PDA

View Full Version : any one thinking of "v for vendetta" with this game

FarGears
4th Jul 2010, 02:40
Government(or cooperation) are controlling the people and but its the governments that should fear its people.

idk i just got that vibe in the Deus Ex 3 : Human Revolution - Official E3 Trailer, when it was playing it made me want

to burst out of my seat and help the people.

(BTW "v for vendetta" RULES)

Rindill the Red
4th Jul 2010, 02:49
anyone thinking "winnie the pooh" with this game?

Deus Ex is a thinking man's shooter and Winnie the Pooh often has to "think, think, think..."

idk, I just got that vibe with the whole thinking aspect...

(BTW, "winnie the pooh" RULES)

Kodaemon
4th Jul 2010, 03:05
anyone thinking "kool aid man" with this game?

kool aid man often bursts through walls and so does Adam Jensen.

idk, I just got that vibe with the whole wall punching aspect...

(BTW, "kool aid man" RULES)

FarGears
4th Jul 2010, 03:17
I like how you thing man kool aid man does rule.

Kodaemon
4th Jul 2010, 03:26
Also:

http://img269.imageshack.us/img269/5113/aforadam1.jpg

FarGears
4th Jul 2010, 03:29
wow i think we just found the wow factor in the game will nice job man. Makes him look so much cooler but wheres is cig?

Invictus Sol
4th Jul 2010, 03:37
anyone thinking "kool aid man" with this game?

kool aid man often bursts through walls and so does Adam Jensen.

idk, I just got that vibe with the whole wall punching aspect...

(BTW, "kool aid man" RULES)

Haha, nice catch.

Kodaemon
4th Jul 2010, 03:40
Adam should shout "OH YEAH!" everytime he does that.

FarGears
4th Jul 2010, 03:47
I hope kids don't then coming running for him. They might get hurt with all the bullets, fire, explosions, and God knows what else.

Invictus Sol
4th Jul 2010, 03:57
Adam should shout "OH YEAH!" everytime he does that.

set DeusEx3.AJensenMale bCheatsEnabled True >> KoolAidMan

Yesssssssss! *exaggerated arm pump*

Pinky_Powers
4th Jul 2010, 04:12
Anything with a V for Vendetta vibe is golden in my eyes. :thumb:

KSingh77
4th Jul 2010, 04:18
*Punches through wall*

OH YEAH!!!!

*Snaps person's neck*

Invictus Sol
4th Jul 2010, 04:25
I really feel that the "Oh Yeah!" should be done simultaneously or just after the neck snap (as limp body falls from Jensen's remorseless hands). It might also be wise if Alex is heavily into cocaine.

Deus_Ex_Machina
4th Jul 2010, 05:27
Also:

Proof that Anonymous has infiltrated the gaming industry.

hem dazon 90
4th Jul 2010, 07:07
v is the greatest anon and the king of trolls

atLaNt1s
4th Jul 2010, 07:17
v for vendetta, great movie.

Cylon
4th Jul 2010, 07:44
v for vendetta was an ok movie, but had big holes in the story, way to simple fo ex. *SPOILER ALERT*

*SPOILER ALERT*

*SPOILER ALERT*

Like V's no 1 target the leader simply just gets killed by one of his 'fingers' (just because V wants it) waaaay to easy, allso the story was severly dumbified when compared to the original (V is based on a comic)

To me no more than an ok film, targeted mainly a younger audience.

Pinky_Powers
4th Jul 2010, 07:59
*SPOILER ALERT*

*SPOILER ALERT*

*SPOILER ALERT*

Like V's no 1 target the leader simply just gets killed by one of his 'fingers' (just because V wants it) waaaay to easy,

The Chancellor's death was brought about by a brilliant string of manipulations. It was NOT merely V asking Creedy to do it.

V had manipulated events so that the Chancellor was becoming a threat to Creedy. And a man like Creedy is not someone you can just threaten.

Yes, the V for Vendetta book was massively better than the movie. It remains to this day my favorite graphic novel. But I won't stand for some weird punk trashing the movie and calling it kiddie stuff. Especially when you clearly weren't able to understand what was happening.

JackShandy
4th Jul 2010, 08:10
Also, the original comic had the leader luckily killed off by someone V had never even seen as a miraculous coincidence. I don't think you can say the movie was easier than that. At least it had V actually tricking someone into doing it.

Not to mention the whole thing where the government has an amazing high-tech computer that can track everything, but the idea of someone being able to hack into it is so foriegn to them that the leader has a complete mental breakdown when it happens.

And the LSD. Hahaha, man, that detective was crazy.

Pinky_Powers
4th Jul 2010, 08:24
And the LSD. Hahaha, man, that detective was crazy.

That was the best thing ever! :lol:

Cylon
4th Jul 2010, 09:01
The Chancellor's death was brought about by a brilliant string of manipulations. It was NOT merely V asking Creedy to do it.

V had manipulated events so that the Chancellor was becoming a threat to Creedy. And a man like Creedy is not someone you can just threaten.

Yes, the V for Vendetta book was massively better than the movie. It remains to this day my favorite graphic novel. But I won't stand for some weird punk trashing the movie and calling it kiddie stuff. Especially when you clearly weren't able to understand what was happening.

My point was the film is getting way to much credit for me, V's removal of the corupted Chancellor was way to easy, yea shure he had manipulated things in this way, but it was way to easy for him, to me the book is way better.

shure the film had its briliant points for example when V *SPOILER*
*SPOILER*

locked up Evey in the fake prison, and she found the letter from the homosexual woman, thats one of my favorite moments in the movie.

but this has allways been the problem with making a film based on a book graphic or not, there will be points left out, since the film maker cant add them either because it would severly slow down the film, or because the people that pays up rather wants a fast return on their money.

and sorry if I hurt your feelings for this film :).

Mindmute
4th Jul 2010, 09:04
Government(or cooperation) are controlling the people

Erm.. Why go into V for Vendetta? That's just Deus Ex, Bob Page, Walton Simmons and Co. using Versalife and the Gray Death to gain control of governments and their people in the US, playing the triads against one another to weaken Hong Kong so they can take power by siding with whoever is convinient after both are crippled from that mess, etc.

Why struggle so much to make a connection to something completely unrelated to Deus Ex when it's obvious that they were just connecting with the first installment in the series (and thankfully so)?

FarGears
4th Jul 2010, 16:20
I could be wrong its just what I thought at the time watching the leaked Trailer of the game i just saw (or wanted to see) a similarity of the two because V is kick ass and Adam is kick ass. haven't played the first and second game yet I new the the series.

TrickyVein
4th Jul 2010, 16:49
Everyone hates on the second one (as I'm sure you're well aware) but it's not so bad. Seattle, Cairo, even Trier (maybe?) are solid in my book. But then I think of the final Liberty Island level, and - oh well. It's worth a spin though!

Plus, I remember Invisble War pioneering/making full use of dynamic lighting, which was a big selling point for me. At least, I thought it was at the time.

once_more
4th Jul 2010, 18:43
i'm liking this look

KSingh77
4th Jul 2010, 18:46
All it needs is the joker.

Who needs secret society groups if you got a mad lunatic running and blowing crap up.