PDA

View Full Version : K&L2:DD Demo Impressions - Second Attempt (now with maturity)

JackGordon
30th Jun 2010, 20:48

"Yes, I know. It's not here yet. But I thought it would be a good idea to create a thread where we can all write down our first impressions & random comments about the demo.

There's just one rule: let's all try to stay on topic, please. Because I'm hoping the devs will visit this thread to read our honest thoughts, so let's not waste their time by making a mess out of it.

So in the meantime, we wait... "

kelly is belly
1st Jul 2010, 10:17
The other thread is locked so. Iam on the demo now
and the multiplayer rank, style and criminal loyalty is perfect
its says when you join and sitting in the lobby how reliable the person is
and there style it says "stray dog" witch would be default. criminal rank I am default witch is mugger

and not to mention the waiting music is pretty good fit
the game is like a movie when your running threw gunfire with the camra effect
alot of guns to buy
and fun as ****

HAS under cover cop
cops and robbers
fragile alliance

Acid_Burn
1st Jul 2010, 12:52
Thread's unlocked now.
Post your impressions ONLY. Otherwise - don't be surprised if your post is missing.

BeardedHoplite
1st Jul 2010, 15:21
Alright lets start with the improvements

Aiming and cover taking is 100 percent better,and this is good because that was K&L 1's main problem.

The music was actually noticable this time around, and i must say it fits the game

Controls were much smoother

And the downsides

The steps to prevent betrayal were a step in the right direction, but i think the whole traitor system needs to be done away with

taylornathan2991
1st Jul 2010, 15:28
In the choice of where to choose guns...how many are there??? Is there ghost loading? Or is it actual loading of magazines?:hmm:

GrievousOdyssey
1st Jul 2010, 15:36
The music was actually noticable this time around, and i must say it fits the game

Oh so There Is a proper original soundtrack to the game then ? ...

The steps to prevent betrayal were a step in the right direction, but i think the whole traitor system needs to be done away with

Is the system really that broken or is it the players who don't play Fragile Alliance the way it was meant to be played ? ...

One of Seven
1st Jul 2010, 15:38
This game is BADASS. Everything from the sound, scenery, gameplay, and so on is amazing to me, and IOIDEV6 got punked!

taylornathan2991
1st Jul 2010, 15:42
Could someone put up a weapons list thats in mp? Could someone also put up a full video review of the demo and mp onto youtube or somethin? lol:o

UhUh
1st Jul 2010, 15:43
So...I've played it :D
First impression? looks waaaaaay better than I've expected! the camera works really well, and all the action comes to life like I've never seen before.

The loading screen banter is back, while the screen fills like the mosaic in the website.
I've played the single player in hard mode(take note there's an other "extreme" mode) and it's challenging, with one or two shots you hit the ground, police don't wait for you and will swarm whenever they can; also the wooden covers will shatter and expose you, if you realy too much on one cover, they'll spam your general position, while others advance leaving you without much of a choice.

You'll find around extinguishers and other stuff to throw and shoot to explode, also you'll have to search for ammo or new weapons as they'll run out of ammo fast.
The shooting is precise, there isn't much of an outaim, but it feels right; the cover works well, is fast and reliable. The banter in game is well written and acted(duh) but sometimes you won't hear Kane if he's too far away or there's too much noise.
The civillian sometimes seem to take it too easy, considering there's a firefight going on, they'll keep walking like nothing happend, quite silly.

Multiplayer's fun, I like that there's a story going on in the mission, and the characters talk to each other during the heist. There's also some bad things: there's no autobalance, so if somebody disconnects from round to round, one team will be in disadvantage; waiting for a full lobby can be a pain, since it won't start with less player than is needed(8 for FA), would be nice if bots could take the place of the missing players. ALso, sometimes for no reason some guys will slide instad of walking too, hope this things can be worked out somehow; the scoring system is a little weird too, in the undercover mode in particular, would be nice if killing the UC would grant you some points, instead you may find yourself doing all the work of rattling him out, just to die and get a total of zero.

All considered it feels great, there's some quirky things to fix up, but even as it is now, it's great. Any questions?

ps: in response to the questions:
no ghost reloading, you reload with the right bumper;
no the soundtrack is ambient like, not like the first;
how many weapons...can't remeber now, but there are many, divided into guns, shotguns, submachine guns and rifles, each with a bunch of types.

taylornathan2991
1st Jul 2010, 15:47
Nice thanx for the info man! :D

II J0SePh X II
1st Jul 2010, 15:49
F'ed up on my first couple of games and thought I wouldn't enjoy it, but after getting used to the controls and tempo of battles I'm enjoying it immensely. Stunning visuals, tense battles and a really cool vibe in the environments.

UhUh
1st Jul 2010, 15:50
the guns are 9 for type, exept for shotguns wich are 6.

GrievousOdyssey
1st Jul 2010, 15:54
I've played the single player in hard mode(take note there's an other "extreme" mode) and it's challenging, with one or two shots you hit the ground, police don't wait for you and will swarm whenever they can; also the wooden covers will shatter and expose you, if you realy too much on one cover, they'll spam your general position, while others advance leaving you without much of a choice.

Multiplayer's fun, I like that there's a story going on in the mission, and the characters talk to each other during the heist.

Sounds marvelous ...

waiting for a full lobby can be a pain, since it won't start with less player than is needed(8 for FA),

Wait what ? ...

Do you think it's only for the demo or is it also going to be like this in the full game ? because in two years , no , in A Year i doubt we'll be getting four players everyday , let alone eight ! ...

UhUh
1st Jul 2010, 15:55
Wait what ? ...
Do you think it's only for the demo or is it also going to be like this in the full game ? because in two years , no , in A Year i doubt we'll be getting four players everyday , let alone eight ! ...

Yup, that's my concern, too; hope they change it.

taylornathan2991
1st Jul 2010, 15:56
the guns are 9 for type, exept for shotguns wich are 6.

Like can you name them all or are they locked weapons? :hmm: I hope I'm not trying to be to demanding lol

UhUh
1st Jul 2010, 15:58
Forgot to mention, since I'm playing it in a non-lcd tv I find that the type it's a little too small to read...

UhUh
1st Jul 2010, 16:01
Like can you name them all or are they locked weapons? :hmm: I hope I'm not trying to be to demanding lol

You unlock them by playing, there's the name and a little description about where they where found, but you can buy them inbetween rounds...can't do right now.

sigrun
1st Jul 2010, 16:04
Played through the singleplayer bit and it was great! It's pretty straight forward and all the elements work really well together.

Played some online Cops&Robbers. It's defiantly unique and addicting! Though a few things quickly annoyed me; one was the amount of damage a player can take, it just seems way too high.

Also I am not sure I like the "down not out" mechanic in MP. It can make it a bit frustrating, both being the player trying to get up as well as the player whose just unloaded a clips at someone, and then they pop up.

Other player movement in MP is also a bit too quick and slidey.

None the less it's a great game!

sigrun
1st Jul 2010, 16:05
The camera effects, i know IO was trying to do something with it, but in the end it is annoying. In an update i'd like to see an option to turn them off.

There is an option the OPTIONS menu, though I haven't tried it.

II J0SePh X II
1st Jul 2010, 16:10
You can actually start with 6 players

RomeCaeser
1st Jul 2010, 16:14
I understand that a limit amount where givin but i believe i should have been amongst of those limited but i see the suits like it other wise, would have been a beautiful thing though you get a chance game wit me and truly understand why this game is so successful you must respect the green jacket once you loose it you can never get it back...green jackets for life "Strength and Honor" my gamer tag is the same RomeCaeser xbox360

taylornathan2991
1st Jul 2010, 16:16
http://www.stuffwelike.com/stuffwelike/wp-content/uploads/2009/07/Kane-And-Lynch-Dead-Men-1208.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NEX9VwxaJg4

This song kinda matches K&L lol Plus its gettin me in the mood for the game.
By the way look at the picture and listen to the song it matches pretty well lol

BeardedHoplite
1st Jul 2010, 16:34
Could someone put up a weapons list thats in mp? Could someone also put up a full video review of the demo and mp onto youtube or somethin? lol:o

I can get you a list.
http://www.imfdb.org/index.php/Kane_%26_Lynch_2:_Dog_Days
I did most of it

Also i think all of IO games actually show the magazine being ejected, which is awesome.

DaSilva_Peru
1st Jul 2010, 16:38
Indeed what would FA be without the possibility of backstabbing other people? But yeah it's a hard gamemode to realise. Also I can imagine the down not dead mechanic to be pretty annoying in multiplayer. Atleast it should require less shots to down the person then, but then it would probably make it too easy to become the traitor in the first place.

What to do, what to do. Hopefully everything will be perfectly rigth by release time.

driskal
1st Jul 2010, 17:03
So ive been playin the game for almost 2 hours, and Ill start by saying that its a HUGE leap forward from KL1. Heres a quik rundown of my thoughts

Graphics-
I really enjoy the new style the game is going for. Very realistic. Its got the whole youtube, handycam style going. Really grainy and gritty. The lighting is awesome. The animations are way more smooth and fluid this time around.
Definatly a big improvment from the first game! It actually feels like they have a guy following them around with a camera. Although the cam shakyness could be turned down just a tad.

Sound-
The sound is awesome! The guns sound better, theres alot of banter between Kane and Lynch, which makes it sound alot more realistic. The backround noise of the city is really cool too.

Gameplay-
To me, the biggest improvment in KL2 has to be the gameplay. They def stepped it up this time. The shooting feels spot on, way more crisp and accurate. The cover system has also had a big improvement. Its got the whole gears of war cover system going for it. Pressing A attaches you to cover, and you actually stay in it this time!
You can also vault over low cover and you can roll to cover that beside you. It doesnt feel awkward like the first game did

Multiplayer-
The MP in KL1 was cool, they went in a new direction from other games. But with the wonky controls, to me it just didnt work out. But this time around with the new improvements to everything the MP is a blast. The only thing is sometimes I feel its hard to kill a human player. They seem to take alot of bullets as opposed to NPC's.
And when playing cops n robbers, while playing as a cop i dont think theres a way you can choose your spawn.
When playing undercover cop, you dont get points for killing the Rat either.

Anyways theres a few things that IO need to work on, but other than that I think the game is Fantastic! I cant wait for the full version.
Thanks IO for giving me a shot to demo your game

UhUh
1st Jul 2010, 17:03
Wanted to add that on single, Kane holds his own, in the dialog he's the one who makes the calls and sometimes even mokes Lynch; also I there isn't the old cure mechanic, sometimes he gets downed, but I think he's immortal.

About the multiplayer, I think that people needs to get used to it, most of the times they betray too soon resoulting in their demise; about the health, sometimes it seems too much, as firefights can go on for long, but also a well placed shot to the head can kill almost instantly.

edit: wanted to point out for those who cares, there's the name of the artist for the chinese songs in the credits, I tried to write them down, but I can barely read the small font.

sigrun
1st Jul 2010, 17:09
I think the weapons in the game aren't using real names. There are some really cool guns though. There's one that's like a Glock that's gold with a black slide. And another one that's electric blue with a pink handle or something.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NEX9VwxaJg4

This song kinda matches K&L lol Plus its gettin me in the mood for the game.
By the way look at the picture and listen to the song it matches pretty well lol

LOL! Eminem? Yea... I personally don't think that kind of music represents K&L.

sigrun
1st Jul 2010, 17:13
About the multiplayer, I think that people needs to get used to it, most of the times they betray too soon resoulting in their demise; about the health, sometimes it seems too much, as firefights can go on for long, but also a well placed shot to the head can kill almost instantly.

I think you're right. The annoyances I mentioned feel quite minor after playing some more.

edit: wanted to point out for those who cares, there's the name of the artist for the chinese songs in the credits, I tried to write them down, but I can barely read the small font.

Actually, I was wondering about this.

Nick@IO
1st Jul 2010, 17:22
I think you're right. The annoyances I mentioned feel quite minor after playing some more.

Actually, I was wondering about this.

I'll try to get you the names of those guys.

Baz
1st Jul 2010, 18:35
It's the same core game as the first with some improvements. My bottom line, if you didn't like the first one, you probably won't like the sequel.

My major issues:

Too much health in multiplayer (same as first game?) and no cooldown for downed players to get up and move to cover result in extended gunfights. Don't be surprised if you run out of ammo in player vs. player fights. I also was disappointed to see that hipfiring is just as effective as the first game. So, like the first game, gunfights turn into strafing wars shooting from the hip. NPC enemy AI hasn't changed much from the first. They're tough but ultimately lifeless.

I did not see the SIG 552 in the weapons list. Most are weapons you would expect to see in Asia.

MaceUk
1st Jul 2010, 20:21
Really enjoying the demo. Love the grainy feel and the camera and these are 2 of the best characters currently in a game IMO, feels like a movie.

MP is good and a refreshing change to a tagged on DM/TDM in soooo many games and you feel like you're playing an extension of the SP. Hopefully there will be a longer time limit in the full game?

Lastly, IO make a Hitman game with this graphics engine, grit and style...please :)

sigrun
1st Jul 2010, 20:34
Lastly, IO make a Hitman game with this graphics engine, grit and style...please :)

I think hitman blood money did have the same basic graphics engine. But I'd rather not see a hitman game in the same style. This style should be left unique to kane and lynch.

But yea.. basically I want another hitman game!

awesome!

drdrillvga
1st Jul 2010, 21:13
i just played the single player part of the demo, i really didnt like kane and lynch 1 single player but i enjoyed the demo of number 2 :)

OrochiLeona
1st Jul 2010, 21:39
Just a few thoughts.
Really really into the presentation, look, atmosphere and "feel" of the game.

Enemy AI is dumb, game is essentially a ultra basic third person shooter.
Kudos for improving the cover system, its much better but it could use a running slide, ala Splinter Cell conviction or Red Dead.
Character voice volume often inappropriate, shouting at each other when standing face to face or whispering from opposite sides of the map, but I guess thats just the volume the script was recorded at.

Multiplayer modes are very cool, especially when people are "playing them properly" as it were.

Huge strides from the first game, but other than presentation and visual style, it's not a step into any new territories for this type of game.
But I'll be buying it, I'm into the character and love the games grindhouse look from intro to menus to loading screens. Multiplayer is great.

I managed to complete an undercover cop mission as the cop.
Me > Tim Roth.

drdrillvga
1st Jul 2010, 21:53
just played some quick multiplayer and got killed by a dog lol, does anyone here know if we are allowed to record the demo and put it on youtube ?

Unpaid Intern
1st Jul 2010, 22:08
Someone's already posted footage in very decent quality:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3eAdNVUV9Bo

Rob0727
1st Jul 2010, 22:10
i really like the modes all are fun if i had any constructive criticism it would be more incentive not to be a traitor and a few times i accidentally shot a teammate and was labeled a traitor but thats not too bad i guess other then those two things the game is really amazing

drdrillvga
1st Jul 2010, 22:13
i was jus asking coz i didnt want to upload demo gameplay and have it flagged, i already have 1 strike against me on youtube lol

RomeCaeser
1st Jul 2010, 22:16
Cheers to the guys over @Eidos "Strength and Honor" still taking game in luv the grittyness of graphics gameplay seems to be pretty smooth recoil on gun is a little off pops just a lil to much don't really care for the get back up factor gonna give it a real work out in about an hour should have a better over veiw by then but so far i'm luvin it see u guys in the game

Rob0727
1st Jul 2010, 22:18
yes also new hitman i agree 100%

TAPETRVE
1st Jul 2010, 22:19

I'd rather go with this. This must be how Lynch perceives the world around him:

z-nQBi6KzvY

Bionicicide
1st Jul 2010, 22:42
Awesome weapon controls/characters and voices/environments and atmopshere/sound. Story mode is not a run-and-gun and requires tactical cover position (I can confirm lol). Got in a couple FA games, will put in more time tonight as multiplayer looks like it'll be more addicting than I originally thought.

1 thing I hate is that Lynch's back doesn't carry the assault rifle, but it works when you use the assault rifle and then the shotgun is on Lynch's back. Please tell me this will be fixed IOI.

Moeez
1st Jul 2010, 23:01

Try playing on HARD. Just don't cry :p

Faulttt
1st Jul 2010, 23:13
I Dont Like that i cannot start a party with friends or invite friends to my game.
I also dont like that i cant keep playing with the party i just played against.
The Matchmaking system is also a nuisance.

BUT I LOVE THE GAMEPLAY, too much fun

GrievousOdyssey
1st Jul 2010, 23:20
Character voice volume often inappropriate, shouting at each other when standing face to face or whispering from opposite sides of the map, but I guess thats just the volume the script was recorded at.

Me > Tim Roth.

That could be a embarrasing issue , i mean in the first game they used earpiece , so if the character is too far away from you you'll hear what he is saying through the earpiece , the same line of dialogue would switch its volume accordingly ... it'll be a shame if Dog Days can't do the same ...

Also well done on surviving , snitch ...

Story mode is not a run-and-gun and requires tactical cover position (I can confirm lol).

I've noticed that a few of you do contradict each other , i assume some played on easy other on hard , is that it ? ...

Lol they could name that for the trophy / achievement for finishing the game on its hardest difficulty , "Just don't cry" ...

OrochiLeona
1st Jul 2010, 23:37
Will playing on Hard stop the Police from facing the wrong direction when I flank them then stroll up alongside and deliver a point blank head-shot?

or will it just mean I'll die in fewer hits?

I said the A.I was dumb, not "easy"

Oh yeah, another plus point, I had a lagless match that featured many international players. groovy.

Also well done on surviving , snitch ...
Just doing my job, to protect and serve.
... Which apparantly means "murder the gang I've infiltrated" :P

I.R
2nd Jul 2010, 00:16
i like what i see in the demo. only problems i have are the players health and the one bad map they gave us. i never played the first K&L game, so are all of the FA maps so small and linear?

Baz
2nd Jul 2010, 00:20
I agree with your opinions on the AI. All too often I've seen the police run around like chickens with their heads cut off. They don't retreat or react to being flanked or rushed. You'd think the AI would be more deadly up close but they become scatter minded and are content with being grabbed or shot down. Defeating the lifeless AI in K&L2 just isn't a rewarding experience.

taylornathan2991
2nd Jul 2010, 01:03
I can get you a list.
http://www.imfdb.org/index.php/Kane_%26_Lynch_2:_Dog_Days
I did most of it

Also i think all of IO games actually show the magazine being ejected, which is awesome.

tite thanx man! :D

taylornathan2991
2nd Jul 2010, 01:10
I think the weapons in the game aren't using real names. There are some really cool guns though. There's one that's like a Glock that's gold with a black slide. And another one that's electric blue with a pink handle or something.

lol its more for the moment cause I was listening to eminem and i was looking at k&L2 stuff haha:lmao:

ohitspatty
2nd Jul 2010, 02:52
I played it today for hours and hours. Few Undercover Cop modes, few Cops & Robbers and whole lot of Fragile Alliance. I'm really enjoying the those changes that were made. I'm very impressed with it and can't wait till the game comes out.

-Gun selection
-Improved enemy A.I
-Shaky-camera style and filters
-Level design is more interesting
-The fact that you have use the back door to get into the van
-Timer set to four minutes, it makes the whole game fast paced the way it should be

DISLIKES
-Rank system to unlock the better guns (better players will have more advantage?)

Bionicicide
2nd Jul 2010, 03:15
Really don't like magic pockets for the weapons in my shooters, thought carrying them became standard this generation... only Lynch's default shotgun works (maybe pistols too, didn't check).

TheOhrenberger
2nd Jul 2010, 03:29
It's annoying how in the demo I can't search for a game with my friends. I can't get a real opinion

Zidrien
2nd Jul 2010, 03:31
I think it's better that way. Stops boosting.

ohitspatty
2nd Jul 2010, 03:54
Not necessarily , all you have to do is keep playing , which also means that even those who can play the game for jack **** Will sooner or later have the better weapons , especially those who play it for six months straight ...

It's even worst ...

Well, I have my good days and I have my bad days so I'm defiantly not going to get the RANK #1 shotgun lol

zephyr1991
2nd Jul 2010, 04:00

Yay we are one step closer!

The only thing I have a problem with is some player wont die. Ever. They take a clip point blank and go down, then I switch to my SMG and spray em up... and somehow I end up dead. This being said I must wonder, can you "headshot" human players?

ohitspatty
2nd Jul 2010, 04:04
Yes you can head shot a human player...with a shotgun at close range :D I do that all the time.

kelly is belly
2nd Jul 2010, 06:27
perfect like playing a movie FA IS ALL I PLAY i get a game quick and its fun as ****

Yay we are one step closer!

The only thing I have a problem with is some player wont die. Ever. They take a clip point blank and go down, then I switch to my SMG and spray em up... and somehow I end up dead. This being said I must wonder, can you "headshot" human players?

Pretty much you just suck, the games new i realize buts its no complaint

Wanted to add that on single, Kane holds his own, in the dialog he's the one who makes the calls and sometimes even mokes Lynch; also I there isn't the old cure mechanic, sometimes he gets downed, but I think he's immortal.

Its part of the game
Alot of people get betrayed earlie

I played it today for hours and hours. Few Undercover Cop modes, few Cops & Robbers and whole lot of Fragile Alliance. I'm really enjoying the those changes that were made. I'm very impressed with it and can't wait till the game comes out.

-Gun selection
-Improved enemy A.I
-Shaky-camera style and filters
-Level design is more interesting
-The fact that you have use the back door to get into the van
-Timer set to four minutes, it makes the whole game fast paced the way it should be

DISLIKES
-Rank system to unlock the better guns (better players will have more advantage?)

the guns arent really over powered in this game its more realistic pretty much a guns a gun in this game witch i like

Just a few thoughts.
Really really into the presentation, look, atmosphere and "feel" of the game.

Kudos for improving the cover system, its much better but it could use a running slide, ala Splinter Cell conviction or Red Dead.

Multiplayer modes are very cool, especially when people are "playing them properly" as it were.

Huge strides from the first game, but other than presentation and visual style, it's not a step into any new territories for this type of game.
But I'll be buying it, I'm into the character and love the games grindhouse look from intro to menus to loading screens. Multiplayer is great.

Me > Tim Roth.

are you really complainng about some charaters voice yelling
every one is so damn picky and winey on this forum

kelly is belly
2nd Jul 2010, 06:47
Nah , you mean you hope the developers don't read Your posts in this forum ...

NOPE i hope they dont read all these little baby's complaining

Nick@IO
2nd Jul 2010, 07:14
This game is BADASS. Everything from the sound, scenery, gameplay, and so on is amazing to me, and IOIDEV6 got punked!

FYI - IOIDEV006 was Kim Krogh, the designer of the multiplayer experience. Not a bad kill there, champ :)

UhUh
2nd Jul 2010, 07:37
To those complaining about the AI...just play it in hard.
If anybody wanted to know how the hostage situation works: basically when near someone, you get "press b to take as hostage" then if you're the one taken, you have to mash on the right button that appears on the screen till you get free, if you do it right you find yourself down on the ground.

UhUh
2nd Jul 2010, 07:51
Yeah, it's fun now whenever somebody gets too close I'm alway thinking if this guy want to betray.

Oh, since nobody said nothing about the arcade mode...well it's fun :D the first rounds are very easy and you can get away doing the traitor thing, but in as you go on things get more interesting as both your team and police gets smarter and you have to keep on with them.

These could be a fun thing to do on FA as well, since we have to play 3 rounds, if the difficoulty increased every round would be awesome.

GrievousOdyssey
2nd Jul 2010, 07:54
So which do you prefer , Arcade Mode or Fragile Alliance ? ...

UhUh
2nd Jul 2010, 07:57
FA, playing with others has always that random thing happening that makes it worthwhile.

GrievousOdyssey
2nd Jul 2010, 08:03
Just as i though , Arcade Mode is more predictable than Fragile Alliance , shame , because bots could have been a lot more unpredictable ...

UhUh
2nd Jul 2010, 08:08
Just as i though , Arcade Mode is more predictable than Fragile Alliance , shame , because bots could have been a lot more unpredictable ...

In the interviews they say it's more like a learning tool than anything else, so that's probably why.
But I like it, it's like a survival mode, just go untill you can't get anymore.

Zidrien
2nd Jul 2010, 10:27
The game was great, except for the issue of the multiplayer "Host closed the game session" thing. That kinda sucked.

JackGordon
2nd Jul 2010, 11:33
There's a lot to say but I'm keeping it to the point for the devs to read. Just the good & the bad.

* The good (in general)
- menu layout is easy to navigate, nothing is confusing.
- game runs smoothly
- fun & challenging
- hurray for the extreme difficulty option!
- guns feel good.
- upgrade system (mp) is easy.
- visual style works fine for me

* The bad (in general)
- no online or splitscreen co-op for the story in this demo
- mp matches end once the host quits. Would be nice to see a host migration...
- not sure about the frequent 'buffering'-ring, personally I would've expected something Ã*-la Soldier of Fortune (a gun magazine would fill up with bullets to simulate a loading bar) but frankly, it is of no importance.

ARCADE MODE
The good: perfect to get some practice before going online
The bad: impossible to skip the introduction every time I start an Arcade game... I know what I'm supposed to do.

EDIT: random note: it's a shame online/splitscreen co-op isn't a part of the Arcade mode experience.

random note II: just a little hint for those of you who would like to try out weapons that can't be bought in the demo: become a traitor in Arcade Mode ;) Your dead mates will leave some sweet weaponry behind for you to try out...

UNDERCOVER COP:
The Good: the level of extreme paranoia is what makes UC work. Hardest mp mode.
The Bad: minimum 8 players to start match? UC could work with four...

random note: it took a while to find a match but when I did I was happy to see "SquareEnixUK" in my lobby. Anyways, when the first round started, it didn't take me too long to recognize the UC, so I killed him (he was also Belgian, by the way :p)... The UC after this round was really good (Sir Knight something), I didn't know it was him until he killed the last two remaining mercs (me and some other dude). Being the UC definitely requires some skill.

COPS & ROBBERS:
The Good: Infinite respawns! :p
The Bad: minimum 8 players before we can start? C&R could work with 6.

THE ABSOLUTE BEST of the demo: the thrill of it all. Plain & simple.
THE ABSOLUTE WORST of the demo: unfortunately is something that can't be fixed... It's the voice acting of the characters while loading a mp game. Sorry to say but I cringed...
What hopefully can be fixed, however, are the 'minimum 8 players'-issue for UC & C&R.

CONCLUSION: 2010 is a pretty decent year for gaming and so far, based on what I've played here, Kane & Lynch 2: Dog Days just got my nomination for GOTY because of its unique style, challenging difficulty and, above all, fun gameplay. Well done. *applauds while standing*

Two final notes
- a funny one: allow me to quote my mum when she saw what I was playing. "Wha....? NO! WHAT HAVE YOU DONE TO THE TV?! DID YOU BREAK IT?! DID YOU?!"
- a releiving one: one can outrun the dogs. Dog Man is happy.:cool:

OrochiLeona
2nd Jul 2010, 11:52
you dont belong on kane and lynch you complain about the dumbest ****e
seriously complaining about a charater yelling i hope the devs dont read these FORUMS
Lulz.
I wrote what I honestly thought of the demo because that's the point of this thread. And most of what I said was positive.
Why waste your own time having a go at everybodys criticisms.
Youre way too angry to take seriously :)

Another plus point, loving all the menu screens, they're very atmospheric.

Nick@IO
2nd Jul 2010, 12:22
If your recent post is missing, it's because it was off-topic and got shredded. Have a nice day.

RomeCaeser
2nd Jul 2010, 13:40
Multi Player Fragile Alliance: Ok I have givin it sum play and to be very honest i like the game but sum things kinda bug me...i think the dot for you to aim should be added other wise seems like ur shootin all over the place wasn't a fan of the get back up thing but it is kinda cool shootin from the ground the AI wit the cops and surrondings is great they don't just do same thing over and over, like the explosion tactics but granades seem to be more realistic true to old Kain and Lynch still can't figure how to win or loose lol in fragile alliance but gameplay seems pretty smooth,also think that the van takes way to many bullets to blow hope you guys fix the massive recoil on the guns, over all the multi player is excellent wit room for improvements. please don't get caught up wit combining elements similair to games like call of duty Kain & Lynch is not that, it's a game of heist and wits. I'd like to thank Eidos for giving me a chance to play the demo and hopefully when finished product comes out it will be even more impressive, i plan to play each part and give constructive imput on each segment...enjoy it now gamers once i figure this thing out it's back to bizzness

RomeCaeser
2nd Jul 2010, 14:00
To the many gamers of Rome... i will not lie nor let you down i will be true to the game and give you a real overveiw thus far we shall rule again from the UK to US to China this one so far seems to be a must get sorry if you didnt get the demo but when i play i play for all of us..."loyalty is the key, the money is easy for me in the game Kain & Lynch" Push A ......if you would like Push A ringtone dedicated to Kain&Lynch text 5031262 to 69937 it is free and shall remain until game comes out in Aug

monkiemurdie
2nd Jul 2010, 14:30

I disagree I have played arcade for a few hour this morning.

It's not as simple as it seems.

The AI will betray you and it seems dependent on what you did on previous rounds.

First off I thought the first round and second round are easy however the third is easy if you didn't double cross in the second

I killed a few people and took the cash in the second and did a 50:50 split with the driver thus ending the round.

In the third I almost immediately got shoot early in the third round by ai Bot of course he came up as a traitor and I shoot him but not before another guy tried to kill me. i keep my head down for a while before cautionously making my way back to the pack. I started pulling my weight and made it to the end of round three.

Round 4 and 5 If you are a nut case you will shoot your team mates and suffer even the AI turns against its own. and the cops just kill your other squad mates leaving you by yourself.

In round 5 I tried to work with everyone but the cops are so tough blowing holes in the bots.

I havent made it any higher than round 5.

In essence they start to betray in rounds 3-4 and 5 is way hard without bot support.

I suppose if you are squeaky clean through the rounds the probability of the AI turning is lower. even though arcade doesn't display your loyalty like in multiplayer I do beliive backstabbing in early rounds of 1-2 will give you greater number of traitors in the later in round 3-4.

In this respect I think the trust gap between rounds 2-4 need brought in a bit tighter and the cops in rounds 4-5 are fiendish. and may require a softining for round 5. as there is little chance of escape.

NOTE at the end of round 2 an additional gun is opened up in the assult rifle wether that was due to the fact I shot 3 people took the cash and abandoned the rest them so I ranked up I am unsure.

cheers
monkie

GrievousOdyssey
2nd Jul 2010, 14:35
But then if you hadn't betrayed any of the bots in the first place , and if you all work together as a team , they wouldn't think of betraying you , would they ? ...

UhUh
2nd Jul 2010, 14:36
Multi Player Fragile Alliance: Ok I have givin it sum play and to be very honest i like the game but sum things kinda bug me...i think the dot for you to aim should be added other wise seems like ur shootin all over the place wasn't a fan of the get back up thing but it is kinda cool shootin from the ground the AI wit the cops and surrondings is great they don't just do same thing over and over, like the explosion tactics but granades seem to be more realistic true to old Kain and Lynch still can't figure how to win or loose lol in fragile alliance but gameplay seems pretty smooth,also think that the van takes way to many bullets to blow hope you guys fix the massive recoil on the guns, over all the multi player is excellent wit room for improvements. please don't get caught up wit combining elements similair to games like call of duty Kain & Lynch is not that, it's a game of heist and wits. I'd like to thank Eidos for giving me a chance to play the demo and hopefully when finished product comes out it will be even more impressive, i plan to play each part and give constructive imput on each segment...enjoy it now gamers once i figure this thing out it's back to bizzness

http://imgur.com/0hbob.jpg

Anyway I like as it is is , about the dot/crosshair, so you can't easly shoot without the ironsight.

monkiemurdie
2nd Jul 2010, 14:46
But then if you hadn't betrayed any of the bots in the first place , and if you all work together as a team , they wouldn't think of betraying you , would they ? ...

yes that is the dilema isn't it you will get more if you eliminate the bots and take more of the cash but in later rounds you may not go as far.

I was by far and away the biggest money earner at the end of round 2 and suffered in round three for it but the point is to earn more money.

Maybe give it a play playing the different styles seeing which one you score more on. and whether you think you get betrayed more.

Cheers
Monkie

Bevacur
2nd Jul 2010, 15:54
Omfg IO, this game is ******* awesome!

Take's a while to kill someone though, but its amazing! Loved it so far.

My criminal traitor thingie is pretty bad :(

monkiemurdie
2nd Jul 2010, 16:05
Is the system really that broken or is it the players who don't play Fragile Alliance the way it was meant to be played ? ...[/QUOTE]

yeap i got gunned down in one room just after we collected the cash in fact the rest of the room went shooting at the end of it just 2 players started heading up the map maybe 100m from the start point and to make matters worse in round two the same thing happened it was shortly after this the host quited. and thankfully the game ended.

I am fearfull of the underagers getting this game.

what i worry about is parties eliminating other players.

monkiemurdie
2nd Jul 2010, 18:27
It's already a problem in Dead Men , apparently things doesn't look all that better for Dog Days , shame ...

directed at gnr and ohitspatty
Hi have just posted a question to the developers asking whether or not parties will gain exp. and rank in player matches and whether large parties (parties >3) are allowed to join FA in the dev Q&A sticky on the main KL2 forum. I guess we will see if we get a reply.

I mean i don't mind parties in C&R but not FA. if parties can't join ranked or join a player in a ranked match, then thats where I am going.

If I am going to party up I will do it in a private match with my buddies like KL cos there is nothing more evil or annoying than nailing your friends and taking the cash especialy with the hostage and exceute. (evil laugh)

monkiemurdie
2nd Jul 2010, 20:49
menus

the camera views from the first perspective of apartment (with the brave move of the soundtrack which i applaud), rain window and plane add to the feel of the game and make it feel fresh. i don't particulary ming the loads although i have seen several comments in the forum about this.

menu's are functional and clearly laid out.

single player
What an overhaul! even a buddy of mine was sold just playing this. he was 50/50 before but not anymore.

It is a world away from K&L with respect to the environments and level design. I am a big fan of yakuza franchise and K&L2 street scape is altogether very convincing. (praise to the lead artist and animators and all those who took part). it's just not the fact that the lighting and the grimy decay of the shanghi streets are about the best i have seen in a game for a urban scape but also the organic vibrant feel of the pedestrians and shop owners add to this far more than other games. by far and away better than yakuza even recent splinter cell conviction or stranglehold. and certainly rivalling MW2 south American fleeing scene for the organic feel. even down to the little things like dvds falling off racks it looks good.
(I loved the night club scene in the original and can't wait to see what scenarios are in the kl2.)

but before we get to ahead of our self the restaurant could have used alittle more life in it I feel. and character models, well not class leading. but forget about that.

plenty people have voiced comments about the camera I approve that's all i have to say on it.

The next biggest single player improvement is the level design as it is significantly more complex, their are obvious corridor load areas and chock points. but there is a surprising amount of free roam associated with parts of the level which you may not expect from a corridor shooter. obviously there is a lose of detail and organic feel to these areas.
for example in the construction/derilect site I feel a few thing could have brought this environment to life. but hey its an improvement to create wider areas to change the feel of the game. the complexity and routes should provide more flexibility during co-op play and headaches especially when your buddy is down. and you need to get to him If that is still in the game (adrenaline).

AI
my only gripe is that the enemy seems to always be in the same spot and rarely break position. so repeat coop game-play may suffer.

Multiplayer FA and UC
well the graphics are pegged back of course to cope with network play. again the AI need to get abit more diverse same as the single player with enough play you will know how many and where with the exception of human Cop re-spawns of course.

I would like to see the addition of ai cop reinforcement at the end of the levels after the first van leaves to drive people little harder and create more random events when waiting for the second, third, fourth van. and maybe little more time spacing between the arrival of the vans.

C&R
sorry i just find it a bit to dry not really interested in this mode. like old school team death match. I am buying the product for the dynamics of FA UC coop story and arcade i wouldn't be upset if you torched c&r in it's current form from the next game.

Gun Handaling
built on the original some players are really not going to like this but not me. i like the way its bouncing all over the place. But for small arms and assault it seems to be to difficult to hit at range and closing the gaps can be difficult.

Cheers
and thanks for the demo
Monkie

Brackstone17
2nd Jul 2010, 23:20
I love the demo so far. Apart from some glitches, it's been pretty flawless.

New Things
I love the fact that the multiplayer characters are actually full characters with voice acting.
I love the yellow card system. Really makes things more fair.
I love arcade mode.
I love the camera. It's awesome in every conceivable way
I love the update to weapon selection.

Old Things that are still around
I really like how the guns are still somewhat innacurate. They seemed to have found a balance with the aiming. It still feels like Kane and Lynch, but it far more polished.

Old things that have changed
Suits. This game needs more business suits.
Kane's scar is less noticeable. It's no big deal, but it's a bit weird.

So, overall, I love it. It's wonderful and I'm glad I had the chance to play the demo.

GrievousOdyssey
2nd Jul 2010, 23:22
Does Kane still has his tattoo ? ...

That's the One element we need to know if the "Kane is Agent 47" theory works or not ...

Bevacur
2nd Jul 2010, 23:29
I thought the yellow card system was rubbish, even if you did shoot someone by mistake, they will hunt you down and kill you, and get away with it.

Brackstone17
2nd Jul 2010, 23:34
Ok, I checked, Kane does not appear to have his tattoo anymore. That's not as weird as the scar thing though.

FrankTh3Tank
3rd Jul 2010, 00:23
so far im extremly impressed with this demo didnt expect this game to come back like it is controlls,camera and gunplay are awsome the cover system is perfect now THANK GOD cuz in the first one it was horrible the only thing i wish was in the game are iron sites or some sort of attachments for the wepons cuz it can get pretty hard to hit someone if there far away or maybe its just my suckyness lol.

TAPETRVE
3rd Jul 2010, 03:09
BTW, are the areas in SP as wide and open as they look in the videos?

Tannosuke
3rd Jul 2010, 12:58
Played the single player demo !

I like this game ! I have even played Kane & Lynch in PC. The K&L2 is way better than its predecessor in general terms ! I'm so happy to see that it has been improved over the years since the first one. :)

Keep the good work.

El Hadji
3rd Jul 2010, 14:27
Overall first impression of both SP and MP is positive, but I have had 99% of the online sessions destroyed by lag/latency issues. It would be pretty nice to see a regional filter implemented in the final product. I can't do much at my end - I'm on a 100Mbps fibre connection which works smooth for almost all other online titles (providing the matchmaking works as it should). Problem is that I ALWAYS end up on US hosted servers eventhough I have 20+ people on my friendslist*, located in Sweden where I live, that have the demo installed. Sometimes we spend up to 10 minutes ALONE in separate lobbies instead of being matched together. And when we do find players to try the game out with, they are located faaaaaaaar away giving us a horrible ping, i.e. we can't kill any opponents.

I hope this gets sorted out since this games offers a lot that other games doesn't. It also has a nice "feel" to it and the graphics is excellent!

*Many of my gaming buddies have this demo installed but unfortunatly we can't try the game out together and put the features to the test. I was provided a bunch of demo tokens in order to help promote this game on my website, but currently its pretty hard to do any promotion since most sessions gets completely ruined by lag issues...

BeardedHoplite
3rd Jul 2010, 15:16
One more complaint, the human shields. While they're fine on NPC's, but on human players just grab you and toss you to the ground, where he would then fill you with bullets. Although I have actually gotten a few kills after the thrower thought I was an easy kill

LUCKYDOGSLEVIN
3rd Jul 2010, 15:54
What a great way to start off the summer with alittle Fragile Alliance. Loving just about everything on there. Just wondering why I cant climb up on to a loading bay platform thats only about knee hieght? maybe I'm not pressing the right button, but stepping up on to things would be nice. And I'm sure I'm not the first to mention it but it would be nice if somthing could be done to keep the game going if the host quits or if all the players quit besides you. Keep the game going please.

Play The Music Don't Let The Music Play You
LUCKYDOGSLEVIN

krogh
3rd Jul 2010, 22:13
Hey JackGordon, thx for starting this thread - ton of cool comments

TAPETRVE
3rd Jul 2010, 22:22
He's calling himself Krogh! Like in Kim Krogh! Let's praise his awesomeness :D !

Alright, kidding aside, I got to play the demo at my buddie's today and I was blown away. The whole thing runs and feels incredibly fluid and fast, and it looks fantastic. Didn't get to test the MP, though, but I loved the singleplayer part. There were some AI hiccups here and there, where an enemy stood like a stuffed dummy, waiting to be shot, but most of the time, enemy AI was quite aggressive and pushed my position whenever they could.

GrievousOdyssey
3rd Jul 2010, 22:27
He's calling himself Krogh! Like in Kim Krogh!

Chances are he really is Kim ...

There were some AI hiccups here and there, where an enemy stood like a stuffed dummy, waiting to be shot, but most of the time, enemy AI was quite aggressive and pushed my position whenever they could.

Sounds just like Dead Men on Morphine ...
Marvelous ...

JackGordon
3rd Jul 2010, 22:30
Hey JackGordon, thx for starting this thread - ton of cool comments
My pleasure. :) Hope the comments are useful.

krogh
3rd Jul 2010, 22:30
Yup, that's my concern, too; hope they change it.

the server can force start the game with less than 8 players. The demo does have a lot of restrictions to it, and is "ranked" only - there will be LAN and player match in the final version so you can invite and play with friends
Kim Krogh
Game Director of Kane and Lynch 2: Multiplayer

krogh
3rd Jul 2010, 22:36
My pleasure. :) Hope the comments are useful.

Sure is. Patching the game in the following weeks and using all comments, both possitive and negatives.

Kim Krogh

GrievousOdyssey
3rd Jul 2010, 22:37
Kim Krogh

*gives flowers* ...

Yeah i know i don't play Fragile Alliance all that much , but anyone at IO deserves to have flowers and cookies ...

krogh
3rd Jul 2010, 22:43
You unlock them by playing, there's the name and a little description about where they where found, but you can buy them inbetween rounds...can't do right now.

In the final game you rank up in all game modes (also Arcade mode) and unlock weapons. But a demo cannot have a safe game and will not safe your rank/unlocked weapons

Kim Krogh

krogh
3rd Jul 2010, 22:45
*gives flowers* ...

Yeah i know i don't play Fragile Alliance all that much , but anyone at IO deserves to have flowers and cookies ...

thx dude

krogh
3rd Jul 2010, 23:04
Indeed what would FA be without the possibility of backstabbing other people? But yeah it's a hard gamemode to realise. Also I can imagine the down not dead mechanic to be pretty annoying in multiplayer. Atleast it should require less shots to down the person then, but then it would probably make it too easy to become the traitor in the first place.

What to do, what to do. Hopefully everything will be perfectly rigth by release time.

We implemented the Down Not Dead (DnD) feature to make the backstabbing more fair, intense and rewarding. Without DnD it was too easy to backstab and frustrating for the victim. We wanted to make sure you always have a 2nd chance when someone tries to backstab you. Its not a health system, its only the impact that down you. Strategy: go into the fight with a full clip, down the player, swap to secondary, keep moving, aim for head, kill ...
the system have been testet throughly but we will also use the demo to look the ballance

Kim Krogh
Game Director, Kane and Lynch 2: Multiplayer

krogh
3rd Jul 2010, 23:18
[QUOTE=El Hadji;1440086] ... It would be pretty nice to see a regional filter implemented in the final product... Problem is that I ALWAYS end up on US hosted servers ... giving us a horrible ping
I hope this gets sorted out since this games offers a lot that other games doesn't. It also has a nice "feel" to it and the graphics is excellent!

Sorry to hear mate - absolutely something we will be looking at/fixing.
The final game does have a ping filter and player match + invite system.
Glad you liked the game though

Kim Krogh

Kyodan
4th Jul 2010, 09:31
A lot of my impressions have already been mentioned by others (as well as from a different topic), but I'll throw it all in anyways:

1. Host migration + matchmaking
(for console players and PC players, unless PC gets...)

2. Dedicated servers + server browser
(optimal choice, but if not, I can't emphasize enough how important host migration is)

3. Randomized AI placement for FA
(would prevent matches from becoming stale and prevent players from playing strictly from memory)

4. FA and UC: add bots to fill up server to required amount of players
(kick them out one at a time once a new player joins, better than having to wait in a server to hit required player count)

5. FA and UC: AI reinforcements towards the end of a match
(builds up tension and provides more of a challenge [as an added bonus to tension, have ambient police sirens playing in the background to signify the arrival of reinforcements])

6. MP in general: HP needs to be bumped down a tad
(I understand the desire for having long and epic firefights, which is great, but I think we can afford to dial down the HP for players just a little bit so the firefight isn't drawn out too long)

7. Undercover Cop mode shouldn't be a mode in itself
(By having it an server/match option for FA rather than a separate mode, you don't drive away people that only want to play FA. At the same time, you don't have to worry about rewards for killing the UC)

P.S.: I don't think it's a good idea splitting the player base right away with the pre-order packs, more specifically the exclusive "Radio Tower" map that's included with the GameStop pre-order. The only thing that should differentiate the pre-order packs should be weapon and mask selections, not maps. It wouldn't be fair for people who pre-order elsewhere than GameStop to not be able to play on a certain server because they don't have the Radio Tower map.

Otherwise, amazing game! Definite step up from the first, looking forward to seeing FA get the recognition it deserved since KnL 1.

Bawabus
4th Jul 2010, 23:12
The Single Player

Gameplay
(Note: I played the game on Hard and on no other difficulty)
The single player is FUN, or, at least, I found it so.

The encounters are really hectic because of how quickly your enemies will zero in on you and take you down. They flank to better positions, use cover that gives them angles, and will straight up walk behind you and take you down without hesitating for a second if you're not paying attention to all their movements, which is rather difficult when they all pose a serious threat to your health and well-being.

The AI also deals with different situations extremely well. In areas with impermanent cover they were moving as much as they needed to be and kept my cover in a constant state of decay. The game had me running from degrading cover point to degrading cover point, constantly hurt, and constantly shooting--clawing to hold on to the situation. They are extremely aggressive in those situations and it was cool!

When there's permanent cover, the combat definitely feels different. The AI is more defensive and focused on exploiting your mistakes. They don't give you long out of cover, immediately punishing you for taking too long aiming or trying to move across a long distance without putting something solid between yourself and their bullets.

I don't want to go into great detail about what scenarios the demo puts you in (we've seen them all in videos), because I'd rather not spoil them for you. All you need to know is that each is interesting in its own right--different enough both aesthetically and mechanically.

Dialogue
(Note: The game does a good job of making you feel like you constantly need to move forward so I didn't get a chance to thoroughly dissect what was being said. But most of what was said didn't feel out of place.)
Kane and Lynch will yell at each other during fights, giving advice or bemoaning their shared situation. They also will speak calmly to one another during the aftermath of a fight, comment on their immediate and overarching goals and actions. The dialogue presented in the demo is good--none of it is forced.

One odd line was when you and your partner are moving out into the street and Kane tells Lynch to "play it cool" whilst both men brandish large shotgun-shaped objects. It made me laugh. Felt a little odd.

Art Direction
It's really great. I'll just run down a few of the little things that they do to create their style:

-when getting shot, the picture distorts, blurs, and artifacts appear on screen where the shooting is coming from. It obstructs your view enough to get your attention, then stops so that you're not losing visibility.

-when running there's lots of camera sway and jerk (which can be turned off), and it lags behind you like the cameraman started moving half-a-second after you. I wouldn't have minded it if as soon as you let go of the sprint button the movement didn't immediately stop. Maybe if the camera kept moving forward and jerking, but less so, like the cameraman was slowing himself down instead of just righting itself instantly it would feel better and add to the impact of momentum.

-when there's an explosion the camera and sound go crazy and it is awesome.

-there's all the distortion with lights that's been talked about, the graininess, and the constant focus and and focus out. None of its overdone.

-when going over a wall or opening a heavy door the camera cuts to the characters doing the action then cuts to you on the other side of the obstacles, forgoing other videogames' decision to linger on an action that the player is not taking part in and is uninteresting. It keeps the flow going.

In closing:

I like it.

Brackstone17
4th Jul 2010, 23:36
I agree about the AI. They don't wait around like some games and I like it that way. They will murder you if you give them half a chance.

I agree almost completely with your opinions.

Bevacur
4th Jul 2010, 23:42
I thought my xbox ****ed up where you blow up the shop. It was awesome.

Brackstone17
4th Jul 2010, 23:43
I thought my xbox ****ed up where you blow up the shop. It was awesome.
That was my reaction too. Then I realized IO are just really good at their jobs.

Kent-45
4th Jul 2010, 23:44
Quick question about Kane....

Does he actually take damage or run out of ammo? What does Kane do in firefights?

Do Kane & Lynch still share ammo with eachother when they run dry?

How much control over Kane do you have? Can you order him around, or does he mostly do his own thing?

I only ask because of all the demo footage, I've never seen Kane do anything but lay down fire. I also don't see the AI really shooting at him either. I've never seen him get knocked down or have to crawl to safety either.

Bevacur
4th Jul 2010, 23:46
Take damage? I see him get knocked over.

I never seen him pick up ammo but thats because i run of and just admire the scene.

I think they removed the sharing ammo or swapping weapons. You don't control Kane, he does his own stuff but when he talks he does command Lynch or you. Just like in the first game, Kane orders Lynch around.

Brackstone17
4th Jul 2010, 23:46
Kane just lays down fire and does his own thing. He gets downed and everything, but he never dies. And I'm really happy IO made him actually useful, he easily does his part during firefights.

GrievousOdyssey
5th Jul 2010, 00:07
So do these ****ers keeps saying the ******* words that every ******* body was ******* complaining about for Dead ******* Men or do they ******* stop saying the words **** ass **** altogether like a ******* bunch of ******* no good ******* ? ...

**** ! ...

Bawabus
5th Jul 2010, 00:47
Quick question about Kane....

Does he actually take damage or run out of ammo? What does Kane do in firefights?

Do Kane & Lynch still share ammo with eachother when they run dry?

How much control over Kane do you have? Can you order him around, or does he mostly do his own thing?

I only ask because of all the demo footage, I've never seen Kane do anything but lay down fire. I also don't see the AI really shooting at him either. I've never seen him get knocked down or have to crawl to safety either.

You have no control over him. He kills enemies and draws attention to open up lanes of movement for you. He is actually useful. I've seen him downed, but he's never died.

After the first fight I saw him search bodies, but this is probably just scripted. You can't share ammo.

Dude, I'm sorry you can't play it yet, because it is cool!

@grievous

There were actually lines without swearing! In the demo portion of the game, during the moments when there wasn't shooting, they actually seemed to hold their tongues every once in awhile and get a line out that didn't have a **** or **** or damn or ***** in it.

Having said that, there was still lots of swearing.

GrievousOdyssey
5th Jul 2010, 00:53
Well thank ******* god , because the script of Dead Men was os*******car worthy , mostly due to their excellent use of swearing , they should ******* teach people how to ******* swear properly at schools with Dead Men ... ******* epic ! ...

And ...
Kane searching bodies ? ...

:eek: ...
He's the new Lynch ! ...

TAPETRVE
5th Jul 2010, 02:13
What I really love is the constant change of pacing, with sudden jump-cuts or fast-forwarding effects during certain actions. If you are down and get back on your feet or simply do nothing for a moment, things suddelny speed up just for a sec, then get back to normal again. The whole action gets a gloriously jittery feeling that way, just as if there were frames gone missing during the "recording".

GrievousOdyssey
5th Jul 2010, 04:37
What I really love is the constant change of pacing, with sudden jump-cuts or fast-forwarding effects during certain actions. If you are down and get back on your feet or simply do nothing for a moment, things suddelny speed up just for a sec, then get back to normal again. The whole action gets a gloriously jittery feeling that way, just as if there were frames gone missing during the "recording".

What the ... how come nobody mentioned that before ? this is pretty revolutionary stuff ...

wavform
5th Jul 2010, 06:03
I dont have many complaints about the games controls and graphics. I think the overall feel of the game is most important and I give it 4.5 stars compared to whats out now. I'd give it a 5 if there where a few things added that would have probably prevented the first game from losing it's flare.

1. Maps- atleast 10 multiplayer maps
2. pedestrians during multiplayer matches
3. pedestrians that can be taken hostage as with police
4. hide the rewards from non cops during Undercover CoP mode.- Its too easy too weed out the cop in the demo
5. difficulty levels resulting in more police
6. more complex heist scenerios
7. stand off - animations adding character to npc police

As is the game is imersive for two reasons.
Shooter skill level x Tacticle skill level

It works for me but would explode if it atleast added pedestrians to the multiplayer. It would feel like a real movie everytime.

TAPETRVE
5th Jul 2010, 11:12
It works for me but would explode if it atleast added pedestrians to the multiplayer. It would feel like a real movie everytime.

Pedestrians or, at least, scenario-related staff like nightwatch personnel or clerkls, like in the first game.

UhUh
5th Jul 2010, 12:04
What the ... how come nobody mentioned that before ? this is pretty revolutionary stuff ...

Becouse it's not true, when you're downed and get up the animation is fast, but it's not a fastward effect of the camera.

@wavform: if I remember correctly the multiplayer maps are 6 or 7; civiallians are present in the maps as you can see even in the demo, just head on to the left path at the beginning of the heist and you'll see one running away.

I agree on the rest, in particular about taking civilians as hastages, it feels quite strange in the single player as you get the hint about taking hostages just when your surrounded by civillians but you can't take them...and I've seen plenty of videos where others fell for the same trick.

TAPETRVE
5th Jul 2010, 13:01
Becouse it's not true, when you're downed and get up the animation is fast, but it's not a fastward effect of the camera.

At least that's what it feels like. Look at further footage from the game, there's cars passing by at a strange pace, they behave like they're driven at slow speed, but they just zoom past. Everything that's not focused on seems to happen in time lapse.

About taking civilians hostage: There's still the chance to add this and it definitely should be added. There's no excuse like "Kane and Lynch don't take innocents hostage", if you can kill them without penalty, you should be able to go all the way. It's a tactical feature of quite some importance, after all.

GrievousOdyssey
5th Jul 2010, 14:27
I think it has something to do with how Lynch is more use to killing the hostages than putting them into good use ...

sigrun
6th Jul 2010, 15:46

any news on this?

Bawabus
6th Jul 2010, 16:00
I also really want to stress that, for Fragile Alliance and Undercover Cop, the AI need to be more difficult somehow. It's way too easy to run passed the majority of your AI opponents without even dealing with them.

I think having them chase you down would be great, because as it is they just cower behind cover in multiplayer and don't make any real attempt to take you down--that's even when there's one or two people left. It's too easy.

taylornathan2991
6th Jul 2010, 16:56
So far when I play mp I get an image like this lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZL9fnVtz_lc

GrievousOdyssey
6th Jul 2010, 16:59
So far when I play mp I get an image like this lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZL9fnVtz_lc

Someone left this comment ...

Best thing about this: No shaky cam! Its amazing! You can actually tell what the hell is going on!

Ironically Dog Days has nothing but shaky cameras ...

Kyodan
6th Jul 2010, 22:07
I also really want to stress that, for Fragile Alliance and Undercover Cop, the AI need to be more difficult somehow. It's way too easy to run passed the majority of your AI opponents without even dealing with them.

I think having them chase you down would be great, because as it is they just cower behind cover in multiplayer and don't make any real attempt to take you down--that's even when there's one or two people left. It's too easy.

Agreed. Make them very aggressive - I'm sure players want this to be a very difficult challenge, not a walk in the park.

Vulture
7th Jul 2010, 02:54
About Dog Days.. i played the demo tons of times, and i can say that gameplay is very improved compared to Dead men.. ditchin the squad was the right choice ( cant imagine Lynch giving Kane orders every sec)

The new 'visual' style is great,espically loved the effect when you blew up the kitchen but; this new style brought it problems.. The character models felt low quality compared to Dead men, of course the enviroment looks better since its more detailed then the first one.
Loved the effect on construction site .. the buildings lights reflected at the water

The 'human shield is kinda useless since you cant do it while you are at the front of your enemy.
It's very odd that there isnt melee

But Dog Days is missing stuff. It doesnt have the epicness, the perfect atmosphere, those beautiful music (well at least i had the chance to listen them while playing DD) that perfect scenario..
we kinda have a similiar plot line at Dog Days. again a person who loved by our characters got kidnapped and we try to save them. And we all know whats going to happen to Xiu, right?

Last few words about MP, its very improved but the new visual style is used heavier at Mp compared to SP that grain effect is too much for example
People cant seem to die :D When you hit them with a few mag they go to down not dead..
The angry chinese getaway driver is awesome
2 mins left, lets go aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!

Kyodan
7th Jul 2010, 06:42
Dog Days is missing stuff. It doesn't have the epicness, the perfect atmosphere, the beautiful music...

I agree as well. It has a lot atmosphere than the original KnL ever had, but it definitely needs a bit more to push the atmosphere to the top. Things that would help in MP:

- Sirens wailing through the air during a mission
- More pedestrians per map
- Some subtle ambient music (to get the adrenaline pumping towards the end of a round, and during a successful/unsuccessful mission)

Bawabus
7th Jul 2010, 14:09
I think the bleakness--the low feeling you get running through alleyways and small streets and the lack of music--is just a difference in style. I think they've done it well.

9th Jul 2010, 00:42
I loved the gameplay my only problem was with the sniper rifle, you can't see down the scope, and that one of the best things about a sniper gun, besides hitting somebody from afar. I hope they fix that.

sigrun
9th Jul 2010, 02:12
Having difficulty getting any games now. Tried each mode and no players would join.

It's a shame because I feel this game will be popular for only a small amount of time on Xbox Live.

Roaven
10th Jul 2010, 01:07
Great game, really great, but I can't find any matches online!

7Conviction7
10th Jul 2010, 03:34
Is it just me or does the way the camera bounces around when you sprint, not disorient you? I find it VERY distracting an uneasy!

An the look of the game...not for me. I was really looking forward to this as well. but the way the camera bounces ever where...doesn't sit well with me. I'm not someone who is sensitive at all to that kind of stuff in video games, normally, but this...it's so hard for me to play when I had to Sprint an the look of the game, is just, in my opinion...not right.

If this is how the game really will be released, I have to cancel my pre-order.
The way the camera moves is too much for me :( which sucks too, I was looking forward to this.

I agree as well. It has a lot atmosphere than the original KnL ever had, but it definitely needs a bit more to push the atmosphere to the top. Things that would help in MP:

- Sirens wailing through the air during a mission
- More pedestrians per map
- Some subtle ambient music (to get the adrenaline pumping towards the end of a round, and during a successful/unsuccessful mission)

7Conviction7
10th Jul 2010, 03:42
when running there's lots of camera sway and jerk (which can be turned off), and it lags behind you like the cameraman started moving half-a-second after you. I wouldn't have minded it if as soon as you let go of the sprint button the movement didn't immediately stop. Maybe if the camera kept moving forward and jerking, but less so, like the cameraman was slowing himself down instead of just righting itself instantly it would feel better and add to the impact of momentum.

It can be turned off? that's great news!

EDIT.....
ok JUST played it with camera turned off...SO MUCH BETTER

Kyodan
10th Jul 2010, 06:10
The way the camera moves is too much for me :( that sucks too, I was looking forward to this.

Like you mentioned, you can turn off the shakycam in the options. However, I wish there was an adjustment slider that you could tweak that determines the amount of shake the camera makes. Instead of turning it off completely, I would turn it down a considerable amount.

petersjov
10th Jul 2010, 08:14
My demo expression :rolleyes:
Yeah i just got home from vacation, so just tried the demo last night !!

Im only talking about the single player part:

The art style, is both great & ...maybe boring.
I love the style, and let me say the artstyle in the "in game" movies look great, the part where kane & lynch are at the shanghai saloon eating looks awesome, the way the shadows move, and the whole life like animation is spot on, off course the high cgi movies look good, but i thought i would write a few words on that "mood" start setting scene.

Ingame is beatifull, move fluid, the people models are great, and....is that ninjas that attack in the saloon, ...they almost look like black ninjas in the distance.

the boring part was me wondering where else or two buddys where going in the game, since the demo was very "grey/dark/brown and bright light" everywhere, the game-shop was a nice change in "look & feel"

Gameplay
SPOT ON!!, love the action, its great - and on hard the AI play ..HARD.. - Me like :D , its very very fast, love the camera ..and ofcouse it shakes..you just dont run calm around :), when people shoot at you.

I dont think the "take hostage" feature works in singleplayer ?, it will not work for me...

Things seem the break nicely, but the car/metal damage was a little boring, compared to the first one, hmmmm i may have to play more, but the damage in the saloon was "more" and the outside city was "less" it sees like the shooting "bricks/cover" of corners from the first kane&lynch is gone?

But i like it, it feels right and yes, more Tight than the first one.

Final:
......here it comes... and hate me, or love me...

I liked the Demo of kane & lynch dead men more......:nut: well, not all true, but what i tried in K&L2 was gameplay, pure gameplay - i think its because i know the story/start af it, but there was not a great peak at the story, or "set-pieces" in the story.

I LOVE the demo, and im going to buy it !!, but im looking forward for the complete story.

Javitxu69
10th Jul 2010, 09:47
[Impresiones] Demo de Kane & Lynch 2: Dog Days

Gracias a Koch Media hemos podido acceder a la demo exclusiva de Kane & Lynch 2: Dog Days, la secuela del juego de IO-Interactive, que arrancó el pasado 1 de Julio y en la que hemos podido probar a fondo una misión del modo historia en el nivel “El Restaurante” y el debutante Modo Arcade donde practicar con la CPU los distintos modos online en el mapa multijugador conocido como “Distrito Financiero” antes de adentrarnos en la batalla en lÃ*nea. Los tres modos de juego multijugador que la demo nos deja catar son: Alianza Frágil, Poli infiltrado – hasta 8 jugadores – y PolicÃ*as y Ladrones con 12 jugadores en lÃ*nea.

Secuestro en los suburbios de Shanghai
Nada más comenzar la demo vemos una ventana salpicada de gotas de lluvia adivinando una habitación de fondo desenfocada y un intermitente golpeo en la puerta, seguido de varios impropierios en japonés. La demo nos permite seleccionar una misión del modo campaña a la que me lanzo sin reservas. La acción sitúa a Kane ayudando a su colega Lynch a rescatar a Xiu, su chica, secuestrada por una policÃ*a corrupta que poblará las calles de Shanghai bien armada y de gatillo fácil. Controlaremos a Lynch mientras Kane es manejado por la IA, aunque en al versión final tendremos cooperativo a dos jugadores para disfrutar el doble.

Pronto empezará el intercambio de balas en un restaurante donde ya descubrimos que esta segunda entrega corregirá muchos de los problemas que tuvo el primer Kane & Lynch: Dead Men. La cámara se sitúa por detrás del personaje, algo más cerca ofreciendo un ángulo espectacular y efectivo. Nos ha sorprendido lo dinámica que llega a ser, bailando cuando iniciamos un sprint – imitando siempre el movimiento de un cámara que siguiera la acción en directo – y cuando tomamos una cobertura. El escenario cerrado ofrece un montón de lugares donde apostarse para no caer ante la lluvia de balas, y no siempre contaremos con coberturas estables, ya que muchas se harán trizas ante el fuego enemigo y tendremos que mantenernos en constante movimiento si no queremos durar bien poco en pie.

Usar las coberturas siempre nos ha funcionado bien, quizás le falte el sistema de saltar de una cobertura a otra de forma más automática pero el personaje se cubrirá cuando pulsemos el botón A. Otra sorpresa es el alto nivel de dificultad que presenta el tÃ*tulo desde el principio de la misión. Los enemigos tendrán muy buena punterÃ*a y bastarán un par de balazos para salir derrotados. Un sólo disparo nos tirará al suelo y podremos levantarnos a buscar cobertura de nuevo o disparar desde el suelo, a veces muy útil por el mejor ángulo y muy peliculero. Por suerte contaremos siempre con un Kane que ayudará muchÃ*simo y se llevará a no pocos enemigos por delante mientras busca coberturas de manera inteligente – en algún caso se expuso demasiado cerca y no retrasó su posición, pero como lo controla la máquina y es inmortal, ya podrá… Para lo que suele ser la IA de los compañeros en el cooperativo en este caso hemos encontrado un nivel bastante competente que se nota trabajado, aunque siempre en estos casos la cosa gana enteros si completamos el modo en cooperativo.

El avance será frenético, el sistema de apuntado nos obligará a ser hábiles con los mandos y la mirilla se moverá acorde con el tipo de arma utilizada (la ametralladora tenderá al clásico movimiento de abajo hacia arriba, por ejemplo). Empezaremos con un potente fusil pero pronto ampliaremos el catálogo con las armas que arrebatemos de los enemigos caÃ*dos (pistolas, rifles de francotirador, recortadas…), que tambien podremos usar como escudos humanos. No parece que haya demasiados problemas en encontrar armas y munición a lo largo de los niveles.

El nivel nos saca del restaurante y nos ofrece espectaculares tiroteos por las calles de la ciudad más poblada de China. Impagable el momento en el que entramos en un videoclub (con carátulas del juego Mini Ninjas en las estanterÃ*as) y en un momento de agobio conseguimos acertar a un bidón de gasolina, haciendo estallar media tienda y abriendo un boquete para escapar por el callejón.

El estilo mostrado, tanto jugable como gráficamente esta enfocado a reproducir un capÃ*tulo de Cops, el reality-show norteamericano donde se emiten en directo detenciones, redadas y tiroteos. La cámara siempre está en movimiento, la iluminación luce apagada, opresiva, acentuada por un diseño de niveles decadente, lleno de suciedad, charcos, farolas apagadas y callejones solitarios. Este sistema disimula en parte las texturas de baja resolución que pueden apreciarse en muchos elementos del escenario y el limitado modelado de los personajes, y aunque me considero un enamorado de la excelencia gráfica, en este caso me parece un gran acierto que los chicos de IO hayan apostado por un estilo asÃ*, que facilita una inmersión superior a la vista en otros muchos tÃ*tulos de ese corte y le otorga una personalidad propia y muy adecuada. Otro detalle lo encontramos al ver cómo las imágenes más fuertes se pixelan de forma exagerada, emborronando un desnudo o un disparo en la cabeza, como pasarÃ*a en un programa de telerrealidad.

Si a todo esto le sumamos la promesa de un guión cuidado y el excelente doblaje a nuestro idioma, con diálogos entre los protagonistas divertidos, intensos y macabros a partes iguales podemos esperar un modo campaña de altÃ*simo nivel que a buen seguro nos deparará muchas horas de diversión.

Modos multijugador para traicionar agusto
Como ya hemos dicho al principio la demo cuenta con tres modos distintos para practicar offline (gracias a la modalidad Arcade, para no conectarnos en lÃ*nea sin haber entrenado antes) como online con un buen número de jugadores conectados a la vez. En todos los casos la acción se sitúa en el Distrito Financiero, cambiando la tónica de callejones del modo historia.

Los tres modos comparten un objetivo común, cooperar para lograr huir de la policÃ*a con el mayor botÃ*n posible mientras estos nos quieren dar caza. Las diferencias entre los modos vienen motivadas por el papel que hagamos en cada uno.

Alianza Frágil: Tendremos que ayudar a la alianza a escapar con la mayor cantidad de dinero que podamos. Es el modo ideal para empezar y cada ronda incrementa la dificultad a medida que nos mantengamos vivos mientras la policÃ*a nos pisa los talones y el vehÃ*culo dispuesto para la fuga no nos esperará demasiado. Tendremos tres oportunidades y quien no consiga escapar o caiga herido perderá una vida y otro jugador podrá recoger su botÃ*n.

Podremos cooperar tratando de no matar civiles – perderemos dinero si lo hacemos – o tirar de avaricia y traicionar a nuestros compañeros escapando con todo el botÃ*n. Esta decisión nos obligará a movernos rápido y por supuesto la policÃ*a no será la única que nos quiera dar caza, ya que habrá premio si damos caza al traidor. Con el dinero ganado podremos comprar nuevas armas y también las desbloquearemos y mantendremos si ascendemos en el ranking online.

PolicÃ*as y Ladrones: Es una variante del modo Alianza Frágil, sólo que aquÃ* hay dos bandos y los que hagan de policÃ*a tendrán que hacer todo lo posible para evitar que el equipo rival escape a toda costa.

Poli Infiltrado: Todos seremos ladrones pero habrá un policÃ*a de incógnito entre nosotros que irá rotando en cada ronda. En este caso toca andarse con mucho ojo, pues nunca sabremos quién es hasta que decida atacar. El policÃ*a tendrá que actuar con pericia, ya que atacar demasiado rápido nos pone rápido al descubierto y es muy difÃ*cil salir vivo y la estrategia ideal es buscar los instantes finales, cuando el cronómetro llegue a su fÃ*n para intentar abatir a todos los ladrones en poco tiempo.

Como veréis son tres modos muy parecidos pero a la vez muy distintos, ya que el primero ofrece muchas variantes dependiendo de la habilidad y las ansias de dinero de los participantes, el segundo es una auténtica locura sin tregua y el último tiene un toque más estratégico y nos obliga a estar en tensión, tanto si somos el poli como si no. En todos los casos hemos disfrutado de lo lindo porque la jugabilidad es muy directa y obliga al jugador a ir “a cuchillo”, sin demasiados lugares en el mapeado donde esconderse o tomárselo con calma y resulta ideal si queremos echar un rato sin tener demasiado tiempo por delante, ya que en pocos minutos habremos completado las tres rondas. Ya en el debut de la saga se ofrecieron modos online frenéticos y de lo más interesantes, y en esta secuela podemos esperar más y mejor. Sin duda uno de los mejores online en cuanto a diversión, aunque esperamos que el resto de modos se alejen de la idea de policÃ*as, ladrones y traiciones para darle algo más de variedad.

Un ex-mercenario y un psicópata medicado, la mejor compañÃ*a para el verano
Olvidaos del sigilo, de las medias tintas y el preciosismo gráfico. Kane & Lynch os traen una oferta ideal para descargar adrenalina, donde la tónica habitual será avanzar por rincones oscuros mientras las balas silban sobre nuestras cabezas y las astillas de madera de nuestra cobertura vuelan en todas direcciones. El equipo de IO-Interactive ha apostado por un estilo claro y directo para dotar a su juego de personalidad propia y muy marcada. Si sois de los que preferÃ*s una gran experiencia directa y sin complicaciones por encima de los gráficos preciosistas, Kane & Lynch 2: Dog Days os atrapará sin remedio.

El 27 de Agosto saldrá a la venta y seguro que a muchos les deja un final de verano con muy buen sabor de boca.

7Conviction7
10th Jul 2010, 10:34
lol can anyone understand this?

[Impresiones] Demo de Kane & Lynch 2: Dog Days

Gracias a Koch Media hemos podido acceder a la demo exclusiva de Kane & Lynch 2: Dog Days, la secuela del juego de IO-Interactive, que arrancó el pasado 1 de Julio y en la que hemos podido probar a fondo una misión del modo historia en el nivel “El Restaurante” y el debutante Modo Arcade donde practicar con la CPU los distintos modos online en el mapa multijugador conocido como “Distrito Financiero” antes de adentrarnos en la batalla en lÃ*nea. Los tres modos de juego multijugador que la demo nos deja catar son: Alianza Frágil, Poli infiltrado – hasta 8 jugadores – y PolicÃ*as y Ladrones con 12 jugadores en lÃ*nea.

Secuestro en los suburbios de Shanghai
Nada más comenzar la demo vemos una ventana salpicada de gotas de lluvia adivinando una habitación de fondo desenfocada y un intermitente golpeo en la puerta, seguido de varios impropierios en japonés. La demo nos permite seleccionar una misión del modo campaña a la que me lanzo sin reservas. La acción sitúa a Kane ayudando a su colega Lynch a rescatar a Xiu, su chica, secuestrada por una policÃ*a corrupta que poblará las calles de Shanghai bien armada y de gatillo fácil. Controlaremos a Lynch mientras Kane es manejado por la IA, aunque en al versión final tendremos cooperativo a dos jugadores para disfrutar el doble.

Pronto empezará el intercambio de balas en un restaurante donde ya descubrimos que esta segunda entrega corregirá muchos de los problemas que tuvo el primer Kane & Lynch: Dead Men. La cámara se sitúa por detrás del personaje, algo más cerca ofreciendo un ángulo espectacular y efectivo. Nos ha sorprendido lo dinámica que llega a ser, bailando cuando iniciamos un sprint – imitando siempre el movimiento de un cámara que siguiera la acción en directo – y cuando tomamos una cobertura. El escenario cerrado ofrece un montón de lugares donde apostarse para no caer ante la lluvia de balas, y no siempre contaremos con coberturas estables, ya que muchas se harán trizas ante el fuego enemigo y tendremos que mantenernos en constante movimiento si no queremos durar bien poco en pie.

Usar las coberturas siempre nos ha funcionado bien, quizás le falte el sistema de saltar de una cobertura a otra de forma más automática pero el personaje se cubrirá cuando pulsemos el botón A. Otra sorpresa es el alto nivel de dificultad que presenta el tÃ*tulo desde el principio de la misión. Los enemigos tendrán muy buena punterÃ*a y bastarán un par de balazos para salir derrotados. Un sólo disparo nos tirará al suelo y podremos levantarnos a buscar cobertura de nuevo o disparar desde el suelo, a veces muy útil por el mejor ángulo y muy peliculero. Por suerte contaremos siempre con un Kane que ayudará muchÃ*simo y se llevará a no pocos enemigos por delante mientras busca coberturas de manera inteligente – en algún caso se expuso demasiado cerca y no retrasó su posición, pero como lo controla la máquina y es inmortal, ya podrá… Para lo que suele ser la IA de los compañeros en el cooperativo en este caso hemos encontrado un nivel bastante competente que se nota trabajado, aunque siempre en estos casos la cosa gana enteros si completamos el modo en cooperativo.

El avance será frenético, el sistema de apuntado nos obligará a ser hábiles con los mandos y la mirilla se moverá acorde con el tipo de arma utilizada (la ametralladora tenderá al clásico movimiento de abajo hacia arriba, por ejemplo). Empezaremos con un potente fusil pero pronto ampliaremos el catálogo con las armas que arrebatemos de los enemigos caÃ*dos (pistolas, rifles de francotirador, recortadas…), que tambien podremos usar como escudos humanos. No parece que haya demasiados problemas en encontrar armas y munición a lo largo de los niveles.

El nivel nos saca del restaurante y nos ofrece espectaculares tiroteos por las calles de la ciudad más poblada de China. Impagable el momento en el que entramos en un videoclub (con carátulas del juego Mini Ninjas en las estanterÃ*as) y en un momento de agobio conseguimos acertar a un bidón de gasolina, haciendo estallar media tienda y abriendo un boquete para escapar por el callejón.

El estilo mostrado, tanto jugable como gráficamente esta enfocado a reproducir un capÃ*tulo de Cops, el reality-show norteamericano donde se emiten en directo detenciones, redadas y tiroteos. La cámara siempre está en movimiento, la iluminación luce apagada, opresiva, acentuada por un diseño de niveles decadente, lleno de suciedad, charcos, farolas apagadas y callejones solitarios. Este sistema disimula en parte las texturas de baja resolución que pueden apreciarse en muchos elementos del escenario y el limitado modelado de los personajes, y aunque me considero un enamorado de la excelencia gráfica, en este caso me parece un gran acierto que los chicos de IO hayan apostado por un estilo asÃ*, que facilita una inmersión superior a la vista en otros muchos tÃ*tulos de ese corte y le otorga una personalidad propia y muy adecuada. Otro detalle lo encontramos al ver cómo las imágenes más fuertes se pixelan de forma exagerada, emborronando un desnudo o un disparo en la cabeza, como pasarÃ*a en un programa de telerrealidad.

Si a todo esto le sumamos la promesa de un guión cuidado y el excelente doblaje a nuestro idioma, con diálogos entre los protagonistas divertidos, intensos y macabros a partes iguales podemos esperar un modo campaña de altÃ*simo nivel que a buen seguro nos deparará muchas horas de diversión.

Modos multijugador para traicionar agusto
Como ya hemos dicho al principio la demo cuenta con tres modos distintos para practicar offline (gracias a la modalidad Arcade, para no conectarnos en lÃ*nea sin haber entrenado antes) como online con un buen número de jugadores conectados a la vez. En todos los casos la acción se sitúa en el Distrito Financiero, cambiando la tónica de callejones del modo historia.

Los tres modos comparten un objetivo común, cooperar para lograr huir de la policÃ*a con el mayor botÃ*n posible mientras estos nos quieren dar caza. Las diferencias entre los modos vienen motivadas por el papel que hagamos en cada uno.

Alianza Frágil: Tendremos que ayudar a la alianza a escapar con la mayor cantidad de dinero que podamos. Es el modo ideal para empezar y cada ronda incrementa la dificultad a medida que nos mantengamos vivos mientras la policÃ*a nos pisa los talones y el vehÃ*culo dispuesto para la fuga no nos esperará demasiado. Tendremos tres oportunidades y quien no consiga escapar o caiga herido perderá una vida y otro jugador podrá recoger su botÃ*n.

Podremos cooperar tratando de no matar civiles – perderemos dinero si lo hacemos – o tirar de avaricia y traicionar a nuestros compañeros escapando con todo el botÃ*n. Esta decisión nos obligará a movernos rápido y por supuesto la policÃ*a no será la única que nos quiera dar caza, ya que habrá premio si damos caza al traidor. Con el dinero ganado podremos comprar nuevas armas y también las desbloquearemos y mantendremos si ascendemos en el ranking online.

PolicÃ*as y Ladrones: Es una variante del modo Alianza Frágil, sólo que aquÃ* hay dos bandos y los que hagan de policÃ*a tendrán que hacer todo lo posible para evitar que el equipo rival escape a toda costa.

Poli Infiltrado: Todos seremos ladrones pero habrá un policÃ*a de incógnito entre nosotros que irá rotando en cada ronda. En este caso toca andarse con mucho ojo, pues nunca sabremos quién es hasta que decida atacar. El policÃ*a tendrá que actuar con pericia, ya que atacar demasiado rápido nos pone rápido al descubierto y es muy difÃ*cil salir vivo y la estrategia ideal es buscar los instantes finales, cuando el cronómetro llegue a su fÃ*n para intentar abatir a todos los ladrones en poco tiempo.

Como veréis son tres modos muy parecidos pero a la vez muy distintos, ya que el primero ofrece muchas variantes dependiendo de la habilidad y las ansias de dinero de los participantes, el segundo es una auténtica locura sin tregua y el último tiene un toque más estratégico y nos obliga a estar en tensión, tanto si somos el poli como si no. En todos los casos hemos disfrutado de lo lindo porque la jugabilidad es muy directa y obliga al jugador a ir “a cuchillo”, sin demasiados lugares en el mapeado donde esconderse o tomárselo con calma y resulta ideal si queremos echar un rato sin tener demasiado tiempo por delante, ya que en pocos minutos habremos completado las tres rondas. Ya en el debut de la saga se ofrecieron modos online frenéticos y de lo más interesantes, y en esta secuela podemos esperar más y mejor. Sin duda uno de los mejores online en cuanto a diversión, aunque esperamos que el resto de modos se alejen de la idea de policÃ*as, ladrones y traiciones para darle algo más de variedad.

Un ex-mercenario y un psicópata medicado, la mejor compañÃ*a para el verano
Olvidaos del sigilo, de las medias tintas y el preciosismo gráfico. Kane & Lynch os traen una oferta ideal para descargar adrenalina, donde la tónica habitual será avanzar por rincones oscuros mientras las balas silban sobre nuestras cabezas y las astillas de madera de nuestra cobertura vuelan en todas direcciones. El equipo de IO-Interactive ha apostado por un estilo claro y directo para dotar a su juego de personalidad propia y muy marcada. Si sois de los que preferÃ*s una gran experiencia directa y sin complicaciones por encima de los gráficos preciosistas, Kane & Lynch 2: Dog Days os atrapará sin remedio.

El 27 de Agosto saldrá a la venta y seguro que a muchos les deja un final de verano con muy buen sabor de boca.

7Conviction7
10th Jul 2010, 10:36
yeah I'm glad you can cause I was looking forward to this. The shakycam is a bit much for me so its nice they let you turn it off.

ALSO...
I had trouble trying to take someone hostage in single player as well...but in Multi-player I did it just fine, and on accident, to my team mate, LOL

Like you mentioned, you can turn off the shakycam in the options. However, I wish there was an adjustment slider that you could tweak that determines the amount of shake the camera makes. Instead of turning it off completely, I would turn it down a considerable amount.

7Conviction7
10th Jul 2010, 10:54
[QUOTE=El Hadji;1440086]
Sorry to hear mate - absolutely something we will be looking at/fixing.
The final game does have a ping filter and player match + invite system.
Glad you liked the game though

Kim Krogh

tried the demo again, i like the single player, a lot, now that i know you can turn the camera off, lol. The on line co-op is such a great idea...it won't be region locked will it? Cause I live in the U.S. an my buddies are in the UK....I can play with them in co-op right?

Also, i'm not use to the multi-player, first time playing it tonight, it was ok, but will there be a team death match or death match mode? The other modes seem all right, an Usually I love to play the objective modes, but that fragile alliance?

I didn't know what to do. lol

I got it after a couple times but, having people on your team who kill you...who wants to play with people like that? lol :rasp:

I hope you have a TEAM death match mode or something like that ;) thank you for letting me try the demo. I do like the single player. I hope the co-op isn't region locked.

ohitspatty
10th Jul 2010, 13:52
[QUOTE=krogh;1440530]I hope you have a TEAM death match mode or something like that ;) thank you for letting me try the demo. I do like the single player. I hope the co-op isn't region locked.

Don't be shy to try out something new. All those Death Matches and Capture the Flag in Halo, Gears of War, or Call of Duty games...don't they get boring? Fragile Alliance is fresh, it brings new aspects to online gaming.

And if you really want a Team Deathmatch, play Cops & Robbers.

7Conviction7
10th Jul 2010, 22:26
I don't mind trying something new, but, i honestly didn't know what to do at first. It was my first time in a game mode like that and while it wasn't that hard to figure out after a bit, i just think they should make it more accessible.

and I tried to play cops/robbers but NO ONE was in the mode, lol
so I didn't get to try that one.

I actually don't get bored of Team death match.
I like it. I like objective games to but, everyone i did play with in this game mode, killed me an the rest of the team, just to get the cash at the end. lol.
I didn't know there was team kill untill then, lol.

but i do like true team work, not someone working on your team all the way through the game then kill you in the end, lol that's why i was hoping for some kind of team death match. Where my team , actually doesn't kill me or screw me over just to be on top, lol

[QUOTE=7Conviction7;1446117]

Don't be shy to try out something new. All those Death Matches and Capture the Flag in Halo, Gears of War, or Call of Duty games...don't they get boring? Fragile Alliance is fresh, it brings new aspects to online gaming.

And if you really want a Team Deathmatch, play Cops & Robbers.

ohitspatty
11th Jul 2010, 05:22
...well I see your point of view, however you just got to understand the unwritten rules of FA. And basically...it's never really a team work...at least not to me. I work alone on this, sure if someone wants to help me, you're more than welcome but don't be surprised if I'll try to betray you.

The point of FA is to get away with as much as money as you can, so why not betray someone before that someone betrays you? :)

UhUh
11th Jul 2010, 09:45
...well I see your point of view lol, however you just got to understand the unwritten rules of FA lol. And basically...it's never really a team work lol...at least not to me lol. I work alone on this lol, sure if someone wants to help me lol, you're more than welcome but don't be surprised if I'll try to betray you lol.

The point of FA is to get away with as much as money as you can, so why not betray someone before that someone betrays you? :)

FTFY

@7Conviction7: you may want to play the arcade mode, it's there for this, maybe they should call it training mode.

ps: lol.

ohitspatty
11th Jul 2010, 16:51
lol

GrievousOdyssey
14th Jul 2010, 01:35
This is a topic quite full of maturity i see ...

anevilchimp
17th Jul 2010, 02:41
Demo still on, get online join matches now plz. We're sitting here with no 4 ppl. Online still works, try it yourself **** the system

GrievousOdyssey
20th Jul 2010, 17:06
Funny , i thought they precisely said that the shaky camera was removed for multiplayer ...

ohitspatty
20th Jul 2010, 19:42
Funny , i thought they precisely said that the shaky camera was removed for multiplayer ...

Well you can turn it off yourself in the menu. It's whole lot easier to move and stop but I think it's meant to be played with it all the shakyness.

GrievousOdyssey
21st Jul 2010, 17:27
Well you can turn it off yourself in the menu. It's whole lot easier to move and stop but I think it's meant to be played with it all the shakyness.

We look like a couple of off-topic idiots now that the guy deleted his post ...

ohitspatty
21st Jul 2010, 18:02
LOL what did he say?

GrievousOdyssey
21st Jul 2010, 18:07
The reason why i said this ...

Was because BandicootBurn was asking if they could turn off the shaky cameras for the multiplayer ...
But then he made the same comment on another topic , so proceeded to ... delete his original comment here ...

yeah ... spooky ...

ohitspatty
21st Jul 2010, 18:28
Yeah but why did you use the word "remove" doesn't that sound like IO removed the handheld camera instead of giving the option of to turn it on or off?

I'm just so confused right now, lol

GrievousOdyssey
21st Jul 2010, 18:54
I remember reading a interview where they said the whole shaky thing was not present in any online mode at all , and they purposely made it so because they thought the player is already under too much 'stress' with traitors and such , so it was all intense enough that the screen moving all over the place was not needed ...
But if now you say that there's still a option to turn it off and on , well ...

That CHANGES EVERYTHING ! *nuclear explosion* ...

ohitspatty
21st Jul 2010, 18:57
Oh okay, that makes sense.
Yeah maybe it was their plans before but it was defiantly in the demo.
We'll see how it is in the actual game.

ohitspatty
21st Jul 2010, 19:05
Yeah, everything gets reset.

Trust me I had same problem. Had to adjust things all the time but I usually played it for few hours a day and leave it till next day.

GrievousOdyssey
21st Jul 2010, 19:10
There's a Save Game ? ...

Hmmm ... does it keep track of your Fragile Alliance record ? for the final game maybe ? ...

TAPETRVE
21st Jul 2010, 20:54
I'm being nitpicky here, but... Why are there no red footprints when you walk through a lobotomized enemy's pool of blood?

zAnO-
21st Jul 2010, 21:12
Being brutally honest slightly dissapointed with the demo I loved the first one.

I hate the fact that a supposedly ultra violent game has no blood :mad2:
I hate the fact everytime you hit someone those stupid X's come up
I hate the lack of different animations when you shoot people and go to cover
I hate the fact when you even get shot once pointless blood is all over the screen so you cant see anything the blood should be coming out of the guys you are shooting!

:(

TAPETRVE
21st Jul 2010, 21:19
I hate the fact that a supposedly ultra violent game has no blood :mad2:
:(

Are you blind? There's blood a-plenty, just not in bright red geysers. This is not a comical gorefest, mind you.

zAnO-
21st Jul 2010, 21:24
Are you blind? There's blood a-plenty, just not in bright red geysers. This is not a comical gorefest, mind you.

I guess I am

I couldn't see even a red mark on any of the guys I was shooting

TAPETRVE
21st Jul 2010, 21:35
Look closer. The blood is darker and not as prominent as in the predecessor or the Hitman games, but it is there in spades. Also, large pools of blood only appear after a headshot. Body shots only leave small splashes in the environment.

GrievousOdyssey
22nd Jul 2010, 01:44
I seriously don't understand this whole mention of the 'shaky camera' ...

No , not talking about the camera style itself , but rather those who talk about it ...

I mean it all looks pretty normal to me , it's not like something we never saw before in our entire existence ... is it ? ...

What i (slightly) didn't liked is the change of controls , specifically the aim and shoot button is different than the one in Dead Men , maybe there is a second control layout in the final game though ...

On the positive side , Down but not Dead mode feels marvelous , it just feels marvelous crawling away and shooting off that shotgun with the red blood still stained on your screen , you then understands Why there's the X marker , without it you wouldn't even know if you hit the enemy or not with blood covering your sight , but it's still dramatically marvelous ...
I've seen enemies go down in Down but not Dead mode a few times too , but they don't seem to shoot when they're down , or even move , they just stay there ... is it normal ? ...

A bit surprised by the change of a few rules for Fragile Alliance , namely the fact that traitors won't respawn , and cops can only keep the loot if they survive the round ...
Also , there's a few options concerning how to look at ID tags , could be interesting ...

By the way i'm curious , the aim sensitivity i put it on maximum 100 , how much you guys put it on ? ...

Arsh
22nd Jul 2010, 05:46
Downloaded off of the UK store today... great demo, confirmed my desire for the game, however, I've heard that PS3 demo is a lot shorter than the exclusive 360 demo. This true? Why is this? The SP demo is pretty damned short, that's for sure. Ends very abruptly.

TAPETRVE
22nd Jul 2010, 12:55
It's simply because this is NOT the exclusive demo but the public one. The public 360 demo wiull be the same. They also stripped the Arcade mode.

TAPETRVE
22nd Jul 2010, 13:34
Now to something I didn't like:

The hostage feature feels quite... well, half-baked. First: You can only take enemies hostage. Why not civilians? They're perfect meat shields and often come in very convenient when you are up to several policemen with no serviceable cover at hand. Sure, they have no handgun to disarm, so you cannot have them at gunpoint with a pistol, if you don't own one yourself.

Also, the "throw" function is plain bull****. All you do is kick the hostage to the ground, where it dies instantly, so there's no practical difference to executing by gun. The whole purpose of the throw move should be shoving the hostage away (preferrably through closed doors) and have it stumble into enemy fire. Dead Rising did it.

Arsh
22nd Jul 2010, 17:08
Can I still download the Exclusive demo? I finally got a hard drive day before yesterday, I can save it and stuff... anymore Exclusive codes kicking around?

23rd Jul 2010, 04:04
1.There are alot of thing's that need fixing like the sniper rifle, if it that way because the art style then there should be an option for a sniper HUD, slightly deeper zoom to the point were you can't see your player and you know looking down the scope like any other game.

2.They mine as well have made custom characters because the only argument for not having it was that people silly, if someone want to look like a clown let them look like a clown I don't care. I'll ad met that I liked the idea 8 explodesive different going at it, but they don't even say different things the voice acter reads the scripted word for word, so they mine as well just let you make your own, still great game thought.

Zidrien
23rd Jul 2010, 04:21
Yeah, the sniper rifle should have a scope, I agree.

EDIT: That's what makes it a "Sniper Rifle".

23rd Jul 2010, 05:00
Also I like the fact that they put mask on in this game. for the people don't like the idea custom characters because it let people look silly, then you might not like some of these mask.

petersjov
23rd Jul 2010, 08:20
Also I like the fact that they put mask on in this game. for the people don't like the idea custom characters because it let people look silly, then you might not like some of these mask.

Keep in mind, that doing a bank robbery,stealing money in an underground train station,or what ever....looking like a clown, or a huge dolphin,or otherwise stupid thing ,would get you shot, and stopped even before you started...

The masks, are fine, but i dont know much about it, but putting on a mask during a bank host, seems logical - at least when it starts, and until you get away...

(the masksalmost seems too AO2 to me, but im sure its great ;-) )

my plan:
Just include more player models down the road, so you get chosen random among 20+ characters with voices, and of couse more maps for acade/online play.

TAPETRVE
23rd Jul 2010, 12:47
the masksalmost seems too AO2 to me, but im sure its great ;-)

The one cool feature in the Army of Zwei pseudo-sequel was the online mask editor. There should be more games out there that allow for user-generated content via PC, but unfortunately this only works with games that have a proprietary online service, like EA games.

TAPETRVE
23rd Jul 2010, 17:39
Alright, here comes another complaint: There's too much scripted stuff going on that can't be influenced in any way. Out on the streets there are people doing all sort of stuff, like entering a car, driving away on a scooter, but you only can interact with people that are actually doing nothing (besides idly standing or walking around). I wanted to shoot a fleeing dude off his scooter - the bullets went right through him. When I blow up the propane tanks in the kitchen, there's always a wounded policeman staggering from the debris, even if I killed all human life in the whole area before. Can't shoot that dude, either.

All in all, relying so much on non-interactive scripts reeks of poor and dated design. I really hope there won't be too many moments in the final game where those flaws become too obvious.

23rd Jul 2010, 18:08
Keep in mind, that doing a bank robbery,stealing money in an underground train station,or what ever....looking like a clown, or a huge dolphin,or otherwise stupid thing ,would get you shot, and stopped even before you started...

The masks, are fine, but i dont know much about it, but putting on a mask during a bank host, seems logical - at least when it starts, and until you get away...

(the masksalmost seems too AO2 to me, but im sure its great ;-) )

my plan:
Just include more player models down the road, so you get chosen random among 20+ characters with voices, and of couse more maps for acade/online play.

Now your just being ridiculous a mother ******* dolphin suit that would be crazy that would be great, but for real the joker had no problem with winning that fragile alliance heist in The Dark Knight. but that's not the kind of customization I'm talking about I'm talking about being able to buy jackets and jeans sweats etc skin tone and face scan, but non of that matters any more.
I'm focusing on thing that need fixing and or maybe just some add to like that sniper rifle scope I want to hear what people think about that.

petersjov
23rd Jul 2010, 18:33
Yeahh Mr. Icedog ;-) ,but i dont care much for it, ifmy jacket is brown, or blue...

Anyway, the facescan could have been great ;-)

TAPETRVE
23rd Jul 2010, 23:19
Again, about the human shield feature: Why the hell can I take hostages through walls, but not around corners? I know this is not Uncharted 2, but the hostage feature should really have a bit more consistency. On several occasions I found myself in a situation where I hugged the wall for cover and an enemy did the same just a few feet away from me, 'round the next corner. While I wouldn't hit him without revealing myself, he could easily kill me with blindfire and in order to grab him, I also had to leave cover. Why is there no context-sensitive grab move? The game is so fluid in most concerns, why mar it with such unneccesary flaws?

TAPETRVE
24th Jul 2010, 00:03
I wanted to shoot a fleeing dude off his scooter - the bullets went right through him.

A'ight, have to qualify my statement - "Pedestrian props" do bleed and slighty twitch when you shoot them. However, they won't stop in whatever animation they are just executing. You can't shoot someone off his bike unless you are meant to.

24th Jul 2010, 00:06
yeah human shield needs some work I think it should also have melee you tap B for melee and hold B for human shield.
there are no female cops in this game and there were in dead men what up with that, guess it's a chinese culture, but all the cop look the same.

TAPETRVE
24th Jul 2010, 00:26
Being able to bash your gun's stock into an enemy's face would indeed be a welcome addition. There are just too many occasions when an enemy is squatting around the corner and you want to dispose of him quickly. This is not a stealth game, but if I close up to an enemy from behind, I really don't want to have to take aim and waste ammo first. A short butt to the neck should suffice.

GrievousOdyssey
28th Jul 2010, 06:45
Being able to bash your gun's stock into an enemy's face would indeed be a welcome addition. There are just too many occasions when an enemy is squatting around the corner and you want to dispose of him quickly. This is not a stealth game, but if I close up to an enemy from behind, I really don't want to have to take aim and waste ammo first. A short butt to the neck should suffice.

In Dead Men i remember it was possible to bash NPCs with your rifle when you press the fire button when you're just one step next to them ...
It worked well , as the bashing move only happens when your foe is in your range , so need to emplement it on another button ...

Weird they'll remove it for Dog Days , since everything is suppose to be up close and personnal , and brutal ...

28th Jul 2010, 15:51
Lastly what I think about the kane and lynch demo. the gas cans was a good idea but I don't even think fire extinguishers explode let alone kill unless it hits someone in the head very very hard, that has happened before when I was playing. anyway when I was playing the demo I saw a cop pick up a gas can, now the cops should have there own stuff unlike kane and lynch using primitive weapon is understandable cause that's all they can get their hands on the point being that the government has excess to grenades and stuff like that. I was also disappointed cause they removed grenades cause imagine the effect a flashbang would have on that camera.

There are also some serious flaws in this game that may or may not have been talk about like when your getting shot your player just starts walking when you need to get to cover real quick. That's just one thing that might stop this game from getting the rating this game deserve, it might get a 8 out of 10 rather then a 9 out of 10, but well see what happens.

With people talking about leaving the forums after the games release, what about reviews of the game after playing it.

TAPETRVE
28th Jul 2010, 16:19
Lastly what I think about the kane and lynch demo. the gas cans was a good idea but I don't even think fire extinguishers explode let alone kill unless it hits someone in the head very very hard, that has happened before when I was playing. anyway when I was playing the demo I saw a cop pick up a gas can, now the cops should have there own stuff unlike kane and lynch using primitive weapon is understandable cause that's all they can get their hands on the point being that the government has excess to grenades and stuff like that. I was also disappointed cause they removed grenades cause imagine the effect a flashbang would have on that camera.

Fire extinguishers do indeed explode when shot, since there's high pressure inside. I'm more upset about the fuel canisters. They definitely don't explode in real life.

I'm also absolutely with you regarding the flashbangs. A SWAT team probably wouldn't use frag grenades ('though the game blatantly keeps teaching us the Chinese police don't give a flying **** about collateral damage), but stun grenades should definitely be part of the plan and I think they would also work wonders in MP.

28th Jul 2010, 17:17
I still don't think fire extinguishers explode when shot you would think that the pressure would just make it spay out ratter than explode, as for the fuel canisters the spark from the bullet would ignite the gas I think.

TAPETRVE
28th Jul 2010, 18:55
There's gas inside, not liquid. If you shoot a fire extinguisher, it gets torn apart like a balloon.

In a fuel canister, there's liquid inside. Liquid doesn't ignite. That's why you can't blow up cars.

UhUh
28th Jul 2010, 18:57
Anybody more "upset" that you can't blow a tire?

28th Jul 2010, 19:12
If the liquid is flammable than it's combustible all the liquid in the canister will turn to fire like if you put a pipe bomb in your gas tank of your car, as for the fire extinguisher there simply not enough pressure to bust open metal like a balloon does so, it'll just spay.

TAPETRVE
28th Jul 2010, 19:26
You definitely slept during physics class.

In order to combust, petrol has to vaporize first.The liquid itself does not burn. And it won't vaporize inside a canister unless boiled.

UhUh
28th Jul 2010, 20:34
Just going to leave this here. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B-eOVJKfYZY&feature=related)

28th Jul 2010, 20:34
:hmm:You might be right about some of that, but flammable liquid burns fast and if you shoot at it it'll leak out and bust into fire. fuel canisters can blowup maybe not right away but they do.

:scratch:But what do I know I did sleep during some of those boring physics classes.

28th Jul 2010, 20:36
Just going to leave this here. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B-eOVJKfYZY&feature=related)

Guess they do blowup. :thumb:

28th Jul 2010, 21:05
One last thing, it looks like they forgot to put Riot shields in this game since Swat Team's use Riot shields when going after criminals. unless it's just not in the demo.

That's it

TAPETRVE
28th Jul 2010, 23:01
I'm amost sure there will be shields in the game. They have dogs, too, after all :D .

And about liquids: Again, they don't burn. What does burn is the gas that forms on vaporizing alcohol or petrol, but not the liquid itself. When you shoot a fuel canister and light up the leaking fuel, there will be a burning puddle and it will keep smouldering, until there's no fuel left. That's it. No explosion, not even a darting blaze.

Sorry for being stubborn, but I just can't let you get away with your Hollywood realism.

GrievousOdyssey
29th Jul 2010, 02:35
Anybody more "upset" that you can't blow a tire?

What ? really ? why did they take that out ...

One last thing, it looks like they forgot to put Riot shields in this game since Swat Team's use Riot shields when going after criminals.

It was somewhat hinted that the 'Swat' guys are not your typical Swat enforcers of the law , but rather elite forces working for criminal organizations ...
Maybe that explains their different equipments than your average Swat Teams ? ...

dikinher
29th Jul 2010, 02:38
I am confused here. We have complaints about censorship and camera shaking etc. But no one even mentions the compression quality of this game? The graphics quality is just bad. It's like watching a 360p youtube video of someone playing a video game. I heard that that was the intention to make the game appear atmospheric. But I fail to understand how anyone could find that attractive? It makes the game look really bad. I thought my graphics card was literally failing because of the compressed look of the game and some weird vertical line on the right side.

I mean come on Eidos? Really? Compression is supposed to add some unique touch to the game? I don't buy that crap. If I want to see that quality in a game, I would go to youtube and watch some other person playing the first Kane and Lynch in 340p or 480p.

Origin
29th Jul 2010, 14:57
I have been following this game for about a year thus far and I got my hands on the demo as soon as it came out and here are my thoughts:

The game is pretty well what I expected it to be, which is a good thing. From watching the trailers for K&L2, I expected that this game was going to be a game with a deep story, interesting characters, solid combat and intense multi-player. I got all of this out of just the demo, can't wait to see what I get out of the full game.

Pros:
- Great shooting and cover system, it works well!
- Great atmosphere and setting, I love the feel and look of the Asian metropolis.
- Very interesting characters, even in the multi-player, those 8 criminals you get to play are all look very interesting. Some of them look the part: desperate, bad-ass, straight up thieves. Others look like they've never committed a crime in their lives. I like to create my own back story for each other the multi-player characters just based on their looks alone.

Cons:
- Lag issues in the online multi-player mode. There are several examples, I'll just name a few though that have bothered me the most in the demo: Characters that start flying around everywhere, I mean this has been a lag issue seen in the 90's in quake 1, this is just unacceptable in my opinion. Even games like Modern Warfare 2 which lag a lot still don't have this problem. There's also an issue with lag with the run/walking animations. characters will be moving but will look as if they're standing still, this actually bothers me a lot because I really feel immersed in this game and when I look over at somebody and they're legs aren't moving but they're just gliding around on the floor, it pretty well kills the whole feeling for me.

How I think this problem could be fixed is implementing Host Migration. I believe this should at least be in K&L2 if they're going to run the online multi-player on a peer to peer connection. This way the person with the best connection will at least be the host for the best connection possible in online games, and if the host decides to drop out, it doesn't end the game, it just moves onto another host.

Anyways, this is my impression of the Kane & Lynch 2 demo, all in all I had a really fun time despite these problems though to get a buy out of me for this game, the cons need to be addressed and fixed for the final version.

Origin
29th Jul 2010, 15:12
I did not see the SIG 552 in the weapons list. Most are weapons you would expect to see in Asia.

Yeah, I was actually really hoping to see this gun in K&L 2. Too bad I guess, I also don't really like the guns seen in Asia, I find they're very weird looking guns but I know it fits the setting, however I know you can get access to any sort of gun through the "black market" in the criminal world, if I want a SIG 552, I should be able to buy one even if I'm in Asia, just saying.

maninblue
30th Jul 2010, 00:46
Copy paste from my thread.

So far, ive completed the singleplayer part, three times, once on medium, and twice on hard. I really enjoyed, no cons that bothers me here.

Ive also played around 7 fragile alliance matches. Half of them ended prematurely. Usually, i would get a crash to desktop, with the message of "Kane and lynch stopped responding". Just like in kane and lynch 1.

Also had some issues with lag and the enemy NPCs but nothing big.

I hope you refine and polish the multiplayer part a little more, weeding out bugs and stuff. Gonna sum it up in with pros/cons

Pros:

1. deep multiplayer, many things to do, and many ways to do each thing.

2. intense multiplayer, keeps you on your toes.

3. non-monotounous(spelling??) multiplayer, kind of like nr. 1.

4. Good mix of different genres, player vs NPC, player vs player. Theres something for everybodys taste.

5. Realistic/well balanced gun ammo capacity. You will very often find yourself scavenging for weapons. I like this very much.

Cons:

1. Somewhat frequent crash to desktop.

2. NPCs lag sometimes, especially the dogs.

Thats all for now.

MrVal
31st Jul 2010, 16:15
The demo was freakin' amazing! Loved Dead Men (especially co-op) and Dog Days seems that awesome x2. Alot of the problems from the 1st were fixed (though there weren't many IMO) and props on the new art style. Feels realistic to me and definitely sucked me in. Who cares about a little wonky AI, it still seemed mostly solid to me and if the civies walking about during your gunfight bother you than pull a Lynch and shoot em down (Though I have to admit one time I was hiding on the high scaffolding to the right of the last shoot-out outside the restauraunt that blows up and some civ decides to run up and try to hide RIGHT next to me. It made me L O L). I must of played the sp part of the demo a million times on all the difficulties and it still blows me away. Can't wait to see the whole thing put together.

On the multiplayer, I only got a chance to play FA (UC and C&R were unavailable for some reason; xbox live) and it was fun but of course with its problems. Biggest thing for me is lack of games going. I hope that it doesn't die online three months after release.

maninblue
31st Jul 2010, 19:39
Someone should give a thumbs up to IO-I for the AI.

I engaged some enemies and retreated back to the previous area. Some of the special forces followed me back and killed me. Its nice to have an agressive AI for once.

m1rk3s
1st Aug 2010, 12:43
My impressions of the K&L 2 DD Demo played on PC:
I played K&L 1 DM a lot and was high ranked on the leaderboard.

Multiplayer Fragile Alliance Mode:

Cons:

- too many game crashes: The game crashes to windows in mp sessions every 5th round. The game crashes every third time to windows after the session is completed (I experienced many crashes in K&L 1 mp too. So I am wondering why there seems to be no improvement)

- matchmaking: No dedicated servers means the host is in control of the session. Connection to the host is lost very often. The host closes the session if he is losing or spectating. If the host shuts down his game, the next player should be the host and the session should continue. The session should be startable with 2 players. Theres no pingfilter.
- escape: There are too many bullets needed to blow the escape van up.

- mics: no mute feature

- human shield: Its useless if there are other players around. Its too easy to kill your oponent with it if you got him 1on1. It should take more than one button push because noobs tend to shield you by accident a lot.

- hit points: Unnecessary hit points that kill the atmosphere.

- yellow card feature: I seems that the yellow card is given too late. If somebody obviously tries to betray me but doesn't aim very well, I become a traitor if I kill him first because he didn't get the yellow card.

- aiming: The blindfire seems a little bit too strong.

- AI: The AI seems not really to be a threat. You can take out every cop of the financial map on your own if you follow a certain path.

- rewards: Reward per escaped player doesn't seem to work.

- stats: After a session is finished I miss the kill count in the stats.

- chat: no chat function in a mp ???

- exploding cars: I liked in K&L 1 that you couldn't hide forever behind a car and that you were forced to change your cover from time to time.

- rank system: Your rank progress isn't saved if you close the game.

I love the concept of Fragile Alliance but many game crashes and the dependency of the host kills most of the fun.

Pros:

- traitor: I think its positive that you need many bullets to kill a human player. Otherwise becoming a traitor would be too easy.

- down not dead

- lags: Lags are decreased in comparison with K&L 1 even with hosts in different countries.

- gameplay: smooth, precise aiming and movement

- cover system improved

- yellow card feature

- rewards are paid (Maybe there shoud be a part of the rewards paid even if you die)

- steady cam can be enabled

- interesting player models with interaction during the round

- no rewards for traitors

- dead traitor doesn't return

maninblue
1st Aug 2010, 14:56
My opinion of your impression:

My impressions of the K&L 2 DD Demo played on PC:
I played K&L 1 DM a lot and was high ranked on the leaderboard.

Multiplayer Fragile Alliance Mode:

Cons:

- too many game crashes: The game crashes to windows in mp sessions every 5th round. The game crashes every third time to windows after the session is completed (I experienced many crashes in K&L 1 mp too. So I am wondering why there seems to be no improvement)

I dont experience crashes every 5th round, they happen much less frequently.

- matchmaking: No dedicated servers means the host is in control of the session. Connection to the host is lost very often. The host closes the session if he is losing or spectating. If the host shuts down his game, the next player should be the host and the session should continue. The session should be startable with 2 players. Theres no pingfilter.

- escape: There are too many bullets needed to blow the escape van up.

I was shooting the van along with 3 guys, we took it down pretty quickly, your not supposed to blow it up all by yourself you know.

- mics: no mute feature

- human shield: Its useless if there are other players around. Its too easy to kill your oponent with it if you got him 1on1. It should take more than one button push because noobs tend to shield you by accident a lot.

I agree with you here, this is an issue that needs to be looked at.

- hit points: Unnecessary hit points that kill the atmosphere.

Hitpoints are fine imo, lowering it would kill the atmosphere. Only thing that needs tweaking in that department is the recovery time, its way too fast imo.

- yellow card feature: I seems that the yellow card is given too late. If somebody obviously tries to betray me but doesn't aim very well, I become a traitor if I kill him first because he didn't get the yellow card.

- aiming: The blindfire seems a little bit too strong.

I think the blindfire is perfectly fine.

- AI: The AI seems not really to be a threat. You can take out every cop of the financial map on your own if you follow a certain path.

- rewards: Reward per escaped player doesn't seem to work.

- stats: After a session is finished I miss the kill count in the stats.

- chat: no chat function in a mp ???

- exploding cars: I liked in K&L 1 that you couldn't hide forever behind a car and that you were forced to change your cover from time to time.

- rank system: Your rank progress isn't saved if you close the game.

I love the concept of Fragile Alliance but many game crashes and the dependency of the host kills most of the fun.

Pros:

- traitor: I think its positive that you need many bullets to kill a human player. Otherwise becoming a traitor would be too easy.

- down not dead

- lags: Lags are decreased in comparison with K&L 1 even with hosts in different countries.

- gameplay: smooth, precise aiming and movement

- cover system improved

- yellow card feature

- rewards are paid (Maybe there shoud be a part of the rewards paid even if you die)

- steady cam can be enabled

- interesting player models with interaction during the round

- no rewards for traitors

- dead traitor doesn't return

metalmark215
2nd Aug 2010, 01:03
Killer first impression of Kane and Lynch. Never played the first game, but downloaded the demo of deadmen, and the difference is astounding!!

joe the janitor
16th Sep 2010, 04:14
Killer first impression of Kane and Lynch. Never played the first game, but downloaded the demo of deadmen, and the difference is astounding!!

One post then silent forever....

GrievousOdyssey
16th Sep 2010, 06:00
Either that post was full of truth , or full of exaggerations , i think we'll never know ...
What we know is that That post , regardless of its true intentions , silenced this thread ...

And that ... that is epic ...

Bevacur
9th Oct 2010, 18:41
Hi.

GrievousOdyssey
9th Oct 2010, 19:24
That's real mature ...

Oh , what the heck ...

- Hi.
- Aaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh ...

Bevacur
17th Oct 2010, 16:51
I am insane and i enjoy playing with blood.

Kent-45
17th Oct 2010, 20:12
I am insane and i enjoy playing with blood.

Alas, I meet a fellow traveler on my dark road...

ohitspatty
18th Oct 2010, 17:57
This game was for sale this weekend for only $19.99!

It still didn't sell that hot.

Bevacur
20th Nov 2010, 12:46
Alas, I meet a fellow traveler on my dark road...

I enjoy watching people sleep, i like to get as close as possible and stare into their closed eyes. Imprinting my stare upon their innocent closed eyes, they shall remember me, yet not know who i am.

GrievousOdyssey
20th Nov 2010, 17:43
No seriously , what the hell is this new trend of you folks to reply to month old messages ? ...

JackGordon
20th Nov 2010, 18:14
It's all because of you, Charlie. You are setting a bad example for the younglings.

GrievousOdyssey
21st Nov 2010, 01:08
Hey i asked those younglings if they were mature enough to understand my philosophy during the first day at school ! i did ! ...

Bevacur
21st Nov 2010, 11:49
Nothing hangs from between Grievous's legs, it is in fact, a hole so deep, it leads to hell itself!

EDIT: Sorry Grievous, but the truth has to come out!

GrievousOdyssey
21st Nov 2010, 14:18
And thus , the reason why Iris despised Grievous so much , was exposed ...

And the blue butterfly flown down the elysian fields once more , his pursuit for the white rabbit will now reach a finale that he will see fit ...

ohitspatty
22nd Nov 2010, 00:09
Am I late for the party?

JackGordon
22nd Nov 2010, 00:48
No. Not at all. Would you like a drink? You can get one for 400MSP at the bar over there called 'The Marketplace'.

GrievousOdyssey
22nd Nov 2010, 00:59
You're nuts ! ...

JackGordon
22nd Nov 2010, 01:12
Yes, they also sell nuts at 80MSP. 40MSP for a refill.

GrievousOdyssey
22nd Nov 2010, 01:19
What happens when we're not satisfied with them sacred nuts ? ...

JackGordon
22nd Nov 2010, 01:21
Then a visit to the restrooms is recommended. 40MSP.

ohitspatty
22nd Nov 2010, 02:03
...but I got the PSN :(

GrievousOdyssey
22nd Nov 2010, 02:05
Hey me too ! ...

So ...

IT MUST BE FREE ...

Brackstone17
22nd Nov 2010, 02:06
Actually it just means you need to wait six or seven months until the bathroom is available for your platform due to exclusivity deals.

ohitspatty
23rd Nov 2010, 03:16
Crash and Burn, sir. You killed it.

Brackstone17
23rd Nov 2010, 05:02
Yeah, I did. My bad.