PDA

View Full Version : I want you all to think for a moment

MxOAgentJohnson
7th Jul 2010, 13:24
It has nearly been a year since one of the last remaining veterans of the First World War passed away, and i want each and every one of you to stop and think for just a moment.

I want you all to think about why you are here, the suffering, the pain and the horror these men and women went through during two of the most horrific wars mankind has ever seen.

I want you to think about how lucky you are, to be sitting here, to have a free will, to have a right to do what you want to do, to be sitting here with your life.

I want you all to know that these brave men and women are 10x the people any of us will ever be in a million years.

I want you all to sit and reflect on what these people had to go through to fight for your right to live, for each and every single right you have to be here now.

There are only 3 verified living world war 1 veterans to this date, and i tip my hat to these men for spreading the word and never letting me or anyone they have come in contact with to forget the suffering and the pain they went through to fight for queen, country and honor.

Rest in Peace Henry William Allingham (6 June 1896 – 18 July 2009)

GrievousOdyssey
7th Jul 2010, 13:30
Isn't this suppose to be the type of things that usually comes out of my mouth ? ...

MxOAgentJohnson
7th Jul 2010, 13:38
Obviously telling grievous to think for a moment is like telling a monkey not to throw his own feces at someone.

Bevacur
7th Jul 2010, 13:39
Man, i wish i was aloud to carry on my basic training, i swore an oath to the queen and everything. R.I.P Henry William Allingham!

MxOAgentJohnson
7th Jul 2010, 13:40
Man, i wish i was aloud to carry on my basic training, i swore an oath to the queen and everything. R.I.P Henry!

Less we not forget Henry John "Harry" Patch (17 June 1898 – 25 July 2009)

GrievousOdyssey
7th Jul 2010, 13:52
No one here but me laments about the futility of mankind's sacrifice , you know that ...

And besides , telling us to 'think' for a moment suggest that for the rest of our times , we do not think ...
That's cold , dog ...

MxOAgentJohnson
7th Jul 2010, 13:52
Well you dont think grievous, i know that for a fact :thumb:

GrievousOdyssey
7th Jul 2010, 14:01
I thought too much over the course of these past years , now i just plunder through , as i act with the thoughts already made ...

MxOAgentJohnson
7th Jul 2010, 14:02
Grievous. do i ask too ******* much for you to be civilised for one thread and not go completely offtopic and into nothingness?

Yes i know its offtopic, but not off-offtopic, if you know what i mean.

http://news.cnet.com/i/bto/20080908/Thread-Offtopic-Derailed.jpg

UhUh
7th Jul 2010, 14:15
It has nearly been a year since one of the last remaining veterans of the First World War passed away, and i want each and every one of you to stop and think for just a moment.

I want you all to think about why you are here, the suffering, the pain and the horror these men and women went through during two of the most horrific wars mankind has ever seen.

I want you to think about how lucky you are, to be sitting here, to have a free will, to have a right to do what you want to do, to be sitting here with your life.

I want you all to know that these brave men and women are 10x the people any of us will ever be in a million years.

I want you all to sit and reflect on what these people had to go through to fight for your right to live, for each and every single right you have to be here now.

There are only 3 verified living world war 1 veterans to this date, and i tip my hat to these men for spreading the word and never letting me or anyone they have come in contact with to forget the suffering and the pain they went through to fight for queen, country and honor.

Rest in Peace Henry William Allingham (6 June 1896 – 18 July 2009)

Ok, I'll try to be civil.
First of all, WWI wasn't a matter of human rights, it was a matter of imperial powers too big and stubborn to exist together; and while I respect Mr Allingham as a guy I never get to know, I hate to romanticize on war.
There's nothing noble about it.

No, just no. Life isn't Call of Duty, war is ******* mess, and I don't want to idiolize a generation of people that fell for the trick and went on to participate in one of the biggest cluster****s of modern history.

There's nothing noble about war. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jJsZCpp8hR4)

Now I know that I came here and pissed on your thread, and I'm sorry and hope this doesn't start a flame war; but I hate to see that the lesson we gather from that era is this romantic vision of war. Our freedom and rights aren't sons of war, but of culture and intellgence, of people that think with their head, not of patriotism.

MxOAgentJohnson
7th Jul 2010, 14:19
OH believe me, i know war isnt anything atall like call of duty, never said it was, but these brave men are 10x the people we will ever be, in terms of the way they acted and behaved.

War is the last thing that should ever happen, war is a horrible ******* thing, beleive me, i watch documentaries on war every day and i dont go "War looks cool" war is disgusting and terrible, the things people suffered through was horrible.

Go piss on someone elses thread or atleast get your facts about me correct.

But these men, the things they went through regardless of what, they are the true heroes.

War is not glamourous, war is not good, war doesnt solve anything, war is a last resort, i would never ever try to romantacize war, EVER.

Go watch "The Guinea Pig Club" or "The Last Voices Of World War 1"

-edit- Is your native language english?, or did you just completely read what i wrote wrong?

GrievousOdyssey
7th Jul 2010, 14:28
Grievous. do i ask too ******* much for you to be civilised for one thread and not go completely offtopic and into nothingness?

Nothingness ? man look at yourself , first you're telling us to 'think' even though there's nothing to think about in the first place ...
What , people died during the war , some thought they died for freedom and whatnot , most just wants to go home before they loose every inch of their humanity sitting in a hole next to a dozen corpses for three days ...

"Every single right we have to be here" what the **** is that suppose to mean ? ooooooooh , it's true , had the war never happened , we Never would have been born , ok ... so i'm going to thank ONLY those who died in the great war for giving me a chance to Exist in this world ? ...

Oh wait , there's actually a hidden message there ... you're trying to tell us that war is Still bad , even today , so we must do something about ...
Yeah , but rape is even worse , and people still do that today , how do you suggest we cleanse this world from such evil ? ...

Ok, I'll try to be civil.
First of all, WWI wasn't a matter of human rights, it was a matter of imperial powers too big and stubborn to exist together; and while I respect Mr Allingham as a guy I never get to know, I hate to romanticize on war.
There's nothing noble about it.

No, just no. Life isn't Call of Duty, war is ******* mess, and I don't want to idiolize a generation of people that fell for the trick and went on to participate in one of the biggest cluster****s of modern history.

There's nothing noble about war. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jJsZCpp8hR4)

Now I know that I came here and pissed on your thread, and I'm sorry and hope this doesn't start a flame war; but I hate to see that the lesson we gather from that era is this romantic vision of war. Our freedom and rights aren't sons of war, but of culture and intellgence, of people that think with their head, not of patriotism.

I can't say i agree with everything you say , but indeed , there's noble about war , Call of Duty World at War proved that alright , and what was the reception of the storyline from most gamers and reviewers ? "weak , boring" (except Gamespot , they loved it , imagine that) ...
Point is War is Cool for a lot of people ... Apocalypse Now was remembered for the Valkyries scene afterall ...

MxOAgentJohnson
7th Jul 2010, 14:31
This is deteriorating into a flame war... Can nick or acid lock this thread...

And the true colours are shown...

GrievousOdyssey
7th Jul 2010, 14:38
Not my fault if you won't even express your point , leaving us in a cliffhanger ...

MxOAgentJohnson
7th Jul 2010, 14:41
The point was be happy with what you got, be happy that you can live in the country you live in now with your right of free speech, and your not living in a nazi controlled country.

Brackstone17
7th Jul 2010, 14:42
I'm not taking sides here, but wrong war dude.

MxOAgentJohnson
7th Jul 2010, 14:43
If you read what i was saying, i said both wars, i used henry allingham as an example of the first.

GrievousOdyssey
7th Jul 2010, 14:44
The point was be happy with what you got, be happy that you can live in the country you live in now with your right of free speech,

Yeah alright , life is still crap but at least we got this ...

and your not living in a nazi controlled country.

Say WHAT ? ...

Brackstone17
7th Jul 2010, 14:45
Sorry, I didn't see anything to do with WW2.

MxOAgentJohnson
7th Jul 2010, 14:48
Im done with this forum, im out.

Mainly because now i see you cant even say anything nice to someone expressing there feelings for paying homeage to people who sacrificed there life for there country and there people.

You can call this my farewell thread if you want, because im done.

Yea go on call me a baby and a child and call me whatever you want for leaving for what you may say a small reason, but i respect the people im talking about with so much passion, i respect these people more than i respect myself and my own life.

So i bid you all farewell.

Brackstone17
7th Jul 2010, 14:51
I wish you wouldn't leave, man. If you feel you must, go ahead, but it's sad to lose a regular member.

BeardedHoplite
7th Jul 2010, 14:55

It's funny, I am reading Harry Turtledove's Timeline-191 (Where the South won the American Civil War) series and I am at the WWI-equalivent books. While I know this is a work of fiction Turtledove can show an unflinching view of trench warfare. It's brutal and makes me want to join the Navy.

GrievousOdyssey
7th Jul 2010, 14:58
It's sad when a regular member looses its mind , that's what ...

It's pathetic when we would only thank a selected few for giving us the chance to see the sun in the morning , even more so when these 'selected fews' may or may not have wanted to be such figures that will have people Respecting them ...

MxOAgentJohnson
7th Jul 2010, 15:05
It's sad when a regular member looses its mind , that's what ...

It's pathetic when we would only thank a selected few for giving us the chance to see the sun in the morning , even more so when these 'selected fews' may or may not have wanted to be such figures that will have people Respecting them ...

Im done listening to the constant **** you spit out, you always did like having the last word didnt you.

Brackstone17
7th Jul 2010, 15:08
I wouldn't call it losing his mind Grievous. He has certain people he respects, that's it. If the people he respects are people you don't respect, so be it.

MxOAgentJohnson
7th Jul 2010, 15:11
I wouldn't call it losing his mind Grievous. He has certain people he respects, that's it. If the people he respects are people you don't respect, so be it.

Damn, why couldnt that have been your 666th post, your on 555th

GrievousOdyssey
7th Jul 2010, 15:15
When One sees that nobody cares about one's feelings , and decides to leave it all ... yes , it's call loosing one's mind ...

The respect we have for our ideals is fragile , because you'll never find people who will support these beliefs as much as we would have ...
So no , it wasn't worth it , to become a outcast just because everybody laughed at my feelings ...

Same thing for you Johnson , in fact it is You who should be proud and glad that you have respect for things other than you , it is a lost vertue to be able to feel the greatness of others , but you have to endure the mindless of others , because if all you want is to find people who will share that same respect you have ... it just isn't worth it ...

MxOAgentJohnson
7th Jul 2010, 15:17
When One sees that nobody cares about one's feelings , and decides to leave it all ... yes , it's call loosing one's mind ...

The respect we have for our ideals is fragile , because you'll never find people who will support these beliefs as much as we would have ...
So no , it wasn't worth it , to become a outcast just because everybody laughed at my feelings ...

Same thing for you Johnson , in fact it is You who should be proud and glad that you have respect for things other than you , it is a lost vertue to be able to feel the greatness of others , but you have to endure the mindless of others , because if all you want is to find people who will share that same respect you have ... it just isn't worth it ...

Whilst i do agree and see your point and thinking back on it i do understand.

But in the infamous words of duke nukem...

Blow it out your ass.

GrievousOdyssey
7th Jul 2010, 15:18
*goes to the bathroom* ...

MxOAgentJohnson
7th Jul 2010, 15:19
But i rest my case, these men didnt want to fight, they didnt want to see each other die, they didnt want this to happen, but i respect them because they did there duty even though it was a disgusting duty

Brackstone17
7th Jul 2010, 15:20
Damn, why couldnt that have been your 666th post, your on 555th
Cause I'm not quite that evil.

MxOAgentJohnson
7th Jul 2010, 15:26
How in gods name do you delete your account on here?

Brackstone17
7th Jul 2010, 15:27
No, don't do it!

MxOAgentJohnson
7th Jul 2010, 15:39
still am

GrievousOdyssey
7th Jul 2010, 15:44
Look i'll leave this place if it's going to make you stay , august is near anywya , might as well for me to leave now ...

MxOAgentJohnson
7th Jul 2010, 15:46
Lol grievous you dont leave. If you leave you got nothing else to do with your life besides K&L2.

I never said you was the reason for me leaving, you just struck something in me that got me angry when i have already had a **** time recently.

Brackstone17
7th Jul 2010, 15:48
No one should leave. How about we just forget this topic ever happened? Go on as we normally would.

Anyway, Johnson, consider this my formal apology. I am sorry I did not read your post with enough attention to realize you were talking about WW2 as well as WW1. People mixing up the two wars is one of those things that just plain annoys me. I thought you had done this, but I was wrong. I am sorry if you were insulted in any way.

GrievousOdyssey
7th Jul 2010, 15:49
Well , i've got a couple of ****ty things that've happened to me for a days now too , might explain my raw behavior in the forums recently ... but still ...

No one should leave. How about we just forget this topic ever happened? Go on as we normally would.

Anyway, Johnson, consider this my formal apology. I am sorry I did not read your post with enough attention to realize you were talking about WW2 as well as WW1. People mixing up the two wars is one of those things that just plain annoys me. I thought you had done this, but I was wrong. I am sorry if you were insulted in any way.

This is getting so emotional , is the thread back on track again ? ...

Brackstone17
7th Jul 2010, 15:52
Well , i've got a couple of ****ty things that've happened to me for a days now too , might explain my raw behavior in the forums recently ... but still ...

This is getting so emotional , is the thread back on track again ? ...
I don't know, I just don't want anyone to leave the forum permanently or be offended in any significant way.

GrievousOdyssey
7th Jul 2010, 15:57
I don't know, I just don't want anyone to leave the forum permanently or be offended in any significant way.

Well Slash still hasn't dropped that kitchen knife yet , so danger still lurks among us ...

Brackstone17
7th Jul 2010, 15:59
Well Slash still hasn't dropped that kitchen knife yet , so danger still lurks among us ...
I think you can do more than just offend someone with a kitchen knife though.

GrievousOdyssey
7th Jul 2010, 18:09
So ... how come there still isn't a game based on the Great War ? ... a bleak and depressing game i mean , not the kind where you would have fun shooting at hundreds upon hundreds of screaming enemies ...

Something Serious ...

I believe that video games has a power and purpose to act as a 'entertaining' simulation on things we don't see everyday in life / things happened in the past ...

BeardedHoplite
7th Jul 2010, 19:15
So ... how come there still isn't a game based on the Great War ? ... a bleak and depressing game i mean , not the kind where you would have fun shooting at hundreds upon hundreds of screaming enemies ...

Something Serious ...

I believe that video games has a power and purpose to act as a 'entertaining' simulation on things we don't see everyday in life / things happened in the past ...

There was actually going to be one, it was supposed to have Red Faction- like building physics, but I am sure it is either in development hell of cancelled

EDIT: Check it (http://www.cinemablend.com/games/To-End-All-Wars-Is-Making-Its-Way-To-The-PS3-And-Xbox-360-5075.html)

Kent-45
7th Jul 2010, 19:35
World War 2 games are so overdone to death that it's just ridiculous. Frankly if I see any game with Allies, Nazis, or Thompson submachine guns... I'm just instantly turned off. Not because I have any particular objection to World War 2... but because it's just so done to death. We've seen it all before, and nothing really new can be brought to the table. All you can do is up the polygon counts and make it look like Crysis.

Bevacur
7th Jul 2010, 22:07
Cause I'm not quite that evil.

Oh but you are...

YoungZer0
7th Jul 2010, 22:19
But i rest my case, these men didnt want to fight, they didnt want to see each other die, they didnt want this to happen, but i respect them because they did there duty even though it was a disgusting duty

Like the SS?

GrievousOdyssey
8th Jul 2010, 00:23
Like the SS?

Alright , it seems that WAR IS BACK ON ! ...

There was actually going to be one, it was supposed to have Red Faction- like building physics, but I am sure it is either in development hell of cancelled

Whhhhhhhhhyyyyyyyyyyyyyy !!...

YoungZer0
8th Jul 2010, 14:54
Alright , it seems that WAR IS BACK ON ! ...

What war?