PDA

View Full Version : Is there any hint on requirements?

xlander
2nd Jul 2010, 23:56
I'm not necessarily looking for a locked in set just ballpark... CPU, Graphics card level. In short would a core2 duo handle with an nvidia 8600m? Or am I going to have to get another overpriced system only 1 year after this current one?

Dead-Eye
3rd Jul 2010, 00:02
Just wait.

LisuPL
3rd Jul 2010, 09:20
I think it will be enough, people played Crysis on medium settings having 8600m so....I think you will manage:)
I personally have 9650m GT - much better card than yours, but I still don't expect max settings....still knowing I will be able to play the game once it gets out is enough for me:)

xsamitt
3rd Jul 2010, 12:05
I would hope the requirements are out of the world to fully test that new system I'll be building.

Pretentious Old Man.
3rd Jul 2010, 12:11
Well, it's a multi-plat, and since consoles are basically very weak PCs, I would anticipate that system requirements would not be too draconian. I would envisage Mass Effect 2-ish graphics with similar system requirements, probably.

Anyone know any more about Crystal Dynamics' engines?

Remington
3rd Jul 2010, 22:09
K^2???

Pretentious Old Man.
3rd Jul 2010, 23:39
K^2???

Oh yeah, I forgot. Credit where it's due, he's already started unpicking the TR:U engine to get a head start, from what I can glean.

Jerion
3rd Jul 2010, 23:51
Think TRU requirements, with the "recommended" specs taken up a couple notches.

K^2
4th Jul 2010, 00:02
^ Good advise up there. EM put a lot more stuff in, but they also did some additional optimization. So the minimum requirements shouldn't be that much higher than these of TRU. If you haven't played TRU, grab a demo. Set the options a bit above minimal, if the demo runs smooth, you should be good for HR, at least on minimal settings.

That's just a guess, of course, but it's a fairly educated one. The only thing I can pretty much guarantee is that you'll need a graphics card that will run Shader 3. In other words, full hardware compatibility with DirectX 9.0c.

super...
4th Jul 2010, 21:03
thanks Mr.K and K^2

xlander
6th Jul 2010, 08:16
Well I know running Red Faction Guerrilla choked my system it would run it but it was jumpy. If that gives you and idea of where my system is parked. For the money I know I got ripped and am going back to homebuilt systems... once I have money to do so again.

xlander
6th Jul 2010, 08:19
O and what is TRU?

rokstrombo
6th Jul 2010, 08:34
Tomb Raider: Underworld

Amore
7th Jul 2010, 20:58
http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?t=105036

TRU engine, the engine Deus Ex 3 is based on, system requirements are there

Pinky_Powers
7th Jul 2010, 21:21
http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?t=105036

TRU engine, the engine Deus Ex 3 is based on, system requirements are there

Though it uses the same engine, it is a highly updated and modified version. And even if it weren't, one game is not equal to another based solely on the engine. Texture resolution, polly-count, lighting effects, the number of objects using physics...

You can expect Human Revolution to demand more from your machine than any Tomb Raider game.

Amore
7th Jul 2010, 22:36
Though it uses the same engine, it is a highly updated and modified version. And even if it weren't, one game is not equal to another based solely on the engine. Texture resolution, polly-count, lighting effects, the number of objects using physics...

You can expect Human Revolution to demand more from your machine than any Tomb Raider game.

Sure, but, if nothing else, it's merely something of a minimum to go by at the very least, just to get an idea. At least it seems it isn't going to demand any crazy fast quad cores or 480/5870's.

Pinky_Powers
7th Jul 2010, 22:42
I'm still on my 8800gtx, and I expect to play nearly maxed out.

I keep a bottle of oil on hand whenever my machine seems sluggish.

K^2
8th Jul 2010, 03:50
It's also the more optimized version of the TRU engine. TRU wasn't that great in that department before guys at EM got their hands on it. That's why I don't expect it to be that much higher despite increase in complexity.

Pinky_Powers
8th Jul 2010, 12:58
It's also the more optimized version of the TRU engine. TRU wasn't that great in that department before guys at EM got their hands on it. That's why I don't expect it to be that much higher despite increase in complexity.

OOOooo... You think it'll pretty much balance out in the end, don't ya Brain? NARF!

Amore
8th Jul 2010, 18:50
OOOooo... You think it'll pretty much balance out in the end, don't ya Brain? NARF!

That made me laugh pretty loud.

Anyhoo, if EM's going to be making it much more efficient, sounds awesome. I remember the latest GTA, my friend tried it out on his ASUS ferrari laptop, with some i7-9## quad-core, and I think two graphics cards, that game STILL lagged, even on lowest settings, it was a brand new laptop, he tried almost every thing to solve it, never could get above 28 FPS, and it stuttered.

Ashpolt
8th Jul 2010, 19:50
laptop

There's your friend's problem.

itsalladream
8th Jul 2010, 20:30
What's the latest GTA game? GTA 4 runs fine on my 3 year old laptop.

Exian
8th Jul 2010, 21:11
Should be fine xlander ;)

More info there > http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?t=105036

Badmaker
8th Jul 2010, 21:36
If u have 2GB RAM, a dual core CPU and a HD 4850 VGA < u should be ok.

Amore
8th Jul 2010, 21:40
There's your friend's problem.

Not when you have a quad-core running at over 2.5GHz with dual graphics cards each more powerful than a 250GTS and 6GB of RAM.

:P

And it's ASUS too, everything going to be practically top-notch

No overclocking was taking place either

xlander
20th Jul 2010, 07:21
Well I have core 2 duo 2.5, 4 gigs dell ram(noting that the ram is Dell, so far I am highly unimpressed for the money), and a nvidea 8600m GT... more notable is that the drivers for my laptop are older than the computer because Dell is fail.

Oakatsura-Metametheus
20th Jul 2010, 07:37
best bet probably a minimum of a Geforce 9500 or better, with at least a duo-core Pentium 2.8 Ghz or higher with at least 2 GB of RAM and at least 50GB of Hard Drive space considering it a higher resolution, better graphic, physic oriented universe in most games now, and considering its a Deus Ex Universe there are coding for multiple endings, scripts, decisions, etc which means there is gonna be about 40% Data, 20% Audio Dialog, 15% Audio Sounds, 25% Textures and Effects. Course thats my hypothesis.

I dont really need to worry what the system requirements are cause I know my system can handle whatever Eidos decides to throw at it.

tartarus_sauce
20th Jul 2010, 07:43
I wouldn't worry too much about it. They don't makes games that can't run on the last generation of consoles. I've had the same computer going on five years, I invest maybe $100 a year average on upgrades and maintenance, and it can run the latest stuff at the highest settings.

Exian
20th Jul 2010, 07:58
That made me laugh pretty loud.

Anyhoo, if EM's going to be making it much more efficient, sounds awesome. I remember the latest GTA, my friend tried it out on his ASUS ferrari laptop, with some i7-9## quad-core, and I think two graphics cards, that game STILL lagged, even on lowest settings, it was a brand new laptop, he tried almost every thing to solve it, never could get above 28 FPS, and it stuttered.

He had 2 cards? I think that's why then. I'm pretty sure GTA doesn't run SLI or Crossfire, therefore only one of his cards was being used. Could that be the case?

P.S. If you turn down vehicle density, shadows (and night shadows) and adjust the resolution slightly, it'll make a huge difference.

Oakatsura-Metametheus
20th Jul 2010, 08:08
I wouldn't worry too much about it. They don't makes games that can't run on the last generation of consoles. I've had the same computer going on five years, I invest maybe $100 a year average on upgrades and maintenance, and it can run the latest stuff at the highest settings.

True, Im not saying old or not that games will run, but I love to see how far a computer can be pushed to do some of the more exciting and visual experiences. For example, being able to run everything on high like Shadows, night shadows, 16X AASS and 32X Antistrophic Filtering with Physics on High.

I could stare at that water allday like it was a interactive screen saver. lol
:nut:

Exian
20th Jul 2010, 08:31
True, Im not saying old or not that games will run, but I love to see how far a computer can be pushed to do some of the more exciting and visual experiences. For example, being able to run everything on high like Shadows, night shadows, 16X AASS and 32X Antistrophic Filtering with Physics on High.

I could stare at that water allday like it was a interactive screen saver. lol
:nut:

True :D

pringlepower
20th Jul 2010, 08:39
He had 2 cards? I think that's why then. I'm pretty sure GTA doesn't run SLI or Crossfire, therefore only one of his cards was being used. Could that be the case?

P.S. If you turn down vehicle density, shadows (and night shadows) and adjust the resolution slightly, it'll make a huge difference.

GTA IV was horribly optimized. Better now with the new patches (which also added the moon!)

Exian
20th Jul 2010, 11:53
GTA IV was horribly optimized. Better now with the new patches (which also added the moon!)

No way! I'm gonna replay that game just because the moon's there now! :rasp:

MattB
22nd Jul 2010, 01:19
This thread makes me hopeful...it sounds like I'd be able to run this game on either of the notebooks I'm looking at buying. The HP notebook I'm looking at right now is a 2.8Ghz C2D T9600 with a 256MB ATI Radeon HD3450 (scoring 2337 on a 3DMark06 test at 1024x768 according to PC Magazine) which isn't the best but not the worst either, while the Lenovo Thinkpad I'm also considering has a i7-620M 2.66Ghz with a 256MB nVidia NVS3100m (which scores 4178 in the same 3DMark06 test according to PC Magazine). The Thinkpad is a more powerful system, but I believe I can get the HP for a few hundred dollars less. Are these two graphics cards roughly equivalent? Neither are the most powerful systems available, but both are better than an XBox360.

Streakfury
26th Jul 2010, 12:15
Not when you have a quad-core running at over 2.5GHz with dual graphics cards each more powerful than a 250GTS and 6GB of RAM.

:P

And it's ASUS too, everything going to be practically top-notch

No overclocking was taking place either

Yeah, but RAM speed (which will be pants), FSB speed (which will be pants), and hard drive speed (which will probably be pants) will all factor in as well. Laptops just aren't designed for gaming - there's too many other bottlenecks in the system when compared to a proper tower.

:)