PDA

View Full Version : Release date revealed!! (this time for real ;-)

_Love2Raid_
6th Jul 2010, 23:43
According to multiple sources, the game will be released on the XBOX Marketplace on the 18th of August.

http://kotaku.com/5580738/limbo-lara-croft--castlevania-heat-up-xbox-lives-summer-of-arcade
http://uk.xboxlive.ign.com/articles/110/1104110p1.html

Nothing about the PSN and Steam dates yet, but those should follow soon I guess.

Thanks to Dingaling from TRF for finding it first.

Keir
7th Jul 2010, 00:16
Just to confirm this is the official release date for LCGoL on the Xbox 360.

The PS3 and PC release dates will be announced later, so stay tuned.

chriss_99
7th Jul 2010, 07:49
Good news! Thanks a lot!

naraku
7th Jul 2010, 08:51
Confirmation is what we've been waiting for, thanks Love2raid and Keir.

TF.Denis
7th Jul 2010, 15:09
well i don't care about x-box..i'm in 7th generation on games and on blue ray not dvds..aw well..i guess a bit patient wont harm

Danielsun_
7th Jul 2010, 20:52
8 days after i turn twenty (eep) looks like i'll have something to look forward to this summer after all :D

Ants_27_
7th Jul 2010, 21:10
Damn, thats me officially out then:lol:

On holiday around then so I'll be spending money on that as opposed to games, so sorry Lara I know what my priorities are and your not on them:lol: Not this time at least.

But its good that they've released a date though!:cool:

dark7angel
7th Jul 2010, 21:23
Can't wait to find out when it's coming out to PS3!!!

TF.Denis
7th Jul 2010, 21:59
Well i'm not that excited because it's just a game..but yeah..ps3 is what concerns me too

Sina_Croft
8th Jul 2010, 06:56
That's just when my days are planned full >< But Yaaayy :D :D :P

josh1122
9th Jul 2010, 20:16
cool about the release but not the price point

FearEffectInferno
9th Jul 2010, 22:08
Just to confirm this is the official release date for LCGoL on the Xbox 360.

The PS3 and PC release dates will be announced later, so stay tuned.

And the date of Fear Effect Inferno
-----------------------------

Can't wait for GOL !!!!! Love the TRU Lara

chriss_99
15th Jul 2010, 09:24
It's released sooner for 360 because GOL became the part of Summer of Arcade which is a huge distinction.

Pyrofer
15th Jul 2010, 11:37
This stinks. Why not release at the same time!
or at least announce release dates at the same time! Not only do PS3 owners have to wait longer for the game, they have to wait longer to find out how long they have to wait?

That means I will be sitting at home looking at a PS3 knowing others are playing it on Xbox already.

Meh. Why not spit on us too?

chriss_99
15th Jul 2010, 15:11
Well, such actions should encourage you to buy Xbox 360 in order to play the game sooner than other people. It's called "business".

BlueSkiesXXV
15th Jul 2010, 15:32
Indeed mate, at the end of the day it is a business. TR has become very business like over the last few years. In all seriousness, especially with how things are economically today, I cannot blame them at all for putting their bank balance before the PC & PS3 fans.

It would still be nice to have a rough ETA for the PC & PS3 release date though.

Pyrofer
15th Jul 2010, 15:38
Nobody will buy a 360 Just because GoL comes out before PS3 on it.
It just irritates the PS3 owners! Irritating customers is bad business.

Are you suggesting MS are PAYING them for an exclusive? If so, they would have to get enough money to cover the lost sales and bad will from PS3 owners annoyed by the delay.

I hate platform exclusives, while the console makers believe they encourage you to buy their console, in reality most people bought their console a long time ago and are not going to buy a second console for one game.
Both xBox and PS3 are quite old now, I can see exclusives being used during launch to try to persuade you but its not much of a selling point this far down the line.

chriss_99
15th Jul 2010, 16:16
I'm a PC owner but I'm seriously thinking of buying an xbox 360 not because of GOL but because of the fact that Tomb Raider is actually the only game I play. This is not the first TR exclusivity for xbox, and, although I think that PS3 is a better console, I will have to purchase 360 to have an access to the whole content of the game.

BlueSkiesXXV
15th Jul 2010, 16:22
We are all assuming that this title will have a 360 exclusivity element, but they have not really explained it. This is the type of bad PR that just irritates.

The 360 launch is almost here & informing people of a PS3 & PC delay even closer to the release date will simply wind people up no end. I guess it will be fine if it is just a one week delay, but if it something like 6 months....Let's just say that these forums will have some entertaining reading ;)

chriss_99
15th Jul 2010, 16:30
They did announce couple of times that GOL has became a part of Summer of Arcade and this automatically refers to the period of exclusivity for xbox 360. I don't think further explanation is necessary.

Ants_27_
15th Jul 2010, 19:20
I hate platform exclusives, while the console makers believe they encourage you to buy their console, in reality most people bought their console a long time ago and are not going to buy a second console for one game.
Both xBox and PS3 are quite old now, I can see exclusives being used during launch to try to persuade you but its not much of a selling point this far down the line.

Well exclusives aren't just cause they want a selling point, some developers create games on one console to create a better game than trying to create it over two or three different consoles. People like David Cage or Hideo Kojima for example.

But you get what I mean I hope.:)

BlueSkiesXXV
15th Jul 2010, 20:53
Timed exclusivity is one thing, IF one knows how long said period is. Keeping people in the dark is just poor, especially so close to launch. I guess that I just want to know when I can get my hands on this new game. In a few weeks, early 2011??? Just an idea would be nice. Some might be expecting to get it late August for the PS3 & PC. Is that a realistic timeframe, will they be disappointed???...BAH...LOL!!!

To be honest, I am not that fussed about this one as it is just a smaller download/arcade title. I can play the waiting game for this one. I just hope they get it together for the next core (ahem) release, as all fans, regardless of format, will want to get that baby on day one.

aussie500
15th Jul 2010, 22:46
We were told months ago GOL was being released late summer, which is September, Microsoft want to release the game earlier, good for them I am not complaining about it. Maybe the Xbox 360 version was finished first, maybe Microsoft are just keen fans of GOL and other things Tomb Raider related and like to support the franchise. GOL is hardly the type of game where spoilers are going to be a problem, there is nothing much to the story it is in the playing where the fun is, the Xbox 360 players can hardly spoil that experience by getting it a few weeks earlier.

chriss_99
16th Jul 2010, 10:42
Here's a link to an article

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/lara-croft-a-4-week-360-exclusive

It hasn't been confirmed officially, but I guess it's a matter of time.

BlueSkiesXXV
16th Jul 2010, 11:12
Cheers for the link Chris. I like the sound of this Karl Stewart fellow & kudos to Eurogamer!!!
So, fingers crossed, we could see the PS3/PC release the week commencing Monday 13th September.
Here are some snippets from the interview:

Eurogamer: The Xbox Live version of Guardian of Light will be released on 18th August as part of Microsoft's Summer of Arcade promotion. When will the PS3 and PC versions be released?

Karl Stewart: We hope to have details in the next 7 to 10 days. As with all arcade titles, irrespective of platform, you have to go through your submissions before they agree and approve a date. Unlike a disc-based title where we can pick our window, you have to go by what the first parties approve and give you a date, to make sure you're not coming out on the same day as five other titles. They like to manage the release window accordingly. We have requested a specific date and hopefully we'll get that and it's not too long after the 360 SKU.

Eurogamer: Is there a chance that the PC and PS3 versions will release on the same day as the Xbox 360 version?

Karl Stewart: No. The agreement with Microsoft is, in order to participate in their hugely successful Summer of Arcade promotion there is a window of exclusivity. That window of exclusivity is a set four weeks.

Eurogamer: So we know it'll be a 360 exclusive for at least four weeks.

Karl Stewart: Well, for exactly four weeks, really.

Eurogamer: So we can work out when it'll probably come out on PS3 and PC.

Karl Stewart: Probably. Again, that's our ideal date. It'll be up to the first parties and the likes of Steam to agree that's the best date for us to come out on.

Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light will be released on Xbox Live Arcade on 18th August for 1200 Microsoft Points (£10).

chriss_99
16th Jul 2010, 11:40
I'm not going to blame CD\Eidos\SE for trying to promote the game.
If Microsoft offered LCGoL to be a part of Summer of Arcade, it would be stupid not to accept such an offer.
All in all, I'll be getting the game in September. :)

BlueSkiesXXV
16th Jul 2010, 11:43
I'm not going to blame CD\Eidos\SE for trying to promote the game.
If Microsoft offered LCGoL to be a part of Summer of Arcade, it would be stupid not to accept such an offer.
All in all, I'll be getting the game in September. :)

Indeed & same here :)
Again, kudos to Eurogamer for coming up with the details and clarifying the whole thing.

ChaK_
16th Jul 2010, 12:36
I already wrote that on the official TR forum, so I'll just copy/paste it

------

are you insane crystal?

Releasing your game one month later than xbox makes it go into september, an already crowded month gaming-wise.

August was perfectly fine. cheap, 10 days before mafia 2, intended to buy it on steam.

But 6 days before CIV 5, 2 after darksiders and 2 weeks before gothic 4 and two after mafia? are you trying to fail at all cost or something?

I'm disappointed, and will indeed not buy that game anymore, won't have time for it.

I just don't get it, I'm willing to bet you'll lose more money from this delay than what MS gave you.

Well, see you in a steam sale, sometimes next year, if I'm not busy. And I know I'm in a fanboy place, it's normal, that's TR forum, but 99% of the customer will not think like people here.
Any person here will buy it whatever happen :p

chriss_99
16th Jul 2010, 12:50
Well, see you in a steam sale, sometimes next year, if I'm not busy. And I know I'm in a fanboy place, it's normal, that's TR forum, but 99% of the customer will not think like people here.
Any person here will buy it whatever happen :p

I'm sure there are people out there who are not bothered by a four-week delay and will buy the game when it comes out in September. You don't have to be a "fanboy" to understand it.

BlueSkiesXXV
16th Jul 2010, 13:13
Hi ChaK, this is the official LCGoL forum.

Four weeks is nothing and to be honest it is only the Tomb Raider followers who will probably be aware of the short delay to begin with. Many others will just see it become available & buy it. Unfortunately, I have a feeling that many non-TR followers will buy it expecting a traditional Tomb Raider game. There is then a good chance that they will be majorly pissed and avoid all things TR in the future. I hope that this does not happen & that Eidos have a huge success with their new parallel digital route.

I am sure that Eidos are aware of the risks. I just hope it all goes well for the 'Tomb Raider' brand itself. Crystal are taking a leap of faith with this one and, as we all know, the Tomb Raider brand will live on, but the development houses come & go (ask Jeremy Heath-Smith).

ChaK_
16th Jul 2010, 13:42
I'm not bothered by the delay, I could have waited 4 weeks.

Problem is the delay pushes TR in a really really crowded month gaming-wise, and this title will be over-shadowed by the lot of games coming out.

August was a quite empty month, and i'd bet many more people would have bought it, by boredom or lack of things to play

Pyrofer
19th Jul 2010, 12:13
The Delay irritates me on a deep personal level. The fact that Microsoft are deliberately making me wait to play the game to promote their console, that I am not going to buy? Meh.

As a PS3 owner, I have no idea what all this summer of arcade rubbish is about, and no interest in it either.

While I can see that a console exclusive may help MS in some way, just a delayed launch? How is that meant to drive xbox sales?

"Should I buy a whole second console, or just wait the month and play on the superior one I already own?" not a hard question to answer.

"Should I buy a xbox or a ps3?" This one will NOT be decided entirely on when GoL is released on each platform.
"OOh, I really want a PS3 but I get GoL one month earlier on xbox so I better buy that even though none of the other games I want are on it!" is not something I expect you to hear.
In fact, most people deciding what console to buy wont have even heard of GoL yet as they don't own a console!

All MS has managed to do is make me hate them a little more. My only hope is that they paid a hefty price for this one month exclusive so that it can fund development of the next Tomb Raider more!

bedazzled
21st Jul 2010, 11:51
I'm a PC owner but I'm seriously thinking of buying an xbox 360 not because of GOL but because of the fact that Tomb Raider is actually the only game I play. This is not the first TR exclusivity for xbox, and, although I think that PS3 is a better console, I will have to purchase 360 to have an access to the whole content of the game.

I'm a pc user and even though I've been a fan since TR1 and have every game to date, this sort of deal has now driven me away from GOL and all future TR games.

chriss_99
21st Jul 2010, 12:18
I'm a pc user and even though I've been a fan since TR1 and have every game to date, this sort of deal has now driven me away from GOL and all future TR games.

I'm a fan since 1996 as well and I understand your disappointment. I was really mad that CD made an extra levels exclusively for xbox 360. Unfortunately, we need to face the truth, this is the way how modern gaming industry works.
Lara Croft is treated like a cash cow, and she has always been treated like that.

kiss-bite
21st Jul 2010, 12:22

I don't feel the same way but after visiting many TR forums over the years I know that many longterm fans feel similar. Some started to sail away to new waters, better games in their eyes, long before GOL. Fans that were gained during the days of the Tomb Raider phenomena..

I do understand the immediate business strategy of the Summer Arcade participation... I truly do. However, it will remain to be seen if this strategy will work longterm in gaining new recruits that have the same passion to support through thick & thin & remain loyal to the brand... replacements for the fans that felt it was time to jump ship. Maybe it will, but gamers are quite thickle...

For the Tomb Raider brand itself.... I hope it does increase the fanbase...

chriss_99
21st Jul 2010, 12:36
For the Tomb Raider brand itself.... I hope it does increase the fanbase...

... and I hope that the series will regain the respect among gamers like it once used to have.

dark7angel
21st Jul 2010, 12:48
... and I hope that the series will regain the respect among gamers like it once used to have.

Me too!!! :thumb:

tombraidergal
22nd Jul 2010, 21:37
YEY! all i need to do is buy me some microsoft points, then it's MINE!

liampaulmassey
3rd Aug 2010, 02:42
maybe if square enix HAD'NT bought eidos they may not of made it only downloadable and they probably would have released it at the SAME god dam time

Danielsun_
3rd Aug 2010, 07:33
maybe if square enix HAD'NT bought eidos they may not of made it only downloadable and they probably would have released it at the SAME god dam time

As i said when you posted the exact same thing in another thread, had square enix not of bought Eidos, you wouldnt be looking forward to future releases...and this is not a pillar game which has been said time and time again, this is a bonus side game