PDA

View Full Version : Podcast questions - we like them

Keir
8th Jul 2010, 22:51
Oh hi...... I didn't see you there. Why don't you make yourself comfortable?

It's funny you should drop by because I was just writing a thread about the community asking Crystal Dynamics some questions. Cool, huh. Let me tell you about it...

This time we'll be answering your questions in a format we like to call a non-streamed audio webcast. You might like to call it a............ PODCAST http://e.deviantart.net/emoticons/w/woohoo.gif

Hells yeah! So despite the fact I truly detest the sound of my own voice, I'll be recording a few of these non-streamed audio webcasts or 'podcasts' over the coming weeks interviewing the devs behind LCGoL. We'll touch on various Lara realted topics and aspects of LCGoL.

To introduce the series the first podcast will be called.....

'"Wait.... What?" -The History and Concept of Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light'

Basically, I'll be asking.... "WTF WERE YOU THINKING WHEN YOU CAME UP WITH THE IDEA FOR LCGoL?!" :scratch: :lmao:

I'll be recording it with Daniel Neuburger (Creative Director) and the lovely Forest Large (Producer). We'll be discussing things like how the project came about, the inspiration behind it, the challenges, the key roles in the team, the high points, the low points in the project, what the delivered food is like, etc, etc.

So generally speaking in a general sense this one is pretty general. If you have any general questions about the LCGoL project on a general level, here's your chance to ask the key people responsible. Just include your question in this thread and I'll see if I can get it answered. If you'd like to record your question and link me to a recording of your voice that I could include in the podcast that'd be AWESOME! Send me a PM with a link to your audio clip if you're cool enough to do this :)

I'll be recording the podcast the middle of next week all being well.

DISCLAIMER: I can't promise we'll answer all your questions, but I can promise it'll be super, smashing, great.

RoombelinaUK
8th Jul 2010, 22:56
YAY first post!! AGAIN!!
"We've all seen how awesome LCGol can be, nothing can stop us from buying it! How many hours of playtime should fans expect from the gun-toter's latest downloadable adventure?"

chriss_99
8th Jul 2010, 23:07
Keir, I have to say that you are truly a man of action. :D

Perhaps the question I'm going to ask is not the most creative one but... let's get on with it.

I would like to ask if the guys in Crystal Dynamics were inspired by Underworld Lara in any way when they were creating Lara's model for GOL and whether the blue top is a deliberate reference to classic Lara, and what has happened with Lara's backpack!? :D

Thank you :)

lilhanhan
8th Jul 2010, 23:46
Umm, what about...

"How did the original idea of making Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light a isometric viewpoint adventure game come about? Did one of the team members decide that it would be fun the replicate the experience of certain arcade series such as Gauntlet (sorry for the lack of a better example) and then decided to include Lara as the main character afterwards; or was it to make a point that Lara didn't need to stick with the same gameplay formula that we see all the time in the main series?"

It's not the best question in the world but hey at least it's a question! :o :)

Laras Dream
9th Jul 2010, 07:10
Here's my question Keir:

1.) Creative Director and Producer
We know that Xbox release, when will it be released on PC?

Danielsun_
9th Jul 2010, 07:51
1) We have seen many aspects of the game already but what is it that will really stand out of the fans out there which they can truly relate to?

2) do you ever think we will see a versus mode, perhaps 2v2 or 4v4 in one isometric explosive action fest

dark7angel
9th Jul 2010, 09:58
How did you came up with the idea of Totec's character?

Was the idea of a co-op game something you had from the start or was it something that came along in the developing process?

PS: Keir, you are AWESOME!!! :D

Raider126
9th Jul 2010, 15:38
"What was the inspiration about the creatures dramatically exploding when you defeat them"
It's awesome.

chriss_99
9th Jul 2010, 19:12
Ok, I have another question that I would really like to ask :D

Does Totec speak English? ;)

Danielsun_
9th Jul 2010, 19:56
who made the initial decision to make two teams one working on games like LCGOL and the other on the pillar release, and how were the people selected?

Portal Croft
9th Jul 2010, 22:45
In Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light, we can see that we have a fixed camera, this camera style will be similar to Gold of War games?

www.portalcroft.com Fansite Brazilian, how do I officiated at the EIDOS (Square Enix Europe)

e-mail: portalcroft_br@hotmail.com

Portal Croft
9th Jul 2010, 22:52
The videos of LC-Gol, when played in single player appears Versions for Totec, as happens in other games?

Question posed by the site www.portalcroft.com (Fan Site Brazilian), how do it officially?

e-mail: portalcroft_br@hotmail.com

Treeble
10th Jul 2010, 02:57
Oh now it's getting interesting. I miss the sweeping media releases, though I know this is not as big as a project as a main Tomb Raider game. Hoping to see plenty of concept art though.

As for the podcast, here's my question (I was going to ask about Totec but that's been covered already by other guys).

Were there any concepts for the first Lara Croft game before 'The Guardian of Light' that were dropped in favor of the game we currently see? Could we hear just a bit more about them, if they did exist?

TF.Denis
10th Jul 2010, 03:25
my question i guess..well will be the achievements\trophies hard to earn? because on tru it was very fun earning them and it had 5 gold trophies which is rare!! what about gol trophies? will they be that fun earning them? and answering 2 questions..it will be a 6 hour game and it will released on 18 august on 360..nothing about ps3 yet but i guess it will be released some days later on ps3..on pc rumours say it's gonna be a late release..

FearEffectInferno
10th Jul 2010, 10:06
In any case it'll be no better than Fear Effect Inferno http://emoticoneemoticone.com/emoticones/triste/2.gif, but I hope it will be good because I planned to download it

Portal Croft
10th Jul 2010, 14:11
Besides the fixed camera and Totec, which we will have innovative LCGol ?

Keir, sorry for the mistakes of English, and I'm from Brazil and use the
Google translator.

www.portalcroft.com formalize

email: portalcroft_br@hotmail.com

Danielsun_
10th Jul 2010, 14:37
question for Keir if you get on xbox or pc can we have a game ;)

Max 28
11th Jul 2010, 12:23
Yay for more questions! :D

"If LCGoL is successful, will we be seeing another similar and isometric game in the future?"

"What was the most important element from the other TR games to keep in this game, so it stayed nicely related?"

"Will concepts of LCGoL's combat (such as the swarming enemies) be used in future TR games?"

"If LCGoL is successful, will we be seeing another similar co-op game in the future?"

"When constructing a co-op character, was using a modern day character considered instead of Totec, a ancient Mayan warrior?"

"Was a female co-op character considered to go with Lara, instead of a male? Is there any important reasons for using a male, like a second female would steal Lara's thunder?"

That's some from me for now. :)

Danielsun_
11th Jul 2010, 12:42
Can we expect to see some online play for Tomb Raider games, if popularity with LCGOL is high?

how much replayability is there in LCGOL?

How much influence did LCGOL take from other games?

Can fans hope to see some or all of the concept art for LCGOL, especially early designs to see what was on the table before making the game we see ?

TF.Denis
13th Jul 2010, 04:41
In any case it'll be no better than Fear Effect Inferno http://emoticoneemoticone.com/emoticones/triste/2.gif, but I hope it will be good because I planned to download it

excuse me? never heard of it buddy sorry..you are in this topic as lara's fun if i remember correctly..and anyway about the fear effect i have seen some screenshots..graphics and animations are like a ps1 game and please..you can talk about other games on other forums..

richunk
13th Jul 2010, 19:27
I would also like to know if Lara could expect different partners in future games. Might these new partners be a youngster (boy or girl) or a love interest or a female assistant (a colleague from university or something of a rival pressed into service to aid in solving the plot).

Will there by much dialogue involving Lara throughout the game? I think the true fans look forward to hearing her lovely British accent either during personal musing or with other characters. Hopefully she shares thoughts and strategies with her companion.

Keir
14th Jul 2010, 00:40
OK! Some great questions here guys. We won't be able to answer all of them, and some of them we'll touch on in later podcasts but this is awesome. Thanks to everyone that has asked one :thumbsup:

question for Keir if you get on xbox or pc can we have a game ;)

You bet!

BlueSkiesXXV
15th Jul 2010, 16:11
Fixed your sig text :nut:

Eidos <3's you and Square care (if you own a 360)

:whistle:

chriss_99
15th Jul 2010, 19:46
Hey Keir,

I've heard that you interviewed Forest last night, didn't you?
I can't wait to hear it considering how much fun I had listening to the Underworld podcasts. :D
How long do you assume will it be?
Oh, and congrats to Daniel and his wife! ;)

Keir
15th Jul 2010, 20:07
Hey Keir,

I've heard that you interviewed Forest last night, didn't you?
I can't wait to hear it considering how much fun I had listening to the Underworld podcasts. :D
How long do you assume will it be?
Oh, and congrats to Daniel and his wife! ;)

Correct! I had a good interview with the lovely Forest. I asked her a couple of your questions :thumb:

I need to edit the podcast tomorrow and then it'll need to get sign off from brand, so it'll likely be released early next week all things being well.

(And I just heard that Daniel is now the proud father of a bouncing baby boy :) )

beretta
15th Jul 2010, 20:23
Correct! I had a good interview with the lovely Forest. I asked her a couple of your questions :thumb:

I need to edit the podcast tomorrow and then it'll need to get sign off from brand, so it'll likely be released early next week all things being well.

(And I just heard that Daniel is now the proud father of a bouncing baby boy :) )

:D filicitation to happily dad !

chriss_99
15th Jul 2010, 20:26
I hope you guys had a good laugh! :D
Forest seems to be a very nice lady, can't wait to hear her answers!

Bouncing baby boy you say, it seems that a new generation of Tomb Raider developers is on its way! :)

Portal Croft
16th Jul 2010, 03:11
When we can hear the podcast :confused:

www.portalcroft.com The Fantastic World of Lara Croft