PDA

View Full Version : -Re: FINAL FANTASY VII PC Downloads-

Grimoire
17th Aug 2012, 07:37
na.square-enix.com/go/thread/view/139233... (/go/thread/view/139233/29315567/Re:_FINAL_FANTASY_VII_PC_Downloads)

"Hello everyone,

We are experiencing technical difficulties regarding the download of FINAL FANTASY VII PC, and some customers may experience problems when attempting to download or purchase the game. We are currently addressing the issue and will let you know once it has been resolved. We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience and thank you for your patience."

So...maybe you should simply wait and see? After all, there shouldn't be any need to hurry.
It's just a game and it cost less than $10 at that (I am sure you'll be able to get your money back in due time. If you spent it on a game in the first place, it can't have been that important). As long as it doesn't make your PC crash I see no major problem.
Keep in mind that this is the first time Square Enix releases a game this way.

On a side note, I had no problems whatsoever downloading and installing it on my PC.

NA updates by Robert Peeler: na.square-enix.com/go/thread/view/139233... (/go/thread/view/139233/29315567/Re:_FINAL_FANTASY_VII_PC_Downloads)

EU updates by Ben Bateman: eu.square-enix.com/en/blog/final-fantasy... (http://eu.square-enix.com/en/blog/final-fantasy-vii-pc-out-now)

benvredenburg
17th Aug 2012, 07:50
I had no problem downloading and installing, however I am having an issue with the launcher not letting me begin the game. Is this part of the technical difficulties or a separate problem?

Grimoire
17th Aug 2012, 07:57
It's most likely part of the "technical difficulties" they are referring to. I didn't have that problem, so it's not something you should encounter.

My piece of advice: Wait for your refund (and/or a free copy of the game) and try again next month. That is what I would have done had I been unable to download it a few days ago. I'm sure that the staff will make it clear what to do as soon as they are able to.

Until then: Don't waste time on a re-release of a fifteen-year-old game.

Although, putting together a full list of the current problems might be a good idea (so that they are not overlooked), so feel free to constructively state your concerns here in this thread.

Lostdestiny14
17th Aug 2012, 09:26
Downloaded and installed the game. Works 100%, even the sound and cloud saves. Had payment issues at first, but they were resolved. The game will require you to input your Square Account username and password. Make sure you're on the right Square tab as well as I didnt realized I wasnt on the North America tab and I wondered why it wouldn't accept my username. Very pleased with Square Enix for rereleasing the game and I hope people dont get deferred away from enjoying their long time love. Square is working on any of the issues and it looks like they released two patches already

Grimoire
17th Aug 2012, 12:48
Two patches already, huh? That's great news.

Grimoire
19th Aug 2012, 13:21
SQUARE ENIX Europe- 19/08/2012 13:20

"Hi all,
We are aware of the issues currently affecting the SQUARE ENIX Store and the FINAL FANTASY VII for PC service. We deeply apologise for this, which is caused by a high level of traffic on our systems. While we work to fix this in the shortest amount of time possible, we also offer the following solutions to the user who have been directly affected by the problem:

If you have purchased and downloaded the game from the SQUARE ENIX Store, but your activation key is not working once inserted in the game launcher:

1) Log into this website using the "Log in" button in the top right corner of the screen.

2) Select "Add new game" from the top right corner drop-down menu, or follow this link eu.square-enix.com/en/gamereg (http://eu.square-enix.com/en/gamereg)

3) Follow the instructions on screen using the activation key that you have been sent.

4) Once the game has been added to your Game Shelf, please run the game application again and log in with the account you have just used to register the product.

If you have purchased the game from the SQUARE ENIX Store, but have not yet received an activation key:

We endeavour to send an activation key and download link to all those who have purchased the game so far. If you would like to request a refund, please get in contact with our customer support team at this link support.eu.square-enix.com/ (http://support.eu.square-enix.com/)

Thanks for supporting our games, and sorry for the problems caused."

JohnHeroHD-288825
19th Aug 2012, 13:48
SQUARE ENIX Europe- 19/08/2012 13:20

"1) Log into this website using the "Log in" button in the top right corner of the screen.

2) Select "Add new game" from the top right corner drop-down menu, or follow this link eu.square-enix.com/en/gamereg (http://eu.square-enix.com/en/gamereg)

3) Follow the instructions on screen using the activation key that you have been sent.

4) Once the game has been added to your Game Shelf, please run the game application again and log in with the account you have just used to register the product.

This does not work either. I try'd this before many times, and a few seconds ago just to confirm it again.

When I enter my key and click "check code" it indeed marks it as Final Fantasy VII. However, when I click the "register game" button the form resets and nothing is added to my games list.

Grimoire
19th Aug 2012, 13:50
Which web browser do you use? Have you tried Internet Explorer? That's what I used, and everytning went as it should.

JohnHeroHD-288825
19th Aug 2012, 13:53
Which web browser do you use? Have you tried Internet Explorer? That's what I used, and everytning went as it should.

I am a webdeveloper, so once I found out it did not work in Chrome I instantly tried it in IE as well. But it's not working there either.

So my guess is it's not a browser issue.

CoffeeBasket
19th Aug 2012, 14:02

I am a webdeveloper, so once I found out it did not work in Chrome I instantly tried it in IE as well. But it's not working there either.

So my guess is it's not a browser issue.

Didn't really work for me either. The game just doesn't show up as registered.

Grimoire
19th Aug 2012, 14:12
Then I guess we will just have to await further intructions from the staff.

(In the meantime you can always demand a refund should the game/installation not work at all.)

CoffeeBasket
19th Aug 2012, 14:15

(In the meantime you can always demand a refund should the game/installation not work at all.)

I think I'll wait till it's fixed. I actually really wanna play this game. That might be because I'm extremley stubborn, though

JohnHeroHD-288825
19th Aug 2012, 14:54

I think I'll wait till it's fixed. I actually really wanna play this game. That might be because I'm extremley stubborn, though

Yeah, same here. I was such a big fan of the original PSX version, so I just had to own this on PC as well, and play through it ASAP.

Grimoire
19th Aug 2012, 15:22
That's very understandable. Still...better late than never? Let us hope they will fix it as soon as possible.

CoffeeBasket
19th Aug 2012, 17:19
That's very understandable. Still...better late than never? Let us hope they will fix it as soon as possible.

Well.. yeah. I'm new to the entire FF Franchise. It's always been around, but I've never really played it. Didn't like the combat system. But then I played FF X and fiddled around on FF III and thought to myself "This isn't too bad."

So I'll wait.
Hoping they'll fix it, I'm really really stoked on the game

member_10534212
19th Aug 2012, 17:27
Although I love the idea that they ported it to the pc, I feel kinda left out since I bought it on psn :S (Lost my income some time before they announced pc release) really if you're determined to play this game in all it's glory I'd suggest just getting the psn copy for a ps3 if you own one, it's the same game, just none of those fancy "click a button to refil hp/mp/gil" and use your saves on any pc...

Grimoire
20th Aug 2012, 01:43
na.square-enix.com/go/thread/view/139233... (http://na.square-enix.com/go/thread/view/139233/29315567/Re:_FINAL_FANTASY_VII_PC_Downloads)

"Hello everyone,

I'd like to update you briefly on the work being done for FINAL FANTASY VII PC.

We've already made some fixes to the download and purchase process that hopefully has resolved some concerns for many of you. We're in the process of collecting all your feedback and concerns and building out the appropriate solutions as well as a flow to resolve concerns on a one-on-one basis.

We appreciate your patience in this issue and will continue to work to improve your experience with FINAL FANTASY VII PC."

JohnHeroHD-288825
20th Aug 2012, 02:23
na.square-enix.com/go/thread/view/139233... (/go/thread/view/139233/29315567/Re:_FINAL_FANTASY_VII_PC_Downloads)

"Hello everyone,

I'd like to update you briefly on the work being done for FINAL FANTASY VII PC.

We've already made some fixes to the download and purchase process that hopefully has resolved some concerns for many of you. We're in the process of collecting all your feedback and concerns and building out the appropriate solutions as well as a flow to resolve concerns on a one-on-one basis.

We appreciate your patience in this issue and will continue to work to improve your experience with FINAL FANTASY VII PC."

Yeah, that was posted 3 day's ago...
If they have problems, sure, I understand, but keep me/us posted on what they are doing to solve it and when they think it's solved.

If you know you are going to release a new product, keep people working during the weekend just in case things go wrong.

Grimoire
20th Aug 2012, 02:32
I am well aware of this, but by the looks of this part of the forum it doesn't seem like many even visit the announcements section.

Grimoire
20th Aug 2012, 17:38
SQUARE ENIX EUROPE‏@SQUARE_ENIX_EU (mailto:EUROPE‏@SQUARE_ENIX_EU)

"For those who were receiving a "Server Error" message when playing FFVII for PC; please try playing rebooting and trying the game now."

Susp3ct_Dev1ce
6th Sep 2012, 20:13
Okay, kids. I just got off the phone with Digital River as well as Squeenix support.

The download link issue is a known issue specific to Final Fantasy VII.

they are working to resolve said issue blah blah blah...

Basically the system is slogging to authorize our orders.

When the order is approved, Then the download link will become available

I was told within 24 hours, but they will put a note in to "expedite".

Oh! in case anybody wants them:

Square Enix Tech Support: 1-858-790-7529

Digital River Technical Support: 1-952-253-1234

Go git em'