PDA

View Full Version : What game do you dislike ?

2Rare2Die
8th Jul 2010, 06:22
Mw2 ohh my god very noobish and to easy seems the devs made it and the short story and buggy(still) online, very glitchy and laggy..

Bevacur
8th Jul 2010, 12:18
I hate Japanese games like Lost Oddysee and pretty much any other JRPG. I just can't stand the characters, i love Final Fantasy by the way but simple things piss me off. The super happy Vanille, i can not stand such happiness, it is too much for me too handle, i never seen anyone that positive.

Oh don't forget about the ******* wimp Hope. Whatever he does piss me off, the way he talks, walks, his hair, his face and pretty much everything about him.

Apart from that i love Final Fantasy. So JRPG is what i hate.

GrievousOdyssey
8th Jul 2010, 13:31
I mostly buy games that i know that i will enjoy so having a game that i dislike is pretty rare , so far i've got Elder Scrolls IV Oblivion game of the year edition and Half Life 2 that awaits my firing squad ...

BeardedHoplite
8th Jul 2010, 13:55
I got the all the PS2 GTA games in this nice pack for twenty bucks. Loved Vice City (my favorite GTA ever), loved San Andreas, but I could not stand GTA III.

I find it hard to believe this game got such worshipping reviews when it came out. The controls are badly placed and feel stiff. The aiming is ass and the player takes way too much damage from bullets. A cop armed with a pistol should not be able to kill a criminal with body armor and an Uzi.

I can understand it's impact on gaming, giving players a giant worth to raise some hell in, but the mechanics of it were just bad. Vice City was a complete improvement in terms of everything over GTA III

Also, those UFC games are bad too. I got one cheap a while back. Figured I try it. Well the loading times are ridiculous, this is the one thing in games I can't stand. You want to do some training? Long-ass load screen for you. Oh and you'll have to go through it again to get back to the menus.

The controls on it are bad too. You'll want to get into a fight, so you wait in loafing hell. You get to the fight and what happens? You press the button to throw a punch and jack-**** happens! The player moves with the speed of a retarded turtle and if you're lucky the fights will last maybe twenty seconds. Loading screen back to menus. Guess what? Your stats were too low. Gotta traing up, but wait! There's five minutes of loading to get through. Oop, can't get the controls? Well you get one skill point!

And so this vicious cycle continues until you either throw down the controller in agony or go finish a novel from all the loading you have to sit through

Brackstone17
8th Jul 2010, 14:17
I absolutely despise all JRPGs, especially the Final Fantasy games. I hate everything about them.

I dislike Modern Warfare 2, but I don't outright hate it. It's just so uninspired.

I hate the first Lost Planet. It was good for the first few levels, then for lack of a better word, it got very Japanese all of a sudden. The robots became completely ridiculous, you had a laser sword fight with another robot in the sky, streaks of light were flying everywhere and somebody turned the particle effects dial up all the way. It started as a pretty good shooter with a standard art style but by the end it resembled Final Fantasy.

GrievousOdyssey
8th Jul 2010, 14:30
I got the all the PS2 GTA games in this nice pack for twenty bucks. Loved Vice City (my favorite GTA ever), loved San Andreas, but I could not stand GTA III.

I find it hard to believe this game got such worshipping reviews when it came out. The controls are badly placed and feel stiff. The aiming is ass and the player takes way too much damage from bullets. A cop armed with a pistol should not be able to kill a criminal with body armor and an Uzi.

I can understand it's impact on gaming, giving players a giant worth to raise some hell in, but the mechanics of it were just bad. Vice City was a complete improvement in terms of everything over GTA III

Also, those UFC games are bad too. I got one cheap a while back. Figured I try it. Well the loading times are ridiculous, this is the one thing in games I can't stand. You want to do some training? Long-ass load screen for you. Oh and you'll have to go through it again to get back to the menus.

The controls on it are bad too. You'll want to get into a fight, so you wait in loafing hell. You get to the fight and what happens? You press the button to throw a punch and jack-**** happens! The player moves with the speed of a retarded turtle and if you're lucky the fights will last maybe twenty seconds. Loading screen back to menus. Guess what? Your stats were too low. Gotta traing up, but wait! There's five minutes of loading to get through. Oop, can't get the controls? Well you get one skill point!

And so this vicious cycle continues until you either throw down the controller in agony or go finish a novel from all the loading you have to sit through

You should watch Lawrence of Arabia twice while waiting them loading screens ! ...

As for Grand Theft Auto III , i just try to think "it was from 2001" , but still ... some of the gameplay glitches are just ridiculous , one prime example would be one of the last missions where you had to lure enemies into a ambush ... the said enemies cannot die in any other way other than being killed in the ambush , which means if their car flips over and explode , they die and the mission will fail because they didn't died in the ambush ... also , they absolutely have to reach a specific spot in the ambush zone , or else your allies will not shoot at them ...
But again , i just tell myself it was from 2001 , and subsequent GTA have improved over this Alot , Amen ...

YoungZer0
8th Jul 2010, 15:07
I have to say that JRPG's have become completely boring to me. I still love me some Vagrant Story though. One of the best Games ever developed. Fantastic Story, probably the best art-direction ever, amazing and engaging combat, superb soundtrack and so on. 8)

Anyway, what pisses me off about JRPG's is the fact that they seem to have the same pattern:

Main Hero has to be some Teenager. Either emo or always happy. Female Character has to be 'strong' but also 'sexy' which is why they wear skirts most of the time. There is low chemistry between the two.

Then there is a huge guy with a dark past, he usually doesn't talk much. Then there is the small girl, 'innocent' and with her feet towards each others which means cute in japan but awkward in the west. Then there is the ladiesman who's not really a ladiesman, because you don't see him being successful with the ladies at all. And so on and so on.

It's boring. I really like how Square Enix changed it's whole stand on those things. They realized they are losing the west crowd. Which is why they try new things. Not all of them are successful, but thank god they are trying something new.

If you check some interviews they have a great respect for western developers. Which is exactly why i felt relaxed when i heard they bought Eidos.

Anyway, the only JRPG series i like are the Shin Megami Tensei Games. Especially Persona 3/4. I really dig the strange art-design. What's also great about Persona is the fact that they found a fantastic way for you to have a reason to socialize with people.

Edit: Oh and all MMORPG's suck balls.

Bevacur
8th Jul 2010, 19:28
I only played Final Fantasy 13 and the story is alright which is why i am enjoying it, but JRPG characters annoy me to death, the combat is just so over the top i laugh at it, the story can get too dramatic, and when there is a sad part, i also laugh.

There is also a little black guy who is a mage with yellow eyes in one of the FF games. That made me laugh alot.

Overall Me= Major anime hater.

Falkenwut
21st Jul 2010, 15:08
Personally I have to say I hated X-Blades...

It's a big shame considering that for the first time the main character wasn't a big breasted bimbo.. but I guess half-naked isn't far off.

Also The gameplay was nothing more than a looooong series of button mashing endless spam-spawning monsters till u stop the source.. which ticked me off sooo much... Coz you can end up breaking ur keyboard

Plus that game has a HORRIBLE story.. HORRIBLE... even The "I am not alone" game was much better than it!

SovietAmerika
6th Aug 2010, 07:45
Naughty Bear,I loved FFXIII the whole way through then i realized how bad it is compared to the other FF titles(long live FFVII and FFX).MW2,Halo Wars(that dissapointed me being a big halo fan),any guitar hero past number 2.

MxOAgentJohnson
6th Aug 2010, 10:35
> still thinks grievous is ******* insane for disliking half life and half life 2.

I hated halo odst, i like halo but what it did to the already dumbass xbox community just made it dumber and single minded.

YoungZer0
6th Aug 2010, 11:19
Oh, i also hate Halo, Half-Life 1 and 2. I simply hate playin' a iconic character that has no character. I ******* Hate Gordon Freeman and everybody who thinks he's great or something. I also dislike Nintendo games for the same reason. Is it too much to ask to give Link a proper character? Guess so.

JackGordon
6th Aug 2010, 11:28
Strongly dislike turn-based rpg's, racing games (except for the Wipeout series), sports games in general and non-horror themed FPS games.

SlashPrower
6th Aug 2010, 16:20
I don't play sports or racing games (besides Burnout, sometimes), and I really hated Sonic 2006.

Modern Warfare 2 is just meh.

BeardedHoplite
6th Aug 2010, 17:28
Also, Starcraft brings my piss to a boil.
Now I play RTS-s all the time, with Supreme Commander, Rise of Nations and C&C being my favorites, but this game man, it's bad.

A typical match for me would be setting up my base, cranking out a few low-tier units, getting a few techs. Nothing out of the normal in an RTS. Then the **** hits the goddamn fan, man

I get smashed by late-game superunits who typically destroy my base completely. All this happens in the first ten-fifteen minutes of a game.

I would then typically rage-quit and try to throw the disc out a window.

joe the janitor
7th Aug 2010, 04:23
I didn't like Alan Wake, Castle Crashers, Army of Two: The 40th Day, or Lost Planet 2. So far this year hasn't been amazing...

Bevacur
7th Aug 2010, 18:18
JPRG's..vile things they are...

Whats more horrible? Anime or JRPG's?

Kent-45
7th Aug 2010, 19:37
Also, Starcraft brings my piss to a boil.
Now I play RTS-s all the time, with Supreme Commander, Rise of Nations and C&C being my favorites, but this game man, it's bad.

A typical match for me would be setting up my base, cranking out a few low-tier units, getting a few techs. Nothing out of the normal in an RTS. Then the **** hits the goddamn fan, man

I get smashed by late-game superunits who typically destroy my base completely. All this happens in the first ten-fifteen minutes of a game.

I would then typically rage-quit and try to throw the disc out a window.

I understand your frustrations... Give Starcraft 2 a try. They've put so much time and energy into balancing the units. You also gotta play games like these with close friends, or people in your skill level. I've always been an average Starcraft player, and when I ventured out into the B.net servers to play with strangers, I almost always found the experience frustrating and not very fun. However some of the best times I've had playing Starcraft were playing with my brother, and my close friends. Some people just take the competition too seriously.

JackGordon
7th Aug 2010, 20:15
I didn't like Alan Wake
Aw, how come?

Bevacur
7th Aug 2010, 20:24
Aw, how come?

Was not that great. Yeah good visuals but the combat is the same as any other third peson shooter. Except no cover and you use a flashlight to kill black shaodw people. nothing innovating there.

I was annoyed about how there was hardly any scares..

JackGordon
7th Aug 2010, 20:53
It's all about story and atmosphere, something other third person shooters rarely have.
I was a bit disappointed myself to be honest, I expected a survival horror game and for a while Alan Wake was one when played on Nightmare difficulty but it still remained a shooter at heart.

joe the janitor
7th Aug 2010, 21:24
Aw, how come?
The graphics were good but it wasn't scary. It actually went out of it's way to not be scary, the camera would pan back and go "HEY LOOK A BAD GUY, WOULDN'T WANT YOU TO GET SCARED IN A HORROR GAME OR ANYTHING :D !"
Other then that I also didn't find the story to make a whole lot of sense.
Edit: Although I actually found the combat to work. It kinda got repetitive though about half way through.

Bevacur
7th Aug 2010, 21:28
The graphics were good but it wasn't scary. It actually went out of it's way to not be scary, the camera would pan back and go "HEY LOOK A BAD GUY, WOULDN'T WANT YOU TO GET SCARED IN A HORROR GAME OR ANYTHING :D !"
Other then that I also didn't find the story to make a whole lot of sense.
Edit: Although I actually found the combat to work. It kinda got repetitive though about half way through.

This.