PDA

View Full Version : Weapon damage, also the hostage option (pressing "B")

joe the janitor
2nd Jul 2010, 23:36
Just a few improvments that could be made. Or not. I don't know....

- With the starting weapon I find it takes the entire weapon magazine to just put them (traitors, fellow robbers) on the ground, then to kill them you have to franticly switch to your TOTALY AMAZING PISTOL!

- I really think they should take away the option to make one of the other player your hostage. Why you ask? maybe
1. Way to many times will people (including me) press "B", not on purpose.
2. All people do is grab you, throw you on the ground, which some how lowers your health, and kill you extremely quickly. NOT FUN!

Other then those I am so far having a lot of fun (I don't get motion sickness haha), and these are the only problems that I think hamper the experience.
What are you thoughts on this?

Zidrien
2nd Jul 2010, 23:51
I guess the easy way to avoid the human shield thing is to just keep your distance from the other players.

Weapon damage, I'm not so sure about...

joe the janitor
2nd Jul 2010, 23:53
I guess the easy way to avoid the human shield thing is to just keep your distance from the other players.

Doesn't work when your all going into the same van, or grabbing the same pile of money. Which happens all the time...

Brackstone17
2nd Jul 2010, 23:56
The starting weapon is pretty weak, but I like it like that. I'd sooner have few betrayals in the first round, so that fits me just fine. I am noticing that pistols are pretty godly. The final pistol unlock in particular(the two tone one) seems better than most full sized guns.

I can see the B button causing some trouble. It isn't too bad for me though.

joe the janitor
2nd Jul 2010, 23:57
The starting weapon is pretty weak, but I like it like that. I'd sooner have few betrayals in the first round, so that fits me just fine. I am noticing that pistols are pretty godly. The final pistol unlock in particular(the two tone one) seems better than most full sized guns.

I can see the B button causing some trouble. It isn't too bad for me though.

Wait wait.... You got above rank 6?! :eek:

Brackstone17
3rd Jul 2010, 00:01
Wait wait.... You got above rank 6?! :eek:
Arcade mode my friend. A bunch of the weapons are unlocked in that already. I've played all of 2 full matches online, most of my time has been with arcade.

Minority
3rd Jul 2010, 00:02
I think they should do something either about the magazine clip of a starting weapon, or the health of a criminal, or the amount of damage the starting weapon does. Either one of these might help stop people from constantly having to switch to their secondary weapon, or reload when fighting a fellow player.
I also noticed the reload for a few of the weapons seem a little lengthy, especially when i need to reload when fighting another player. But then, this might be intentional, so it makes people switch to the secondary weapon.

2. All people do is grab you, throw you on the ground, which some how lowers your health, and kill you extremely quickly. NOT FUN!

Hey!! How did you figure out my strategy;)

joe the janitor
3rd Jul 2010, 00:04
Arcade mode my friend. A bunch of the weapons are unlocked in that already. I've played all of 2 full matches online, most of my time has been with arcade.

Ive seen the AI holding a lot of DLC, and locked weapons, but never have I passed rank 6. Also some of the guns discriptions are "DLC". Do you think that means there will be no limited edition in North America, just DLC?

joe the janitor
3rd Jul 2010, 00:06
hey!! How did you figure out my strategy;
**** YOU, why you got to be one of "those people".

Brackstone17
3rd Jul 2010, 00:08
I personally hope they go the Dead Space route and make the pre-order bonus just DLC that everyone else has to pay for. Seems like the most fair idea to me.

But yeah, try out arcade mode. Some of the guns are just randomly unlocked in there for some reason, regardless of rank. It might have just been my demo acting funny though, I've had some trouble with arcade mode.

FrankTh3Tank
3rd Jul 2010, 00:15
seems like the wepon damage is a tad low to me but im not to sure it might just be its pretty hard to hit someone unless your close to them and if there far away the only chance you have of hitting them is spray an prey lol atleast thats what happend to me.

CribbNG3
3rd Jul 2010, 00:26
Screw that, you don't use the B button for anything important.

I say keep it.

Minority
3rd Jul 2010, 02:19
**** YOU, why you got to be one of "those people".

I didn't want to be one of those people...
But then I remembered the quote, "If you can't beat them, join them":cool:

joe the janitor
3rd Jul 2010, 02:34
Screw that, you don't use the B button for anything important.

I say keep it.
I would rather have it for nothing.

joe the janitor
3rd Jul 2010, 02:37
I personally hope they go the Dead Space route and make the pre-order bonus just DLC that everyone else has to pay for. Seems like the most fair idea to me.

But yeah, try out arcade mode. Some of the guns are just randomly unlocked in there for some reason, regardless of rank. It might have just been my demo acting funny though, I've had some trouble with arcade mode.

I played two arcade matches, got up to round 7 on each of them, and had not unlocked anything. Although I did enconter a rather frustating bug. While the counter to start the match is going, my AI teammate is just shooting me, and kills me before the match even starts.

Brackstone17
3rd Jul 2010, 02:45
Huh, the weapons seem to unlock randomly for me, but that two tone .45 pistol is always unlocked. I do think arcade mode is glitched though.

joe the janitor
3rd Jul 2010, 02:50
I need to know if this is just me but, every time I exit the demo my rank resets.

Huh, the weapons seem to unlock randomly for me, but that two tone .45 pistol is always unlocked. I do think arcade mode is glitched though.
What round in arcade mode did you get to?

Brackstone17
3rd Jul 2010, 03:01
What round in arcade mode did you get to?

I think I got to around 5 or six. The weapons, not all of them but a nice large number of them, would usually/randomly unlock after the first round, no matter the amount of money I walked away with. Sometimes a few of them wouldn't though.

The bug I keep getting, though, is that if I purchase new weapons, the sound cuts out for the rest of the match.

joe the janitor
3rd Jul 2010, 03:08
I think I got to around 5 or six. The weapons, not all of them but a nice large number of them, would usually/randomly unlock after the first round, no matter the amount of money I walked away with. Sometimes a few of them wouldn't though.

The bug I keep getting, though, is that if I purchase new weapons, the sound cuts out for the rest of the match.
Wow, that bug sounds like it really sucks (I think I may haved puned).
Now, lets get a bit more specific. Guns below rank 6 unlock? If that is true I have no idea why it isn't happening for me :(

Brackstone17
3rd Jul 2010, 03:18
What weapons do unlock for you? The one thing that really stuck out to me was that I could choose from every smg except the preorder ones and one other.

joe the janitor
3rd Jul 2010, 04:54
What weapons do unlock for you? The one thing that really stuck out to me was that I could choose from every smg except the preorder ones and one other.
Since I don't want to run upstairs and start the demo to tell you I'll try to tell you from memory.
I could use the mac 10 (http://www.imfdb.org/index.php/Kane_%26_Lynch_2:_Dog_Days#Ingram_MAC-10), skorpion (http://www.imfdb.org/index.php/Kane_%26_Lynch_2:_Dog_Days#SA_vz._61_.C5.A0korpion), Norinco Type 79 (http://www.imfdb.org/index.php/Kane_%26_Lynch_2:_Dog_Days#Norinco_Type_79), and Heckler & Koch SP89 (http://www.imfdb.org/index.php/Kane_%26_Lynch_2:_Dog_Days#Heckler_.26_Koch_SP89). Everything else in the smg catagory was locked.

kelly is belly
3rd Jul 2010, 06:58
Just a few improvments that could be made. Or not. I don't know....

- With the starting weapon I find it takes the entire weapon magazine to just put them (traitors, fellow robbers) on the ground, then to kill them you have to franticly switch to your TOTALY AMAZING PISTOL!

- I really think they should take away the option to make one of the other player your hostage. Why you ask? maybe
1. Way to many times will people (including me) press "B", not on purpose.

Other then those I am so far having a lot of fun (I don't get motion sickness haha), and these are the only problems that I think hamper the experience.
What are you thoughts on this?

i think it should stay i noticed ONLY complete retards hit B not meaning too
but thats just me

Kiljoy
3rd Jul 2010, 14:32
but thats just me

Actually I think it happens to a lot of people because they are not used to the button layout. I don't think it should be changed, seeing as how it only takes a few rounds to get used to it, but I do kinda feel bad when I see it happen and then the traitor freaks out.

BeardedHoplite
3rd Jul 2010, 15:07

Weapon damage, I'm not so sure about...

Shotguns help.

joe the janitor
4th Jul 2010, 06:02
but thats just me
*cough* Douchebag *cough*

taylornathan2991
4th Jul 2010, 16:45
The hostage button makes sense for players to use because, it adds variety from other traditional third person shooters (so they should leave it the way it is). Or they could just have a matchmaking option where players can easily just turn it off so players cant do it to team mates.:)

joe the janitor
4th Jul 2010, 20:16
The hostage button makes sense for players to use because, it adds variety from other traditional third person shooters (so they should leave it the way it is). Or they could just have a matchmaking option where players can easily just turn it off so players cant do it to team mates.:)
That could work! To fix ALL of this though, I think all what would have to be done would be to take away the option to throw the person of the ground. That's the thing that gets me. It makes it so easy for someone to kill you and is so frusterating.

MxOAgentJohnson
4th Jul 2010, 20:20
To fix the hostage thing, when your dropped to stop the exploit you still have full hp but your character locks onto the enemy whilst downing so you dont have to slowly turn the view around to get back at them