PDA

View Full Version : Host closed the game session?

QuarantineX
1st Jul 2010, 23:32
I've yet to play a whole Fragile Alliance match because of this. What's up with it?

I'm assuming it's the sort of thing where the match is hosted by one of the players, and when they leave, it ends the game for everyone, right? Shouldn't there be some sort of host migration set up? :(

Baz
2nd Jul 2010, 00:26
Unfortunately, it's the same as the first game. Quitting was a major problem and there were no consequences for the quitters. I'm not sure if there will be consequences in the sequel.

joe the janitor
2nd Jul 2010, 01:21
Not ONE whole match! WOW.... Thats sucks. I know I probobly get shanked for saying this but.... It should be like MW2! NOW WAIT WAIT, before you eat, me let me explain:
- In MW2 when the host leaves it picks a new host. Preferably one who has the best connection.

2nd Jul 2010, 01:26
No one should be able to close the game down, if some one quits it should start looking for a new host.

Zidrien
2nd Jul 2010, 02:17
I agree. It's really annoying and discouraging. The whole game shouldn't be closed just because the host has a bad connection. Or is just a bad sport.

Couldn't another player just be made the new host, and the game continues?

Apart from that issue, the rest of the game was great! :)

EDIT: I still haven't been able to get a whole session in yet, because of the hosts quitting. :(

GrievousOdyssey
2nd Jul 2010, 02:22
This is going to sound stupid coming from someone who isn't really a multiplayer gamer , but , why don't the game Host itself sessions ? like it creates all kinds of sessions with all the different maps and types , and then all gamers has to do is join in the table , and when its full the game begins , and another session will be hosted by the game's server itself ...

Is this not possible ? ...

Zidrien
2nd Jul 2010, 02:31
Yep. That's another possibility.

II J0SePh X II
2nd Jul 2010, 06:10
That's my favouite thing about MW2, It's just straight into a game ASAP, no readying up and a new host is found when necessary.

C'mon Eidos, let's just assemble the crew and get on with it.

kelly is belly
2nd Jul 2010, 06:25
well get over it and there shouldent be consequences
abunch of baby's on this forum

GrievousOdyssey
2nd Jul 2010, 06:40
Doesn't it annoy you when someone else quits a match mid game , forcing everyone to leave as well ? ...

Zidrien
2nd Jul 2010, 07:00
We're not being babies. This is a perfectly reasonable forum.

GrievousOdyssey
2nd Jul 2010, 07:02
This is a perfectly reasonable forum.

You mean this Was ...

Zidrien
2nd Jul 2010, 07:22
Guess you're right...

JackGordon
2nd Jul 2010, 09:46
You're all welcome to stay in my lobby when you see me host. I never quit early. Not in the first game, not in this demo and not in the full game. I'm a gamer, not a crybaby. So you can enjoy the whole match when I host.

GrievousOdyssey
2nd Jul 2010, 09:50
That's because you like to 'get close' to people more than they ever wanted , isn't it ? ...

JackGordon
2nd Jul 2010, 09:53
Don't get your hopes up, Grievous.

GrievousOdyssey
2nd Jul 2010, 10:03
:eek: ...

Anywya , even you can't satisfy all the people who wishes to play with a host that never quits , so the problem still persists ...

JackGordon
2nd Jul 2010, 10:54
At least I'm helping out. Now if more people would do the same...

Zidrien
2nd Jul 2010, 10:56
I would be doing the same, but I don't think I'd be able to commit myself to all those hours.

GrievousOdyssey
2nd Jul 2010, 11:10
Now if more people would do the same...

That's the thing , there'll never be enough ...

The best thing to have is that the game hosts matches itself , twenty four seven ...

Zidrien
2nd Jul 2010, 11:12
I hope one of the devs is reading this. Really want this to get fixed up.

GrievousOdyssey
2nd Jul 2010, 11:24
The game is set to release in less than two months ... you think they will have enough time to fix this ? ...

Zidrien
2nd Jul 2010, 11:30
Well, they can always bring out updates after it's released, can't they?

GrievousOdyssey
2nd Jul 2010, 12:04
Apparently Dead Men didn't get any , we'll see for Dog Days ...

BeardedHoplite
2nd Jul 2010, 15:10
Apparently Dead Men didn't get any , we'll see for Dog Days ...

I'd imagine IO would. Aren't they trying to redeem K&L?

GrievousOdyssey
2nd Jul 2010, 15:11
Aren't they trying to redeem K&L?

Yes , but at what cost ...

BeardedHoplite
2nd Jul 2010, 15:12
Yes , but at what cost ...

Less bugs and trophies? Isn't that a profit?

GrievousOdyssey
2nd Jul 2010, 15:21
Now that you put it that way ...

Bevacur
2nd Jul 2010, 16:17
When ever i see the host get betrayed, he/she quits!

I liked how when there are breaks after each round, you can not quit (of course if you turn your xbox off you can) but you have to carry on.

This should be an option, you can not quit untill the game is over.

GrievousOdyssey
2nd Jul 2010, 16:24
By the way , when the host quits and ends the match , are the scores saveguarded to the leaderboards or do you absolutely have to finish all rounds for the score to register ? ...

Bevacur
2nd Jul 2010, 16:26
I never noticed a score. You only get cash for that specific game, once that game is over you have to get cash from scratch.

I don't think there is a leaderboard.

Ashkanan #2 of The7
2nd Jul 2010, 16:30
Host migration is a MUST for release day. we cannot end any game because of kids clossing game because there are losing :(

Bevacur
2nd Jul 2010, 16:31
I definitely heard kids on the game. Some idiot was singing how he enjoyed sucking *****, how can i mute ingame?

GrievousOdyssey
2nd Jul 2010, 16:38
Some idiot was singing how he enjoyed sucking *****,

. . .

Sometimes I don't think this world deserves Kane & Lynch ...

Bevacur
2nd Jul 2010, 16:40
It was really annoying, i happened to have..err..my finger slipped and happened to kill a guy with a ton of cash. This guy also happens to betray someone, he dies so he is the only one i can hear.

He was singing how he enjoyed sucking pork < this was his actual words then was changed to ***** through out the whole game.

Then he just started screaming gay's for the last 3-4 mins.

LUCKYDOGSLEVIN
3rd Jul 2010, 18:32
I keep losing connection to the game and i know it not my internet setup. whats the deal?

Lady Gaga
3rd Jul 2010, 19:01
I finished my 1st match without a problem. I guess this was because I was the host and I never quit.

I wasn't able to join any games where I wasn't the host. It seems like the hosts gets impatient and closes the lobby before enough people join.

Either that, or the host is getting disconnected.