PDA

View Full Version : Dead Men still getting updates?

joe the janitor
30th Jun 2010, 01:25
Ya we have all heard the joke "The dead men forums are as dead as Lynch's wife" so I posted here. *he he, it is pretty funny*
So I have been playing dead men quite regularly lately. It may have been yesturday (can't remember, been busy with other stuff) but it updated. Does this mean they are still patching Dead Men (360 by the way)?

GrievousOdyssey
30th Jun 2010, 02:08
Wut ? ...

Kent-45
30th Jun 2010, 03:37
In a word: no. There won't be any patch for Kane & Lynch: Dead Men, even though one was alluded to a long time ago. It's basically in a little state of limbo called "Abandonware" - The developers have about as much interest in patching Kane & Lynch: Dead Men as they would releasing a patch for Hitman: Codename 47. Not gonna happen in our lifetime.

Consider Kane & Lynch 2 your "patch" I guess... Pretty ****ty way to treat customers, but who am I to judge, I didn't code the damn thing.

joe the janitor
1st Jul 2010, 02:32
Umm, I don't know if we are all on the same page. Basicly when Dead Men strated it updated. I play quite regularly so this had to be recent.

zephyr1991
1st Jul 2010, 02:38
Probably a leaderboard update or something. They won't patch or fix anything in dead men, they would have a long rime ago if they wanted to.

Kent-45
1st Jul 2010, 16:38
Well just to prove this theory, I finally got Kane & Lynch: Dead Men installed via Steam download and I can say I see no signs of a "patch" of any kind.

and on that note, I had forgotten how frustrating Kane & Lynch is. I'm still stuck on the Mizuki level. The aiming and firing mechanics are just atrocious, (I guess I had forgotten how bad they were) ... it's clear that I've been spoiled on Left 4 Dead.

JackGordon
1st Jul 2010, 16:50
^ I practically ace 'Crowd Control' every time... 360 version.

SlashPrower
1st Jul 2010, 17:10
PS3 version had okay aiming. The only problem I had in The Mizuki was Lynch's AI getting weird and walking into crossfire. Got through it easily.

PS3 had the best version, lol

Brackstone17
1st Jul 2010, 18:19
I always found the easiest way to do the Mizuki was to crouch and just take everyone out with melee. I found the ai had trouble hitting you amongst all the pedestrians, so that tended to work really well.

Also, I never had any trouble aiming on the xbox version. It took getting used to, but it still worked.

GrievousOdyssey
1st Jul 2010, 23:45
Jesus christ Kent you just suck at gaming ! DAMN ...

PS3 had the best version, lol

*trying not to explode because of the lack of a TROPHY PATCH* ...

I always found the easiest way to do the Mizuki was to crouch and just take everyone out with melee. I found the ai had trouble hitting you amongst all the pedestrians, so that tended to work really well.

Is it me , or The Mizuki (at least for the first section) was meant to be played like in the film Collateral ? because all i do is stick to the crowd , the guards gets lost and confused , then i melee them from the right or left , very stylish ...

Kent-45
2nd Jul 2010, 00:33
In the PC version they don't "get lost in the crowd" at all.... they shoot at you with pinpoint accuracy, even if you're up on that balcony way to Yoko's office.

I did find it amusing though, you can essentially cut out a big chunk of the storyline (and even a cutscene) if you kill a bodyguard and alarm people before heading into Yoko's office. Lynch will basically shout "I thought you wanted to be quiet!"

and when you enter Yoko's office, she's shooting at you. Kane basically says something like "We're kidnapping her!" and ... well... that's that. No further explanation. It makes me wonder how many players finished the game like this, and missed out on an entire cutscene in the process. It's funny.

GrievousOdyssey
2nd Jul 2010, 00:38
In the PC version they don't "get lost in the crowd" at all.... they shoot at you with pinpoint accuracy, even if you're up on that balcony way to Yoko's office.

I did find it amusing though, you can essentially cut out a big chunk of the storyline (and even a cutscene) if you kill a bodyguard and alarm people before heading into Yoko's office. Lynch will basically shout "I thought you wanted to be quiet!"

and when you enter Yoko's office, she's shooting at you. Kane basically says something like "We're kidnapping her!" and ... well... that's that. No further explanation. It makes me wonder how many players finished the game like this, and missed out on an entire cutscene in the process. It's funny.

Pinpoint accuracy ? are the A.I. ex-counter strike pros ? ...

Oh and i once did The Mizuki by killing all the guards right from the beginning , but that was like on my third or fifth playthrough , and indeed it was funny when Lynch says "I thought you wanted to do this quietly" as he watches Kane melee executionning the guard at the entrance ...