PDA

View Full Version : Is TPS possible?

fchopin
4th Jul 2010, 21:11
Hi, i am new here and would like to know if you can play the game in TPS or is it only in FPS.

From what i read it said FPS but not sure.

super...
4th Jul 2010, 21:18
it uses a mix, shooting is first person. stealth & conversation are third person. if you look hard to can find some game play video that was leaked from e3.

fchopin
4th Jul 2010, 21:24
Thanks for the info.

It's a shame there is no third person view for shooting.

Badmaker
4th Jul 2010, 21:33
Thanks for the info.

Blah, no 3rd person please.

Icky6
4th Jul 2010, 21:50
Are you THE Frederic Chopin???

MaxxQ1
4th Jul 2010, 21:54
Thanks for the info.

This is an attitude that isn't going to go over well here. :whistle:

Fair warning: TP view is not a popular subject around here. Some fans of the original Deus Ex are adamantly opposed to any view other than first person. Others prefer that, if it's going to be in the game, then it be a choice (something like a FP/TP toggle in the options menu), which falls into the ideals of the first game.

Myself, I would *prefer* all FP, but I'm not so uptight about it that I'm going to flame someone for wanting TP. Also, FP/TP switches aren't enough to make me decide to not get the game either. I didn't like what I saw just before IW was released, but I still bought it in the hopes that things wouldn't be as bad as they sounded. I was wrong, so I'm a bit leery of what may happen with DX:HR, but until I hear more details, see more gameplay footage, I'm currently somewhat optimistic. The changes from DX that we've already seen aren't as bad as those made in IW, IMO.

fchopin
4th Jul 2010, 21:55
I am not here to start any problems, just to find out about the game and if it's the game i thought from the trailers.

MaxxQ1
4th Jul 2010, 22:03
I am not here to start any problems, just to find out about the game and if it's the game i thought from the trailers.

That's why I was giving warning. You may not want to start any trouble, but simply by wanting TP, you'll find it here. People on both sides are pretty worked up over it, and it gets... interesting... around here in "discussions" about it. Your best bet would be to check out the FAQ thread here:

http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?t=86841

... as well as maybe reading through the forums a bit before asking questions like that. I'm not saying you shouldn't ask, but just be prepared to get answered in ways you may not expect or want.

fchopin
4th Jul 2010, 22:10
Thanks for the warning.

I will read a few posts before posting again.

atLaNt1s
4th Jul 2010, 23:38
Wtf are talking bout dude? 3rd person view? thats not deus ex at all, dont come here asking for tp view like it was a good thing, goddam.

MaxxQ1
5th Jul 2010, 00:02
Wtf are talking bout dude? 3rd person view? thats not deus ex at all, dont come here asking for tp view like it was a good thing, goddam.

See what I mean?

:D

fchopin
5th Jul 2010, 00:04

Relax or you will need to check your blood pressure.

I am not asking for anything, just trying to find out what options the game has.