PDA

View Full Version : Petishun: Skul gun

Pretentious Old Man.
3rd Jul 2010, 21:16
DeeyaR EiDOS Motreeal.

I wud liek a skul gun, beecuse I need it BEecuse my mishunz are geting mor difficult nao. Thnk YOu.

In all seriousness, who wouldn't LOVE a head mounted gun aug, the ultimate easter egg / transhumanist modification!

Sign me up.

Rocket Propelled Rocket
3rd Jul 2010, 21:17
Hablo ingles por favor.

pringlepower
3rd Jul 2010, 21:56
Hablo ingles por favor.

I speak english please?

Rocket Propelled Rocket
3rd Jul 2010, 22:02
I speak english please?

Remove the "I".

Remington
3rd Jul 2010, 22:03
YES. The ULTIMATE PWNAGE.

Skul-gun is available as one of the easter-egg augs in Shifter, IIRC.

Corpus
3rd Jul 2010, 22:34
YES. The ULTIMATE PWNAGE.

Skul-gun is available as one of the easter-egg augs in Shifter, IIRC.

A lot of the easter eggs are really well hidden. Some are just in spots you wouldn't think much of.
I have yet to found skul gun.

Mindmute
3rd Jul 2010, 22:36
Hablo ingles por favor.

Hablo is actually "I speak", since it's short for "Yo hablo". I believe you looking for hable (formal) or habla (informal).

Pretentious Old Man.
3rd Jul 2010, 22:38
Seriously, if Barrett can have an "arm gun", can't we have a skul gun? Maybe for a married guy with a small child, called Anton Hermann? Plz? :)

K^2
3rd Jul 2010, 22:52
Hablo is actually "I speak", since it's short for "Yo hablo". I believe you looking for hable (formal) or habla (informal).
In most Romance Languages, verbs change with person and number. "Hablo" implies first person, whether or not personal pronoun is used. Whether or not it still requires a pronoun depends on language and context. In addition, in many languages, verbs change with mood. "Hablo Ingles" is indicative or interrogative mood. "Speak English, please" is imperative mood. Spanish is one of the languages where the difference matters. Just looked it up, and proper second person imperative form of "Hablar" is "Habla", so it should have been "Habla Ingles, por favor." Maybe a native speaker can confirm that.

What were we talking about? Oh yeah.

SCULL GUN WULD ROXOR.

Pretentious Old Man.
3rd Jul 2010, 22:56
In most Romance Languages, verbs change with person and number. "Hablo" implies first person, whether or not personal pronoun is used. Whether or not it still requires a pronoun depends on language and context. In addition, in many languages, verbs change with mood. "Hablo Ingles" is indicative or interrogative mood. "Speak English, please" is imperative mood. Spanish is one of the languages where the difference matters. Just looked it up, and proper second person imperative form of "Hablar" is "Habla", so it should have been "Habla Ingles, por favor." Maybe a native speaker can confirm that.

SCULL GUN WULD ROXOR.

Thank you!

And, as languages, Hermannese and Engrish are both pretty much the pinnacles of linguistic achievement, certainly unbeaten by such mundane languages as "English".

Mindmute
3rd Jul 2010, 22:58
"Hablo Ingles" is indicative or interrogative mood. "Speak English, please" is imperative mood. Spanish is one of the languages where the difference matters. Just looked it up, and proper second person imperative form of "Hablar" is "Habla", so it should have been "Habla Ingles, por favor." Maybe a native speaker can confirm that.

SCULL GUN WULD ROXOR.

I'm not a native speaker, but I can pretty much confirm that my suggestion of Habla or Hable, with Hable being the formal version is correct.
I have some proficiency with Spanish and, living in Portugal, I also have a good degree of familiarity with the basics behind most languages deviring from latin.

I need skul gun or some punk we all know gets jumpy and draws before i can get zee dam assault rifle!

TrickyVein
4th Jul 2010, 03:12
Wait - did a thread about the obscenely cool idea that a skull gun might appear in the upcoming game as an easter egg or even a bonofide augmentation get sucked into a debate about proper spanish? Not even proper english?

*folds arms, furrows brow*

Pretentious Old Man.
4th Jul 2010, 13:52
Wait - did a thread about the obscenely cool idea that a skull gun might appear in the upcoming game as an easter egg or even a bonofide augmentation get sucked into a debate about proper spanish? Not even proper english?

I also feel your pain. It happens to most of my threads. :D

Irate_Iguana
4th Jul 2010, 13:59
I also feel your pain. It happens to most of my threads. :D

It's the lack of moderation with regards to stuff like this.

Pretentious Old Man.
4th Jul 2010, 14:04

I guess so, although in fairness my actual topic was hardly quantum mechanics.

It does seem quite a wide jump though, from skull guns to Spanish grammar.

Mindmute
4th Jul 2010, 14:28

Honestly, some lack of moderation in general lately, if you've been reading the latest posts from that troll account deus ex you'll notice yet another example of that.

I'm sorry if I helped contribute for the thread going off-topic, but in one of the interviews with Dugas' (the PC Gamer or Eurogamer one) his repply hinted that he didn't even know about the "I wanted orange" meme. It doesn't help my hopes of decent Deus Ex-related easter eggs.

Anyways sorry @ the OP again. My bad.

Ilves
4th Jul 2010, 14:36
Seriously, if Barrett can have an "arm gun", can't we have a skul gun?

I see no reason why that flattop couldn't house some decent hardware. What with all the surplus brain space.

TrickyVein
4th Jul 2010, 14:58
Oh SNAP!

So how would the skullgun itself work? Would your brain-waves be monitored and linked up to a system that calls down an orbital strike? Would you be implanted with some kind of delivery system yourself that would respond to wave signatures of specific thought patterns?

Cylon
4th Jul 2010, 15:17
Skullgun wold rock!!

Lets hope fireing the gun wont snap your neck, that would be cool allso though.

Mindmute
4th Jul 2010, 15:22
Would you be implanted with some kind of delivery system yourself that would respond to wave signatures of specific thought patterns?

That's the way I imagine it, personally. Some type of mounted weapon, like in the MJ12 powerarmour or Anna's gun.
It could lead to several problems with pattern matching errors and to very dead old ladies after they steal the last bag of peanuts from the shelf. You really wanted those peanuts...

TrickyVein
4th Jul 2010, 15:25
Right - it would take a great deal of training and practiced restraint to be able to use effectively if this were how the thing worked. I'll have to go back and read the original email that Gunther sent to get a better idea of what the thing is exactly.

Ilves
4th Jul 2010, 15:27
Striking people down by giving them the evil eye- now that might be useful. http://media.ign.com/boardfaces/33.gif

TrickyVein
4th Jul 2010, 15:34
Just so long as you don't go posting an image of your "Evil Eye" - who knows if its power may still be felt across cyberspace? It'd be like that film "The Ring" was it? The one where everyone who watched this video died a week after?

Ilves
4th Jul 2010, 15:41
God knows this forum could use a good stare down...

TrickyVein
4th Jul 2010, 15:46
Then maybe - just maybe, it's exactly what the doctor ordered, eh? :rolleyes:

Cylon
4th Jul 2010, 16:14
Just so long as you don't go posting an image of your "Evil Eye" - who knows if its power may still be felt across cyberspace? It'd be like that film "The Ring" was it? The one where everyone who watched this video died a week after?

Hmm... So we would see the badguys run around going 'uh' *runs* 'uh' etc... For a week? :-P that would be cool! So I second that idea!:lmao:

Angel-A
5th Jul 2010, 00:05
You're not getting your skull-gun; you'll just have to settle for a pistol taped to your head and some lemon-lime.

Pretentious Old Man.
5th Jul 2010, 08:24
You're not getting your skull-gun; you'll just have to settle for a pistol taped to your head and some lemon-lime.

Interesting fact: You know the PS2 version of the game, Deus Ex: The Conspiracy? Well, THE conspiracy was the Janitor's nerfing the vending machine. Oh sure, there were a few side quests featuring some other, global control gubbins, but Gunther's epic quest for vengeance and a drink was always the central plot pillar.

TrickyVein
5th Jul 2010, 14:36
...drink was always the central plot pillar.

That explains all of the wine in France! On your next play-through, try to collect all of it, and then down it ALL before leaving. Good side quest, there.

Romeo
5th Jul 2010, 21:27

Indubidibly! (-Ably?)

We should start a petition to get Pretentious Old Man banned for 99999 years for stealing your idea! :p

Romeo
5th Jul 2010, 21:36
Interesting fact: You know the PS2 version of the game, Deus Ex: The Conspiracy? Well, THE conspiracy was the Janitor's nerfing the vending machine. Oh sure, there were a few side quests featuring some other, global control gubbins, but Gunther's epic quest for vengeance and a drink was always the central plot pillar.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y9pAv-z2ens

chechof
5th Jul 2010, 21:40
"Hablo" comes from the verb hablar; Yo hablo, Tu hablas, El habla, Ellos hablan, asi que dejense de estupideces gente. :) hihowhahejraoHTOPOA

Pretentious Old Man.
5th Jul 2010, 23:53
Indubidibly! (-Ably?)

We should start a petition to get Pretentious Old Man banned for 99999 years for stealing your idea! :p

Where do I sign?

(Indubitably, by the way)

https://www.brooklynmuseum.org/eascfa/feminist_art_base/archive/images/285.312.jpg

MEIN SKULL MAUSER!

Romeo
5th Jul 2010, 23:59
Where do I sign?

https://www.brooklynmuseum.org/eascfa/feminist_art_base/archive/images/285.312.jpg

MEIN SKULL MAUSER!
LOL!

I seem to recall there being a show on Discovery Channel that attempted to try the "Trench Gun" patent out, which was based upon having a revolver in one's helmet. It worked, but was absolutely awful. lol

Pretentious Old Man.
6th Jul 2010, 00:12
LOL!

I seem to recall there being a show on Discovery Channel that attempted to try the "Trench Gun" patent out, which was based upon having a revolver in one's helmet. It worked, but was absolutely awful. lol

Imagine the recoil! However, I guess you wouldn't need sights if the barrel is literally between your eyes.

Ah Gunther. You genius, you.

Fluffis
6th Jul 2010, 00:29
Imagine the recoil! However, I guess you wouldn't need sights if the barrel is literally between your eyes.

A shot and a whiplash. A double whammy.

Romeo
6th Jul 2010, 02:09

No, it was terrible for detecting where you were firing. If your hat was crooked, if you were looking off-axis, if your head was crooked, etc, you missed. And although recoil wasn't bad (It was strapped on tight), it could only fire a single round before manual reload was necessary. It was such a gong-show, I loved it.

hem dazon 90
6th Jul 2010, 05:24
*dons nigra outfit and afro*

lolcats are made of fail and lose

Angel-A
6th Jul 2010, 06:57
*dons nigra outfit and afro*

lolcats are made of fail and lose

I see no lolcats, sir.

hem dazon 90
6th Jul 2010, 06:58
I see no lolcats, sir.

the first few posts were done in lolspeak

itsalladream
6th Jul 2010, 16:29
orly? I thought they were done in Gunther-speak.

hem dazon 90
6th Jul 2010, 16:52
I am the only one who can use o rly around here

Cylon
6th Jul 2010, 16:59
Where do I sign?

MEIN SKULL MAUSER!

Nice! But do you sell any ZKUL GUNZ MICHZT .50 cal capacity? :-P

Romeo
6th Jul 2010, 19:01
orly? Didn't know that.

Nice! But do you sell any ZKUL GUNZ MICHZT .50 cal capacity? :-P
To just completely ANNIHILATE all mental capacity once you fire the first round.

Angel-A
6th Jul 2010, 19:06

O RLY? Cool story, bro...

No, the first few posts were Gunther-speak. If you read any of Gunther's emails in Deus Ex, you'll have found he can't spell for *****. Whether this is attributed to lacking intelligence, improper learning of the English language or a basic inability to preform delicate tasks with his augs is unknown. But seriously, Gunther cannot spell. At all.

hem dazon 90
6th Jul 2010, 19:08
orly? Didn't know that..

yeah just like how you are the only one who can be named after a Shakespearean character and hom MyImmortal is the only one who can be named after an atrociously bad fanfic.

Angel-A
6th Jul 2010, 19:11
yeah just like how you are the only one who can be named after a Shakespearean character and hom MyImmortal is the only one who can be named after an atrociously bad fanfic.

And just like how you are the only one who can be at appalling levels of unfunny...

hem dazon 90
6th Jul 2010, 19:13
And just like how you are the only one who can be at appalling levels of unfunny...

in your opinion...

Cylon
6th Jul 2010, 20:04
orly? Didn't know that.

To just completely ANNIHILATE all mental capacity once you fire the first round.

Yea! Tha' would beh' so awsome! .. Hey! wait a muhnit' ...

itsalladream
6th Jul 2010, 20:12
in your opinion...

His opinion stands.:rasp:

hem dazon 90
6th Jul 2010, 20:20
His opinion stands.:rasp:

O rly?

Pretentious Old Man.
6th Jul 2010, 20:21
O rly?

Ya rly.

http://x23.xanga.com/0dd8800bd8320219346973/t40483593.gif

hem dazon 90
6th Jul 2010, 20:27
Ya rly.

http://x23.xanga.com/0dd8800bd8320219346973/t40483593.gif

The o rly trio should have a cartoon show.

I'd watch it.

Romeo
7th Jul 2010, 20:01
in your opinion...
As they say in Iowa: dun wurri, itz k. :lol:

Pinky_Powers
7th Jul 2010, 20:03
As they say in Iowa: dun wurri, itz k. :lol:

I don't think you should be allowed to mention Iowa, or their savage tongue, ever again.

Romeo
7th Jul 2010, 20:07
I don't think you should be allowed to mention Iowa, or their savage tongue, ever again.
Aw man, but Slipknot's from Iowa!

HERETIC ANTHEM!!! =P

Irate_Iguana
7th Jul 2010, 20:12
Aw man, but Slipknot's from Iowa!

HERETIC ANTHEM!!! =P

And that is supposed to help your cause how?

Romeo
7th Jul 2010, 20:19
And that is supposed to help your cause how?
I love Slipknot. They're nice when I need to listen to something lighter.

Angel-A
7th Jul 2010, 20:25
in your opinion...
Of course in my opinion. Who's else would it be, now? :rolleyes:
A person's level of cool or annoying is essentially determined by others opinions of them. Compounding several persons' opinions creates a reputation. This is truth, this is.

Romeo
7th Jul 2010, 22:02
Of course in my opinion. Who's else would it be, now? :rolleyes:
A person's level of cool or annoying is essentially determined by others opinions of them. Compounding several persons' opinions creates a reputation. This is truth, this is.
I think anyone that has an owl as their avatar is already on track to greatness.

Yeah, what now? lol

Pinky_Powers
7th Jul 2010, 22:27
I think anyone that has an owl as their avatar is already on track to greatness.

Yeah, what now? lol

He would already be at that coveted destination if it was a picture of Hedwig, instead of that ugly meme creature.

hem dazon 90
8th Jul 2010, 21:05
He would already be at that coveted destination if it was a picture of Hedwig, instead of that ugly meme creature.

O rly isn't ugly

I mean look at the suprise in it's eyes as it delivered the immortal line.

IT obviously went through a time vortex and saw your comment about it's appearance and mad the O rly face

Romeo
9th Jul 2010, 01:22
Not a huge Harry Potter fan, so Hedwig really doesn't have any more pull than any of the other owls.

Now, if it was that owl Pokemon on the other hand... ;)

Angel-A
11th Jul 2010, 05:05
Now, if it was that owl Pokemon on the other hand... ;)
I believe that would be worse.
Hoothoot... *shudder*

Romeo
11th Jul 2010, 07:00
I believe that would be worse.
Hoothoot... *shudder*
BAHAHAHAHA! Yes, HOOTHOOT!

Man those are fantastic little games.