PDA

View Full Version : Signed up just to say

SoDeusExDies
4th Jul 2010, 10:34
This game is not Deus Ex. Press the A button to be awesome. It violates the very premise of Deus Ex. Simulation and Role Playing, Immersion and Challenge. Replaced by dumbed down instant gratification .... I see so many ripped off and mashed up game mechanics from "last years best game ever" and regenerating health...

How could you take the Deus Ex IP and and tack it on to this Halo/GearsOfWar/MassEffect/ArmyOfTwo clone? I shouldnt be surprised, Its all about making money. The golden age of games like the real deus ex, thief, system shock 2, and games being challenging and immersive are gone for good guys. First person is dead. All the leet kids want to see thier virtual toy do flashy crap.

While this game may be succesful in the short term, maybe even get game of the year at e3 or whatever (what a joke award) it will not have any lasting sucess and will end the Deus Ex franchise. It doesnt retain the feel, immersion or challenge that made Deus Ex into an icon. Ill keep my limb damage (consequences for bad decisions) first person (immersion and the challenge of real steath, not cinematic stealth) and non regenerating health ( excitement and challenge of planning my takedowns and knowing not to screw up).

My advice for this game? Change the name, just because you name drop UNATCO etc...
This game is not Deus Ex, I will not buy it. Maybe Warren will indeed make a "spirtual succesor" to Deus Ex. I hope.

On a side not, the past few years have seen quite a few old and well loved franchises dregged up and raped for a quick buck.

ThePrecursor
4th Jul 2010, 10:47
Up up and away Skippy, we already have enough people on this board stating the same. Saying that you signed up just to say this makes you look even more like a fool.

You don't even have the right to dismiss this game as you haven't played it, which is the whole point with games. You also seem to imply EM is raping the DX franchise... very subtle.

Cylon
4th Jul 2010, 11:02
I do agree with most that you say, but there are signs that makes me hopeful. Read through the interviews, for example there is more than one way to solve a mission, the cities are exploreable and large.
Yea its not gonna be as good as dx1 but close. I hope so atleast.

Yea the industry has been only interested in making easily sold crap these last 5 years, but hopefully this might be the first good game in a long time.

Ashbery76
4th Jul 2010, 11:15
Choice and consequences.Cyberpunk setting.Multi branching missions.This is what DX was and this game according to previews has the same.I think the graphics design and action from the leaked video is miles ahead of DX1.

Mindmute
4th Jul 2010, 11:16
Up up and away Skippy, we already have enough people on this board stating the same. Saying that you signed up just to say this makes you look even more like a fool.

But all the people making "thank you" posts are ok? Way to double-standard there.

Choice and consequences.Cyberpunk setting.Multi branching missions.This is what DX was and this game according to previews has the same.I think the graphics design and action from the leaked video is miles ahead of DX1.

Nearly totally agree; the only part I don't fully agree is that the design is miles ahead of Deus Ex. Don't get me wrong, I'm positive about DX:HR, I just think that with the current available technologies the game design is lacking when compared to what it could be. I also can't understand why some things are optional rather than mandatory since this was "game being made for the fans of the series" (very old quote).

The gameplay leak video also made me think it might be a bit too action-oriented, but I'll wait and see how it feels on my hands rather than on someone else's.

beastrn
4th Jul 2010, 11:41
Good post OP - obviously an intelligent and experienced gamer.

I'm just so used to my favorite series' being dumbed down and served to the mainstream that DX3 has barely dented me. System Shock, Final Fantasy, Splinter Cell, Deus Ex, Deus Ex AGAIN, Dragon Age, Mass Effect, Red Faction - I mean you can basically point at any modern game, go back a few years and find the original - which is always better.

Games are dead.

Unless you believe all the people that suggest 1 good game a year (Demon's Souls) means that intellectual and meaningful games are well and truly alive. Or if you believe that indie devs represent the industry.

ThePrecursor
4th Jul 2010, 12:29
But all the people making "thank you" posts are ok? Way to double-standard there.

I never said that. Those posts are kind of creepy actually, there are other ways to show your gratification towards a game developer than kissing their asses.

Good post OP - obviously an intelligent and experienced gamer.

Obviously someone's opinionated ranting again.

beastrn
4th Jul 2010, 12:38
That's really all you could come up with? You actually thought to reply to me with that piece of rubbish?

No wonder you dopes are happy with flashy colors and one-button kill moves with 10 second animations and slo-mo. Oh no, someone has an opinion! Quick pull him down because he's making me jealous!

Philljc
4th Jul 2010, 12:48
Hey there OP. Have you ever heard that saying about starting an argument with stupid people, and they drag you down to their level and beat you with experience? Well these forums are basically where most of them congregate. You did yourself no favours posting here, dumb gaming is here to stay and they'll let you know it (or demonstrate it with their non-existent arguments, terrible grammar and nil experience with games when they were great ie: being part of the Halo generation).

It's no secret all our old classic games have been raped then forgotten. DE1 is still regarded as the best PC game of all time, what happened to the second? The same that will happen to DE3, the same that happened to Operation Flashpoint 2, the same that happened to basically every dumbed down piece of console trash made for 5 year olds. Then they can pump out more sequels, DLC and what not. Yet everyone convinces themselves the devs do it for the games and not for the cash cow they are creating.

Press A button to be awesome, I like that though.

ThePrecursor
4th Jul 2010, 13:08
Oh no, someone has an opinion! Quick pull him down because he's making me jealous!

There's a difference between opinion and blatant ranting.

Opinion: "I do not like what I see from this game" or something similar.

Rant: "This game is absolute s h i t" or a euphemism for it.

People that rant tend to continue to attack every possible aspect of the game they don't like, until they feel they get their right. In a lot of instances they even tell people who actually like the game in question that they are dumb, subsequently dismissing any arguments against them. All that even before the game is even out.

deus ex
4th Jul 2010, 13:10
this is the most unpleasant forum i have ever come across.
there are many many unpleasant people in this forum.
if you hate the way the gaming industry has gone heres an idea dont be part of it anymore.
i would rather unpleasant ass holes like yourselves were not part of the gaming community.

Sabretooth1
4th Jul 2010, 13:31
This game is not Deus Ex. Press the A button to be awesome. It violates the very premise of Deus Ex. Simulation and Role Playing, Immersion and Challenge. Replaced by dumbed down instant gratification .... I see so many ripped off and mashed up game mechanics from "last years best game ever" and regenerating health...

How could you take the Deus Ex IP and and tack it on to this Halo/GearsOfWar/MassEffect/ArmyOfTwo clone? I shouldnt be surprised, Its all about making money. The golden age of games like the real deus ex, thief, system shock 2, and games being challenging and immersive are gone for good guys. First person is dead. All the leet kids want to see thier virtual toy do flashy crap.

While this game may be succesful in the short term, maybe even get game of the year at e3 or whatever (what a joke award) it will not have any lasting sucess and will end the Deus Ex franchise. It doesnt retain the feel, immersion or challenge that made Deus Ex into an icon. Ill keep my limb damage (consequences for bad decisions) first person (immersion and the challenge of real steath, not cinematic stealth) and non regenerating health ( excitement and challenge of planning my takedowns and knowing not to screw up).

My advice for this game? Change the name, just because you name drop UNATCO etc...
This game is not Deus Ex, I will not buy it. Maybe Warren will indeed make a "spirtual succesor" to Deus Ex. I hope.

On a side not, the past few years have seen quite a few old and well loved franchises dregged up and raped for a quick buck.

$100 says he never saw the gameplay leak.
+ $50 says he's never going to post here again.

Philljc
4th Jul 2010, 13:34
There's a difference between opinion and blatant ranting.

Uh, no there isn't. An opinion is an opinion no matter how it is portrayed. Either way, like in every single thread in existence on this forum, you have gone off topic because you have no rebuttal to the argument at hand.

And the game will be absolute sh it. I don't need a controller in my hand when the same thing as in that video will be displayed. Naive fool.

deus ex
$100 says he never saw the gameplay leak.
+ $50 says he's never going to post here again.

he is just a bitter old man, like many posters here.

Philologus

Fantastic post.

I'm not sure the generation to which you belong, SoDeusExDies, but the sentiment that games have become "dumbed-down" for the masses, is evident to those of us are older. I don't want to go into a diatribe, but three old-new comparisons which sum it up for me (and either make sense to others, or don't, based on their gaming experience):

Ultima 7 to Neverwinter Nights (good gods, the difference in game design quality between these two is a galaxy apart)

Daggerfall to Morrowind and Oblivion (Daggerfall was for people who enjoyed depth. Morrowind took some away, with the spellcasting, and Oblivion just &^%$ed everything, and catered to the idiot crowd)

Azel to FF XIII (FF XIII is a great movie.. err.. game. Azel is a piece of art)

On the other hand, I don't necessarily blame the ignorant ones that frequent this forum. How could they know any better? They were raised in a gaming age that worships catering to the average person, and let's face it, the average person "ain't too brite". The average person wants to "get er dun!", with fast paced, shallow action, with little regard for an immersive environment and story.

Philologus
4th Jul 2010, 13:42
he is just a bitter old man, like many posters here.

Excellent rebuttal. You are like.. soooo.. SMART!

Philljc
4th Jul 2010, 13:47
Excellent rebuttal. You are like.. soooo.. SMART!

You forgot to give him his achievement for reading the post... then replying... then hitting the submit button... then blinking...

If you don't constantly boost their egos their attention span runs out. Oh, and pretty colours + explosions help as well.

deus ex
4th Jul 2010, 13:50
its still the truth
all you people on here are just old bitter twisted men.
heres an idea if you dont like how the game is being developed why dont you become a developer and develop a game you will like instead of b i t c h i n g about how other people do their jobs.
bitter old men.
alot of your comments make me think you lot are like the guy from the 40 yr old virgin.

Philologus
4th Jul 2010, 13:53
You forgot to give him his achievement for reading the post... then replying... then hitting the submit button... then blinking...

If you don't constantly boost their egos their attention span runs out. Oh, and pretty colours + explosions help as well.

Lol!

Well then, the 4th of July fireworks would keep him/her in a trance-like state for the duration.

Of course, I'll bet that a shiny spoon would do the job equally well, and would be less work.

Hey mods, would one of you please put an animation of a shiny rotating spoon, on the front page? Superimpose it on one for Halo 3, and surely, the quality of posts on this board will increase over time.

deus ex
4th Jul 2010, 13:57
Lol!

Well then, the 4th of July fireworks would keep him/her in a trance-like state for the duration.

Of course, I'll bet that a shiny spoon would do the job equally well, and would be less work.

Hey mods, would one of you please put an animation of a shiny rotating spoon, on the front page? Superimpose it on one for Halo 3, and surely, the quality of posts on this board will increase over time.

hey will you die please??
hopefully you will get cancer and then be immobile so when deus ex 3 comes out everyone is playing it as it will be a great game and you can only lay in bed drooling like a cripple and cant even pick up a controller (or more likely your heaven sent mouse and keyboard)
and then you slowly painfully die and i will be very happy that you are dieing painfully.

Philljc
4th Jul 2010, 13:57
its still the truth
heres an idea if you dont like how the game is being developed why dont you become a developer and develop a game you will like instead of b i t c h i n g about how other people do their jobs.
bitter old men.
alot of your comments make me think you lot are like the guy from the 40 yr old virgin.

lern 2 spel n use gramar itl be awsum 4 all of us

It's funny how wanting a game to be like the first but updated + more innovative makes me a bitter old twisted man. That logic is just flawless. I suppose if you like the way it's going you're a young strong good looking rich guy?

I'll tell you what, if you give me the funds to start a game development company I'll gladly get out of your hair, till then, appearing coherent should be your #1 priority.

you can only lay in bed drooling like a cripple and cant even pick up a controller

You just basically described every Halo generation member in a single sentence, except they can occasionally pick up the controller to hit X a few times. Well done.

deus ex
4th Jul 2010, 14:01
lern 2 spel n use gramar itl be awsum 4 all of us

It's funny how wanting a game to be like the first but updated + more innovative makes me a bitter old twisted man. That logic is just flawless. I suppose if you like the way it's going you're a young strong good looking rich guy?

I'll tell you what, if you give me the funds to start a game development company I'll gladly get out of your hair, till then, appearing coherent should be your #1 priority.

You just basically described every Halo generation member in a single sentence, except they can occasionally pick up the controller to hit X a few times. Well done.

1. tell me what i have spelt wrong??
2. yes as a matter fact i am quite wealthy and own a few properties, it is not my fault if you are poverty ridden.
3. for your information i have never played halo.
4. please die :)

Tverdyj
4th Jul 2010, 14:04
its still the truth
bitter old men.

Seriously?
you're getting worked up over something you've read on the INTERNET?

dude, there are these things called "opinions". You have them, I have them, everyone else has them. But here's the kicker: they tend to be different. and, you know, all those bots you kill in CoD, Gears, Halo/etc, they basically represent the idea that someone's opinions are more valid than others, and you kind of contradict them by pushing whichever button you shoot with on the consoles.

As such, you affirm the principle that every opinion has a right to exist. If you don't like the bitternes, why don't you start you own forum (or better yet--a myspace/facebook group about how great DXHR is. then you could gather a group of people who will all consider HR to be the bestest thing evar since MW2, and anyone saying that it mahy not be the greatest will be considered a troll. Think about that.

for the record, not speaking for everyone here, but i'm 22. I miss intelligent game design just as much as POM. I also have doubts about some things in HR. does that really make me bitter?

Pretentious Old Man.
4th Jul 2010, 14:06
2. yes as a matter fact i am quite wealthy and own a few properties, it is not my fault if you are poverty ridden.

no u.

Philologus
4th Jul 2010, 14:08

LOL! deus ex, you are pure gold for entertainment! Seriously, continue to amuse us with your ramblings!

Remember deus ex, you HAVE DA POWA!

deus ex
4th Jul 2010, 14:10
LOL! deus ex, you are pure gold for entertainment! Seriously, continue to amuse us with your ramblings!

Remember deus ex, you HAVE DA POWA!

not necessarily the power but i am sure i probably have more money then you, i am actually quite wealthy.
that means i am more of a man then you.

Philologus
4th Jul 2010, 14:13
not necessarily the power but i am sure i probably have more money then you, i am actually quite wealthy.
that means i am more of a man then you.

:lmao:

This is great!

What else do you have, deus ex? Boats? Cars? Houses on the beach? Ho's in different area codes?

Philljc
4th Jul 2010, 14:17
*it's, *dying, your grammar on a few words (more than once) is ridiculous. Pretty sure I cannot find a single capitol for the start of a sentence, yet you use periods to end them, you create single line paragraphs and it's blindingly obvious that you are probably 12 or so, or at least possess the mentality of a 12 year old. But hey you like point form so here goes:

1. There's your fu cking list ^^^^
2. That's nice, I asked for money not your life story. If I'm poverty ridden it's certainly not because I can construct a half decent sentence structure.
3. Try it, you'll love it. GOTY in fact.
4. I probably will when I see how bad this polished turd is.

Again, as I said, it's turned into a pissing match because nobody has anything meaningful to say. Least of all you.

deus ex
4th Jul 2010, 14:18
:lmao:

This is great!

What else do you have, deus ex? Boats? Cars? Houses on the beach? Ho's in different area codes?

not to boast, but i most probably have alot more then you.
tell me as a bitter old man like many old men here, have you ever got your c o c k wet in a p u s s y?
40yr old virgins in the flesh in this forum.
if they make a sequel to that film you can all go for the main role.

Kvltism
4th Jul 2010, 14:20
...all you people on here are just old bitter twisted men.
...alot of your comments make me think you lot are like the guy from the 40 yr old virgin.

hopefully you will get cancer and then be immobile so when deus ex 3 comes out everyone is playing it as it will be a great game and you can only lay in bed drooling like a cripple and cant even pick up a controller (or more likely your heaven sent mouse and keyboard)
and then you slowly painfully die and i will be very happy that you are dieing painfully.

...please die :)

Fun fact: personal attacks and childish antics (read: telling people who disagree with your opinion to die, get cancer, etc) are not going to win you an argument. But they will make you come across like a git.

If you're going to offer an opinion on HR and the state of gaming, wouldn't it be better to debate the issues on their merits?

deus ex
4th Jul 2010, 14:21
*it's, *dying, your grammar on a few words (more than once) is ridiculous. Pretty sure I cannot find a single capitol for the start of a sentence, yet you use periods to end them, you create single line paragraphs and it's blindingly obvious that you are probably 12 or so, or at least possess the mentality of a 12 year old. But hey you like point form so here goes:

2. That's nice, I asked for money not your life story. If I'm poverty ridden it's certainly not because I can construct a half decent sentence structure.

Again, as I said, it's turned into a pissing match because nobody has anything meaningful to say. Least of all you.

i said spelling mistakes not grammar mistakes.
as you can tell i couldnt give a **** about grammar but no you are correct its probably ''coz, i dnt evan. no,.;'., how to use grammar./;'[] or hw to spell GET ME!!''
i hope you do die.
it will make me happy.

MechBFP
4th Jul 2010, 14:30
Where is that Obvious Troll is Obvious picture when you need it?

Philologus
4th Jul 2010, 14:31

Philljc, you should have put still frames from a Hannah Montana, or Justin Bieber show in between each point, because I am not sure that he/she/it has the ability to focus on two points in a row, much less four, no matter how brief.

This is a kid (or educationally and emotionally stunted adult) who has issues, and likely doesn't understand what made Deus Ex special, and so critical conversation with this person cannot be a "two-way street."

I shouldn't have egged "deus ex" on, although the responses are funny, because it's not even a fair fight, (nor is the result on-topic).

Mindmute
4th Jul 2010, 14:32
tell me as a bitter old man like many old men here, have you ever got your c o c k wet in a p u s s y?

Apparently we're the unpleasant ones, even though he's the one acting like a pre-teen spoiled brat and insulting/baiting people left and center.
I actually started thinking you were just a troll account, but you've managed to convinced me you're just an average brat.

Congrats, because after a few years of me being on these forums, you're the only one to make it to my ignore list. :thumb:

deus ex
4th Jul 2010, 14:37
Apparently we're the unpleasant ones, even though he's the one acting like a pre-teen spoiled brat and insulting/baiting people left and center.
I actually started thinking you were just a troll account, but you've managed to convinced me you're just an average brat.

Congrats, becase after a few years of me being on these forums, you're the only one to make it to my ignore list. :thumb:
I suck. Terribly, I'm afraid.

beastrn
4th Jul 2010, 14:42
Where is that Obvious Troll is Obvious picture when you need it?

Problem is - he's not a troll. He's just a bit dumber than the rest of the people around here arguing the exact same things as him.

deus ex
4th Jul 2010, 14:46
Problem is - he's not a troll. He's just a bit dumber than the rest of the people around here arguing the exact same things as him.

ever had sex bitter old man virgin??

Tverdyj
4th Jul 2010, 14:55

personal attacks--when all else fails....

Pretentious Old Man.
4th Jul 2010, 14:57

That's his way of saying "I am a troll, you idiot, and I WANT TO BE NOTICED", Beastrn.

WildcatPhoenix
4th Jul 2010, 14:58
The fact that Deus Ex appealed to people older than 18 should be viewed as a good thing, in my opinion. Yeah, okay, maybe 20+ year olds don't represent the bulk of the video game buying population these days, but that's not to say that every game should be marketed for teenagers.

Personally I was 16 when Deus Ex came out. Ten years or so later I'm still as much in love with the story, game design, music, and all-around quality of my favorite game of all time. If that makes me a "bitter old man" (seriously, if the current gaming generation considers 26 to be "old," we are in for some grim times ahead) then so be it.

deus ex
4th Jul 2010, 15:02
The fact that Deus Ex appealed to people older than 18 should be viewed as a good thing, in my opinion. Yeah, okay, maybe 20+ year olds don't represent the bulk of the video game buying population these days, but that's not to say that every game should be marketed for teenagers.

Personally I was 16 when Deus Ex came out. Ten years or so later I'm still as much in love with the story, game design, music, and all-around quality of my favorite game of all time. If that makes me a "bitter old man" (seriously, if the current gaming generation considers 26 to be "old," we are in for some grim times ahead) then so be it.

im 25 dumbass
all i have read on these forums is people moaning.
not constructively criticizing, just blatant complaining.
old idiots that have never been laid.

Pretentious Old Man.
4th Jul 2010, 15:04
im 25 dumbass

A troll, complaining about a lack of constructive criticism?

You may have just broken the internet.

Tverdyj
4th Jul 2010, 15:05
im 25 dumbass

then you haven't read enough.

there's been plenty of constructive criticism and suggestions on BOTH of the "painful" topics wrt to DXHR--health regen and 3rd person cover system. both have been treaded and re-treaded and re-re-treaded hundreds of times. lack of any input from EM, however, makes sure that these debates go around in circle without any definite conclusions.

3rdmillhouse
4th Jul 2010, 15:07

Looky looky, we got ourselves a keyboard warrior here, gentlemen.

TrickyVein
Keep going! You're almost there!

deus ex
A troll, complaining about a lack of constructive criticism?

You may have just broken the internet.

nope i am saying that old idiots like yourself are just endlessly complaining.
heres an idea
DONT BUY DEUS EX 3
and carry on playing deus ex 1
while playing with your ass hole with your fingers and sniffing them saying ''NOTHING BEATS THE REAL DEUS EX''
*sniff sniff*

ThePrecursor
4th Jul 2010, 15:09
Uh, no there isn't. An opinion is an opinion no matter how it is portrayed.
Let me rephrase, there's a difference between a civilized valid opinion and blatant ranting.

And the game will be absolute sh it. I don't need a controller in my hand when the same thing as in that video will be displayed. Naive fool.

It's posts like these that really make you look mature and special.

And deus ex, please stop posting on these forums for your own sake.

Mindmute
4th Jul 2010, 15:20
Let me rephrase, there's a difference between a civilised valid opinion and blatant ranting.

There has been civilised discussion, there's even a thread dedicated to solely that, it's just a matter of sifting through the garbage from either side of the arguement to get to the people that aren't on either side of the extreme and usually present good arguements.

Speaking for myself, I'm ambivalent towards the whole 3rd person and health regen nonsense, but just think the takedowns could be handled in a different way. That's a sensible opinion, isn't it?

And deus ex, please stop posting on these forums for your own sake.

He does more to hurt the side of those who are positive about the game than to help it doesn't it?

deus ex
4th Jul 2010, 15:22
There has been civilised discussion, there's even a thread dedicated to solely that, it's just a matter of sifting through the garbage from either side of the arguement to get to the people that aren't on either side of the extreme and usually present good arguements.

Speaking for myself, I'm ambivalent towards the whole 3rd person and health regen nonsense, but just think the takedowns could be handled in a different way. That's a sensible opinion, isn't it?

He does more to hurt the side of those who are positive about the game than to help it doesn't it?

portugese kiddie snatcher paedophile.

Ilves
4th Jul 2010, 15:23

There's a delicious irony to it. :D

xsamitt
4th Jul 2010, 15:28
This thread is utterly useless.Can we get a Mod to get rid of this entire thread?Or at least put a lock this nonsense.Please and Thank you.

TrickyVein
4th Jul 2010, 15:29
Portuguese? That's pushing it. We don't call each other that on these here forums.

Almost there, just a little bit more...we believe in you! You can DO IT!!!

^^Agreed. But it's so much fun!

Mindmute
4th Jul 2010, 15:30
Portuguese? That's pushing it. We don't call each other that on these here forums

I'll assume that was some comment he made about me...
Damn it, you see this is why I dislike ignore-lists, now I'm unbothered by him, but all curious because of you! :rolleyes:

Bluey71
4th Jul 2010, 15:32
Jeez.

I think the mods are going to be busy with a mini clean up campaign in this thread...

Mindmute
4th Jul 2010, 15:33
Jeez.

I think the mods are going to be busy with a mini clean up campaign in this thread...

Might aswell just totally axe it. It never had a real purpose and the OP himself never posted again here.

TrickyVein
4th Jul 2010, 15:35
I am being completely and utterly sarcastic to allay all of your suspicions. :)

deus ex
4th Jul 2010, 15:35
Might aswell just totally axe it. It never had a real purpose and the OP himself never posted again here.

thats because the op was a bitter old man like you lot saying deus ex 3 is s h i t boo hooo boo hooooo
go play with your ass hole with your fingers and then sniff them like the f a g you are.
*sniff sniff*

Mindmute
4th Jul 2010, 15:37
I am being completely and utterly sarcastic to allay all of your suspicions. :)

No worries, I got that, we're good ;)

jjc
4th Jul 2010, 15:47

Excuse me. I made one of those "thank you" threads. But I did so to express my excitement at having an opportunity to play a new DX game. I did not pass judgment on the game or claim to have clairvoyance enough to see how the final product turns out. Whether or not the game will fulfill or disappoint remains to be seen.

I fail to see how me expressing this affects you in the least.

Mindmute
4th Jul 2010, 15:54
Excuse me. I made one of those "thank you" threads. But I did so to express my excitement at having an opportunity to play a new DX game. I did not pass judgment on the game or claim to have clairvoyance enough to see how the final product turns out. Whether or not the game will fulfill or disappoint remains to be seen.

I fail to see how me expressing this affects you in the least.

It doesn't and I've kept well out of those threads out of respect for people's opinions.

I didn't mean anything in particular about the people making thank you threads, I was just commenting that the people saying "way to go" and the people saying "I don't like this" are in the same boat. They're both just making educated guesses what they've seen so far, to rip on one or the other, just because it's convinient to you is a double standard.

Bolded some parts for emphasis.

Philologus
4th Jul 2010, 15:54
This thread is utterly useless.Can we get a Mod to get rid of this entire thread?Or at least put a lock this nonsense.Please and Thank you.

Pssht.. speak for yourself! This is a fantastic thread! Quite amusing, just like the notion that Deus Ex:HR will be even half as transcendental as the first. :)

So what about you, deus ex? Have anything to chime in? I bet I can predict the summary of his response..

"Go dye you 40 yr old virgen and suffer while doeing it so I can enjoi it see you dieing hahaha die and quit complaaning argh argh argh I am a pyrate har har"

Mindmute
4th Jul 2010, 15:55
Pssht.. speak for yourself! This is a fantastic thread! Quite amusing, just like the notion that Deus Ex:HR will be even half as transcendental as the first. :)

So what about you, deus ex? Have anything to chime in? I bet I can predict the summary of his response..

"Go dye you 40 yr old virgen and suffer while doeing it so I can enjoi it see you dieing hahaha die and quit complaaning argh argh argh I am a pyrate har har"

Baiting him is just as bad as what he's doing.

jjc
4th Jul 2010, 16:00
It doesn't and I've kept well out of those threads out of respect for people's opinions.

I didn't mean anything in particular about the people making thank you threads, I was just commenting that the people saying "way to go" and the people saying "I don't like this" are in the same boat. They're both just making educated guesses what they've seen so far, to rip on one or the other, just because it's convinient to you is a double standard.

Bolded some parts for emphasis.

Then I misunderstood your intent.

Thank you.

Philologus
4th Jul 2010, 16:03
Baiting him is just as bad as what he's doing.

What an obtuse opinion.

Given the content of his posts, it's not even close to being as bad.

ps- Carlos Queiroz is close to the intellectual level occupied by deus ex.

Mindmute
4th Jul 2010, 16:05
What an obtuse opinion.

Given the content of his posts, it's not even close to being as bad.

It's called enabling though. By paying even the most remote ammount of attention you encourage him to continue, not doing so turns into even less than an annoyance.

Philologus
4th Jul 2010, 16:07
It's called enabling though. By paying even the most remote ammount of attention you encourage him to continue, not doing so turns into even less than an annoyance.

Ach.. but mindmute, that was not your argument, and everyone here has the will to post their thoughts. You said that what I was doing was "as bad". Come now, I am not wishing painful death upon anyone, nor am I displaying gross homophobia.

Otherwise, your point is well taken!

Mindmute
4th Jul 2010, 16:08
Ach.. but mindmute, that was not your argument.

I'll grant you that one, it was misphrased out of annoyance from not having put him on my ignore list sooner.
Bestest buddies again? ;)

Philologus
4th Jul 2010, 16:09
I'll grant you that one, it was misphrased out of annoyance from not having put him on my ignore list sooner.
Bestest buddies again? ;)

Yes yes, of course!:)

Shralla
4th Jul 2010, 19:17
I like how all these idiot noobs think anybody gives a **** what they think.

SoDeusExDies
5th Jul 2010, 02:36
There are obviously some old schoolers and cool people on these forums. Im glad some of you agree with me. It is sad to see not just a franchise die, but a gaming concept as well.

Im really sorry some of you younger kids havent been able to experience a truly great game that was more about art, story telling, and fun than taking your money. You guys that miss the greats as much as I do, dont get drawn into arguments with kids, they really dont know any better and its not their fault. The industry is creating its own market. A market where they have to do less work under the hood and just give it a flashy paint job. Im pretty sure some of the people posting here have never played Deus Ex and never heard of Thief. Do yourselves a favor and get past the graphics and play a truly great game.

Im 24
I posted here this morning (EST)
I want my 150 bucks Sabretooth

Sabretooth1
5th Jul 2010, 02:43

Still have to prove that you saw the leaked gameplay.

ikenstein
5th Jul 2010, 11:36
There are obviously some old schoolers and cool people on these forums. Im glad some of you agree with me. It is sad to see not just a franchise die, but a gaming concept as well.

Im really sorry some of you younger kids havent been able to experience a truly great game that was more about art, story telling, and fun than taking your money. You guys that miss the greats as much as I do, dont get drawn into arguments with kids, they really dont know any better and its not their fault. The industry is creating its own market. A market where they have to do less work under the hood and just give it a flashy paint job. Im pretty sure some of the people posting here have never played Deus Ex and never heard of Thief. Do yourselves a favor and get past the graphics and play a truly great game.

Im 24
I posted here this morning (EST)

Yeah, deus ex was awesome. It gave me that feeling that you get when you read a good book, where you just can't stop reading the damn thing because you need to find out what happens next. DX was a huge, awesome game, full of depth and plot twists.

When HR wa announced I got all excited, thinking they were going to make a mature, story driven game similar to to the original. I kind of lost interest when I saw the direction the game was going. Health regen, console gameplay, daft made up multi level cities...meh.

Add in the inevitable drm / steam or whatever rubbish the publisher idiotically thinks will stop someone decompiling the game and removing all the drm and you have a recipe for me not buying.

Romeo
5th Jul 2010, 15:39
We have approximate 8836365283 other threads discussing this already, plus if you just want to whine and moan, we have a thread specifically for that as well.