PDA

View Full Version : Our best hope for information?

Pretentious Old Man.
6th Jul 2010, 17:56
2011 is still a while away yet, and since no "official" gameplay trailers have yet been released, it seems only fair to suppose that some reveals will happen during the interim.

So, in a nutshell, what would you say the best chance of such info being released? At a major conference? Whenever it's ready?

Whatever is decided, its looking unlikely that the E3 demo will be officially released.

Pinky_Powers
6th Jul 2010, 18:06
I bet when the Press gets Hands-On experience, we'll start seeing some official footage of those sessions.

I hope!!!

Spyhopping
6th Jul 2010, 18:13
Yeah, I can't wait to see some spontaneous interaction with the world at the hands of someone who doesn't know the game at all.

I reckon they will push one last big media release a couple of months down the line, at a date defined by them so to not be overshadowed by other game news. Perhaps their philosophy is to not thinly spread their main media release, but to do it all in one magnificent push toward the end.

Ilves
6th Jul 2010, 18:16
How about that community relations type person for starters? This is such a cold and dark place since René left... At least there was some one to jump in occasionally whenever speculation went through the red... :whistle:

Keir
6th Jul 2010, 19:13
How about that community relations type person for starters? This is such a cold and dark place since René left... At least there was some one to jump in occasionally whenever speculation went through the red... :whistle:

Don't worry, it won't be long till new community person starts (and he's a top bloke). In the meanwhile I'll see if I can't get a couple of things happening :)

Ilves
6th Jul 2010, 19:16
Great to hear! Hmm, now that you mention it, I vaguely recall René sort of promising something about some high res pictoral goodies... *hint hint, nudge nudge*

hem dazon 90
6th Jul 2010, 19:16
Yeah, I can't wait to see some spontaneous interaction with the world at the hands of someone who doesn't know the game at all.

I reckon they will push one last big media release a couple of months down the line, at a date defined by them so to not be overshadowed by other game news. Perhaps their philosophy is to not thinly spread their main media release, but to do it all in one magnificent push toward the end.

Pretty much this or they barely hype it at all like Metro 2033.

Keir
6th Jul 2010, 19:19
Great to hear! Hmm, now that you mention it, I vaguely recall René sort of promising something about some high res pictoral goodies... *hint hint, nudge nudge*

Noted :thumbsup:

singularity
6th Jul 2010, 19:31
Pretty much this or they barely hype it at all like Metro 2033.
Perhaps -- the game seems to be getting a little bit of hype all on it's own. I looked today and it is THE top rated "game video" on Xbox Live. True, the video isn't even in the top downloads menu, but it is planted at the very top of the list for top rated videos.

Otherwise, I expect, like most releases, we will get a slow trickle of info every couple of months, as gamesites and magazines get previews, hands on time, etc. The game already got it's "Big Reveal" so to speak at E3. They aren't going to have another one for every game conference. DXHR might make appearances at upcoming conferences, but I don't think we will be seeing much more than we already have.

In the end, DXHR was at E3, and will be released (hopefully) before next year's E3 -- thus the best place for info will be online gaming sites at this point (ign.com, gamespy.com, gamespot.com, kataku, etc.) as they will be getting new videos, new screens, and hands-on time with the game in the coming months.

Pretentious Old Man.
6th Jul 2010, 20:08
Don't worry, it won't be long till new community person starts (and he's a top bloke). In the meanwhile I'll see if I can't get a couple of things happening :)

Great to hear! Also, your avatar and signature are difficult to stop looking at. It must be a secret Eidos plot! :nut:

(Nice to see you here, only kidding!)