PDA

View Full Version : Questions and Answers

Nick@IO
7th Jul 2010, 12:05
You've played the demo (most of you) - now ask us questions. Based on your demo experiences, what would you like to know? What are your burning questions and your heart's desires?

I can't promise we'll get answers to all of them but fire away!

JackGordon
7th Jul 2010, 12:16
Are there any unlockables for the campaign? Such as: unlimited ammo, skins, ...

GrievousOdyssey
7th Jul 2010, 12:21
Are there any unlockables for the campaign? Such as: unlimited ammo, skins, ...

Add to that a Statistic Screen ...

ohitspatty
7th Jul 2010, 12:46
Will pre-order weapons will once be available to everyone? Since Europe is getting seven guns in the limited edition and the pre-order only offers three then I would assume that they will be through a DLC eventually. Perhaps for a low and friendly price :)

MxOAgentJohnson
7th Jul 2010, 12:48
Why is eidos scooping so low as to add non free DLC?

I rememer when dope bag was free. That made me gain some hope in console gaming.

Then 2k and Infinity ward ruined that lol

7th Jul 2010, 13:16
whats up with that sniper rifle.

UhUh
7th Jul 2010, 13:30
Wich of the problemes we found in the demo can reasonably get addressed?
Just to name some: no host migration, lag/no region restriction in matchmaking, players required to start a match.

Also, are there going to be changes in the mechanics, like more damage, harder ai on multiplayer, scoring system on undercover cop and taking hostages other players?

For the singleplayer: the civiallian ai sometimes is confused on what to do, is there a chance of an improvement? Also the speech sometimes is too low to hear, will this change? I'd play with the subtitles but...since the font is too small for a non-hd television, will you make an option for larger fonts?

In the multiplayer menu there's a "weekend challenge" option, what's that about?

Jenny is alive? Did Lynch actually kill his wife, or is it a conspiracy?

Brackstone17
7th Jul 2010, 13:34
Are some of the Fragile Alliance characters also characters in the singleplayer? I remember a screenshot that had I think Tommy from FA (the bald irishman) and Lynch in it together.

Bawabus
7th Jul 2010, 14:07
Are you guys willing to tweak the game's multiplayer based on community feedback (not ignoring you own beliefs about how the multiplayer should be of course)?

Is alcohol consumed at the IOI offices? (I had a feeling for some reason). :)

And what are the team's goals concerning the direction they want to take these two characters? Are you going to have them floating in perpetual crappy situations or are you actually going to try and give them closure?

Ashkanan #2 of The7
7th Jul 2010, 14:13
Have you seen how everyone just run trying to grab n throw each other? IMO the meat shield is kinda pointless on MP and a lame tactic, are you guys going to take it out? or at least tweak it?

The DBNO is other of the features i don't understand, say i shoot the whole clip from my gun and down a guy then they go down and shoot em with my secondary weapon and they just don't die, does they get more health when downed? IMO this should be out of MP. i have to headshot the other player to kill him in one go without having him go down and somehow kill me :(

Anyway i would love if you guys make it more like DEAD MEN

BeardedHoplite
7th Jul 2010, 14:40
(this excludes Rockstar Games , for either they do expansion packs instead of standard DLCs , or they just make it free) ...

I agree, Rockstar DLC is expensive, but it is usually worth it. I seriously think I sunk more hours into Gay Tony than into GTA IV.

Anyway, What is the main language spoken in the IO offices?

Vulture
7th Jul 2010, 15:29
1 -Will there be any flashbacks in the game? ( like Kane's cgi trailer moments)

2- Why did you guys didnt add melee to the game?

3-Will there be weapons from Usa, Germany at the game (kind of the weapons that people are familiar with),

4-How will the search parameters of online co-op will be?

5-How many levels will there be in the game or i can ask the same question as 'how long will the game be'

6.The restraunt level at the demo.. when we would arrive to Xiu's apartment, was that the end of that level?

7. Did you guys finish the development, or are you still polishing the game?

8. Why did you removed the flashback voices,memories when k&L were down?
it could still have been used when they got downed and continue till they fully heal

9. If you would compare the dialogue lines and cutscenes are they longer that Dead Men?

10. Are you guys thinking to push forward the release date at least a week? It would be a great strategical move and it would increase the sales. As far as i learnt from normal gaming forums and mafia II forums; people who want them both says that they'll gonna go first with mafia II because of it's length.
Dead Rising 2 did the right think by pushing the game 1 month later and it'll even effect K&L2's sales positively, so pushing the release date 1 week forward.. would be the perfect advantage over mafia II.

11. This will be more like a request than a question.
Nick can you reach Hakan Abrak and convince him to hang at the forums a bit
i'm Turkish like him so it would be cool to talk with him about K&L

---
i know i wrote too many question, sorry i couldnt resist myself :D

taylornathan2991
7th Jul 2010, 15:44
Whats the depth of customization in the entire game (including mp)?

The weapons seen in the mp demo, will that be it; or will there be more?

Any free DLC content going to be avaiable later down the road?

How many different mp modes will there be?

Any bank heist mission or mode expected to be in sp or mp?

Will K&L's signature guns be in the actual game for use in SP and MP?

Will you be able to unlock security camera tapes to watch in the main menu of the game?

sigrun
7th Jul 2010, 16:56
Chinese music credits

Morphilms
7th Jul 2010, 17:38
How much of a presence will composer Mona Mur have, if any?

Moeez
7th Jul 2010, 21:13
Why isn't there melee in the game? Has that been replaced by human shields?

Moeez
7th Jul 2010, 23:33
Will you be able to exchange weapons with Kane, in the single-player, like in the 1st game? (weird that this is omitted in the demo)

Kyodan
8th Jul 2010, 01:36
1. Will you consider dedicated server support for KnL 2 on PC?
2. Will there be text chat for the PC version?

Nick@IO
8th Jul 2010, 09:57
Guys, please keep to just asking questions here - not commenting on them or starting new chats.

Cheers.

Zidrien
8th Jul 2010, 10:56
Just one:

(I know I've been asking this a lot lately, but I figure one more time won't hurt...)

Host migration. Or something similar. Will it been in MP by full release?

taylornathan2991
8th Jul 2010, 17:06
How many weapons will be in the actual game for sp and mp?:hmm:

Will mp run quicker in lobbies ounce the game is released?

How will the masks work in the actual game?

What are some of the unique locations that K&L will visit in the story?

How many mp maps are there?

Any future plans for dlc stuff? (like weapon, mask, and map downloads; maybe even having another story within sp)

Bawabus
8th Jul 2010, 18:06
What kind of principles guide IOI's artificial intelligence design, and in what specific ways do they believe their AI, in its current state, enhances the experience in multi-player and single-player?

Do they think they could do better?

Morphilms
8th Jul 2010, 20:12
If my shirt isn't tucked in, is it still worth wearing a belt?

SMV _Shogun
10th Jul 2010, 02:57
- 2 end are possible in DEAD MEN who is the real end for the 2nd opus DOG DAYS ?

- Will be possible to play with kane in the story mode ?

Thank you for you answer ! And good luck for the rest of the developpement !

petersjov
10th Jul 2010, 12:14
Are there many story telling "in game" movies ?

how does the story progress "between" levels ?

Are there many.. lets call them "set-piceses", like the one in the begining af the saloon level, well it was an epic start to that level ;-) ?

what are the "voices of kane & lynch" thoughts on the game & story ;-) ?

What is the combination af scripted AI and "real" AI behavior ?, like the point where kane always runs to the staircase, looks up, stays by the wall & runs on (in demo) ?

Your own thoughts on the game, like to once about weapons, and the music that apeared on the homepage, they where great, lets have more ;-)

Morphilms
13th Jul 2010, 20:20
Does your MP level reset after exiting the game or is this just for demo?

ohitspatty
13th Jul 2010, 23:05
What will the "Weekend Challenge" be and will it be different every weekend or just once in a while?

2Rare2Die
16th Jul 2010, 19:02
Havent played online demo but, any chance of a party system or can u invite ur friends while waiting for the game to search for others....??

19th Jul 2010, 15:04
1.Will you be able to play as kane and lynch on multiplayer, and if you can't at least can you play them in arcade mode.
2.Will you be able to pick your characters on arcade mode since it a single player game mode.

Master davo 1
21st Jul 2010, 20:38
I want to know if you are going to add an option to turn off the grain effect or at least tone it down?

LUCKYDOGSLEVIN
25th Jul 2010, 19:11
What the deal with the connection problems? Losing connection to host and players dropping out?

ohitspatty
25th Jul 2010, 19:19
What the deal with the connection problems? Losing connection to host and players dropping out?

Isn't that because the hosts are quitting the game? That's what I thought it was. The lag is bearable with me as my connection is not too bad but all those "hosts" dropping out all the time? I'm not sure if I want the PS3 version...

CribbNG3
25th Jul 2010, 20:47
Are some of the Fragile Alliance characters also characters in the singleplayer? I remember a screenshot that had I think Tommy from FA (the bald irishman) and Lynch in it together.

They're was a trailer where Kane was giving all of the characters a mission run down.

skaar of man
27th Jul 2010, 04:37
can anyone tell me if there will be an option to turn off that horrible grain filter for the camera in single player? i cant fathom why they ruined this game with that filter it kills my eyes i cant play more than 15 min. without wanting to turn it off .. i love the game but the filter kills it please let me know if there will be an option to turn it off or even a patch to fix this later ortherwise it looks like im getting a refund on my pre-order.. i cant believe they did that!

joe the janitor
27th Jul 2010, 04:46
can anyone tell me if there will be an option to turn off that horrible grain filter for the camera in single player? i cant fathom why they ruined this game with that filter it kills my eyes i cant play more than 15 min. without wanting to turn it off .. i love the game but the filter kills it please let me know if there will be an option to turn it off or even a patch to fix this later ortherwise it looks like im getting a refund on my pre-order.. i cant believe they did that!

Yaaaa this isn't the game for you....

CheesecakeRecipe
27th Jul 2010, 07:18
It seems the PC version allows you to turn off the "Full Screen Effects", so with that and Steadycam you may have a regular (albeit boring) third person shooter camera setup.

Can't comment if such a feature will make its way to the consoles though.

drumcowski
29th Jul 2010, 22:29
Why can't we purchase weapons before a match based on our total earnings? It's a bit frustrating to start out with crap guns no matter what my rank is. I understand why, but its kind of lame. :scratch:

joe the janitor
30th Jul 2010, 00:40
Why can't we purchase weapons before a match based on our total earnings? It's a bit frustrating to start out with crap guns no matter what my rank is. I understand why, but its kind of lame. :scratch:

Umm, ok. So what you are asking is why can't we use the money we don't have yet to buy weapons.... Yaaaa. Why even become a traitor then? Why even pick up money? It makes sense to not have good weapons at the start. This is not Call of Duty! :mad:

GrievousOdyssey
30th Jul 2010, 00:45
Why ask for questions if you won't answer any of them?

You have no idea ...

SlashPrower
30th Jul 2010, 13:34
Yeah, I have a question.

Why doesn't the multiplayer work on the PS3 demo? I'd have thought you guys would have noticed that, considering that most people are in this for the multiplayer and by having it freeze up the system, you shot yourselves in the foot pretty effectively when it comes to PS3 owners buying the game.

GrievousOdyssey
30th Jul 2010, 17:32
They said on their Twitter account that they're looking at the PS3 issues right now ...

PC however ...

Frob
30th Jul 2010, 19:39
Will there be an option to mute other players mics in game, I have not had one Multiplayer game on pc without at least one players microphone blasting and making the game utterly unbearable (Even a master volume adjuster for all in game player microphones would be great).

maninblue
31st Jul 2010, 11:28
They said on their Twitter account that they're looking at the PS3 issues right now ...

PC however ...

http://twitter.com/iointeractive

for anyone interested

Notomo
3rd Aug 2010, 00:46
Is there a dammage model/hitboxes issue or am I just experiencing lag it seems like some of the time I killed npc's/players really easy but other times it seems like I empty a mag in them point blank and they still turn around and kill me.

Also some of the ai stuff I am sure is lag because I see the npc's "bounding" but I don't lag in any other way it doesn't seem dunno just seems strange.

Are you planning on fixing the matchmaking? As it stands only about 1 out of 5 tries results with a room with people in it all other times it says disconnecting or something like that and creates a new room that I am hosting which takes forever to fill and I generally give up on leave and try joing a game again which usually within 5 tries works. Seems like instead of the matchmaking dropping me into my own room it should just try to join me to a different room since apparently the room it was trying to join me to had filled up, or a few times I had nat issues with other players although I know my nat is open from a previous game.

Also after finishing a match and hitting a to re-join or whatever that never works always throws me into a room I am hosting that will not fill or just takes longer than I have patience for.

I think based on the single player the damage model could use some tweaking "read" should take less hits to kill people I will have to try again but it seemed that the first cops in the restaurant in riot gear/armor seemed fine since I assumed all were wearing body armor thus harder to kill, but then when you get in the street the regular cops seem to be able to absorb a bit to much lead for my liking its not horrible but it could use improvement would like to know if that will be changed at all. Think this may be the same issue I am experiencing in multy.

Hoak
3rd Aug 2010, 10:11
I liked the SP & MP (PC), and am wondering if there will be means to disable VOIP in the game, and means provided for text chat? Also will the retail PC game require Steam?

Thanksyou...

:)

maninblue
3rd Aug 2010, 11:13
What kind of DLC can we expect in the future? anything other than the generic weapon/map pack?

suyside
3rd Aug 2010, 20:10
will the screen tearing in the final version be as bad as in the demo?

F4tal3rror
19th Aug 2010, 23:44
As i wrote in another post:

I like the game in general..the multiplayer offers a real twist to classic play.

However, i have the following issues:

*Running peer-to-peer really annoys me with hosts often closing the game when they aren't doing as well as they would like, the lag i get on some of the listen servers that get hosted
*Mic screeching (push to talk needed, at least by default and a mute option)
*Crashes a reasonable amount in multi player (once every few games, especially if i've ranked up) (i didn't have any crashes in the demo single player)
*Text (all/team) chat is missing, and not everyone has a mic