PDA

View Full Version : K&L2 Dog Days wallpapers?

Bevacur
7th Jul 2010, 00:42
Anyone have the Dog Day's box art as a wallpaper, with all the mature rating, IO pic gone, Xbox 360 or PS3 strip at top gone and also in a psp shape? I think it's 1600 x 900 resolution.

I would totally do it by myself, but my photoshopping skills are horrendous. Unless anyone could show me, i am using Advancepaint.

Kent-45
7th Jul 2010, 00:47
I believe it's on the Kane & Lynch 2 website kit.... and I don't have that downloaded at the moment. Sorry.

Brackstone17
7th Jul 2010, 00:52
I don't think it was in the website kit and I don't think it's been released in wallpaper form yet. Sorry.

Bevacur
7th Jul 2010, 00:54
Thats a shame. The box art would look great for a wallpaper. I will look in the website kit.

GrievousOdyssey
7th Jul 2010, 00:59
Man , you boys just can't ******* survive without me around , can you ? ...

http://image.gamespotcdn.net/gamespot/images/2010/181/979996_20100701_screen008.jpg

This still looks ******* horrible ...

Brackstone17
7th Jul 2010, 01:02
That's not exactly a wallpaper though. Still, good job.

Bevacur
7th Jul 2010, 01:02
That is awesome Grievous, thanks!

The background is rubbish, but the detail on the characters is really cool.
Without you Grievous, i would not exist.

Edit: Just tried it on my psp, is it possible if you can make it wider? Like i said, i would do this myself but i totally suck, i tried earlier and somehow gave it a fuzzy look and changed the colour to black with a transparent Naughty Bear covering Lynch's face.

GrievousOdyssey
7th Jul 2010, 01:04
Take a wild guess Where i found that work of ****ty art ...

GAMESPOT ...

Bevacur
7th Jul 2010, 01:08
I tried looking, i swear! I typed in Kane and Lynch 2 Dog Days box art psp wallpapers.
Quite a long search but i never found anything decent.

The wallpaper you just posted and the one with Lynch pointing his finger are the only ones i can find, are there any more?

GrievousOdyssey
7th Jul 2010, 01:12
The rest hasn't been officially released yet i guess , but Vulture has some new arts i believe ...

I also remember a forum user in here who photoshopped a cute dog next to the game's title , back in november ...

Kent-45
7th Jul 2010, 01:58
For someone that is so outspoken about the box art, it's amusing that you of all of us have it on your hard drive, Grievous. That's irony for you.

GrievousOdyssey
7th Jul 2010, 02:14
Actually it kind of makes sense that i of all people should have the highest quality of the box art , so it gives me a better justification at criticizing it , because even now , as big as it is , It Still LOOKS LIKE AMATEURISH CRAP ...

I mean seriously , look at Kane , he is shouting at us to stay away from this aweful game ... Aweful ! ...

And for someone who never played Kane & Lynch before , you think he's going to get excited by the sight of a hobo rushing towards him ? ...

And again , for someone who never heard of both Dog Days or Mafia II , which game is he going to pick up on August Twenty Four ? the two old men above ? or this ? ...

http://dualshockers.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/03/mafia2_ps3box.jpg

joe the janitor
7th Jul 2010, 04:34
Man , you boys just can't ******* survive without me around , can you ? ...

"Your Image"

This still looks ******* horrible ...
Oh my, look at Lynchs nuckles! They are ****ed! Also, umm.... what happened to your avatar?

UhUh
7th Jul 2010, 07:07
Actually it kind of makes sense that i of all people should have the highest quality of the box art , so it gives me a better justification at criticizing it , because even now , as big as it is , It Still LOOKS LIKE AMATEURISH CRAP ...

I mean seriously , look at Kane , he is shouting at us to stay away from this aweful game ... Aweful ! ...

And for someone who never played Kane & Lynch before , you think he's going to get excited by the sight of a hobo rushing towards him ? ...

And again , for someone who never heard of both Dog Days or Mafia II , which game is he going to pick up on August Twenty Four ? the two old men above ? or this ? ...

You know, for somebody that hates so much on the cover I was expecting you pointed out some good work...but that steaming **** of mafia 2? do I even need to bother telling you why it sucks?

Generic concept, generic pose and the rendering is bad.
While DogDay's not super brilliant, it still manages to do things better, the scene is dinamic the colors are striking and at least they bothered to make a good rendering.

ps: about those old mens...it's not like you're going to play with Miss Croft anyway.

ohitspatty
7th Jul 2010, 10:30
If I didn't know anything about K&L then I would most likely pick up Mafia II because the Dog Days cover is indeed pretty lame. It looks like a very genetric shooter...which it is not so I find the cover very misleading.

Acid_Burn
7th Jul 2010, 11:25
Hm? (http://deadmen.ru/en/kl2-wallpapers.html)
Is it helpful?

GrievousOdyssey
7th Jul 2010, 11:27
Oh my, look at Lynchs nuckles! They are ****ed! Also, umm.... what happened to your avatar?

And what happened to yours ? why are you wearing a mask too ? ...

Oh and i see that you missed this thread , at least , you missed what Happened to this thread ...

http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?t=110974

You know, for somebody that hates so much on the cover I was expecting you pointed out some good work...but that steaming **** of mafia 2? do I even need to bother telling you why it sucks?

Generic concept, generic pose and the rendering is bad.
While DogDay's not super brilliant, it still manages to do things better, the scene is dinamic the colors are striking and at least they bothered to make a good rendering.

I picked Mafia II because it comes out the same day as Dog Days , that doesn't make it a good box art , but it looks / represents the tone of the game a lot better than Dog Days does with its box art ...
No distinct indication that it's in Shanghai , the crime capital of the world ...
The awkward pixelations will confuse people into thinking it's just some unpolished work rather the intentional style of the game ...
True , the lightning is pretty good ... but who the **** even cares about lightning besides a small few ...

Mafia II has got guys , guns , cars , generic and people love it , well at least they'll be a lot less 'frightened' compare to that weird looking thing right next to it ...

I much prefered of course the Mafia II artwork they used at the end of Bioshock 2's manual , here's the half of it ...
http://pressakey.com/gamepix/blog/bio2addeu.jpg

It looks like a very genetric shooter...which it is not so I find the cover very misleading.

Amen brother ...

JackGordon
7th Jul 2010, 11:34
Still hoping to see the K&L2: DD logo as boxart for Europe...

GrievousOdyssey
7th Jul 2010, 11:50
Still hoping to see the K&L2: DD logo as boxart for Europe...

Kind of think of it , the neon sign of Dog Days' logo at the end of the CG was trailer was pretty good ...

Bevacur
7th Jul 2010, 12:12
Hm? (http://deadmen.ru/en/kl2-wallpapers.html)
Is it helpful?

AH HA! That's perfect!!!

I will also be taking the picture with Lynch eating cereal...he really does look like a gorm there.

http://deadmen.ru/images/games/kl2/wallpapers/1024x640/05.jpg

GrievousOdyssey
7th Jul 2010, 12:20
Wait a second ... that face ... that look ... THAT NOSE ...

http://img3.imageshack.us/img3/8097/20100629054423edit0.jpg

:eek: ...

UhUh
7th Jul 2010, 12:53
I picked Mafia II because it comes out the same day as Dog Days , that doesn't make it a good box art , but it looks / represents the tone of the game a lot better than Dog Days does with its box art ...
No distinct indication that it's in Shanghai , the crime capital of the world ...
The awkward pixelations will confuse people into thinking it's just some unpolished work rather the intentional style of the game ...
True , the lightning is pretty good ... but who the **** even cares about lightning besides a small few ...

Mafia II has got guys , guns , cars , generic and people love it , well at least they'll be a lot less 'frightened' compare to that weird looking thing right next to it ...

You just made a description of what bad covers are made of.
Too much stuff, too obvious, I'm sorry, but your idea of a good cover is terrible. It doesn't have to explain the game, you don't have to know who Lynch is, or why he's in Shangai, it has to catch the eye and be symbolic about its content.

Criterion's famous for its covers, so I'm just going to take one and show you why you're wrong.
This is Akira Kurosawa's Yojimbo cover:
http://imgur.com/xdPKW.jpg

For those who don't know, Yojimbo is the story of a ronin wich find himself in a middle of a gang war in a japanese rural village; you may notice how there's nothing of this in the cover, there's no village, there's no Toshiro Mifune(the protagonist) there's no samurai or swords. Nothing.

Yet it tell us so much about the movie, the paper texture set the atmosphere of old Japan, the symbol echoes the Japanese clan's with a little twist with the guns(wich are part of the movie); but most of all we gather it from the title, it's sliced as if cut with a katana.
This is a good cover, it's simple(so the elements don't get lost) there's a clear prority and it comunicates what the movie's about.

This strong artistic direction is missing in games, only a few dares to go behind the commercial stuff.

I agree with you that both cover aren't any special, but you don't understand the reason why and so you think mafia's boring cover is better; it's not, it's dull lifeless. Even if mundane, DogDay's is bold, colorfull, dinamic.

As another example, take DogDays war junkie trailer and Deus Ex cgi trailer.
They're both technically incredible, but one is a videogame trailer(DeusEx) the other is not, it's more deep.
In DeusEx everything is explained, there's too much narration, too much diaolog; in DogDay's it show us, it doesn't tell. Keep in mind that both have to showcase the characters and the action of the games, but in the end war junkie tells so much more, and it's so much more interesting, it's emotional without the need of a musical crescendo.

GrievousOdyssey
7th Jul 2010, 13:26
http://deadmen.ru/images/games/kl1/wallpapers/09.jpg

This is what Kane & Lynch is capable of , a lot of things going on but it's all 'tightened' up , it's focused , it's clean , it's ... Different ...

It shows us ... it doesn't tell us specifically what's going on ...

And indeed , Dog Days also shows us things , but what is it ? ...
What does it shows ? ...

It doesn't have to explain why Lynch is here and why Shanghai , but it has to at least Present us that it's a tale that can't not happen in anywhere else but Shanghai (as the developers seemed to have taken a great interest in this city , it Must be a focus point) ...
It doesn't have to be crammed with images , one would suffice in fact , one wide image of Lynch and Kane's silhouette running , tired , with a neon lighted Shanghai in the background ...

It isn't because it looks bold , colorful and dynamic that means that it's instantly better than the dull and mundane , because one would then show a picture of a corpse , it will bold , very coloful , and would sure to grasp your attention ... but you're seriously going to tell me that the image of a corpse is better than whatever bland image you have next to you ? ...

UhUh
7th Jul 2010, 13:49
This is what Kane & Lynch is capable of , a lot of things going on but it's all 'tightened' up , it's focused , it's clean , it's ... Different ...

It shows us ... it doesn't tell us specifically what's going on ...

And indeed , Dog Days also shows us things , but what is it ? ...
What does it shows ? ...

It doesn't have to explain why Lynch is here and why Shanghai , but it has to at least Present us that it's a tale that can't not happen in anywhere else but Shanghai (as the developers seemed to have taken a great interest in this city , it Must be a focus point) ...
It doesn't have to be crammed with images , one would suffice in fact , one wide image of Lynch and Kane's silhouette running , tired , with a neon lighted Shanghai in the background ...

It isn't because it looks bold , colorful and dynamic that means that it's instantly better than the dull and mundane , because one would then show a picture of a corpse , it will bold , very coloful , and would sure to grasp your attention ... but you're seriously going to tell me that the image of a corpse is better than whatever bland image you have next to you ? ...

Ok, you need to take the pills now.
First, stop posting gigantic pictures it ****s up the thread. Ok thanks.

Second, you missed the part where I said it does need to be symbolic, there's nothing symbolic in showing something graphic for the attention, it doesn't tell us anything of the subject. Also, of course bold doesn't mean better, I've posted Yojimbo's cover as an example of a better cover than DogDay's, and it's everything but bold.

About DeadMen's cover, I've said it, and I'll say it again, it's not good.
I like the gun's silhouette, but the pastiche of images sucks. It's a collage of in game pictures, you can't make it more obvious than that; also, floating heads. DogDay's still better than that.

A better cover than DogDay's could be this:
http://imgur.com/c9MlZ.jpg

GrievousOdyssey
7th Jul 2010, 14:15
Sorry for the image sizes , didn't really thought it would be a issue for you guys to scroll on this page rather than on another page ...

Anywya , thanks Acid ...

Ok, you need to take the pills now.

you missed the part where I said it does need to be symbolic, there's nothing symbolic in showing something graphic for the attention, it doesn't tell us anything of the subject. Also, of course bold doesn't mean better, I've posted Yojimbo's cover as an example of a better cover than DogDay's, and it's everything but bold.

About DeadMen's cover, I've said it, and I'll say it again, it's not good.
I like the gun's silhouette, but the pastiche of images sucks. It's a collage of in game pictures, you can't make it more obvious than that; also, floating heads. DogDay's still better than that.

A better cover than DogDay's could be this:
http://imgur.com/c9MlZ.jpg

You seem to be missing the point that we're not here to talk about which box art is better than Dog Days , we were talking about what will the most common people think about when they go to their favorite retail shop on the morning on August Twenty Four , and i used Dead Men to show once again how we've come from art to generic ...

Also the symbolism in covers is a flawed argument , for example i will say that Dead Men's box art is symbolic , whereas you say it's just a collage of game pictures , i will say that's a deep representation of what life is for men like these , and besides the head are not just floating heads , they only come from the guns , the tools that define their lives ...
And then another person will come and say that he finds Halo 3's cover way more symbolic and emotional than Yojimbo's cover , you can't say that the guy is wrong for seeing something symbolic where you don't ...

Anywya , This is the best box art for Dog Days ...

http://img691.imageshack.us/img691/175/lynchcrazy.png

UhUh
7th Jul 2010, 14:27
You seem to be missing the point that we're not here to talk about which box art is better than Dog Days , we were talking about what will the most common people think about when they go to their favorite retail shop on the morning on August Twenty Four , and i used Dead Men to show once again how we've come from art to generic ...

They'll see what they'll see, we can't tell, what we can tell is if it's good or bad.

Also the symbolism in covers is a flawed argument , for example i will say that Dead Men's box art is symbolic , whereas you say it's just a collage of game pictures , i will say that's a deep representation of what life is for men like these , and besides the head are not just floating heads , they only come from the guns , the tools that define their lives ...
And then another person will come and say that he finds Halo 3's cover way more symbolic and emotional than Yojimbo's cover , you can't say that the guy is wrong for seeing something symbolic where you don't ...

You can say what you want, but I bring facts and arguments to sustain my hipothesis, I don't just make stuff up. If I've convinced you or not, it's up to you, but I've made my case clear.

GrievousOdyssey
7th Jul 2010, 14:32
Actually i believe that we all make stuff up in order to build our point of views on things , they don't just come out of nowhere ...

ohitspatty
7th Jul 2010, 15:44
Meh.

To me Dog Days cover looks boring and the design feels lazy. I think they should have gave it more "Youtube" style as that's a very bold creative choice.

Anyway, it's just a cover...

GrievousOdyssey
7th Jul 2010, 15:45
Anyway, it's just a cover...

Now you done it ! ...

Vulture
11th Jul 2010, 22:25
The rest hasn't been officially released yet i guess , but Vulture has some new arts i believe ...

I also remember a forum user in here who photoshopped a cute dog next to the game's title , back in november ...

dont think i'm special :D my avatar is actually a kane & lynch advert on xbox dashboard, took the pic with my phone. i hope that art will be released it's pretty cool

GrievousOdyssey
14th Jul 2010, 00:23
The quality looks pretty good for a cellphone camera ...

It's either that or the artwork was made like that in the first place ...

Vulture
15th Jul 2010, 22:11
The quality looks pretty good for a cellphone camera ...

It's either that or the artwork was made like that in the first place ...

its not a random cellphone. i took the pic with an iphone that does the trick :P

Acid_Burn
11th Aug 2010, 14:11
http://deadmen.ru/en/kl2-wallpapers.html
Maybe some of you are interested in new wallpaper? :)

Bevacur
11th Aug 2010, 14:14
Looking real sweeet.

If only the visual's actually looked like that in-game.

Will rain feature in the game? The rain effects looked pretty good in Dead Men.

Acid_Burn
11th Aug 2010, 14:22
Should be.

It's a little sneak from launch trailer ;) It is awesome.

Vulture
12th Aug 2010, 00:57

kane looks young as hell at here :D

JackGordon
14th Aug 2010, 01:31
Not a wallpaper but I simply HAD to post this.
http://xboxfreedom.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/04/kane-lynch-xbox-360-2.jpg

ohitspatty
14th Aug 2010, 01:46
Sexy.
I'd do that Sexbox.

TheMoD
14th Aug 2010, 12:24

Too bad none of them are in 1920x1080 :/

Arsh
14th Aug 2010, 16:37

Would it be possible to get those in HD format?