PDA

View Full Version : Host migration?

2Rare2Die
8th Jul 2010, 08:29
Serious issue, devs u planning on fixing this....The online needs host migration

Zidrien
8th Jul 2010, 08:31
I agree one hundred percent. If nothing else, at least host migration or something similar.

kelly is belly
8th Jul 2010, 08:50
Serious issue, devs u planning on fixing this....The online needs host migration

dont be a baby
just Either host your own or join a friend who is hosting
either way it is pretty easy for the demo to send you in your own game so your host i do it all the time

but i will agree it was pretty annoying till i figured out you can easily host your own games

just search for a game a couple of time's and back out and it will usually let you

Kyodan
8th Jul 2010, 20:55
dont be a baby
just Either host your own or join a friend who is hosting
either way it is pretty easy for the demo to send you in your own game so your host i do it all the time

but i will agree it was pretty annoying till i figured out you can easily host your own games

just search for a game a couple of time's and back out and it will usually let you

It's not a matter of hosting, just the fact that if the host leaves in the middle of the match, everyone gets disconnected. If there were host migration, then the match doesn't get interrupted.

kelly is belly
8th Jul 2010, 22:40
It's not a matter of hosting, just the fact that if the host leaves in the middle of the match, everyone gets disconnected. If there were host migration, then the match doesn't get interrupted.

then host your own problem solved

2Rare2Die
8th Jul 2010, 22:45

Want To be My Friend :flowers:

9th Jul 2010, 00:27

That's solve nothing, stop being silly.

blazinshotguns
9th Jul 2010, 02:09
then host your own problem solved you suck

Zidrien
9th Jul 2010, 04:18
Can we try NOT to turn this into a flaming match? I'd really like the devs to take this issue seriously.

10th Jul 2010, 16:47

So kelly is belly host his own game and quits. the people at eidos are smart they can do the math 7 people with a bad online experience. then when no one come to the games you'll wonder why, stop saying dumb *****.

ohitspatty
10th Jul 2010, 18:28
Host migration would be nice. It was a big issue in Dead Men.

Andyhugs
10th Jul 2010, 21:47
Host dies or gets pissed off and leaves, everyone gets kicked out and gets no rank points, ya this deff needs fixing

kelly is belly
11th Jul 2010, 05:32
So kelly is belly host his own game and quits. the people at eidos are smart they can do the math 7 people with a bad online experience. then when no one come to the games you'll wonder why, stop saying dumb *****.

Ill admit i do leave BUT ONLY if i spawn kill or have a team full of noobs who cant get to the white gate without dieing.
and whats your gamertag?

HOST YOUR OWN GAME PROBLEM SOLVED GET OVER IT,OR JOIN A FRIENDS

icedog stop complaining its just a game.
OMG I DIDNT GET MY RANK POINTS!
cry more queer

Zidrien
11th Jul 2010, 07:06
Someone should start a petition or something for host migration.

PS: I deleted my last couple of posts. Host migration is a real issue, and I don't wanna see this thread get spoiled by arguments.

But Kelly, without getting into an argument with you, just let me say one thing:
If you're against host migration, fair enough. You have the right to your point of view. But we also have the right to our point of view as well.
We all respect you, so I think it's fair enough that you don't insult all of us just because we don't share the same view. That's reasonable enough, isn't it?

That's it. I'm not saying anymore, but perhaps one of the devs can respond to this thread sometime soon? Just so we can get some feedback?

Thanks. :)

2Rare2Die
11th Jul 2010, 07:39
^^^^ exactly this could kill the fact that I might not even touch online if the host can always leave and then we get booted and our scores etc.... Don't get recorded

Moeez
11th Jul 2010, 20:25
I did send a voice message over XBL to IODEV003 about it, and he replied with "Thanks for the feedback. It has been noted!"

So, sounds like these guys are aware of the issue.

GrievousOdyssey
14th Jul 2010, 01:39
and he replied with "Thanks for the feedback. It has been noted!"

So, sounds like these guys are aware of the issue.

Alot of developers say that ...
Just saying ...

CheesecakeRecipe
14th Jul 2010, 07:55
I would hope so, Host Migration is something games need more of.

Bionicicide
14th Jul 2010, 11:50
Host migration should be an industry standard in every peer-2-peer game. -_-

Zidrien
27th Jul 2010, 06:28
Sorry, but I just HAVE to stress this to the devs.

I was playing online earlier, and just like so many times before, the hosts kept on quitting just because they were losing.

Really. If people are gonna take the game seriously, online NEEDS host migration OR dedicated servers OR something similar.

Creasy
27th Jul 2010, 12:40
it's just unbelievable how mp games like this still exist today.. there are developers who "get it".. just look at uncharted 2 e.g.
if you can't have that quality.. then don't do it...
come on. it has so great ideas.. but the implementation is just horrible.
host migration shouldn't be something users complain about... just have it. seriously.
otherwise public mp is unplayable.

michater
27th Jul 2010, 12:45
It's 4 minutes one round who needs host migration? Before COD there was no such a thing anyway? Now we started to want it from new games. So I'm pretty sure they won't bother with that, instead of host migration dedicated server support would be much better.

TAPETRVE
27th Jul 2010, 14:24
It's 4 minutes one round who needs host migration? Before COD there was no such a thing anyway? Now we started to want it from new games. So I'm pretty sure they won't bother with that, instead of host migration dedicated server support would be much better.

Well, smartass, before COD there also was no such thing as gaining XP and ranking up in multiplayer fps games. I want to see you rank up in a game where you constantly get disconnected because the host suddenly feels like taking a dump and just quits without warning.

Slick20
27th Jul 2010, 19:49
icedog stop complaining its just a game.
OMG I DIDNT GET MY RANK POINTS!
cry more queer

LMAO, the irony in that statement. This is coming from someone who likes to complain a lot during in-game action.

michater
28th Jul 2010, 18:07
Well, smartass, before COD there also was no such thing as gaining XP and ranking up in multiplayer fps games. I want to see you rank up in a game where you constantly get disconnected because the host suddenly feels like taking a dump and just quits without warning.

Dream away, they'll never add host migration...

TAPETRVE
28th Jul 2010, 18:45
Who are you, Nostra*******damus??

BeardedHoplite
28th Jul 2010, 22:55
Yeah K&L 2 seriously needs host migration, I don't appreciate being on top of the game, and losing my heater to a sore losing host, or to somebody has other things to do, which I understand, but this would not be a problem is the host migrated

ChrmoSchwinn/Terry Bogard
28th Jul 2010, 23:57
Simple. Join my game. I only quit for 2 reasons.

1. Major Lag (players flying/teleporting and going through walls).
2. There is someone in the game running Host Booter programs like BLaZiNShoTGuNs.

Anyone who has played with me knows I won't quit for any other reason.

Slick20
29th Jul 2010, 00:09
Simple. Join my game. I only quit for 2 reasons.

1. Major Lag (players flying/teleporting and going through walls).
2. There is someone in the game running Host Booter programs like BLaZiNShoTGuNs.

Anyone who has played with me knows I won't quit for any other reason.

3. Kelly Is Belly.

Kent-45
29th Jul 2010, 00:13
How exactly does one with the PC demo "host their own game" when the only option available is "quick match"

it's randomized... you don't know who you're gonna play with. Until they add some kind of fix for this, the multiplayer aspect of this game should be called "Lost connection to the host" because that's the message I've seen almost 4 times in a row now in the last 30 minutes.

Anyone that says this isn't a problem has no ******* idea what they're talking about. It's a ******* mess, and I challenge ANY IO dev to get on the servers and try to have a good time with this horrendous lag, quitters, and retards with open mics that deafen everyone in the room. I'm forced to play this game with sound off half the time because of this.

The multiplayer element of this game is BROKEN. The fact that these glaring problems are present this close to the launch date is disheartening. I don't think they physically have the time to fix all of them before launch day.

If IO is listening... don't make the mistake of pushing this game out to meet a release deadline. DELAY IT. The reviewers will tear you a new ******* if you release the game with the multiplayer the way it is. There are a million people out there expecting this game to fail just like the first one, don't give them that opportunity IO. Delay the ******* game. Have people work weekends. Do whatever the **** it takes, but do NOT release the game the way it is now.

GrievousOdyssey
29th Jul 2010, 02:55
Kent , want some of my ulcer pills ? i got different flavors ...

Kent-45
29th Jul 2010, 03:11
You still wanna rappel down, Grievous?

GrievousOdyssey
29th Jul 2010, 03:46
Of course not , i want to ride the elevator ...
You know how much i love them elevator musics ...

ChrmoSchwinn/Terry Bogard
29th Jul 2010, 05:17
3. Kelly Is Belly.

Yep, I forgot that one. Lol. He doesn't make me quit, because he always quits first.
Best thing about the Public Demo is I haven't come accross him once! He messaged me and invited me to parties/private chat when the Public Demo first hit the Marketplace, but I ignored him and when he just kept sending more pointless messages I blocked him :lol:

That kid's gotta grow up..

Origin
29th Jul 2010, 15:25
If IO is listening... don't make the mistake of pushing this game out to meet a release deadline. DELAY IT. The reviewers will tear you a new ******* if you release the game with the multiplayer the way it is. There are a million people out there expecting this game to fail just like the first one, don't give them that opportunity IO. Delay the ******* game. Have people work weekends. Do whatever the **** it takes, but do NOT release the game the way it is now.

I wouldn't mind this actually, if they delayed it another month or two in order to make it a really solid game, I'd love that.

Maximbonne
30th Jul 2010, 22:25
I think at the very least they should punish Hosts for dropping out of games. Maybe have a Red "Rage Quitter" Card alongside the Yellow Card, which works between games; A.) not letting them host and B.) Acting as a Yellow Card (can be killed without people being labeled traitor) for their next game/few rounds. Plus an automatic reduction in their XP. Something to make it so nobody drops to begin with rather than passing over hosting when someone does.

2Rare2Die
30th Jul 2010, 22:31
I think at the very least they should punish Hosts for dropping out of games. Maybe have a Red "Rage Quitter" Card alongside the Yellow Card, which works between games; A.) not letting them host and B.) Acting as a Yellow Card (can be killed without people being labeled traitor) for their next game/few rounds. Plus an automatic reduction in their XP. Something to make it so nobody drops to begin with rather than passing over hosting when someone does.

Yea but Lets face it there not going to add this(Host Migration) i think the final bulid is just about done and should be sent to reproduce copys real soon.

SlashPrower
30th Jul 2010, 23:25
3. Kelly Is Belly.

4. RomeCaesar.

TAPETRVE
30th Jul 2010, 23:56
5. Me.

...wait, what?

Maximbonne
31st Jul 2010, 02:22
Yeah.

TO be honest, I'm with the guys who say host your own game, as a standing solution to the problem as it is. This'd be a lot cooler if friends could join your game, but whatever. I don't think this will be as big of a problem when the game actually comes out. I certainly hope it's not. I also hope it's limited more to Ranked. Once I get all the guns unlocked I don't expect to continue playing ranked anyways.

SovietAmerika
31st Jul 2010, 02:34
I hope atleast they implement a system where if yo complete a round and the host leaves you atleast get the match points from that round.

2Rare2Die
31st Jul 2010, 05:58
I hope atleast they implement a system where if yo complete a round and the host leaves you atleast get the match points from that round.

sometimes I dont even get to finish the first round because the host leaves after failing to become a traitor LOL and sad and the same time.:mad2:

20th Aug 2010, 23:46
Dog Days matchmaking is worst then dead men at least on dead men you could choose from host match and quick match. All what was needed on this game Host migration perfectly reasonable thing to ask for the majority of the people on here wanted it there were a few loser that didn't know what they were talking about.

Some food for thought if every one host there own game no one would get in a game and lets say you do get some people to come. you would just close the match on them cause your losers.

I just want this game to do good.