PDA

View Full Version : Character customization???

taylornathan2991
3rd Jul 2010, 20:21
I think the characters are creative although will there be character customization, in the actual game? :scratch:

MxOAgentJohnson
3rd Jul 2010, 20:23
Hopefully not, masks are available i think but character customization is something i dislike.

taylornathan2991
3rd Jul 2010, 20:32
Hopefully not, masks are available i think but character customization is something i dislike.

Tru, masks sound pretty tite!:) How many variations do you think their will be for masks?

Brackstone17
3rd Jul 2010, 20:37
Probably just some different colours of ski mask in addition to those pre-order type ones.

3rd Jul 2010, 20:39

How could you not like custom characters:scratch:

taylornathan2991
3rd Jul 2010, 20:41
Ski masks sound pretty awesome though! You think they will have hockey masks as well; and bandanas?

Minority
3rd Jul 2010, 21:32
How could you not like custom characters:scratch:

I like customization too, but i soon learned it's not always good. I liked it a lot in Rainbow Six Vegas, but that's what made me dislike character customization, because some people had characters that would not suit the tone of the game(bright colored armor, not looking like a spec ops soldier) and it got me annoyed, because i didn't feel like i was part of an anti terrorist unit or the game's universe.
I still want to feel like I'm part of the game's world, which K&L does with its characters right now which is good, so I'm fine with it.

MxOAgentJohnson
3rd Jul 2010, 21:34
The reason i dont want customization is the characters have there own personality and clothing and nationality for a reason, How stupid would the irish guy look in a mexican hat... im just saiyin

Kent-45
3rd Jul 2010, 21:43
I want a mask like this for Fragile Alliance....

http://img806.imageshack.us/img806/5474/thestrangersgemmawardki.jpg

TAPETRVE
3rd Jul 2010, 22:27
This:

http://www.enovine.net/zanimljivosti/i27/07iv09/07iv0916zan/MANHUNT1.jpg

GrievousOdyssey
3rd Jul 2010, 22:29
Both of them look Snappy ! ...

JackGordon
3rd Jul 2010, 22:47
I want a mask like this for Fragile Alliance....

http://img806.imageshack.us/img806/5474/thestrangersgemmawardki.jpg
The Strangers (honestly without looking at the imagename, but I was about to confuse it with The Orphanage just for a moment there...)

TAPETRVE
3rd Jul 2010, 23:43
Right. Not a bad movie, it was. Only a little too much relying on the typical "Now you see me, now you don't" effect.

kelly is belly
3rd Jul 2010, 23:56

same simply look at saints row
i hope there is none

TAPETRVE
4th Jul 2010, 00:10
Character customization doesn't mean you have to be able to tweak every nook and cranny on your character model. Some custom clothing would suffice. Maybe a few different faces and hair styles.

kelly is belly
4th Jul 2010, 06:00
Character customization doesn't mean you have to be able to tweak every nook and cranny on your character model. Some custom clothing would suffice. Maybe a few different faces and hair styles.

nah i like how the mercs look

Kyodan
4th Jul 2010, 08:19
Maybe not so much full customization, but I'd love to be able to not only choose the character I play, but at least have different clothes, suits, etc. These can be preset models rather than customizable ones.

BeardedHoplite
4th Jul 2010, 17:51
same simply look at saints row
i hope there is none

Man, that was the best part of the game!

murdoc
4th Jul 2010, 18:51
I'd like to see customization introduced, but maybe it can be limited to prevent killing the mood and theme of the game.

Maybe presets should be included and the player is given say three options as to what customization they would like. Those three presets could be say: 'Clean', 'Average Joe' or 'Dirty'.

Each the presets included such attributes obviously being:-

Clean: Shirt and Tie, Suit
Average Joe: Jeans/Jogging Bottoms, Casual T-Shirt
Dirty: Stubbly Beard, Ripped Clothing

Just an idea!

CribbNG3
4th Jul 2010, 23:13
I hope they add more mercs.

After playing as them at least 12 times each you have to admit they get kind of repetitive.

Let IO make them.
Don't let the players choose them.(See - how no one wants to be Zoey)

There is the...

bald irish ex IRA guy
lurch esque mini ponytail rocker (also irish maybeh)
edward norton's british Doppelgänger
the frenchy who is apparently apposed to "Streetwha!" 's
old british guy with the flashy red track pants
really old jewy guy with cataracts
aryan german nationalist
kinda cool jazz esque merc w/ beret included

Did I miss one?

I like them all very much but variation is key.

Bevacur
4th Jul 2010, 23:50
I want a mask similiar to Johnson's face, beware the ginger!

I'm happy with the multiplayer characters. I hate the guy who looks like a crackhead though. The dude with brown hair in a pigtail and light blue eyes.

MxOAgentJohnson
4th Jul 2010, 23:51
Noone would traitor you cause they would be cowering for there souls.

Brackstone17
4th Jul 2010, 23:53
Is flashy red track pants man British? He sounded American to me. Also, I think there's at least two of every nationality except British. There's 2 irish, 2 french, one British and 3 Americans I though (the third being blond ponytail man). I may be wrong though.

Also, is it just me, or is it always the Frenchman's voice when you tell the van to wait?

MxOAgentJohnson
4th Jul 2010, 23:57
Theres a scottish, irish, french, american and brit afaik, i think theres also a russian.

GrievousOdyssey
5th Jul 2010, 00:11
IO seems to love them French Foreign Legions alot ...

Brackstone17
5th Jul 2010, 00:20
IO seems to love them French Foreign Legions alot ...
Well it is the best part of the French Military.

GrievousOdyssey
5th Jul 2010, 00:24
That's because it wasn't solely made with Frenchmen ...

But of course ! ...

Brackstone17
5th Jul 2010, 00:31
That's because it wasn't solely made with Frenchmen ...

But of course ! ...
Well that and it has the word Legion in it.

GrievousOdyssey
5th Jul 2010, 00:37
Yeah ... but it sure as hell can't beat the Brotherhood of Dead Men though , now that is the new **** ! ...

BBboy20
5th Jul 2010, 11:46
I still want to feel like I'm part of the game's world, which K&L does with its characters right now which is good, so I'm fine with it.Vegas never established MP as canon; it wasn't Six vs. terrorists, both teams have the same commander, neither teams ever established who they are. It was basically a pure (though tactical in Vegas' case) competitive sport with all the personal tailoring a player can enjoy.

Though, it looks like IO probably went for character selection instead of customizable...I suppose they wanted to reflect how much of a nobody you are for even getting yourself in such a city or perhaps "discouraging" actually being a criminal, otherwise, all those gangster wannbes (and yeah, they seem to be the majority type of player from my experience on Dead Men) are going to think wearing the hippest gear while mowing down cops while getting away with millions of cash is the life.

GrievousOdyssey
5th Jul 2010, 14:19
all those gangster wannbes (and yeah, they seem to be the majority type of player from my experience on Dead Men) are going to think wearing the hippest gear while mowing down cops while getting away with millions of cash is the life.

Well back in a good old days it use to mean something , now it's just for 'fun' , which is a shame ...

BeardedHoplite
5th Jul 2010, 14:38
Well back in a good old days it use to mean something , now it's just for 'fun' , which is a shame ...

Ah yes, I remember the days when heist-robbery was a gentleman's sport. They did not need the money and they were not quite rich enough to mount an expedition to Africa to hunt. So in orded to move up in the world they robbed banks.

But then the American punks starting robbing banks and even trains. heist-robbery was soon discredited forever.

GrievousOdyssey
5th Jul 2010, 15:03
******* punks , i say we revive the good old days , and start making a better PR campaign , our way of living shall be redeemed once more !...

CribbNG3
5th Jul 2010, 15:53
HOLD THE TRAM!

Let's go over these "americans".

1. The cool cat with the beret - American or Irish
2. Old basrard with the trackies - American or British
3. Blondie - American
4. Mini-Ponytail Lurch - Russian, Irish, or American
5. Mr. McGoo with cataracts - American/Jew
6. Ugly guy with track top - French
7. Bald - Irish
8. Eddie Norton - British

I am pretty sure the trackstar is british. Listen to him after he gets into the van.

taylornathan2991
5th Jul 2010, 16:01
They could always have bandanas,traditional ski masks, hockey masks, army of two type masks, panty hose masks, creepy clown masks(like joker stuff),president or first lady masks (domino movie), masqerade party masks, doctor type masks, skull masks, and anything else that would be interesting to see lol. Remember usually alot of robbers wore masks to conceal their identity as well as using it as a name for themselves.(however their propably not going to put in anything that takes away the atmosphere of the game or distort the look of it) So if there was any masks other than ski masks they would most likely have to be masks that suited the game.:)

CribbNG3
5th Jul 2010, 16:03
president or first lady masks (domino movie)

...the noobs I would pwn for a Nixon mask...

MxOAgentJohnson
5th Jul 2010, 16:06
What nationality is the guy that looks kinda like techno viking

CribbNG3
5th Jul 2010, 16:08
What nationality is the guy that looks kinda like techno viking

Moar info Plox

taylornathan2991
5th Jul 2010, 16:10
...the noobs I would pwn for a Nixon mask...

that would be hilarious man!

taylornathan2991
5th Jul 2010, 16:13
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Kane-Lynch-Days-Limited-Xbox/dp/B002ZRQ3UM

hahaha I feel clueless I just found out what some masks will like.

Kent-45
5th Jul 2010, 16:14
http://img708.imageshack.us/img708/95/jitcrunchaspx.jpg

GrievousOdyssey
5th Jul 2010, 16:42
SOLD ! ...
That's a collector's item yo ! it does more damage than Lincoln's Rifle ! ...

CribbNG3
5th Jul 2010, 18:01
The Red Dead bolt rifle?