PDA

View Full Version : Most frustrating things in demo?

QuarantineX
5th Jul 2010, 01:57
1. Accidently pressing the B button while near someone, causing me to be branded a "traitor" and promptly shot mercilessly while saying "it was an accident!"

2. Getting ran over by the escape van. :(

Also, what's up the "yellow cards"? Some guy started shooting me and got one, so I thought if I returned fire and killed him then I wouldn't become a traitor, since he started trying to kill me first. But I was the one who got marked as a traitor, so naturally I was killed by someone else a second after defending myself.

Brackstone17
5th Jul 2010, 02:12
Yellow cards run out. You might have taken too long to kill your attacker.

MxOAgentJohnson
5th Jul 2010, 15:59
Lag

QuarantineX
5th Jul 2010, 16:10
Oh, and can't forget the ol' "hosts quitting" thing. Yeah, that sucks.

MxOAgentJohnson
5th Jul 2010, 17:17
Oh, and can't forget the ol' "hosts quitting" thing. Yeah, that sucks.

You woulda thought they would of removed that, unfortunatly no. also on undercover cop, pressing select you can obviously tell who it is.

GrievousOdyssey
5th Jul 2010, 17:34
also on undercover cop, pressing select you can obviously tell who it is.

What , it actually says who the Undercover Cop is ? ...

ohitspatty
5th Jul 2010, 17:40
What , it actually says who the Undercover Cop is ? ...

It shows a chart where it has listed everyone and who they killed. Look for the guy with a zero under "Police" and you most likely got a rat...or me because sometimes I don't work with the crew and make them do the dirty work :D

GrievousOdyssey
5th Jul 2010, 17:48
There's a constant updating statistic screen in-game ? now that's stupid ... i mean really ...

Maybe it's a nice addition in the other game modes , but listing the number of cops you killed in a Undercover Cop round breaks the point of the gmae ...

Bevacur
5th Jul 2010, 17:50
Thanks for the tip ohitspatty :D

ohitspatty
5th Jul 2010, 18:24
There's a constant updating statistic screen in-game ? now that's stupid ... i mean really ...

Maybe it's a nice addition in the other game modes , but listing the number of cops you killed in a Undercover Cop round breaks the point of the gmae ...

Yeah, but it's too late to fix it don't you think? The game is shipping out in less then two months.

GrievousOdyssey
5th Jul 2010, 18:28
Yeah, but it's too late to fix it don't you think? The game is shipping out in less then two months.

They'll add that as a feature for the DLC then ...

taylornathan2991
5th Jul 2010, 18:43
I think it's just the long time it takes for games to start so it can fill up with people. Althoug it really doesn't bother me to much.

krogh
5th Jul 2010, 19:26

Working on fixing as many issues as possible - and using the demo feedback to improve the game.

MxOAgentJohnson
5th Jul 2010, 19:31
Working on fixing as many issues as possible - and using the demo feedback to improve the game.

Are you by any chance the DEV i was playing with on Cops n Robbers yesterday :)

GrievousOdyssey
5th Jul 2010, 19:35

Yeah , he was the one who shot you dead three times in a row ...

MxOAgentJohnson
5th Jul 2010, 19:36
Yeah , he was the one who shot you dead three times in a row ...

Grievous... what?

krogh
5th Jul 2010, 20:21

Yep. And still owe you feedback on a question ...

Jeff-Ryan
5th Jul 2010, 20:28
I have to say LAG LAG LAG
too many ppl were walking like they were skating. It was hilarious.

Another problem, you become a traitor too easily. For example if you were shooting an enemy AI, and your allie accidentally step into ur line of fire, u got branded as traitor...and everbody kills u.

And FA and UC multiplayer modes are beginning to become a grudge/backstabbing/revenge match

MxOAgentJohnson
5th Jul 2010, 20:49
Yep. And still owe you feedback on a question ...

Yay its you :D had great fun last night, shame it ended up with 2-3 vs 6 :O, not really a fan of cops n robbers cause people leave too early.

Bawabus
5th Jul 2010, 21:05
Does anyone else feel like it might be a good idea to make the players a wee bit weaker? or the cops a bit more numerous? The AI in multiplayer pose almost no threat to you even on your own.

Maybe it's not such a problem in Fragile Alliance, but in Undercover Cop they are no problem what so ever once you've found the cop out. Even without exploiting the scoreboard, it seems like things are slanted heavily against the undercover cop because of how long it takes to kill humans and how useless the AI are. The levels are so short that the undercover cop has to count on people betraying each other if he has any intentions of winning.

I think it could be balanced better.

ohitspatty
5th Jul 2010, 21:14

If that's the case, then please fix up the UC mode so it doesn't show who shot how many Police officers in game. Or perhaps just have a random yet believable number appear for the UC...so it will mess with our heads even more :)

GrievousOdyssey
5th Jul 2010, 21:15
The levels are so short

Awe Crap , that's what i thought when i watched the trailers they put off , they looked as short if not shorter than those from Dead Men , is it true though ? ...

Bawabus
5th Jul 2010, 21:21
Awe Crap , that's what i thought when i watched the trailers they put off , they looked as short if not shorter than those from Dead Men , is it true though ? ...

The one level presented in the demo is about as short as the bank level in the first game where you have to jump over the wall at the end. It's a bit more of a straight shot, but it's no shorter in actual length.

GrievousOdyssey
5th Jul 2010, 21:28
Then again it's all in Four minutes this time , right ? ...

Maybe that was suppose to add up the intensity , but it might fail miserably if everyone can finish the maps in three minutes ...

ohitspatty
5th Jul 2010, 21:32
Actually the level in the Demo makes me think of Hot Coffee... and yes it is short but with four minutes ticking it's not too bad. Especially if you plan on having a nice shoot-out by the van.

Also another cool fact that alone you probably couldn't pull it off in four minutes. Not if other players are coming after you as cops. There is a little less trigger happy gamers at the beginning of the game so it's better.

Bevacur
5th Jul 2010, 22:06
Who was dev008?! I tea-bagged him multiple times! Proudest moment ever.

II J0SePh X II
6th Jul 2010, 06:31
I have to say LAG LAG LAG
too many ppl were walking like they were skating. It was hilarious.

LOL @ "glides like Fred Astaire".

Could be your connection tho, do you have ADSL and copper telephone wires, or fiberoptic cables?

Morphilms
6th Jul 2010, 16:55
What frustrates me is the new levelin system, my style was labelled as Turncoat even though, I killed the most cops, got a average loot and NEVER turned traitor

GrievousOdyssey
6th Jul 2010, 16:57
What frustrates me is the new levelin system, my style was labelled as Turncoat even though, I killed the most cops, got a average loot and NEVER turned traitor

That's because you played the game WRONG , you're suppose to betray everyone and repeatedly shoot at their corpses , since you didn't play it that way , you're basically a 'turncoat' to the rule of the game ...

Morphilms
6th Jul 2010, 16:58
the rule of the game can kiss my Mute dented shovel!

2Rare2Die
7th Jul 2010, 00:08
From all the Gameplay Videos I seen The AI is still slow in the head but not as bad as the first 1 :)