PDA

View Full Version : New Tomb Raider due by holiday 2011?

RoombelinaUK
30th Jun 2010, 22:13
You gotta check this out:
http://www.gamespot.com/news/6267543.html?tag=latestheadlines;title;4
my hype-meter is going up!!!:D
Oh, and this too!!!!
http://www.digitalpainting.net/default.asp?theIF=/gallery.asp%3FWebsiteID%3D16824%26PageID%3D24694%26AssetID%3D28984%26FFS%3D1%26pageName%3DGallery%2B1%2B%252D%2BUrban%2Bchaos

TrickyVein
30th Jun 2010, 22:28
so CD is still harking on the horror-japanese-island thing? Darn, I hope to be convinced that this will be a good idea in the near future.

Joel has much concept art to do with destroyed cityscapes - where's the stuff for lady croft you mentioned? Guess I'll find it...There it is. Can't remember which ones are old and which ones are new. Herm.

Thanks for the post!!!

aussie500
1st Jul 2010, 05:42
You gotta check this out:
http://www.gamespot.com/news/6267543.html?tag=latestheadlines;title;4
my hype-meter is going up!!!:D
Oh, and this too!!!!
http://www.digitalpainting.net/default.asp?theIF=/gallery.asp%3FWebsiteID%3D16824%26PageID%3D24694%26AssetID%3D28984%26FFS%3D1%26pageName%3DGallery%2B1%2B%252D%2BUrban%2Bchaos

Sorry it takes some real Tomb Raider news to get my hype meter to move. They are just guessing the game is coming out Christmas 2011, because if their source was at all reliable they would not have said there was TR9 related art on Joel Boucquemont's site. Their source if there is actually one obviously has no idea what they are talking about. I have already seen all the Tomb Raider concept art and it is all from past games, nothing new in there since the TRU concept art. The Downfall (Urban Chaos) art while very interesting now more has been added, is not related to Tomb Raider. And since the game was cancelled anyway back in early 2008 no point getting to excited. Loved the 4 Horsemen of the Apocalypse art, but unfortunately again never got to see the game and that is nothing to do with Tomb Raider either.

Pity these sites did not actually do their homework before taking up some flimsy attempt by Eurogamer to get some attention. I would be very disappointed if the GOL team were making the origin story, I want an actual Tomb Raider game, not some short sharp thrill ride I download from PSN. And even if the GOL team suddenly got bigger I do not want to have to wait till 2013 to get the game, which is how long we would be waiting for it if they were starting it now.

Ants_27_
1st Jul 2010, 06:34
I would, personally, hope that the game would be released slightly later, mater Q1 of 2012.

Danielsun_
1st Jul 2010, 21:49
i myself am not hoping for an origin story which is another reboot, the idea was that CD reboot the series after Core didn't do too well not to reboot it mid way, that would only tell me that CD are not doing too well with ideas.

I'm hoping that CD are indeed working on one amazing pillar release that is not a reboot. bad omen if it is i say

Ants_27_
2nd Jul 2010, 09:05
i myself am not hoping for an origin story which is another reboot, the idea was that CD reboot the series after Core didn't do too well not to reboot it mid way, that would only tell me that CD are not doing too well with ideas.

I'm hoping that CD are indeed working on one amazing pillar release that is not a reboot. bad omen if it is i say

But the only problem is, can they make an amzaing TR game without pulling off another reboot?

Suppose we shall wait and see:D

Danielsun_
2nd Jul 2010, 20:04
But the only problem is, can they make an amzaing TR game without pulling off another reboot?

Suppose we shall wait and see:D

that would be the test, a good gaming company can...we shall see if CD stand the test of being able to make a good game or just hitting the reset button everytime they hit a wall...i have a faith

Ants_27_
2nd Jul 2010, 21:03
that would be the test, a good gaming company can...we shall see if CD stand the test of being able to make a good game or just hitting the reset button everytime they hit a wall...i have a faith

True, I have faith that given more time and more money to work with they could pull it off... but in the story, dialogue and characters deparment no maner of budget can save them!:lol:

Sorry that's harsh but in my eyes, very, very true!

Danielsun_
2nd Jul 2010, 21:51
haha!! they should make a real epic twist to it or something force unleash was really good, red dead was(havnt finished though) heavy rain, its all because the story carries itself and doesnt need the character to say hey its me its me i make it good

RoombelinaUK
2nd Jul 2010, 22:47
True, I have faith that given more time and more money to work with they could pull it off... but in the story, dialogue and characters deparment no maner of budget can save them!:lol:

Sorry that's harsh but in my eyes, very, very true!

LOL Have you ever played Tomb Raider Legend? *gives annoying orange look*

Ants_27_
3rd Jul 2010, 08:55
LOL Have you ever played Tomb Raider Legend? *gives annoying orange look*

I have but the characters (compared to others) have no depth to them, I don't care if they die or not... which is something I want to feel.

Metal Gear Solid and Heavy Rain are excellent exmaple of well thought out characters... heck, even mgs has large amount of backstories for their villians and bosses, which show they aren't straight out evil they are/were in fact normal people who've been through trauma.

I like to see the main Charcter have actual emotions during big moments... als Meryl from MGS 4. Before heading off into battle her dad who she classes as uncle tells her that he's proud of her and always will be. A tear runs down her face before she heads of into battle... she a very, very stong woman too!

@danielsun - yes lets have a very big twist or even two.;)

Jurre
3rd Jul 2010, 10:28
I have but the characters (compared to others) have no depth to them, I don't care if they die or not... which is something I want to feel.

Well I think Legend may not be the most emotionally driven gamestory ever - I can also think of others who did that better - but for a Tomb Raider game it was very deep and emotional, which is what the majority of the fans don't like and therefore all of that was flushed down the toilet in Underworld.

So unless they're gonna surprise me with some amazing and epic tale in the next Tomb Raider with characterdepth and brilliant storytwists I've given up on expecting that from TR. I'll look in the Assassins Creed series and anything the Ninja Theory studio produces for that...

Ants_27_
3rd Jul 2010, 17:00
Well I think Legend may not be the most emotionally driven gamestory ever - I can also think of others who did that better - but for a Tomb Raider game it was very deep and emotional, which is what the majority of the fans don't like and therefore all of that was flushed down the toilet in Underworld.

So unless they're gonna surprise me with some amazing and epic tale in the next Tomb Raider with characterdepth and brilliant storytwists I've given up on expecting that from TR. I'll look in the Assassins Creed series and anything the Ninja Theory studio produces for that...

True, I've still got Heavy Rain, MGS and even Uncharted (also Ninja Theory as you said) for that!:D

_Love2Raid_
3rd Jul 2010, 20:57
You both might want to check out the game Enslaved, it´s a new game that Ninja Theory is working on. Looks quite promising if you ask me. :)

Release date: this year´s October.