PDA

View Full Version : Avalanche Studios have given up

xI Jakk Ix
1st Jul 2010, 18:32
It appears that Avalanche aren't paying any attention to this game anymore. They give us some DLC and a patch, much much later than it should of come, (hopefully) then they think that that's Just Cause 2 done with now and move on to another game and forget about JC2. Just by giving us DLC doesn't make us any happier.

ChiroVette
1st Jul 2010, 18:36
While I understand what you are saying, and in actuality I agree with you 100%, I don't think we need yet another thread on this topic. The mods prefer the forum be a little more tidy, and if you want to post this opinion, it should probably go into the Glitches & Problems thread which is sticky'd at the top of the forum. ;)

xI Jakk Ix
1st Jul 2010, 18:37
When they say 'Problems' I hope they mean problems with the actual bloody game company.

DR.NOob
1st Jul 2010, 18:39
I can´t agree but I can´t argue either...

You´re propably right and that´s shame...

Cheats and stuff would be nice but they have bigger fish to reel in that couple of console gamers on this game...:gamer::thud:

resistance4103
1st Jul 2010, 18:44
I cant think of much more that they could do than patch the problems and release dlc. maybe they could introduce multiplayer, but i doubt they will :(

Rios
1st Jul 2010, 18:44
Oh Jakk, are you fishing for a lock?

Talidan
1st Jul 2010, 18:47
...fishing? For a lock? I am confused! How does one fish for a lock?!

http://www.crystalyacht.com/images/fishing.jpg

xI Jakk Ix
1st Jul 2010, 18:47
Yeah, all I found was some stupid fish.

Rios
1st Jul 2010, 18:49
...fishing? For a lock? I am confused! How does one fish for a lock?!

Simple really, you make a thread called "Avalanche Studios have given up" with a little red thumbs down in front of it. I guarantee you'll catch a big one. :D

xI Jakk Ix
1st Jul 2010, 18:55
I can teach you all how to go fishing for locks if you like.

SmC12
1st Jul 2010, 18:57
I can teach you all how to go fishing for locks if you like.

How about you go fishing in a loch!
(get it.. loch sounds like lock! ...sorry, i'm Scottish :lol:)

I kind of agree with you though. I don't think they've given up completely, but i get the feeling they just don't want to actually deal with the problems and everything. The DLC released so far is just like little gifts you get at christmas when your a kid, you play with it for like a week and it just sits on a shelf after that. They need something BIG and exciting for DLC, something that people will love and use alot. Sadly though, i can't see that happening.

resistance4103
1st Jul 2010, 18:59
Imagine if you could pick a lock with the hook on a fishing rod :p

AiRsTrIkE
1st Jul 2010, 19:02
Though they have offered more support than other sandbox-style action games, *coughpandemiccough*, I do agree they need to get off their asses and fix the things that make it impossible to finish the game, like that bus.

resistance4103
1st Jul 2010, 19:03
Erm... why is Rios "Abandonware"? When did that happen?

xI Jakk Ix
1st Jul 2010, 19:05
Though they have offered more support than other sandbox-style action games, *coughpandemiccough*, I do agree they need to get off their asses and fix the things that make it impossible to finish the game, like that bus.

Mercs 2 failing was mainly EA's fault. Everything EA do just doesn't work. Especially NFS: Shift

I kind of agree with you though. I don't think they've given up completely, but i get the feeling they just don't want to actually deal with the problems and everything. The DLC released so far is just like little gifts you get at christmas when your a kid, you play with it for like a week and it just sits on a shelf after that. They need something BIG and exciting for DLC, something that people will love and use alot. Sadly though, i can't see that happening.

Finally! Someone who posts something on-topic.

*Cough*Rios*Cough*

AiRsTrIkE
1st Jul 2010, 19:10
Mercs 2 failing was mainly EA's fault. Everything EA do just doesn't work. Especially NFS: Shift

*Cough*Rios*Cough*

2 years of Mercs 2 development was done while Pandemic was still independent. While I'd like to be able to shove the blame on EA, it wasn't completely their fault.

ChiroVette
1st Jul 2010, 19:15
*Cough*Rios*Cough*

Cough all you like, xI Jakk Ix, but Rios is right. The points you are making in this thread are points mostly everyone agrees with, but we are all trying to help you by telling you that starting yet another of the countless hundreds of threads about this is not the way to go. There are already threads to post this kind of complaint in.

xI Jakk Ix
1st Jul 2010, 19:17
Cough all you like, xI Jakk Ix

Don't tell me to start choking! :p:lol:

Talidan
1st Jul 2010, 19:17
I probably shouldn't have posted what I posted...

Anyway, I somewhat agree with you, but I like to refrain from outright accusing them of abandoning JC2 without knowing full facts. If I were to witness the devs actually say, "We're done with it, no more support" then I'll agree 100% with your post, but we really do not know what goes on in their lives. They might be doing as much as they can while juggling other projects.

They're not a large company and have to make money somehow. Putting all their effort into JC2 might not be enough to support them.

SmC12
1st Jul 2010, 20:13
Looks to me that they've given up... I can't find one game creator that releases patches and many new thinga all the time for their games and actually giving the game time after they've developed it. It sucks i bought the game for 60$ and now they won't even give us a bloody patch like come on! They are giving us crappy dlc's and haven't even got the tuk tuk boom boom yet cause it's not on psn in europe. Damn! HOW ******* HARD IS IT and my guess is that a moderator will close this as all the ****ty moderators does LET US HAVE OUR ******* FORUM AS WE WANT IT! IF WE WANT THE **** IN ONE TREAD WE PUT IT THERE AND IF WE DON*T WANT IT TO BE THERE WE DON*T.
My Guess is that i'll be banned from the forum now but all this is the ******* truth!

Your guess is right, you will most likely be banned for that.

The Mods have a job to do in the forums, if the rules say that multiple threads on the same subject aren't allowed then it's up to the mods to make sure it doesn't happen.
They volunteer to do this in order to keep the forum a tidy and a friendly place for other people, so this thread will most likely be locked, and you and your "rage post" will probably be gone. (Ban)

xI Jakk Ix
1st Jul 2010, 20:21
I'm leaving. I'll be back soon. This thread will be locked when I get back. (If I do)

Driber
1st Jul 2010, 20:51
Last time I checked, slam postings were still against our TOU, sooooo.........

closed.

Erm... why is Rios "Abandonware"? When did that happen?

All questions or remarks regarding closed or deleted threads or any administrative decision must be e-mailed or pm'ed privately to the moderator who performed this action. Any further discussion regarding action taken by a moderator or administrator is to be dealt with through Private Message to the appropriate administrator or moderator, and not on the forums themselves. If it is not obvious which moderator took the action in question, contact one of the administrators.