PDA

View Full Version : Your favourite MP mode

Acid_Burn
1st Jul 2010, 17:18
What did you like the most in the demo?

UhUh
1st Jul 2010, 17:41
Voted for FA, it's the one that most know how to play properly(not all unfortunatly); UC and C&R have some problems, UC about the scoring system doesn't reward you to kill the UC, wich isn't great. C&R is fun, but people keep disconnecting, and without a teambalance things get out of hand quickly.

MaceUk
1st Jul 2010, 20:15
I voted for FA. I liked them all but that was my favourite.

On my first game of FA when we were initially grabbing the money I accidentally pressed B and grabbed one of my team mates and then let go and they then all turned on me and killed me lol.

When I play this game it makes me want to watch HEAT again :)

Vulture
1st Jul 2010, 20:43
to be honest i dont exactly saw much of a difference between them they all lead to the same door only minor changes

MxOAgentJohnson
1st Jul 2010, 23:03
Fragile alliance all the way, i had great fun today playing with the people online, mostly forum members, cant beat a good ol game of backstabbin.

GrievousOdyssey
1st Jul 2010, 23:26
UC about the scoring system doesn't reward you to kill the UC, wich isn't great.

It's not that it isn't great , it's just plain terrible ! ...

But kind of think of it , i know why they don't let you score points for killing the Undercover Cop ...
I mean imagine , you'll get a instant two hundred grand reward for killing the snitch , what wouldn't stop a player from decimating his entire crew in the first few minutes , then also grab the heist money , and get away with it all ? the fact that you don't score points for killing the undercover cop is to prevent this i believe ...

But , they should give you a reward if you kill a snitch AFTER he betrays at least one of the team members ...

Baz
2nd Jul 2010, 00:40
what wouldn't stop a player from decimating his entire crew in the first few minutes , then also grab the heist money...

Players do NOT respawn in undercover cop. So, people will much more likely to betray, knowing that there's one less thing to worry about (players respawned as cops). One could basically throw a fire extinguisher into the team and then kill the last few to claim all the money. I predict a lot of early betrayals and players quitting early in this game mode.

UhUh
2nd Jul 2010, 07:41
It's not that it isn't great , it's just plain terrible ! ...

But kind of think of it , i know why they don't let you score points for killing the Undercover Cop ...
I mean imagine , you'll get a instant two hundred grand reward for killing the snitch , what wouldn't stop a player from decimating his entire crew in the first few minutes , then also grab the heist money , and get away with it all ? the fact that you don't score points for killing the undercover cop is to prevent this i believe ...

But , they should give you a reward if you kill a snitch AFTER he betrays at least one of the team members ...

That's what many seem to try, but they don't realize that if you betray too soon you can't get away with it. I don't think that's the case, I was thinking that maybe is to cut some slack to the cop; he already has a hard mission, so if nobody is actively looking to get the score for his kill, he can have a better chance at winning.

BeardedHoplite
2nd Jul 2010, 15:11
Fragile Alliance because I'm too paranoid to play Undercover Cop, that and I have major nostalgia for FA.

GrievousOdyssey
2nd Jul 2010, 15:19
I'm surprised to see that no many seems to like Cops versus Robbers mode , seeing as how a lot of people on Dead Men's Fragile Alliance liked playing deathmatch so much ...

Undercover Cop is not being popular because it adds nothing more but paranoia for gamers , so they tend to avoid it i guess ...

TheOhrenberger
2nd Jul 2010, 15:36
Undercover cop is the best. it's exactly like Fragile alliance, but instead there is an undercover cop, which gives you something else to worry about. it's very intense.

Minority
2nd Jul 2010, 17:27
Im sticking with fragile alliance. I like Undercover Cop also, it's just that I can't enjoy Undercover Cop for what it is because some people team up on it, and kill the rest team. If I was able to play Undercover Cop how it's supposed to be played, I would of preferred it.

Bevacur
2nd Jul 2010, 17:33
Undercover cop is the best. it's exactly like Fragile alliance, but instead there is an undercover cop, which gives you something else to worry about. it's very intense.

Trouble is though, the dumbass undercover cop just kills straight away, the undercover cop then gets eliminated and then its back to Fragile Alliance.

Bionicicide
2nd Jul 2010, 18:12
The ones that start you off against AI are all good choices, which brings me to the one adversarial mode: Cops & Robbers that has the unbalanced issue of Counter-Strike where better players will get more money for the better weapons at the beginning of each round and it's not uncommon to see players drop after the first if they didn't get enough, or any, cash - plus you see enemies' names through walls.

sharpblade
2nd Jul 2010, 18:42
nice cops'n'robbers is my favourite.

BeardedHoplite
2nd Jul 2010, 18:55
I gotta say, Cops N' Robbers is easily the weakest game mode in Dog Days. It just ruins the feel of Fragile Alliance. Undercover Cop is better once you play it.

CribbNG3
3rd Jul 2010, 00:31
Undercover Cop inspires bad blood between players across rounds.
Cops N' Robbers is horrible when your team becomes outnumbered.
Fragile Alliance is more intuitive because in most cases getting betrayed is your own fault.

I can't wait for new maps upon release.

SlashPrower
3rd Jul 2010, 00:36
I gotta say, Cops N' Robbers is easily the weakest game mode in Dog Days. It just ruins the feel of Fragile Alliance.

Yeah, but it's a good place to put all the losers who can't do anything more complicated than team deathmatch.

Sounds like CnR needs auto-balance.

Zidrien
3rd Jul 2010, 10:11
All of them were great, except for the issue of "Host closed the game session".