PDA

View Full Version : Will Deus Ex strain your computer? Deus Ex PC gamers! What are your SYSTEM SPECS?!

Amore
7th Jul 2010, 04:53
After a little googling, seems the system requirements for Human Revolution might not be so demanding as all the new releases have been, from tombraiderforums.com

Minimum System Requirements

OPERATING SYSTEM: Microsoft Windows XP (admin rights required)/Microsoft Windows Vista (admin rights required)

CPU: Intel Pentium 4 3+GHz or AMD Athlon 2.5+GHz

RAM: 1GB (Windows XP) / 2GB (Windows Vista) system memory

GRAPHICS: NVIDIA GeForce 6 series 6800GT (or better) / ATI 1800XT (or better)

SOUND: Direct X 9.0c compatible sound card and drivers

DVD-ROM: DVD-ROM drive

HARD DRIVE: 8 GB Free Space

INPUT DEVICES: Keyboard and mouse

Recommended System Requirements

OPERATING SYSTEM: Microsoft Windows XP (admin rights required)/Microsoft Windows Vista (admin rights required)

CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo 2.2 GHz or Athlon 64 X2 4400+

RAM: 2 GB system memory

GRAPHICS: nVidia GeForce 9800 GTX or ATI HD4800

SOUND: Direct X 9.0c compatible sound card and drivers

DVD-ROM: DVD-ROM drive

HARD DRIVE: 8 GB Free Space

SO! Deus Ex community, what are your system specs? (I'm sure it'd be of interest to the devs. :3)

Personally, I'm running a bargain machine right now I built myself, planning on building a new system sometime with an i7-870k and a Fermi, (it's a computer, AND a grilling machine)

Right now,
AMD Phenom 9600 X4 @ 2.3 GHz
nVidia 220 GT with 1GB of memory
4GB of RAM
64-bit Windows 7

Runs Bad Company 2 at minimum settings with pretty damn good frames.

(note to system builders, I was naive, and thought buying parts from ebay was a good idea, after I got that CPU, my system has been permanently damaged, 10+ bluescreens a day...)

Jerion
7th Jul 2010, 04:57
Oh, count on the recommended specs being at least a few rungs higher on the hardware ladder. A Radeon HD4850/GeForce GTS 250 or better will probably do you just fine though. Don't worry about this game having astronomical system reqs.

pvc
7th Jul 2010, 07:08
This makes me happy. I was a little worried about building my new system now, then needing to upgrade early 2011.
I'm guessing a single GTX 470 would do fine then...

Shinrei
7th Jul 2010, 08:27
ofc it will do it's job great.... don't forget that EM has a lot of time to tweak the sys. rec. a little bit altough they but in some extra flavour to the TRU engine.

So as mentioned in other threads before, take Tomb Raider:Legend as a benchmark and grunge it up a little bit on recommended specs. Personally I don't think that DX:HR will kill decent gaming rigs because the TRU engine doing a great job at visuals with demanding not so much ressources.

Exian
7th Jul 2010, 09:57
http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?t=105036

Amore
7th Jul 2010, 15:52
http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?t=105036

Thanks, tried searching but didn't find it.

Although, maybe put in the info for the TRU engine requirements, that info could be relevant for some.

Exian
7th Jul 2010, 16:22
Thanks, tried searching but didn't find it.

Although, maybe put in the info for the TRU engine requirements, that info could be relevant for some.

Thank you, I updated the thread. Welcome to the forums ;)