PDA

View Full Version : Re-purchase

IrishGamer
4th Jul 2010, 07:44
should i re-purchase it for pc? Seems like the mods make the game awesome. i was thinking about repurchasing it after getting bored of the ps3 version.

Talidan
4th Jul 2010, 09:19
I'm wondering if I should too. I really want to...and I only have like 7 hours left for it being 50% off on Steam D:

xI Jakk Ix
4th Jul 2010, 09:36
Even with the mods it still gets boring quickly

Talidan
4th Jul 2010, 09:51
Even with the mods it still gets boring quickly

If they were to release a full SDK, then I would get it in a heartbeat at full price. Imagine custom islands and bases, and even fully custom cars/weapons/and other cool things.

Avalanche would never add an SDK though... :(

cazzer
4th Jul 2010, 10:15
If you re-purchased it i guarantee you will become bored of it at some point, unless your like me and still very much like playing the game. :D

AussieTactician
4th Jul 2010, 10:37
im thinking about getting it on pc aswell. I currently have it on 360 and im not getting bored of it, but i wanna try some of the awesome mods

Scorp
4th Jul 2010, 16:37
I would love to buy it for $25 on Steam but I only have $55 and I need to buy a Turtle Beach X11 ASAP so I guess I'll never play the mods...Oh well.

Rios
4th Jul 2010, 19:08
Id say if you can afford it and your PC can run it, why not?

Talidan
4th Jul 2010, 19:20
Id say if you can afford it and your PC can run it, why not?

Because that $25 (or whatever it is in other countries) could be used on a good game on Steam that you don't already have for console?

That's the main argument with myself. "BUT I ALREADY HAVE IT ON PS3! I could get something that I don't have already with all these good deals!"

And the other argument with myself is "But you already upped your Steam game count from 135 to 165 this sale!"

No...wait...I couldn't have bought that many...did I? Well...damn..

Yeah, I think I've already spent too much. I didn't really realize it until typing it. lol

Rios
5th Jul 2010, 01:54
So the PC mods aren't worth the money in your opinion? I don't argue that the money could certainly be spent on something different but I think the OP realizes hes spending money for essentially what he already has, the question is really is, is it worth it for the PC mods alone, what do you think Talidan?

Talidan
5th Jul 2010, 07:58
So the PC mods aren't worth the money in your opinion? I don't argue that the money could certainly be spent on something different but I think the OP realizes hes spending money for essentially what he already has, the question is really is, is it worth it for the PC mods alone, what do you think Talidan?

Currently, I don't think they're worth it. There aren't enough fun ones, and nothing to game changing. With a proper SDK, it would open up so many possibilities for modding, but as it stands, things are a little limited.

It's like if Oblivion on PC could only be modded to add some god-like weapons and tweak spells. Thankfully a whole lot more can be done, and we have all new creatures, weapons, spells (and spell animations), and worlds that can be created. Because of that, I have a console version and a PC version.

I'm actually kind of bored of Just Cause 2 right now, and I imagine the current mods would only get me playing for another month or so. Throw an SDK in the mix and I'd be playing for at least 3 more months (probably more), as well as making mods.

Just for now though...not worth it. :\

RunningBare
5th Jul 2010, 12:20
should i re-purchase it for pc? Seems like the mods make the game awesome. i was thinking about repurchasing it after getting bored of the ps3 version.Nah!, use it to get Assassins Creed II, or if you already have that, save it for Assassins Creed Brotherhood, I also recommend The Saboteur.

I have the pc version of JC2 and so far while the mods have been good, non have really interested me, I'm not into uber weapons and armor, but as already mentioned, if they gave or sold the SDK, then I'd recommend the pc version for you, but not presently.