PDA

View Full Version : Just finished Dead Men again ...

GrievousOdyssey
3rd Jul 2010, 22:22
Whoa ... epic six-five hours i just went through ...

I mean it's really rare for me to play a game for more than forty seven times and it just still feels 'fresh' ...

Or maybe i'm just exaggerating , i don't know ...

Yes i've noticed i didn't need to create a topic just to say this , so here's the question ...

What made you become a 'fan' of Dead Men ? ...
Is it the overall experience ? is it because of the character of Lynch / Kane ? because it felt 'different' ? because it reminds you of your point of view on the world / life ? what was it ? ...

Keep in mind that i'm asking mainly to those who played the campaign , not those who only sticked to Fragile Alliance ...

MxOAgentJohnson
3rd Jul 2010, 22:31
The believable characters grabbed me in, same as the concept and plot, i loved it.

chaoticd
3rd Jul 2010, 22:35
for me, i really enjoy being a bad guy instead of good. i would'nt say that kane or lynch fits that catagory, but it still has that feel to it. the ability for the characters to do whatever they want without being bound by rules.

GrievousOdyssey
3rd Jul 2010, 22:38
the ability for the characters to do whatever they want without being bound by rules.

Yeah , i loved it how they could get 'passports' so easily ...

joe the janitor
4th Jul 2010, 00:14
Ok, I never liked dead men very much, and never really thought of myself as a fan (let me explain)! I though the story was good, and fragile alience was very new and exiting. But I found the gameplay to be very flawed. One day in January (2010) I was very bored. I was just checking around the internet, and for no reason I though to my self "I wonder if Kane and Lynch got a sequel"? Then I saw the first 3 trailers, and joined the forums....

GrievousOdyssey
4th Jul 2010, 00:21
The trailers ? they were directed by Jens Peter Kurup , the game director of Dead Men ...

Whoa , he would be happy to know that his trailers made people interested in Dog Days ...

Meanwhile we're going to prepare the torture chamber because you didn't even joined the forum because of our community , but by some puny trailers ! ...

joe the janitor
4th Jul 2010, 00:32
The trailers ? they were directed by Jens Peter Kurup , the game director of Dead Men ...

Whoa , he would be happy to know that his trailers made people interested in Dog Days ...

Meanwhile we're going to prepare the torture chamber because you didn't even joined the forum because of our community , but by some puny trailers ! ...
HA, I'm imune to torture! I watched through The Spirit (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0831887/) from begining to end. Beat that! :rasp:

GrievousOdyssey
4th Jul 2010, 00:59
I watched it like , ages before you , punk ...

Brackstone17
4th Jul 2010, 01:39
What made me like Kane and Lynch the most? The fact that the protagonists are 100% unique. That's it. Once I was interested things like the constant suit wearing and cool set pieces made it better, but it was definitely the protagonists that drew my attention.

UhUh
4th Jul 2010, 08:39
I like a good character-driven story, and in deadmen every character is intresting not just Kane or Lynch. The action, the set pieces helped a lot too, you can always look foward to where your going next, and it's a different place with a lot of stuff going on; whenever I play it, I always go "ok next level and then I quit" but they flow so well into each other I just can't stop. There's no filler, every step is meaningfull, every chapter has its identity, it really feels like a story, not a game with a story.

The way it's told, in every aspect of the game is used to push the story; characters talk to eachother, when you die there's a little flashback even the loading screen.

Then there's all the small stuff, from npc that move and moan on the ground, to the great music, the subtle grainy filter, the light effects, the sky in havana...and more.

Yeah some things could've done better, but like for FarCry2, this game does so many things right and so well that all the rest falls back and doesn't matter anymore.

Bevacur
4th Jul 2010, 11:34
I gave up on the monster truck. I hate that part. So my copy of Dead Men is collecting dust :( I'm ashamed...

GrievousOdyssey
4th Jul 2010, 13:37
I like a good character-driven story, and in deadmen every character is intresting not just Kane or Lynch. The action, the set pieces helped a lot too, you can always look foward to where your going next, and it's a different place with a lot of stuff going on; whenever I play it, I always go "ok next level and then I quit" but they flow so well into each other I just can't stop. There's no filler, every step is meaningfull, every chapter has its identity, it really feels like a story, not a game with a story.

The way it's told, in every aspect of the game is used to push the story; characters talk to eachother, when you die there's a little flashback even the loading screen.

Then there's all the small stuff, from npc that move and moan on the ground, to the great music, the subtle grainy filter, the light effects, the sky in havana...and more.

Yeah some things could've done better, but like for FarCry2, this game does so many things right and so well that all the rest falls back and doesn't matter anymore.

*gives tons of kisses* ...

I gave up on the monster truck. I hate that part. So my copy of Dead Men is collecting dust :( I'm ashamed...

Are you saying that you never finished Dead Men and you never knew what happens in the end ? ...
I mean you never seen it yourself ? ...

For Real ? ...

How did you survived this long in the forums ? ...

SlashPrower
4th Jul 2010, 14:40
HA, I'm imune to torture! I watched through The Spirit (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0831887/) from begining to end. Beat that! :rasp:

I watched all of the Nightmare on Elm Street movies from beginning to end. Even the 5th and 6th ones.

Bevacur, grab the assault rifle, run up the hill as the Behemoth goes up it, and shoot through the side window when it stops. I mean, unload into that window. Once it's broken, one bullet through the window (doesn't matter where it goes) kills him.

Just don't kill him to close to Jenny, or she'll die when she gets up. Happened to me once.

GrievousOdyssey
4th Jul 2010, 14:51
Just don't kill him to close to Jenny, or she'll die when she gets up. Happened to me once.

Really ? ...

Anywya i always use the pistol so i only finish the beast on its second run ...

What i do is that i follow it near the hill , i don't go all the way up there , i wait for it to turn around , when it's about to face Jenny and run down the hill i repeatedly shoot the front window , allwhile walking backward at the same time until i land myself back in the grave ... much more epic this way ...