PDA

View Full Version : to the devs! :Please montreal dont do this to me!remove 3rd person/non-ingame cinemas

breakdown234
4th Jul 2010, 18:15
dugas mustve been smokin some crazy stuff or sniffin some but WTF,common i was hyped after seing the trailer thought everything was gonna be in fps but then i see all of the sudden 3rd person tks and cover systems,climbing etc.wtf ,please you got to be kidding me do you want me to go into cardiac arrest because of the stuff youve been smokin i mean its sutch a huge potential for a game yet you waste it with 3rd person animations and not even fluent ones at that /oh the horror /,anyways if you developers read this think about it ok and dont make this a waste of time and resources make this an enire fps experience i mean were not in the 80s its not supposed to be mario but with augmentations , if you think its too difficult to make a solid melee combat system and have to supstitute for 3rd person scripted animations and non ingame scenes and floating cameras then dont make the game a game is only as good as the gameplay itself ok nobody wants to constantly be shifting from fps to 3rd person i had a headache after the leaked gameplay and that was only 2o minutes , for example why not use a gameplay system such as a combo between breakdown for xbox and mirror edge for xbox 360 even assault on dark athena is a good example wich only had one 3rd person animation wich was while you was climbing the ladder wich sucked but still not as over the top INSANE as this fted up sht ive seen in the trainwreck of a gameplay system ,ok hope yall understand and read this and change it accordingly or else youll be regretting you havent, seeing it later on thru sales ,just a reminder either you make a fps or 3rd person both is a major waste and just plain retarded,oh and another thing deus ex human revolution isnt devil may cry or resident evil so dont make a 3rd person game out of this and for GODS SAKE REMOVE THE 3rd person crap and floating camera plus them non ingame cutscenes i mean the graphics engine can pull of an entire city in realtime but one flimsy scene between enemy and player has to be cgd i dont think so ,peace out,thats my 2 cents.

once_more
4th Jul 2010, 18:24
http://hostanyimage.com/files/49821129228555639838.jpg

breakdown234
4th Jul 2010, 18:37
whats this bro

once_more
4th Jul 2010, 18:39
helping you get more views. bro.

breakdown234
4th Jul 2010, 18:41
you sure your not just trolling

once_more
4th Jul 2010, 18:42
no, man. check my post history - i contribute.

breakdown234
4th Jul 2010, 18:46
ok you good i hope we can make a ruckus to wake up em devs out of their shroom sleep i mean OHHHH !!THE HORROR !!!! as already said .not good not good headaches are comin back ,calm down calmmm dowwnn, ufff ,ok im good ,oh noes just thought about the gameplay video again its like a never ending circle of headaches thank you devs very much ,hmpf ,anyways to the devs and people am awaiting for replies ok ,rock on an this will be my permanent stay so heres where i reply ok guys keep em replies comin lets rip down that poposterous wall of stupidity theive set in their minds for once and for all !!!!!!do yourselfs a favour DEVS

only because of this catastophy ive registered on this official forum so you better bead readin my topic you hear me devs ,please

another update to this reply
and its most unbelievabel that nobody on this forum has acually felt the despair as have i common whats up with you people do you not realize that this epic game is gonna be an epic fail if they continue on the road of fd up gameplay as it currently stands ,reply booths are open please throw in your replies now ,thanks ,yeah i put some silliness into this most critical topic to lighten it up a bit ,peace out once again

Tecman
4th Jul 2010, 19:06
This thread is cute. :)

breakdown234
4th Jul 2010, 19:08
how ya mean cute tecman

breakdown234
4th Jul 2010, 19:09
i reply to yall posts ok i have changin shifts so im not always at the laptop gotta work too anyways as soon as i get back from work ill be sure to reply to yall ok peace

once_more
4th Jul 2010, 19:10
he be trollin'

Philologus
4th Jul 2010, 19:11
Can anyone say:

"two sock puppets with one puppeteer"

Hmm? Can you?

Bro? Bro? Anyone?

Bro?

Bro?

..Bro?

breakdown234
4th Jul 2010, 19:11
what you mean once more

Philologus
4th Jul 2010, 19:12
what you mean once more

Gambit? Is that you?

Shralla
4th Jul 2010, 19:13
No, they are not going to remove a core and central aspect of gameplay this late in development. No, you did not need to make another thread about this.

Yes, I hate you all.

breakdown234
4th Jul 2010, 19:13
is anybody accusing me of trolling i just hope this was my misunderstanding ,if not then im pissed

once_more
4th Jul 2010, 19:14
Can anyone say:

"two sock puppets with one puppeteer"

Hmm? Can you?

Bro? Bro? Anyone?

Bro?

Bro?

..Bro?

as hard as it may be to believe, this is not a perfectly choreographed show for your amusement

breakdown234
4th Jul 2010, 19:15
love your humour shralla but lets not give up hopes or else well have to leave it to the modders wich i hope will not have to be neccesary understand

Philologus
4th Jul 2010, 19:18
as hard as it may be to believe, this is not a perfectly choreographed show for your amusement

Be that as it may, I thank you. Your first response in this thread was quite amusing, and your subsequent posts were spot-on for keeping the show alive.

once_more
4th Jul 2010, 19:18
love your humour shralla but lets not give up hopes or else well have to leave it to the modders wich i hope will not have to be neccesary understand
lol, modders. you really think they will release a sdk for the community?

breakdown234
4th Jul 2010, 19:19
ill be back gotta go to work keep them replies comin dont let deus ex human revolution become an epic fail ok guys lets stick together on this one and read the entire thread not just a part ok ,rock on,and ill be backxD

breakdown234
4th Jul 2010, 19:21
a quick last reply yes i think they will if they want as many people as possible to buy the game the crysis devs did it too and for crysis 2 they even have it on launch day not to speak the sdk is gonna be on all platforms they said pertaining now to crysis 2 just to show you how it can be done

Philologus
4th Jul 2010, 19:21
ill be back gotta go to work keep them replies comin dont let deus ex human revolution become an epic fail ok guys lets stick together on this one and read the entire thread not just a part ok ,rock on,and ill be backxD

This guy has got to be a puppet.

Either that, or Brett Michaels is a fan of Deus Ex.

hem dazon 90
4th Jul 2010, 20:14
http://forums.xgenstudios.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=2134&stc=1&d=1234057882

Pretentious Old Man.
4th Jul 2010, 20:53
"What's this thread's fail count?"

"It's OVER 9000!"

"What, 9000?!?!"

super...
4th Jul 2010, 21:07

"It's OVER 9000!"

"What, 9000?!?!"

dont be troolign

breakdown234 and once-more be strait doping truth talkers, like that free willy cartoon yall.

Kruxs
4th Jul 2010, 22:48
dont be troolign

breakdown234 and once-more be strait doping truth talkers, like that free willy cartoon yall.

Word.

Tverdyj
5th Jul 2010, 00:17
seriously?

this is turning into a farce.

breakdown234
5th Jul 2010, 06:56
im back stop the jokes guys lets keep this thread serious ,thou i gotta admit i love your contributions some of em make me laugh ,hehXD,keep em posts comin,peace yall

Angel-A
5th Jul 2010, 07:04
I, for one, liked the third person cinnies.

breakdown234
5th Jul 2010, 07:14
you gotta be kidding me angel-a have you ever thougth about actually playing with this 3rd person madness i mean have you ever laid hands on breakdown for xbox or mirrors edge or even dark athena then youd know why im so pissed if not check it up on youtube do yourself the favour or i guess its better not to know or else youll end up like me with headaches cause of devs epic mistakes literally EPIC ,anyways im here to stay guys im off today so ill see what you guys have to say keep the topic goin,peace yall

Kodaemon
5th Jul 2010, 07:20
The op's crazy mega-rant is funny, but I agree with the general sentiments.

Angel-A
5th Jul 2010, 07:23
Have you seen the leaked gameplay? It looked pretty awesome. And it's not automated 3rd person the whole way, only certain times, game's set to build up to it. The only 3P thing that's objectionable are the 3rd person convos where you're not actually in the conversation.

Kodaemon
5th Jul 2010, 07:32
Are you fo' rizzle?... I physically cringed each time the camera shifted perspective for cover, a takedown or a frickin' ladder. It's just dizzying and completely unnecessary. Even third person all the way would be preferable to that.

IOOI
5th Jul 2010, 08:02
@ OP

For the most part I agree with you but, believe me, this game will sell (unless EM has a crappy marketing department or the game turns out to be really generic/formulaic).

Angel-A
5th Jul 2010, 08:03
Are you fo' rizzle?... I physically cringed each time the camera shifted perspective for cover, a takedown or a frickin' ladder. It's just dizzying and completely unnecessary. Even third person all the way would be preferable to that.

I am quite serious. It looked awesome.

Sabretooth1
5th Jul 2010, 08:26
Cool stories, bros.

super...
5th Jul 2010, 08:51
i love how were all bros and were all gamers, i guess that makes us xbros gamers ite!

JackShandy
5th Jul 2010, 09:33
I agree with Angela. It looked seriously slick to me.

Of course, if you're set against the idea of third-person switching from the beginning, you're not going to like it- but the way they did it looked amazing.

Pinky_Powers
5th Jul 2010, 11:35
I physically cringed each time the camera shifted perspective

That's because you are predisposed against it.

That would be like someone saying "I physically cringed every time Gollum appeared in The Lord of the Rings." Implying that the weird little creature was done so poorly it hurt him to watch. But in truth, that person hates all CG characters.

Ashpolt
5th Jul 2010, 12:22
Come on, he's no more predisposed against it than the people who like it are predisposed towards it because they liked it in Rainbow Six: Vegas etc. You know you're clutching at straws when your argument basically boils down to "you don't like it because you don't like it."

Pinky_Powers
5th Jul 2010, 14:12
Come on, he's no more predisposed against it than the people who like it are predisposed towards it because they liked it in Rainbow Six: Vegas etc.

You don't know me at all, mate. I never even finished Vegas, and I never played the sequel. And Deus Ex is my favorite game of all time. But there are things like the cover system and potentially the new Social Combat that are an improvement. Not because I liked it in other things, but as an objective analysis.

Because I played Vegas, I know the system would actually work quite well for a Deus Ex game. If they said they were implementing a Gears of War type system, or Mass Effect, I would worry greatly. And I love Mass Effect. But objectively, I can't see that sort of thing flowing as well for DX.

You know you're clutching at straws when your argument basically boils down to "you don't like it because you don't like it."

Once again, when you take things out of context...

Kodaemon's objection to Angle-A's opinions boils down to "are you kidding me? How can you like something that I don't like?!"

My own point could be brought down to "your argument is ridiculous."

Context, Ash. It all comes down to context.

Ashpolt
5th Jul 2010, 14:35
This time, I wasn't taking it out of context, intentionally or otherwise.

You can't claim to be any more "objective" than Kodaemon with regards to this. Everyone's coming at this with some kind of predisposition for or against any aspect of the gameplay you might want to mention. It doesn't have to be just because you've played it in a game before (hence the "etc" on my last post) but your gaming history will, to some extent, dictate how you react to this, whichever side you're on. Just because you're positive, doesn't mean you're any more open-minded or less biased than anybody else.

As for the cover system itself: I fail to see any difference between the systems used in Rainbow Six: Vegas, Gears of War and Mass Effect (or Brothers in Arms: Hell's Highway, etc) except that some of them start in third person, some just transition to it. Other than that, they're identical. Whether they're good or not is entirely subjective (I've enjoyed all of those games to some degree) but whether they're "Deus Ex" or not is less so - but that's an argument that's been had many times, so let's not repeat it.

Normally I respect your posts on here Pinky, but if you're claiming to be making an objective analysis while claiming that your opponents' views are solely based on presuppositions, that I can't respect.

breakdown234
5th Jul 2010, 14:38
im back guys nice comments keep em rollin, i respekt angel-a s opinion no doubt but im not sure he sees where my reasoning is coming from its about gameplay ok ,but first of all as i already stated i watched both leaked gameplay videos ok and yes it would be an epicly perfect game if it wasnt for the fed up cover system in 3rd person or the non ingame cutscenes or the floating cam or the 3rd person scripted takedown animations for example,you run up to the wall then it takes about 2 secs to even have the takedown scene triggered ,sheees talk about taking away immersion and then finally bashing thru the wall and breaking the dudes neck and then shifting back to fps cam now WTF .. common you gotta be kiddin me angel-a and any body else that thinks this kind of gameplay is even worth a dime im not saying deus ex 3 is an entire fail dont get me wrong id still play it but of course if they dont change it id have to get modders to make a 100% fps mod wich should not be neccesary if em devs would just simply get rid or atleast implement a on/off switch for 3rd person and the non ingame cutscenes ya digg,good.peace yall keep the rantin goin.oh and guys lets not be hostile here ok lets all be adults and not piss at eachother ok,word

Blade_hunter
5th Jul 2010, 15:24
Well I was and I am against the TP cover and their takedowns which aren't stealth kills, we even don't need to aim a specific part of the bodies to perform them or nothing like that.
I don't need to explain the same things I explained before again and over again. but to me that's the best mean to ruin the gameplay, breaking the immersion, and actually even gameplay elements are replaced by cinematic takedowns.

AaronJ
5th Jul 2010, 15:50
This thread is bad.

breakdown234
5th Jul 2010, 16:01
what you mean aaronj i hope it aint what i think you mean,hmmm

Kodaemon
5th Jul 2010, 17:29
Pinky, note that I gave a specific reason as to why I don't like the perspective shifts: they're dizzying. I don't cringe because I just inherently don't like it.

Every once in a while you just get switched into a different perspective for a few seconds, with a different angle and all. And it doesn't even seem Adam goes back to the position he started from, meaning you start with a first-person perspective, get switched into tpp , then again into fpp with a pov that changed from the starting one.

My spatial awareness in games isn't that good (ligtly said, in DX I have to look at the compass every few seconds to know where i'm going >_<), so this could really make the game very disorienting for me.

Sure, it's a personal reason, just like some people even here would prefer the game to be fully tpp since fpp causes motion sickness with them. BUT: the DX series was fpp from the start. I generally prefer first person for various reasons, spatial awareness and sense of direction included, but I don't visit the Mass Effect boards to demand it, right?

breakdown234
5th Jul 2010, 18:18
we dont need no gears of war ripoff nor is such a genre fitting as an 3rd person game ok ,my 2 cents keep em posts comin

pringlepower
5th Jul 2010, 19:13
we dont need no gears of war ripoff nor is such a genre fitting as an 3rd person game ok ,my 2 cents keep em posts comin

If third person makes it a Gears of War ripoff then I officially call Deus Ex a Myst ripoff.

Romeo
5th Jul 2010, 21:23

"It's OVER 9000!"

"What, 9000?!?!"
LOL!!!!!! Me and my buddies always use that quote in the shop ("New Ford Mustang?" "Yeah man, it's power level's over 9000!).

Anyways, not to be a jerk, but there's a thread pertaining to third-person already, please continue the discussion there (Whatever your opinion is, it's welcome).

Bro, LOCKDOWN.