PDA

View Full Version : Underrated games that deserve sequels? (ie. The Darkness)

IMPYEMU
3rd Jul 2010, 00:44
This has undoubtedly been talked about before, but in the off chace that it hasn't been, here goes.

Everyone here is obviously a K & L fan, and you all know it's very underrated game. So I'd like to bring up other games that are underrated that haven't had the good fortune of getting a sequel.

To get the ball rolling, I'll list a couple of games I've played that I consider underrated and that I believe deserve sequels. Also if you want, you can post a short summary of the sequel's plot, and improvements you think should be implemented. This isn't limited to games available on the latest generation of consoles by the way.

Since I don't know if anyone will care that much about this thread I'll list one for now, if this thread can gain a little more popularity I'll list another.

"The Darkness"-Developed by Starbreeze Studios and Published by 2K.

With this game you either loved it or hated it. It came out in 06 I believe, 4 years ago. It was the first game I ever purchased for my PlayStation 3. It was a video game adaptation of a comic book series (and on that note, I think more games should be adapted from comics/books, etc) but it wasn't a Marvel/Superhero/Stan Lee comic. I'm not that into comics but I believe it was a erm... "under the radar" sort of comic? Kind of like Kickass or Watchmen, just not as popular.
The games plot revolved around a hitman for the mob in New York city named Jackie Estacado. The game begins on Jackie's 21rst birthday in the middle of a hit on a foreman at a construction site in New York City. Fast Forward a little bit and Jackie winds up getting betrayed by his Uncle, the psychotic Don, and almost get's whacked. Throughout this crisis Jackie has been hearing voices in his head from an unknown presence. It is at the point where he is almost killed that the presence reveals itself, The Darkness, a demonic force that lives inside Jackie's body, when the force awakens inside Jackie he gains Demonic and terrible powers, which he uses to vicously murder his attackers.
The rest of the game consists of Jackie using his new found power to get back at the Don and keeping his friends and family safe, all the while trying to figure out what has happened to him.
In all seriousness, this backstory puts any other Super powered protagonist's backstory to absolute shame.
The game plays like a first person shooter, Jackie is able to use guns he picks up on his journey or from his victims, but he is also able to use the powers gained by the Darkness, like a long demon like tentacle he can use ti impale his enemy's or pick up cars (Sadly no Helicopters :() but that's not all. I won't spoil the other ones but they are very unique and you can have a lot of fun with them when deciding how to defeat your enemies.
The game has a strong story, great voice acting, chilling soundtrack gritty yet realistic environments, fun side quests, a lot of guns, and for the time very nice graphics. The game's major flaws were it's A.I. and some of the sholting mechanics. Oh and some people complained that the story wasn't good which is a lie. But in their defense, the ending of the game is pretty, pretty damn lame.
The game had a multiplayer mode that failed miserably, environments were lame and it had almost no connectivity with the things featured in the game, and finding a game with even half a full amount of players was considered a myth.
But this game will stay with you if your like me, you'll want to replay it a bunch of times and replay different chapters to play through your favorite moments, even getting the achievements is really fun. Find a copy of this game and play it! Rent it, buy it, whatever, it's awesome. It's for the PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360, I don't know about the PC. A Demo exists on the PSN which I guess should mean one exists on XB Live.

Improvements, Sequel summary, etc.

The game needs an overhall with it's A.I., the men would often stand around an do nothing while you massaced them, or when you used some of their powers they were oblivious until their final moments.

Other than the ending, the game's main problem with the plot was it's inability to touch upon things, seriously, this guy basically has the devil living inside of him, but he never tells anybody about it, ANYBODY. The only people who ever do know are really your enemies who never last long to tell the tale, or ONE select good guy who I won't spoil, but basically, he never tells anybody and he only questions anything related to The Darkness about 3 times in the game. I'm not saying the protaganist is stupid, it's just that there are some things you think he would mention like "Oh yeah guys BTW, I have Demon powers that's how I survived that..." Basically the games need to add more depth when explaining things, there's enough depth in the initial story, it's just the other stuff. This is rarely a problem with the game but I mention it only to be honest.

The last improvement really is that of almost every other sequel today, better multiplayer, more guns, more powers, better graphics, etc.

Sequel Summary (Contains SPOILERS):
Since the ending of the game is still confusing to me and I never read the comics, I'd say the sequel would either revolve around Jackie not actually being "taken over" by The Darkness, or breaking free of it's control, he regains control OVER The Darkness and uses his powers to either Find a way to bring Jenny back to life or save her from hell (there's a nod to this toward the fourth act of the original game) and by doing so fighting more minions of The Darkness while also engaging in the aftermath of the Mob Massacre from the original game's ending OR the game would follow a completely new character not related to Jackie (Jackie had no sons and his only chance was with Jenny who died so his bloodline ended therefore no relatives of Jackie would live, and live with the Darkness) who has now been cursed with The Darkness either being the first in the line or like Jackie inheriting it from his Father thus creating a totally unrelated story to the original but still featuring The Darkness. I'd much rather have a continuation of the first game.

Well I don't expect you to write that much but if so go right ahead. This game does have a "planned" sequel, but other than that there's no new information and apparently Top Cow won't be developing it.

Yes you can post a game that has a "planned" sequel, because that doesn't exactly mean it will happen.

And please do not troll this thread for being so unrelated to K & L. That's why it's off-topic. I'd love to make a thread related to K & L, but seriously, I think just about EVERYTHING has been covered by now.

Edit: Don't worry everyone I have fixed the crisis! The correct developer is now properly listed.

SlashPrower
3rd Jul 2010, 00:56
I'd say Beyond Good and Evil desperately needs a sequel, but I think one's being made.

So, I think there should be a sequel to Psychonauts, since the ending of the game totally set up for one ("The leader of the Psychonauts has been kidnapped! Are you a bad enough dude to save him?").

The plot was about this camp set up to train kids into becoming psychic soldiers. A circus runaway named Rasputin (Raz) crashes the place and gets sucked into a conspiracy involving a mad scientist who makes people sneeze their brains out, an insane asylum, and a giant, mutated lungfish.

I think there should be way more brains to explore, like go around, put the door on random people's heads, and maybe unlock a bonus level. Psychonauts was a genius game and absolutely hilarious, so I don't have much to add on...except that there shouldn't be another Meat Circus (insanely hard level at the end of the game way worse than anything else). Also, make the final boss actually difficult this time.

Keep the NPC conversations up, I liked how if you explored you could overhear all these weird, creepy, surreal things that reveal dark secrets of the other campers (the blue kid with the tinfoil hat talking about how the squirrels tried to get him to kill people, the two insanely happy, peppy campers sitting on a roof and talking calmly about maybe committing suicide or killing a ton of people, the Russian kid acting as hired muscle for the short, wimpy kid who basically became a Mafia don, etc.) Keep all the dark crap, and make sure that there are more levels like The Milkman Conspiracy, which was honestly one of the funniest things I've ever seen/played.

Watch the first part right now. Seriously. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OF7aIWxfgnA

IMPYEMU
3rd Jul 2010, 01:03
I'll do that, thanks for your input the game sounds sickly hilarious, which is something I appreciate.

Edit: It's a little long so It'll take me a bit to respond with what I think of it. In the meantime check out this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DiRBpZi_nhs it's the opening cutscene to The Darkness, it's truly intense.

Brackstone17
3rd Jul 2010, 01:17
The Club. This game had absolutely no plot but it's still one of the most intense games I've ever played. The gameplay is perfect, all that needs to happen is a good story mode and maybe a level creator and the sequel would be everything the original wasn't. Also, it had some pretty awesome box art.

http://cover6.cduniverse.com/CDUCoverArt/Games/Large/7431862.jpg

IMPYEMU
3rd Jul 2010, 01:21
That was pretty good, Psychonauts I mean, my favorite part was the thing with the "Road Crew".

Question though - how was Psychonaust recieved?

IMPYEMU
3rd Jul 2010, 01:28
The Club! Yeah I remember that game, it was pretty intense. Too bad though I think I only played a demo of it and I sucked.

taylornathan2991
3rd Jul 2010, 01:39
http://cucajuegos.tripod.com/imagenes/driver3.jpg
Driver 3 was awesome althoug it was very difficult at times lol gamespot gave it a 5.4/10

IMPYEMU
3rd Jul 2010, 01:41
Ouch, 5.4 is rough.

chaoticd
3rd Jul 2010, 02:13
i could list an entire list of games here, but i will start with one. The multiplayer for Damnation. the campaign was great but had terrible voice acting and major glitches everywhere, but the multiplayer was perfect. i think it got a 5/10.

PS: the darkness is an awsome game.

IMPYEMU
3rd Jul 2010, 02:22
Yeah, I never played Damnation but I heard reviews were harsh.

joe the janitor
3rd Jul 2010, 02:45
I thought Zeno Clash was very good.
You play the child of a hermaphrodite bird-human called Father Mother, and after you find out his/her secret she/he trys to kill you..... It's a brawler/shooter.
This (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I6_SmYAvvR4&feature=related)

IMPYEMU
3rd Jul 2010, 02:50
Yeah I heard about that game. I saw a review of it on X-PLAY the other day. It looked mighty trippy. I can't play it though, it's only on Xbox Live.

joe the janitor
3rd Jul 2010, 02:52
Yeah I heard about that game. I saw a review of it on X-PLAY the other day. It looked mighty trippy. I can't play it though, it's only on Xbox Live.

It's also on steam. To put matter to the fact it was on steam about five months before Xbox Live.

IMPYEMU
3rd Jul 2010, 03:09
Well I don't have a decent computer to play it on either, at least one I can call my own. This is just my laptop that I'm using.

SlashPrower
3rd Jul 2010, 13:52
That was pretty good, Psychonauts I mean, my favorite part was the thing with the "Road Crew".

Question though - how was Psychonaust recieved?

It was universally praised by critics, but didn't sell well at all. I'm one of the few people who bought it. It was an absolutely great game, but just didn't get enough attention.

It's a Tim Schafer game, so of course it was awesome.

GrievousOdyssey
3rd Jul 2010, 15:28
The Club! Yeah I remember that game, it was pretty intense. Too bad though I think I only played a demo of it and I sucked.

Lol we both sucked at the demo ...

The Main theme of the game is by Jesper Kyd , by the way ...

i could list an entire list of games here, but i will start with one. The multiplayer for Damnation. the campaign was great but had terrible voice acting and major glitches everywhere, but the multiplayer was perfect. i think it got a 5/10.

PS: the darkness is an awsome game.

Stop platinuming bad games Bob ...

http://cucajuegos.tripod.com/imagenes/driver3.jpg
Driver 3 was awesome althoug it was very difficult at times lol gamespot gave it a 5.4/10

Driv3r did get a sequel , Parallel Lines , this one was underrated , very underrated ...
Nevertheless it did got a semi sequel on the PSP , Driver 76 ...
And now a new Driver is being made by Ubisoft , and the plot seems to follow Driv3r's Marvelous Ending (seriously though , if Drvi3r had a good thing about it , it was the ending , it's unforgettable) ...

So Driver is off topic ... which is a good thing , i suppose ...

Back on topic ...

The Saboteur ...

It only came out a few months ago , but Pandemic Studios has been shut down even before the game came out , the chance of seeing a continuation to this game is going to be pretty thin ...
What's stupid was that The Saboteur was a hell of a better game than Lord of The Rings Conquest and a lot less glitchy than World in Flames , but apparently it didn't sufficed for EA ... goddamn it ...

BeardedHoplite
3rd Jul 2010, 15:34
The Saboteur ...

It only came out a few months ago , but Pandemic Studios has been shut down even before the game came out , the chance of seeing a continuation to this game is going to be pretty thin ...
What's stupid was that The Saboteur was a hell of a better game than Lord of The Rings Conquest and a lot less glitchy than World in Flames , but apparently it didn't sufficed for EA ... goddamn it ...

Seconded. And I think that one of the FA characters (guy with sleeveless shirt, long shorts and boots) is voiced by the guy who did Sean from the Saboteur

GrievousOdyssey
3rd Jul 2010, 16:03
No doubt , Robin Atkin Downes is all over the place in voice acting ...

MxOAgentJohnson
3rd Jul 2010, 18:46
kane and lynch. oh wait, its already getting a sequel.

Brackstone17
3rd Jul 2010, 18:53
One game I'm not sure about it Deadly Premonition. While I think the game is amazing in every way, I'm just not sure if a sequel is a good idea. What does everyone else think?

GrievousOdyssey
3rd Jul 2010, 22:08
kane and lynch. oh wait, its already getting a sequel.

We're not sure if it's a 'sequel' or a 'spin off' yet ...

Vulture
3rd Jul 2010, 22:20
total overdose
dark sector

they were both good games wish there would be sequels

GrievousOdyssey
3rd Jul 2010, 22:24
Total Overdose did get a sequel ...

Only on the PSP , though ...

3rd Jul 2010, 22:26
psi ops definitely should another game made, I don't know about a sequel but a remake.

GrievousOdyssey
3rd Jul 2010, 22:34
I believe the game didn't become so popular because it was released along the same time as another 'similar' looking game by Free Radicals ... "Second Sights" , was it ? ...

chaoticd
3rd Jul 2010, 22:39
I believe the game didn't become so popular because it was released along the same time as another 'similar' looking game by Free Radicals ... "Second Sights" , was it ? ...

hey, without terrible voice acting in mind, second sight was a great game. i miss free radical.... *grabs tissue* i even enjoyed HAZE when they released it, it wasn't as great as it could have been, but it didnt deserve a 4/10.

GrievousOdyssey
3rd Jul 2010, 22:40
I had a lot more fun playing Haze than Half Life 2 ...

I'm not even kidding ...

JackGordon
3rd Jul 2010, 22:42
I would actually like to see a remake of Nightmare Creatures combined with Nightmare Creatures 2. But this time; extremely scary, extremely gory and with tons of replayability.

GrievousOdyssey
3rd Jul 2010, 22:45
I would actually like to see a remake of Nightmare Creatures combined with Nightmare Creatures 2. But this time; extremely scary, extremely gory and with tons of replayability.

Nightmare creatures ? sounds ...

*checks on Google* ...

HOLY **** I KNOW THAT GAME ...

Sucks it didn't had any goddamn checkpoints though , i think i only got to the Kraken fight ...

JackGordon
3rd Jul 2010, 23:02
The controls were rubbish, though. Finished both games multiple times. Had to import the N64 version from the US if I wanted the best version of the first game.

SlashPrower
3rd Jul 2010, 23:16
Keep the NPC conversations up, I liked how if you explored you could overhear all these weird, creepy, surreal things that reveal dark secrets of the other campers (the blue kid with the tinfoil hat talking about how the squirrels tried to get him to kill people, the two insanely happy, peppy campers sitting on a roof and talking calmly about maybe committing suicide or killing a ton of people, the Russian kid acting as hired muscle for the short, wimpy kid who basically became a Mafia don, etc.) Keep all the dark crap, and make sure that there are more levels like The Milkman Conspiracy, which was honestly one of the funniest things I've ever seen/played.

Played through to look through NPC conversations again. This game is darker than I remembered. Let's go through a huge summary:

Campers:
The two really happy campers (Clem and Crystal)were planning a duel ritualistic suicide, while the wimpy kid (Maloof) made a deal with the Russian kid (Mikhail) to keep him from being bullied. He wires Coach Oleander's car to explode and has Mikhail beat a bully half to death. Milka learned how to turn invisible since her mother hated to look at her.

Coaches:
Coach Oleander liked to raise rabbits as a kid, but his butcher father figured that rabbits were only good as meat and butchered them in front of him. Ford had his mind shattered in a psychic battle, and is only sane when near huge amounts of psitanium. Milla worked at an orphanage as sort of a surrogate mother to the kids, but the orphanage burned down one day (she eventually coped with the loss and is very protective of the campers). Sasha's mother died when he was a baby, and he read his father's mind to learn about her only to be rather traumatized when he came across some of the...less clean thoughts.

Asylum Characters:
Boyd was a security guard who was fired, went insane, and burned down his place of employment with molotov cocktails. Gloria struggled to become a great actress like her abusive mother, trying to become great under very cruel teachers. When she did become a great actress, her mother killed herself due to Gloria becoming more important than her, causing her to go insane.

God damn this game was dark. It's amazing, all the crap I didn't notice before.

joe the janitor
4th Jul 2010, 00:21

I'm not even kidding ...

GET OUT NOW!
I'm sorry just... Haze had bad graphics, spoiled the story on the back of the box, and had extremly cliched moments.
What happened? Was someone hiring homeless people to fire nerf guns at the back of your head while you were playing Half Life 2?! It's just.... I don't understand people anymore :poke:

MxOAgentJohnson
4th Jul 2010, 00:23
GET OUT NOW!
I'm sorry just... Haze had bad graphics, spoiled the story on the back of the box, and had extremly cliched moments.
What happened? Was someone hiring homeless people to fire nerf guns at the back of your head while you were playing Half Life 2?! It's just.... I don't understand people anymore :poke:

x2 i dont understand you grievous.

GrievousOdyssey
4th Jul 2010, 00:25
Actually it's a little bit more like this ...

Haze > Path of the Furons > The Return of Matt Hazard > Blacksite > Half Life 2 ...

I did liked Episode 2 though , that one made a whole lot more sense ...

joe the janitor
4th Jul 2010, 00:26
Actually it's a little bit more like this ...

Haze > Path of the Furons > The Return of Matt Hazard > Blacksite > Half Life 2 ...

I did liked Episode 2 though , that one made a whole lot more sense ...

*me crying*

GrievousOdyssey
4th Jul 2010, 00:30
It's not my fault if the game had to load every five minutes and cardboard boxes that fell out of nowhere could kill Gordon even if he had a hundred percent health and armor whereas getting shot by plasma guns or whathever doesn't do that much damage ...

And it's stupid how no matter how good or bad you play you always getting shot anywya ...

My favorite moment of the game was ironically one of players least favorite moments ... Ravenholm ...

joe the janitor
4th Jul 2010, 00:36
It's not my fault if the game had to load every five minutes and cardboard boxes that fell out of nowhere could kill Gordon even if he had a hundred percent health and armor whereas getting shot by plasma guns or whathever doesn't do that much damage ...

And it's stupid how no matter how good or bad you play you always getting shot anywya ...

My favorite moment of the game was ironically one of players least favorite moments ... Ravenholm ...
Ravenholm LEAST FAVORITE?! That was one of the best parts of the game! And never has a cardboard box killed me in Half Life 2. Maybe thats just the PS3 version....

MxOAgentJohnson
4th Jul 2010, 00:50
Ravenholm LEAST FAVORITE?! That was one of the best parts of the game! And never has a cardboard box killed me in Half Life 2. Maybe thats just the PS3 version....

PS3 orange box is very, VERY buggy, gabe newell hates ps3. But since portal 2 sony are helping Valve move into the console more.

GrievousOdyssey
4th Jul 2010, 01:03
Gamplay buggyness is one thing , idiotic storyline is another ...

So even on the PC the story is sheat ...

joe the janitor
4th Jul 2010, 05:43
Gamplay buggyness is one thing , idiotic storyline is another ...

So even on the PC the story is sheat ...

*Me aiming 40mm gernade launcher at Grievous's house*

You know it sold so well because of the story?! It's still being prased as one of the best told video games! What's Hazes story. OH YA! Drug-addled mercenaries wearing glowing power armor trudging through the jungle with guns that want to use the plants there for some sort of herowin drug to help the soldiers fight. Yup your right, thats a good story.

Edit: Although it did have a semi original story, it still was let down by having zero memorable characters.

Bevacur
4th Jul 2010, 11:32
The Suffering Ties that Bind.

I want to know what happens to Torque, i mean does he go insane? Who is in control, and also where do the monsters come from?! Is he hallucinating or are they actually real?

GrievousOdyssey
4th Jul 2010, 14:00
You know it sold so well because of the story?! It's still being prased as one of the best told video games! What's Hazes story. OH YA! Drug-addled mercenaries wearing glowing power armor trudging through the jungle with guns that want to use the plants there for some sort of herowin drug to help the soldiers fight. Yup your right, thats a good story.

Oh yeah ? Well six out of ten reviewers criticized Kane & Lynch for just about everything , i'm guessing they're right too ! ...
And so are the hundreds of people still praising James Cameron for his 'vision' ...

Hell you want me to talk about Half Life 2's story ? some man is believed to be a genuine living symbol of Freedom from Tyranny , as he walks around in the sewers he somehow inspired people to fight back by grabbing rocket launchers and shooting at alien tripods machines oh god what the **** is this ? ...
Then there was Judith Mossman who betrays Vance , then no actually she doesn't want anymore , and then no wait she's back , i don't care ...
Father Gregori was the only character who made sense , unfortunately not only his role was short but quite frankly , what was the point of his character in this game ? ...
I mean jesus , i was already amazed to see that the first Half Life was such a critical success , but after playing Half Life 2 ? i can call the first Half Life a masterpiece Any Day ...

The voice acting was very good and the facial animation too , i'll give you that much ...

You also seem to miss the point of Haze , it wasn't about Soldiers grabbing flowers to make them go nuts , that was a subplot acting as a common critique that we would have about some rage-infused soldiers that still thinks that war is cool , which is why they all have a severe breakdown at the first sight of blood , but anywya , Haze was about the fact that in present time , 'war' and 'conflitcs' are just two factions fighting each other all wanting the same power , each of them would then justify it as wanting to bring 'peace' and 'save' the people , in the end , as a simple soldier , you can only be on one of the two sides with none of them being actually better than the other ...
While indeed this plot point could have been done a bit better , i believe coming from Free Radicals , who mostly did these humoristic TimeSplitters , it was a nice welcoming dramatic change , and sure as hell made a lot more sense than a shotgun wielding scientist ... you seriously expect me to take Gordon Freeman seriously ? hell , in my opinion , he's actually laughing at all the freedom fighters and abusing his symbol of power ... which could make the story a bit better , but since this was never hinted , the story of Half Life 2 remains a simple justification to shoot down helicopters , zombies , drive a car for no reason , and spot a briefcase wielding crow-like person every now and then , and yet they had to put in all these bright 'philosophical' ideas (like Bioshock) to pretend that it can make things look Smarter ...

The Suffering Ties that Bind.

I want to know what happens to Torque, i mean does he go insane? Who is in control, and also where do the monsters come from?! Is he hallucinating or are they actually real?

Naughty Bear dreamed it all ...

IMPYEMU
4th Jul 2010, 15:19
One game I'm not sure about it Deadly Premonition. While I think the game is amazing in every way, I'm just not sure if a sequel is a good idea. What does everyone else think?

Deadly Premonition isn't really underrated, reviews have been mostly positive for it.

I didn't play it though, so I would not know if a sequel wold work. But if you have an idea for one, post it here!

BeardedHoplite
4th Jul 2010, 15:21
Also, Syphon Filter should get a proper, current-gen sequel/remake. The PSP games were a shooty Splinter Cell that was too dark (not story-wise, lighting-wise). The sprit of the original trilogy on the PS1 needs to be brought back.

IMPYEMU
4th Jul 2010, 15:22

I'm not even kidding ...

I liked Haze, I don't know why everyone thought it was so bad. Sure it was flawed, but there are much worse games than Haze.

chaoticd
4th Jul 2010, 16:14
I liked Haze, I don't know why everyone thought it was so bad. Sure it was flawed, but there are much worse games than Haze.

i think the forum agreement is that HAZE wasn't that bad. I for one loved the 4 player coop and vehicle segments. the multiplayer was what makes me love it so much though. Example: reble team imprissoned in camp with mantel team watching them. in camp, mantel cant shoot rebels. rebels are handcuffed. rebels can kick mantel. when they leave the base, a siren goes off. if a rebel escapes and calls in a helicopter, he gets all his guns and is sent to save the other rebels. that is a brilliant multiplayer game. 1/12

GrievousOdyssey
4th Jul 2010, 16:26
One out of Twelve ? ...

joe the janitor
4th Jul 2010, 20:40
Oh yeah ? Well six out of ten reviewers criticized Kane & Lynch for just about everything , i'm guessing they're right too ! ...
And so are the hundreds of people still praising James Cameron for his 'vision' ...

Ok, good point. You are right about that.

Hell you want me to talk about Half Life 2's story ? some man is believed to be a genuine living symbol of Freedom from Tyranny , as he walks around in the sewers he somehow inspired people to fight back by grabbing rocket launchers and shooting at alien tripods machines oh god what the **** is this ? ...
Then there was Judith Mossman who betrays Vance , then no actually she doesn't want anymore , and then no wait she's back , i don't care ...
Father Gregori was the only character who made sense , unfortunately not only his role was short but quite frankly , what was the point of his character in this game ? ...
I mean jesus , i was already amazed to see that the first Half Life was such a critical success , but after playing Half Life 2 ? i can call the first Half Life a masterpiece Any Day ...

The voice acting was very good and the facial animation too , i'll give you that much ...

You also seem to miss the point of Haze , it wasn't about Soldiers grabbing flowers to make them go nuts , that was a subplot acting as a common critique that we would have about some rage-infused soldiers that still thinks that war is cool , which is why they all have a severe breakdown at the first sight of blood , but anywya , Haze was about the fact that in present time , 'war' and 'conflitcs' are just two factions fighting each other all wanting the same power , each of them would then justify it as wanting to bring 'peace' and 'save' the people , in the end , as a simple soldier , you can only be on one of the two sides with none of them being actually better than the other ...
While indeed this plot point could have been done a bit better , i believe coming from Free Radicals , who mostly did these humoristic TimeSplitters , it was a nice welcoming dramatic change , and sure as hell made a lot more sense than a shotgun wielding scientist ... you seriously expect me to take Gordon Freeman seriously ? hell , in my opinion , he's actually laughing at all the freedom fighters and abusing his symbol of power ... which could make the story a bit better , but since this was never hinted , the story of Half Life 2 remains a simple justification to shoot down helicopters , zombies , drive a car for no reason , and spot a briefcase wielding crow-like person every now and then , and yet they had to put in all these bright 'philosophical' ideas (like Bioshock) to pretend that it can make things look Smarter ...

Don't type SO MUCH. You have no idea how hard it is to respond to critisism that five paragraphs long! That almost seems like what you are trying to do. Type so much that it us almost impossible to respond in a compelling way. So.... what do I say? Both of our opinoins are EXTREMLY biased. You show a lot of support for Free Radical (I'm also a big fan of timesplitters ;) ). And admit it, this "the story of Half Life 2 remains a simple justification to shoot down helicopters , zombies , drive a car for no reason , and spot a briefcase wielding crow-like person every now and then" is totally wrong, and unjustified.

GrievousOdyssey
4th Jul 2010, 20:49
Indeed , i tend to fail miserably at justifying the most obvious of things ...

Brackstone17
4th Jul 2010, 23:49
Star Wars Bounty Hunter. This game rocked and I can't imagine it being any better considering the time it was made. A sequel would certainly be better that whatever Force Unleashed drivel they release next.

Bevacur
4th Jul 2010, 23:52
Raze's Hell was very underated and i wish it got a sequal.

GrievousOdyssey
5th Jul 2010, 00:18
Star Wars Bounty Hunter. This game rocked and I can't imagine it being any better considering the time it was made. A sequel would certainly be better that whatever Force Unleashed drivel they release next.

I never got past the Canyon part where you had to jump all over the place , but i did remembered somehow finishing the game ... weird ...

And we need more scenes between Zam Wessel and Jango ! ...

Anywya , Bounty Hunter and Republic Commandos , NEED SEQUELS NOW ...

And Battlefront III while we're at it ...

Bevacur
5th Jul 2010, 00:21
I'm with you on the Republic Commando sequal. Give it a darker story, maybe make it jumpy, not survival horror but make the aliens look creepy.

GrievousOdyssey
5th Jul 2010, 00:23
Not too much though , or people will start screaming about how it looks too much like Dead Space ...

Brackstone17
5th Jul 2010, 00:27
I never got past the Canyon part where you had to jump all over the place , but i did remembered somehow finishing the game ... weird ...

And we need more scenes between Zam Wessel and Jango ! ...

Anywya , Bounty Hunter and Republic Commandos , NEED SEQUELS NOW ...

And Battlefront III while we're at it ...
The canyon part was tough, but I like my games tough. It wasn't as bad as that Longo Two Guns level though. That thing was hard yet all kinds of fun.
Believe it or not, I only beat that game last year, I left it a good few years and went back to it. Marathoned it in a day, I was happy. I know there were level cheat codes, so maybe that's why you remember beating it.

I only want a Battlefront 3 if it is more along the lines of the first one though.

Bevacur
5th Jul 2010, 00:27
Exactly. They nailed the atmosphere great in the first game, loved the ghost ship level.
I wish and hope they make the sequel for mature gamers. Not exactly a 18+ but maybe go for a 15+. Blood and swearing in a Star Wars game was unbelieveable.

I think the devs were going for a darker story in the first game.

GrievousOdyssey
5th Jul 2010, 00:33
Cheat codes ? Me ? Never ...
I must have had a blackout when i passed the canyons then ...
Hell , completing the Prison part was already a achievement for me ...
By the way did you found lots of bounty though ? ...

Republic Commando was the last game i bought for my PC , i'm so glad i finished my PC gaming with that , it was epic , it takes place in a universe we all know but under a new perspective , it's so dumb and cheesy one's got to wonder how come they never thought about this before ? ...

There wasn't even a single piece of soundtrack from John Williams , all were original scores (trivia : same composer who did Bounty Hunter's theme and The Force Unleashed) ...

Of course i'll go bat**** crazy by thinking of the ending again ...

Brackstone17
5th Jul 2010, 00:43
I think I got about 75% of the bounties. That was my favourite part of the game. That and fighting space tigers while using a jetpack.

GrievousOdyssey
5th Jul 2010, 00:48
The space tigers were too easy , compare to Jaba's guards they were too easy ...

For the bounties i got a little too impatient over the second half of the game and just shot at everything ...

I think i should replay the game now , my gaming skills and patience must have improved since the last time i played ... this and Red Dead Revolver ...

I would have replayed Republic Commando if my computer wasn't such a mess now ... but i think i can still run Jedi Knight ... Marvelous ...

Well , that and Toy Story 2 ...

Brackstone17
5th Jul 2010, 00:51
I find that games I couldn't beat in the past seam easier to me now, but in some games that I used to be awesome at I am now terrible. It makes little sense.

Jabba's guards ain't got nothing on space tigers.

IMPYEMU
5th Jul 2010, 00:55
I think i should replay the game now , my gaming skills and patience must have improved since the last time i played ... this and Red Dead Revolver ...

Red Dead Revolver, now that was an underrated game that deserved a sequel. Not the oh-so-popular let-down and "spiritual successor" Redemption. It needed a real - Spaghetti Western, stylized sequel.

Brackstone17
5th Jul 2010, 00:58
Red Dead Revolver, now that was an underrated game that deserved a sequel. Not the oh-so-popular let-down and "spiritual successor" Redemption. It needed a real - Spaghetti Western, stylized sequel.
I agree in a way. As awesome and amazing as Red Dead Redemption is, it's a completely different game. A proper sequel, with the over the top and zany style, would be great.

That and I still miss poker themed deathmatch.

GrievousOdyssey
5th Jul 2010, 01:00
I find that games I couldn't beat in the past seam easier to me now, but in some games that I used to be awesome at I am now terrible. It makes little sense.

Jabba's guards ain't got nothing on space tigers.

Don't worry about it , happens to me all the time , this is especially true with Grand Theft Auto titles , the missions that get past on my first playthrough easily , i have to replay it twelve times before beating it on my second playthrough , and vice versa ...

Oh and all you need to do with them tigers is jump fly backward while repeatedly shooting ...

I know what you mean , i think ...
I haven't played Redemption yet but it does seem more like a sequel to GUN than Revolver ...

We could say the same thing for Dog Days to Dead Men though , anywya we'll see ...

IMPYEMU
5th Jul 2010, 01:01
I agree in a way. As awesome and amazing as Red Dead Redemption is, it's a completely different game. A proper sequel, with the over the top and zany style, would be great.

That and I still miss poker themed deathmatch.

Truer words have never been said...

Brackstone17
5th Jul 2010, 01:02
Oh and all you need to do with them tigers is jump fly backward while repeatedly shooting ...

You don't even need to do that with Jabba's guards. Circle strafe and you're good. Also, Jabba's guards don't have a habbit of leaping 20 feet at you from off screen.

IMPYEMU
5th Jul 2010, 01:08
Redemption is in no way a bad game. But it is a let-down. In two ways...

1.) It isn't a sequel to Revolver. It isn't as funny or cool, or as stylized. It's not as memorable either.

2.) It isn't better than Grand Theft Auto IV, a game that it borrows heavily from. It isn't as revolutionary to games, the story is not near as good, and it's just all around not as big or epic as GTA IV.

And another thing. I'm sick of people praising it like it's the best and only western game ever made. I even once saw a video review where the reviewer said "forget games like Gun or Red Dead Revolver ever happend..." My jaw literally dropped.

Edit: Maybe it's just because I prefer The Good, The Bad, And The Ugly over The Searchers any day.

Brackstone17
5th Jul 2010, 01:12
I thought the story is one of the best so far and the gameplay was pretty good too. I don't think it's a let down at all, it's just different.

IMPYEMU
5th Jul 2010, 01:20
Oh c'mon, it was a story full of cliches and obvious plot twists. It wasn't that great. You could predict almost every outcome of each ingame event.

The gameplay is good though, I'll grant it that.

Brackstone17
5th Jul 2010, 01:25
Oh c'mon, it was a story full of cliches and obvious plot twists. It wasn't that great. You could predict almost every outcome of each ingame event.

The gameplay is good though, I'll grant it that.
I disagree completely. I think the story, while not the most original, was very well done. I didn't see that many cliches. It is one of the few games that actual has a character arc, and that is something I think is very important.

IMPYEMU
5th Jul 2010, 01:27
Okay, okay. I won't discuss it anymore.

Have you or anyone else here ever played Turok? The latest one.

Edit: It wasn't necessarily underrated, but it wasn't exactly praised either. The one positive thing about it's weak ending was that it left the door open for a sequel.

Brackstone17
5th Jul 2010, 01:29
Okay, okay. I won't discuss it anymore.

Have you or anyone else here ever played Turok? The latest one.
Yes, I quite liked it actually. Haven't beaten it yet, but it's pretty fun.

joe the janitor
5th Jul 2010, 01:38
Indeed , i tend to fail miserably at justifying the most obvious of things ...
Wait is that sarcasm.... AHHHHHHHHH I can't tell! get out of my head, get out of my head

IMPYEMU
5th Jul 2010, 01:41
It is, isn't it?

Not enough games have Dinosaurs.

My favorite thing about the game though was it's multiplayer. Which is strange because I ususally prefer a game's campaign mode. But Turok's multiplayer...

It was truly something else. I've never had more fun with multiplayer than I did with Turok.

There isn't another game I know of where just getting across the map meant crossing through velociraptor infested pathways, or where you can make the ultimate most that guy kill in a video game, following an enemy player whose captured the flag and is bringing it back to the base, equipping your knife to make you run faster and then attack the player, activating a swift and brutal execution mini-cutscene, where you shove your blade through his skull.

Epic.

GrievousOdyssey
5th Jul 2010, 04:52
Shove blades through someone's skull ? man that's kindergarden **** compared to Lego Batman , in that game , you can punch at enemie's face and their head flies off ! Head Off The Body !!! ...

And it's rated T for TEEN ...

YoungZer0
5th Jul 2010, 10:51
"The Darkness"-Developed by Top Cow and Published by 2K.

Dude, are you serious? Top Cow is a comic publisher, not a Game developer.

Starbreeze Studios is the developer behind the game.

Bevacur
5th Jul 2010, 12:34
Starbreeze. The legends who also made Chronicles of Riddick.

GrievousOdyssey
5th Jul 2010, 14:10
I thought something was wrong when i saw the name 'Top Cow' ...

taylornathan2991
5th Jul 2010, 16:54
Crackdown2 got a 7.5 on IGN and a 7.0 on gamespot. Thats stupid because, I think there doin that so people will just buy the mainstream media games like Halo and call of duty(its like some sort of monoply). I personally thought the crackdown2 demo was a BLAST and then gamespot complained about the narrator...thats the freakin point of the game your being controlled by the head of the agency; of coarse the narrator is going to be saying stuff to you the entire time. They seriously are just monpolizing games like halo and cod.

GrievousOdyssey
5th Jul 2010, 17:00
Well that's not kosher ! ...

taylornathan2991
5th Jul 2010, 17:04
Well that's not kosher ! ...

lol well i guess its not legitimate, but its just very odd how they rate games nowadays.

IMPYEMU
5th Jul 2010, 18:03
Dude, are you serious? Top Cow is a comic publisher, not a Game developer.

Starbreeze Studios is the developer behind the game.

Well I was trying to remember things about the game and I remembered the Top Cow logo before the game started. Yeah I know they weren't the developer now.

Was it that big of a deal? I mean really did it demand you asking "seriously"?

There a better things to comnplain about. Don't worry, I'll fix this crisis.

IMPYEMU
5th Jul 2010, 18:05
Shove blades through someone's skull ? man that's kindergarden **** compared to Lego Batman , in that game , you can punch at enemie's face and their head flies off ! Head Off The Body !!! ...

And it's rated T for TEEN ...

O rly? I've seen more violence in Sly Cooper!

IMPYEMU
5th Jul 2010, 18:07
I thought something was wrong when i saw the name 'Top Cow' ...

Like I said. I got the names mixed up.

GrievousOdyssey
5th Jul 2010, 18:19

I'm noticing that you get offended very easily sir , please be calm ...

O rly? I've seen more violence in Sly Cooper!

Yeah ... i think you missed the point , but whatever ...

IMPYEMU
5th Jul 2010, 18:25
Maybe, but I find "seriously" a litte unecessary for one little mistake.

Whatever. That was just my feeble attempt at humor.

2Rare2Die
5th Jul 2010, 22:09
Thought Prototype Was Underrated even though it sold 2+ Million Copies... It should get a Second game cause of the Words the main character said after the credits.. ;)

Bevacur
5th Jul 2010, 22:11
Thought Prototype Was Underrated even though it sold 2+ Million Copies... It should get a Second game cause of the Words the main character said after the credits.. ;)

THIS TIMES 1000.

Prototype was so amazing, there needs to be a sequel soon i hope.

Also Bully should get a sequel.

JackGordon
5th Jul 2010, 22:18
Agreed.

YoungZer0
5th Jul 2010, 22:38
Well I was trying to remember things about the game and I remembered the Top Cow logo before the game started. Yeah I know they weren't the developer now.

I just think it's disrespectful. And it happens way too often. A lot of people don't seem to know the difference between developer and publisher. That's all. That's like saying, "Oh, wow, Kane & Lynch is such a great game, Eidos did great!"

GrievousOdyssey
5th Jul 2010, 22:54
"Oh, wow, Kane & Lynch is such a great game, Eidos did great!"

Actually this could work , if you interpret it in the sarcastic way ...

ohitspatty
5th Jul 2010, 22:55

THIS TIMES 1000.
Seriously, thought we need Bully 2.

IMPYEMU
5th Jul 2010, 23:31
I just think it's disrespectful. And it happens way too often. A lot of people don't seem to know the difference between developer and publisher. That's all. That's like saying, "Oh, wow, Kane & Lynch is such a great game, Eidos did great!"

Well I got the Publisher right, didn't it? I think I earn points for that.

IMPYEMU
5th Jul 2010, 23:34
THIS TIMES 1000.

Prototype was so amazing, there needs to be a sequel soon i hope.

If Prototype gets a sequel, they need to hire better writers.

With you on Bully. I can't think of a good concept for a sequel though.

GrievousOdyssey
5th Jul 2010, 23:46
Well I got the Publisher right, didn't it? I think I earn points for that.

Yeah , i want some fries with that too ? ...

Brackstone17
6th Jul 2010, 00:01
Too Human. Some hated it, but I loved it. I thought the controls were fine and the story and setting surprisingly entertaining for what is basically a dungeon crawl game.

IMPYEMU
6th Jul 2010, 06:22

Random much?

ohitspatty
6th Jul 2010, 07:51
Random much?

You don't even know...

GrievousOdyssey
6th Jul 2010, 12:12
Random much?

Well you seem to think that you 'earned' points just for getting the publishers name right , thought you might want some fries while you're at it ...

But indeed , fries is not the same thing as points , how about stars then ? ...

You don't even know...

So why isn't New Vegas called Fallout 4 ? ...

GrievousOdyssey
6th Jul 2010, 12:14

*repeatedly slams the keyboard in a way that would have made the german kid proud* ...

IMPYEMU
6th Jul 2010, 16:31
Well if getting names right is so important then yeah I do think I earned points for getting the name right.

GrievousOdyssey
6th Jul 2010, 16:32
Well if it getting names right is so important then yeah I do think I earned points for getting the name right.

Indeed , good point ...

GrievousOdyssey
7th Jul 2010, 01:49
Does anyone remember a game that was on Macintosh , more than a decade ago , it was a top down 2D game where you played as a toy action guy who had a green shirt , and his goal was to get back White Bunnies ...
He needed batteries to refill your health and each level had a different theme zone , one was with dinosaurs , one was in a toy shop with enemy wolves , and after you captured back all your white bunnies in a level , the action guy will then use his jet boots and fly off ! ...

IMPYEMU
7th Jul 2010, 01:52
Does anyone remember a game that was on Macintosh , more than a decade ago , it was a top down 2D game where you played as a toy action guy who had a green shirt , and his goal was to get back White Bunnies ...
He needed batteries to refill your health and each level had a different theme zone , one was with dinosaurs , one was in a toy shop with enemy wolves , and after you captured back all your white bunnies in a level , the action guy will then use his jet boots and fly off ! ...

I don't know it but it sounds like the best game EVAR!

GrievousOdyssey
7th Jul 2010, 02:11
It's too bad i can't find it , i've found a list of Macintosh games on wikipedia but i can't find it from the titles alone ... anywya ...

I did remembered then a PC game i enjoyed quite alot , Pacific Warriors ...

http://www.sg.hu/kep/2000_11/pacific_warriors_demohir1112_02.jpg

All you had to do was destroy your targerts and try not to get shot down yourself , allwhile risking your life collecting them ammo power-up , first it makes your machine gun fire faster , then more lethal , then it adds two more machine guns , and again , and finally , it switches to proton bombs ...

To my greatest surprise however , i just found out not five minutes ago that a Sequel did came out in 2004 , on the PS2 i might add ! ...
But the fact that i never hear of this sequel before just goes to show how underrated this series is ...

GrievousOdyssey
28th Jul 2010, 05:34
Hello ? ...

Damn , i didn't knew the old topics would have been the cleanest place around here ...

So i was checking up on the gaming news i've been missing in the past four days and i found this ...

http://www.ps3trophies.org/news/news-1391-Resume-Hints-That-Digital-Extremes-Are-Developing-The-Darkness-2.html

Which could put this topic's title to shame ! ... DAMN ...

petersjov
30th Jul 2010, 10:52
SWAT: Global Strike Team for Xbox

Well...just thought of it, its not on the list of old xbox games that work on the 360...i may be alone, but i would love a sequel

anyone knows if theold one would run on a x360 ?

GrievousOdyssey
30th Jul 2010, 16:06
anyone knows if theold one would run on a x360 ?

Why don't you pop the disc in yourself and see if it works ? ...

If your house blows up in the process we'll all find out about it in the news , and be sure to warn other people not to put that game into 360s ...

Brackstone17
30th Jul 2010, 22:10
http://xboxmedia.ign.com/xbox/image/object/495/495976/645580boxart_160w.jpg

The Pirates of the Caribbean. The one for the xbox and pc that had absolutely nothing to do with the movies other than the narrator being Keira Knightley. A proper sequel to that game would be easily the greatest pirate game of all time and possibly one of the greatest rpgs of all time.

IMPYEMU
31st Jul 2010, 01:54
Well there is a new Pirates game coming out called "Armadaa of the Damned" y'know.

It isn't a sequel to that, but it is a "Pirates" universe-themed RPG game.

IMPYEMU
31st Jul 2010, 02:07
So i was checking up on the gaming news i've been missing in the past four days and i found this ...

http://www.ps3trophies.org/news/news-1391-Resume-Hints-That-Digital-Extremes-Are-Developing-The-Darkness-2.html

Which could put this topic's title to shame ! ... DAMN ...

Interesting. I can't say they picked the best developer in the world for the game, but, at least It's more information which is always good to hear.

Brackstone17
31st Jul 2010, 04:07
That one looks more like fable than the one I'm talking about, but I still have my eye on it.

petersjov
7th Aug 2010, 16:40
wheelman, does not have to feature vin disel, but the driving/shooting was great !!! - our daughter, likes looking for lions ;-)

Bevacur
7th Aug 2010, 18:22
Wheelma was awesome, shame about no multiplayer though.

I'm considering buying a Ps3 and i was looking at Haze and Killzone2. Both look like good fun.

TheUnKnowN
7th Aug 2010, 20:41
Sequels i would love to see. Freedom fighters, lord of the rings battle for middle earth 2.

Bevacur
7th Aug 2010, 21:23
Republic Commando 2, Raze's Hell 2, Duneon Keeper 3, Populous the beginning sequel and The Suffering 3.

SovietAmerika
9th Aug 2010, 00:14
Shadow Ops:Red Mercury that deserves a sequel,great blockbuster action movie style.I agree The Darkness 2 should happen,i remember buying that all my friends thought it sucked i loved it though.FFVII(well a remake not a sequel,or just release it on XBLA)and that 4 player co-op dungeons and dragons that was a great game if you had a few friends over.

JackGordon
9th Aug 2010, 23:17
Felt like playing a PS1 title tonight and went through my collection only to rediscover Cardinal Syn (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cardinal_Syn).
That game is unbelievably underrated and it had a KILLER soundtrack (here (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6qdyCRwSrFs) and here (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=668d-KVeg4E)). This one definitely deserves a sequel or perhaps even a remake with a better storyline.

BeardedHoplite
10th Aug 2010, 02:18
Shadow Ops:Red Mercury

Game was a bit bland and had UFC-like loading times. But not as bad as the 5.5 it received from GameInformer.
I'd dig a sequel.

GrievousOdyssey
29th Aug 2010, 23:25
There's this danish game that came out recently , tells the tales of two hobos being shot at for two days and night , it's not a majestic work of art , but it's got some quality in it alright , apparently the game isn't doing so well , which could 'force' them danish boys and gals to abandon this particular franchise ...

It's called Cyclop & Black Guy 2: Hobo Furies , sequel to Tom & Jerry: Hardcore ...

I say i deserves a sequel : Asian dude & Ellipses: Hug Time ...

IMPYEMU
30th Aug 2010, 14:24
There's this danish game that came out recently , tells the tales of two hobos being shot at for two days and night , it's not a majestic work of art , but it's got some quality in it alright , apparently the game isn't doing so well , which could 'force' them danish boys and gals to abandon this particular franchise ...

It's called Cyclop & Black Guy 2: Hobo Furies , sequel to Tom & Jerry: Hardcore ...

I say i deserves a sequel : Asian dude & Ellipses: Hug Time ...

Amen to that.

VegaSagatBison
30th Aug 2010, 15:16
Sequels i would love to see. Freedom fighters

It will probably never happen. EA owns the Freedom Fighters license.

GrievousOdyssey
30th Aug 2010, 15:18
IO can always ... change the title ... no ? ...

GrievousOdyssey
15th Sep 2010, 10:34
GamesRadar makes a couple of interesting point on 'why' we need a sequel to Canis Canem Edit/Bully ...

http://www.gamesradar.com/f/why-rockstar-needs-to-make-bully-2/a-20100913153622300020

GrievousOdyssey
17th Sep 2010, 23:16
Lol today for some reason i started thinking about Haze , and then thought that "hey , i never mentionned Haze in this topic" , then i just finished checking and i see we already had a lengthy discussion on Haze in the first forty seven posts , hololololololololol ...

BUT , in some way i was right , while we did mentionned Haze in here , we never said it's a game that deserves a sequel ...

Well now i said it , i saved the day yet again from myself , the world should build a whole town to honor my bravery ...

IMPYEMU
15th Oct 2010, 23:48
Haze is a game whose sequel I'd check out :)

JackGordon
16th Oct 2010, 00:01
Yes, with even more retarded dialogue and characters (http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/unskippable/785-Haze)!

GrievousOdyssey
16th Oct 2010, 00:40
Haze is a game whose sequel I'd check out :)

Where the hell have you been ! ...
Or maybe i'm just hallucinating again ...

IMPYEMU
23rd Oct 2010, 12:40
Oh Grievous I've been on the run from the Chinese hitmen all this time and I just got back to the states!

Bevacur
23rd Oct 2010, 17:02
Shoulda took the helicopter, you didn't know her anyway...

IMPYEMU
24th Oct 2010, 17:25
Damnit Bevacur, your right . . .

Bevacur
25th Oct 2010, 11:53
Lynch always tells the correct answer, even when he is wrong.

GrievousOdyssey
31st Oct 2010, 15:30
Since when do i not always speak the truth ? ...

IMPYEMU
1st Nov 2010, 23:44
What a deceitful thing for you to say . . .

GrievousOdyssey
9th Nov 2010, 03:19
**** ! i've been unmasked ! ...

ohitspatty
9th Nov 2010, 03:29
**** ! i've been unmasked ! ...

http://static.tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pub/images/phantom_scooby_doo_unmask_1_1750.jpg

GrievousOdyssey
9th Nov 2010, 03:37
THERE ! YOU SEE ? ...

I told you guys i wasn't asian ! ...

JackGordon
9th Nov 2010, 07:29
You're still a monkey.

GrievousOdyssey
9th Nov 2010, 16:37
I'm a mixture of buffalo , ram , wolf , and persian sands ...

So that makes me Gengis Khan ...

JackGordon
11th Nov 2010, 00:18
Ecco: Defender of the Future deserves a sequel. There is some footage on youtube of a supposed cancelled sequel. Bring Ecco back from oblivion.

Evil Twin: Cyprien's Chronicles. This dark little platformer had a sweet McGee's Alice feel to it. Unfortunately it was plagued by abysmal camera controls and poor voice acting, soundtrack was awesome though. A remake or a sequel with improvements would be nice.

ShadowMan deserves a reboot but not a sequel because ShadowMan 2: Second Coming sucked balls.

IMPYEMU
11th Nov 2010, 02:50
The original Red Dead Revolver deserves a DIRECT/FAITHFUL sequel not the spiritual successor that is Red Dead Redemption.

I want more SPAGHETTI

GrievousOdyssey
16th Nov 2010, 01:02
Rising Sun and European Assault ...

These two console Medal of Honor games weren't exactly underrated since , well , they weren't so good to begin with ...

But nevertheless they had potential , lots of it , and i'm sure with today's technology they can evolve into something flawless and great ...
Then again that new Medal of Honor game was rated as still being a glitchy and unsatisfying experience despite having shiny graphics ... oh well ...

European Assault had this idea of giving optional mission objectives , so you can operate as you wish on a given map ...
It's kind of like how some of us envisioned the level design for Kane & Lynch III , well European Assault showed that the thing Can Work and be fun as well ... just needs polish ... ... ... then again we better not count on it with IO ... oh well ...

And as for Rising Sun ... i think this game actually influenced Bioshock a bit ...
No really , play the first level , as well as watching the intro cinematic for the second level ...
I mean it just freaked me out , walking down the hallway with that old song echoing around ? ... Whoa ...

Apart from that small trivia , why does it deserve a sequel ? well because the vision the developers had for this game was really ahead of its time ! ...
While the gameplay was quite 'meh' , it is in the scripted sequences that you see some genius in it , fact it could have also influenced the recent Call of Duties with these scripted and sudden cinematic moments , i have no doubt about it ...
It's also when you unlock the storyboard videos that you get to see what did the developers wanted each level to look like in the begining , and then see how much it had changed in the final product ... sometimes they just altered a couple of sequences , others , well , you can easily guess that what they wanted to achieve just wasn't possible with the technical limitaion imposed to them at that time ... Dynamic lightning , motion captured acting and so forth ...

Not to mention that Rising Sun Was suppose to have a sequel (the game purposely ended on a cliffhanger note , leaving a full year before the capitulation of Japan , alot of things could have happened , not to mention two mighty bombs) , but due to the poor receptions they just pulled the plug ... and now that they've decided to tackle into the Afghan Days , chances of returning to the empire of the sun and finish the fight is almost nonexistant ...

Rising Sun is going to be left in history as one of the least exciting Medal of Honor games to play , but i think it should also be remembered for the ideas it had , not to mention the great bonus features and replay values it demanded ... ... ... i mean some Danish folks might want to take notes , we do like watching storyboard videos and replaying levels in order to unlock previously locked rooms , don't we ? ...

Also note that both games were THX certified games , how come they don't make these no more ? ...
Weird considering how with the improvement of sound quality with this generation's consoles it should have meant Much More of these THX certified games ...

Anywya , as a side note , the 2008 Prince of Persia game ...
Where's the sequel to this beautiful game Ubisoft ? ...
Why are you shoving up Tom Clancy Hawk fighter games ? why are you milking the Assassin's Creed franchise ? why do you pretend you're making a sequel to Beyond Good and Evil ? why don't you just give us another Prince of Persia already instead of giving us that lackluster Forgotten Sands and remastering the Sands of Time trilogy for no reason ? ... or is there a reason for this move ? ...

GrievousOdyssey
16th Nov 2010, 16:58
Rising Sun and European Assault ...

Jesus chritst and i've forgotten to make even the slightest mention to Christopher Lennertz's soundtrack , it was grand , just grand for mere video games ...
Hope the guy gets Michael Giacchino's popularity , eventually ...

In fact i've noticed that the overall quality of current generation's video game soundtracks is surprisingly lower than that of the previous generations ...
You would think now that every game runs in 5.1 surround sound , gets a live orchestra , with reknown film composer tackling the project , you would think that we would constantly have masterpieces !! ...

Nope we didn't ... ... ... i just can't explain it , even God of War III for some reason failed to offer a overall soundtrack as marvelous as the previous ones , no wonder half of the soundtrack came from the old games , and they thought we wouldn't have noticed ... the Shame ...

MxOAgentJohnson
16th Nov 2010, 17:04
I have no mouth, and i must scream.

Old point and click cyberpunk themed game, wasnt exactly underrated but by god if they remade it AM in 3D would make me **** myself.

BeardedHoplite
17th Nov 2010, 03:17
why don't you just give us another Prince of Persia already instead of giving us that lackluster Forgotten Sands and remastering the Sands of Time trilogy for no reason ? ... or is there a reason for this move ? ...

Money, money, money.

GrievousOdyssey
17th Nov 2010, 14:25
Yesterday they released the trophy list for the Remastered Trilogy ...

Some of them aren't exactly piss-poor-easy trophies , so if the game actually 'looks better' than back on the PS2 and if they also improved on the sound mixing , then i Might just buy it ...

Hey , there are worse addictions in this world than being a mere civilised trophy addict ...

The Forgotten Sands a cash-in game ? YOU LIE ! ...

I had that game on my watchlist , the Limited Edition comes with Prince of Persia Classic yo ! ...