PDA

View Full Version : MISC. Immortal Founders Booster is being deliberately missold

MordaxPraetorian
30th Mar 2014, 13:07
I'm still only able to select the prefix to be either "PERKS" or "STORE", the other options are simply not in the menu. I can see that the other options are not present in the HTML source of the page so your issue is with your server side code not generating them, rather than an HTML/CSS/JS fault

Right then Square, I've been willing to give you the benefit of the doubt on this one until now but today I learned that the party system was deliberately disabled prior to beta. I honestly have no issue with this on it's own, it sounds perfectly reasonable as a temporary solution to the issues you were having.

.....Except that then you started selling expensive boosters meant for sharing with fiends to players who weren't yet in the beta and couldn't have any idea that they would be disallowed from using those boosters for their intended purpose, while those boosters were being depleted.

This is deceitful, I can think of no way that this could possibly be construed as acceptable and if you haven't done it deliberately then it means there has been a MAJOR breakdown of communications between Psyonix and Square or departments within Square, but either way you need to fix this

I bought the most expensive pack so that I could help Nosgoth become the game it has the potential of being, and instead I have rewarded bad behaviour. I honestly feel dirty for having encouraged you to use these business practices in the future.

You need to be honest and upfront with your customers about what they are getting for their money. Nobody has paid extra for that booster so that they can share it with 3 random strangers every match.

With regards to the Immortal Founder's Booster I want you to do one of the following
EITHER:
Promise us that you will refill all of the Immortal Founder's Boosters when the party system is turned back on completely
OR:
Replace all Immortal Founder's Boosters with another item that can be swapped back for an Immortal Founder's Booster when the player chooses to use it, and replace the booster in the pack for new customers with the aforementioned item that swaps to it
OR:
Refill all Immortal Founder's Boosters now, forcibly de-equip them, prevent them from running down until re-equipped, and extend this prevention to all new customers buying the pack
OR:
Offer every person who bought the Immortal Founder's Pack the option to swap their booster for a reasonable partial refund on their pack, remove the booster from the pack and lower it's price until the party system comes back in full

With regards to the Gold and Silver Founder's Chests I want you to do the following:
Every time the chests are mentioned in descriptions of the contents of a founder's pack in your marketing material or store pages include a "Read More" link that goes to a PUBLICLY ACCESSIBLE page that describes how the items that come out of them work

With regards to the Chests earned by playing matches and the purchasable Keys to open them I want you to do the following:
Update the ingame descriptions of the Chests or Keys or preferably Both to state that the items produced will expire and have to be topped up

When you are dealing with Real Money (or purchasable ingame currency) you must be honest and up-front with your customers, they need to know what they are getting prior to purchase

Nobody wants to deal with deviant Zephonim Vampires and if you don't buck up that's exactly the reputation you'll get and the game will fail because of it

Make this right

0Exroath0
30th Mar 2014, 20:02
What bugs me is that these founders booster are ticking down.. at no point anywhere did they say they were time based.

The chests ... honestly I opened one then just left the rest in hope they will get fixed.

Narphalex
30th Mar 2014, 20:09
+1

A lot of valid points brought up here about these issues. The immortal packs are the best of the best and yet with the non existant (disabled) party system a timer boost makes absolutely no sense. So i do agree with what you are both saying on this one, its kinda crappy for those that either paid 50$ or 140$ for the immortal founders pack.

Khalith
30th Mar 2014, 21:48
What bugs me is that these founders booster are ticking down.. at no point anywhere did they say they were time based.

There WAS a question posted about that and answered by the devs. So it did get mentioned there. As for the booster use it while you can, I mean by the time the 30days is up if you play at least somewhat regularly you can get tons of exp for every class and enough gold to get every permanent version of the items you want. I'm nearly done tbh, I hope we get some new items soon! I'm going to need more toys to buy soon.

0Exroath0
30th Mar 2014, 22:33
There WAS a question posted about that and answered by the devs. So it did get mentioned there. As for the booster use it while you can, I mean by the time the 30days is up if you play at least somewhat regularly you can get tons of exp for every class and enough gold to get every permanent version of the items you want. I'm nearly done tbh, I hope we get some new items soon! I'm going to need more toys to buy soon.

No where in any of there adverts or posts however..

MordaxPraetorian
30th Mar 2014, 22:40
The chests ... honestly I opened one then just left the rest in hope they will get fixed.

Honestly I'm OK with the contents of the chests, it is 30 days of actual play time which maths out at a huge number of matches, my opinion may change when I see how much they're going to charge us to refuel them though

That there's still so much confusion on that subject though only serves to emphasise the point that all of this really should be explained in black and white prior to purchase

As for the booster use it while you can

I really really wish I could but I've got huge technical problems that cause my character to stop acting the moment a Reaver throws a grenade or an Alchemist does anything

This just highlights yet another issue with the system though, normally I'd use beta time to test things for the developers and report back, rather than trying to have fun. But because a large consumable that I've paid for has to be used during the beta I'm incentivised to spend my time trying to get the most out of that consumable rather than saving it for release and looking for issues to report in the mean time

Come to think of it, why is a matchmaking mode the only option we have access to right now? If a tester finds an issue and needs to investigate what's going on they have to do it during a proper match with 7 randoms and "Guy's I need to spend this round trying to reproduce a clipping fault, please don't shoot me" is neither going to go down well with allies, nor will those wishes be respected by enemies.

Monkeythumbz
31st Mar 2014, 16:44
These are valid points, we're just discussing our available options right now and will see if there is anything we can do to address these issues.

Psyonix_Corey
31st Mar 2014, 18:16
After speaking with Square, we're looking into two things:

- Making new boosters not start their timer until they're first used or equipped
- Refreshing all existing Founder's Boosters so people who have already bought them aren't out a bunch of time

MordaxPraetorian
31st Mar 2014, 18:40
I was very upset yesterday and must apologise for making my post more accusatory than it should have been, it's easy to forget that organising a large company or a team of companies can be unwieldy and that honest mistakes like this do happen

None the less thankyou very much for taking this seriously

After speaking with Square, we're looking into two things:

- Making new boosters not start their timer until they're first used or equipped
- Refreshing all existing Founder's Boosters so people who have already bought them aren't out a bunch of time

That will fix the booster issue nicely, please let us know when you do whether you'll also be de-equipping the boosters or if we'll need to de-equip them ourselves to stop them running down after the reset

You still really need to look into the chest issue though, of the people that I know who have either been selected into the beta, received keys from me, or bought founder's packs themselves, the vast majority have gone through a phase of outrage about the contents of a chest (gold, silver or otherwise) and had to be calmed down, or have inherited said outrage after having a chest item explained to them by someone else who has bought one

Many testers do not have someone handy to explain to them how those items work and I fear that a lot of them are still raging because of it, this is affecting your reputation right now

Psyonix_Corey
31st Mar 2014, 18:45
Locked Chests are no longer dropping.

MordaxPraetorian
31st Mar 2014, 18:48

The Gold and Silver Founder's Chests are still giving out items to people who will suddenly jump to the conclusion that they'll be gone in 30 days though

Psyonix_Corey
31st Mar 2014, 19:03
The Gold and Silver Founder's Chests are still giving out items to people who will suddenly jump to the conclusion that they'll be gone in 30 days though

Our UI team is revising that display now, but it's going to take a bit of time. There's not an easy fix.

WhiteFlameKyo
31st Mar 2014, 19:14

If you're talking about those that players get after the match, they do. Just seen a few people getting them.

MordaxPraetorian
31st Mar 2014, 19:19
Our UI team is revising that display now, but it's going to take a bit of time. There's not an easy fix.

That's great, I am a happy tester once more, thankyou very much