Stephenson, Ender's Game, Twilight?" I keep picking it up and putting it down. I'm stingy with my money.

The movie was 33 degrees of awesome. The "cool" factor was limited to only one or two shots.

And Christian Slater.

Pinky_Powers
24th Jul 2010, 04:08
And Christian Slater.

Well, naturally.

PizzaNo1
25th Jul 2010, 10:14
Play StarCraft II !!!

Just watched a game play video, wtf? It looks almost identical to starcraft1 ?and in getting the felling you wont see the classic: terran missions, zerg and last protos, in single player mode. Not a terribly big deal. but the 'last friday five years ago' -graphics, is a big disappointer.

Fluffis
25th Jul 2010, 10:19
Just watched a game play video, wtf? It looks almost identical to starcraft1 ?and in getting the felling you wont see the classic: terran missions, zerg and last protos, in single player mode. Not a terribly big deal. but the 'last friday five years ago' -graphics, is a big disappointer.

I tried the Beta. I was severely disappointed.

singularity
26th Jul 2010, 10:46
What does Altered Carbon read like? As in, similar to "Neuromancer, Neal Stephenson, Ender's Game, Twilight?" I keep picking it up and putting it down. I'm stingy with my money.

And Christian Slater.

Altered Carbon reads... smooth.
I was busy as hell and finished it in 7 days (which is good for me while busy). It is probably the best cyber punk to come along in... well... 12 years. At least in my opinion. Don't miss it (and it's old enough that almost any decent library will have it by now). It drags a little in the middle, but only for a couple chapters.

Saw that Ghost in the Shell 2.0 is on netflix now... haven't seen the updated verson (but heard only bad things). After loving the original and the sequel to death, I will have to see how 2.0 is for myself. Saw the first 15 minutes tonight, and the switching between CGI and hand-drawn seems pretty jarring... I'll finish it tomorrow to be sure.

Suyen
27th Jul 2010, 03:24
Starcraft 2...

JMSwallow
27th Jul 2010, 12:37
Cyberpunk fiction recs:
John Brunner's 'The Shockwave Rider' and 'Stand on Zanzibar'
Bruce Sterling's 'The Artifical Kid'
George Alec Effinger's 'When Gravity Fails'
Richard Kadrey's 'Metrophage'
Walter Jon Williams's 'Hardwired' and 'Voice of the Whirlwind'
Neal Stephenson's 'The Diamond Age'
W.T. Quick's 'Dreams of Flesh and Sand'
Rudy Rucker's 'Software'

ThePrecursor
27th Jul 2010, 12:57
I'm currently reading Philip K. Dick's "Flow my tears, the policeman said". I can surely recommend it.

pringlepower
27th Jul 2010, 13:04
starcraft 2...

indeed!!!

itsalladream
28th Jul 2010, 02:08
My favorite author is Dostoevsky, and while in a different genre, I'm sure that there are several people here who can appreciate his writing. I've read everything of his that I can find.

jjc
29th Jul 2010, 01:31
Cyberpunk fiction recs:
John Brunner's 'The Shockwave Rider' and 'Stand on Zanzibar'
Bruce Sterling's 'The Artifical Kid'
George Alec Effinger's 'When Gravity Fails'
Richard Kadrey's 'Metrophage'
Walter Jon Williams's 'Hardwired' and 'Voice of the Whirlwind'
Neal Stephenson's 'The Diamond Age'
W.T. Quick's 'Dreams of Flesh and Sand'
Rudy Rucker's 'Software'

I'll cast a vote AGAINST When Gravity Fails. I found it to be a very poorly written book.

Fluffis
29th Jul 2010, 01:58
My favorite author is Dostoevsky, and while in a different genre, I'm sure that there are several people here who can appreciate his writing. I've read everything of his that I can find.

I've read The Idiot and Crime and Punishment. The stories, characterizations and themes are very interesting, but I just can't get into the style of writing. I first read them because it's something you're "supposed to", so to speak. That whole "common knowledge" thing. I've since read Crime and Punishment twice, but still no luck. I definitely understand and respect his standing in world literature (I recognize the greatness), but they are just not my cup of tea.

I'm more of a Romanticism kind of guy, when it comes to classical literature.

TrickyVein
30th Jul 2010, 16:09
Fluffis, liking the romance isn't a bad thing. I have a guilty pleasure: I've read and enjoyed all of Jane Austen's books.

The shame, I know.

Pinky_Powers
30th Jul 2010, 16:34
What's NOT to like about Jane Austen? :D

Fluffis
30th Jul 2010, 17:28
Fluffis, liking the romance isn't a bad thing. I have a guilty pleasure: I've read and enjoyed all of Jane Austen's books.

The shame, I know.

You are SICK! :eek:

:p

No, I actually like a couple of those myself. ;)

Roger Mexico
30th Jul 2010, 23:10
Thomas Pynchon is fun if you're into the conspiracy mythology. (I've counted two direct references to Pynchon in DX1.)

It's almost ridiculous how many of the ideas in Neal Stephenson's books show up in both Deus Ex games. The tech is very similar and the DX plot kind of follows Stephenson's vision of how all the major nation-states collapse.

atLaNt1s
30th Jul 2010, 23:18
I'm currently reading Philip K. Dick's "Flow my tears, the policeman said". I can surely recommend it.

going to read it then, and another book that has alot to do with deus ex is The dragons of eden by carl sagan, the scientific information within the book and the way that sagan explains it is invaluable.

TrickyVein
31st Jul 2010, 03:09
What's NOT to like about Jane Austen? :D

She was really hot.

Remington
2nd Oct 2010, 11:22
For cyberpunk novels, the Jump 225 trilogy { Infoquake, MultiReal, Geosynchron } by David Louis Edelman is pretty good.

His version of augmentations actually feels realistic in a way.

JCpies
2nd Oct 2010, 16:43
I might get IW off steam or something. Only played the demo before.

AxiomaticBadger
5th Oct 2010, 17:53
I'm rereading the Greg Mandel trilogy by Peter Hamilton. It's suspiciously appropriate.
Afterwards I'm going to reread the Commonwealth saga. Not very cyberpunk, but very transhumanist.

I've also watched Dark City, which is an awesome film. My favourite in fact.
Also Surrogates, which is technophobic drivel.
What the hell is with the end of that film? He disconects every surrogate in the world and no-one dies? All the surgeons, firemen and pilots in the world similtaniously loose conciousness and no-one is hurt???

Vasarto
5th Oct 2010, 18:39
I am reading a Book from the Black Library called Fifteen Hours. A Book about war and a man named Larn as he is inducted into the Imperial Guard and travels across the Galaxy to fight in a war for all of mankind....its Brutal.

hem dazon 90
5th Oct 2010, 19:37
Dervish house and john dies at the end are my favorite books ever

Anu
6th Oct 2010, 10:29
I see Ghost In The Shell & GITS:Innocence brought up here. My thoughts exactly. The first movie was hauntingly immersive and got me curious to the whole post-human business.

Just got my hands on Stand Alone Complex, S.A.C. 2nd Gig and Solid State Society. Should be some time before I need a new distraction from the wait:D

Have been thinking about re-reading Idoru as well. It´s been long enough for me to even forget the majority of the book:hmm:

cythetyx
10th Oct 2010, 19:25
if it's about comics, yo could read BLAME or a little more recent GANTZ

JCpies
10th Oct 2010, 19:28
Take zyme and watch a TV show about planes that turn into robot mechs.

Ilves
10th Oct 2010, 19:37
Or, you could watch the just out on Blu-ray, near 4 hour long integral version of Shakespeare's Hamlet, directed by one K. Branagh. Love him or hate him, it's incredible.

JCpies
10th Oct 2010, 19:43
Or, you could watch the just out on Blu-ray, near 4 hour long integral version of Shakespeare's Hamlet, directed by one K. Branagh. Love him or hate him, it's incredible.

Nah, 70s anime is better.