PDA

View Full Version : DX: HR release date!

luminar
13th Jul 2010, 01:11
Ok the other day I went to gamestop purely for the purpose of finding out if they knew wether or not they would have DX: HR on preorder. I have a pretty good raport with the employees there and when I asked she also told me that it would be released in february (please forgive me because I forgot the day!) of 2011. That being said this could be when preorders are available I didnt really press the issue. Anyway hope this isnt already common knowledge and I just made myself seem like a dummy.

Corpus
13th Jul 2010, 01:30
Ok the other day I went to gamestop purely for the purpose of finding out if they knew wether or not they would have DX: HR on preorder. I have a pretty good raport with the employees there and when I asked she also told me that it would be released in february (please forgive me because I forgot the day!) of 2011. That being said this could be when preorders are available I didnt really press the issue. Anyway hope this isnt already common knowledge and I just made myself seem like a dummy.

It's an estimate, all stores give these estimates.
Dead Rising 2 had an estimate release of July 2010 last year but it got bumped up every time there was no confirmation.
It's going to lock horns with Mass Effect 3 if it does launch in February (if ME3 isn't delayed).

luminar
13th Jul 2010, 01:34
Nice! And here I thought I had new info.

Corpus
13th Jul 2010, 02:10
Nice! And here I thought I had new info.

Don't worry, that might be a solid deadline since they announced it so early and it's been in production so long. Heres hoping.
I mean announced target release not the actual date.

xAcerbusx
13th Jul 2010, 02:35
These placeholder dates always mess with peoples' heads prior to release. I hate to be a cynic, but I would be shocked if it released before the holiday season in 2011. Most games push their releases back to around this time.

Rindill the Red
13th Jul 2010, 02:51
These placeholder dates always mess with peoples' heads prior to release. I hate to be a cynic, but I would be shocked if it released before the holiday season in 2011. Most games push their releases back to around this time.

I'm feeling the same way. From the demo it's obvious that Deus Ex: HR has a long way to go to really get as awesome as it's going to get. Put that together with the fact that the Eidos team is relatively small, and I see this game getting released either summer of 2011 or during the holidays of 2011.

Corpus
13th Jul 2010, 03:01
I'm feeling the same way. From the demo it's obvious that Deus Ex: HR has a long way to go to really get as awesome as it's going to get. Put that together with the fact that the Eidos team is relatively small, and I see this game getting released either summer of 2011 or during the holidays of 2011.

Not really, it's mostly polish that is required now. Namely HUD and augmentation-related stuff. Dugas said their finalizing some of the augmentations right now.

singularity
13th Jul 2010, 05:23
Dead Rising 2 had an estimate release of July 2010 last year but it got bumped up every time there was no confirmation.
It's going to lock horns with Mass Effect 3 if it does launch in February (if ME3 isn't delayed).

That could very well be the worst thing DXHR could do... ME is the Call of Duty of the Scifi RPG market right now... and let's just say I wouldn't want to be releasing a military shooter this November.

Either way, I'm predicting a summer or fall of 2011 launch.

PizzaNo1
13th Jul 2010, 06:29
Summer or fall, I agree this is pretty traditional for the industry.

If edios actualy makes it second quarter Ill be real happy!

Deus_Ex_Machina
13th Jul 2010, 06:44
That's just a placeholder release date. It's not official AT ALL.

The only reason retailers have placeholder dates is to start taking pre-orders.

Corpus
13th Jul 2010, 14:10
That could very well be the worst thing DXHR could do... ME is the Call of Duty of the Scifi RPG market right now... and let's just say I wouldn't want to be releasing a military shooter this November.

Either way, I'm predicting a summer or fall of 2011 launch.

Exactly my point, they shouldn't release so quick in the year with ME coming out since it might end up being ignored.
I hope to augmented jesus that it comes out summer or later.

Freddo
13th Jul 2010, 15:13
That's just a placeholder release date. It's not official AT ALL.

The only reason retailers have placeholder dates is to start taking pre-orders.
Indeed, they are absolutely useless.

Corpus
13th Jul 2010, 15:54
I'm holding out until the collectors/special edition comes out. Some UK retailers price them cheaper than their full cost for a certain amount of time.

Enderrr
13th Jul 2010, 18:26

There has been no release date for ME3 announced at all. Dragon Age 2 is coming out in March 2011 so it's very unlikely that Bioware would launch 2 of their biggest titles alongside each other like that.

SethSteiner
13th Jul 2010, 18:47
There might be no excact releade date announced but it was said that they want to release Mass Effect 3 2012.

PenguinsFriend
13th Jul 2010, 19:12
I'm still going with my prediction of Christmas 2011 for DE:HR release

Corpus
13th Jul 2010, 19:59
There has been no release date for ME3 announced at all. Dragon Age 2 is coming out in March 2011 so it's very unlikely that Bioware would launch 2 of their biggest titles alongside each other like that.

They've stated their gunning for early 2011 on the official forums.

Enderrr
13th Jul 2010, 23:21
I'd say Q3/4 is more likely for ME3, it doesn't make sense for them to release those two huge franchises alongside each other, especially as it's right after Christmas and they appeal to a lot of the same people (even moreso now that they're seemingly making Dragon Age 2 very Mass Effect-ish with a named voiced human protagonist and whatnot). It would also be very soon, that's barely a year after the first came out. They've said they wanted it out in a shorter amount of time than it took ME2 sure, but that took two years. The Old Republic is out Q2 so it's unlikely to be released then, either.