PDA

View Full Version : Welcome to Silent Hill... 8

Morphilms
28th Jun 2010, 21:51
I've always liked the Silent Hill series, except for the Wii, run away like Scooby an Shaggy saw a g-g-g-ghost! (Although the music kicks ass) So now number 8 is coming out in 2011, apparentlly.

That's good: Err you actually fight back, unlike Harry 2.0
That's bad: No regular series composer Akira Yamaoka
That's... the exact same: The main character has floppy hair!

I'm still excited...:thumb:

Bollocks, should have posted this before, link to Silent Hill 8 trailer http://kotaku.com/5574669/a-look-at-silent-hill-8-on-a-dark--stormy-night

SlashPrower
28th Jun 2010, 21:52
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

AKIRAAAAAAAAAAA

I thought we were on number 6.

MxOAgentJohnson
28th Jun 2010, 21:53
Silent hill 1 and 2 i have played, they were gold, and then i played silent hill: homecoming and i gave up entirely with the series, i wanted to do an E.T. on it, bury every ******* copy of it deep underground.

Brackstone17
28th Jun 2010, 22:01
I'm looking forward to the criminal angle on this one. If they make the main character an actual bad guy, there are some great things they could do.

EDIT: It's 8 because it goes Silent Hill, 2, 3, 4, Origins, Homecoming, Shattered Memories, 8.

Morphilms
28th Jun 2010, 22:01
ET didn't die, he went home... :( didn't he :eek: but yeah, I think origins is technically 5, homecoming is 6, shatterd memories is 7... :hmm:

CheesecakeRecipe
28th Jun 2010, 22:03
As a long time series fan I can say that without the involvement of the group who did the Wii/PS2/PSP Silent Hill: Shattered Memories and without Akira Yamaoka, this game is not going to bode well.

SlashPrower
28th Jun 2010, 22:36
But Shattered Memories was a remake thing while Origins was a prequel...

:mad2:

GrievousOdyssey
28th Jun 2010, 22:40
So ? ... Snake Eater was a prequel , that didn't stopped it from being Metal Gear Solid 3 ...

Morphilms
28th Jun 2010, 22:43
So ? ... Snake Eater was a prequel , that didn't stop it from being Metal Gear Solid 3 ...

Sorry, grammar issues... carry on about silent hill: Prison break... I mean 8

Brackstone17
28th Jun 2010, 22:44
I don't know why people are so angry about the lack of Akira Yamaoka. Once he started having a larger part in the games, other than just the soundtrack, they went downhill fast. It's probably best with him gone.

Morphilms
28th Jun 2010, 22:53
It's probably best with him gone.

Gone (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-12u04eADNU)...

ohitspatty
29th Jun 2010, 01:47
Is that a crappy port of Alan Wake to PS3?
Nevermind.

To me that SH8 looks like crap.
Remake the Silent Hill 2 (without any story changes) and release for PS3 and you will make some nice money, Konami! At least I'd buy it.

GrievousOdyssey
29th Jun 2010, 02:12
As one of those so called 'remastered' edition while in fact all it adds is Trophies ? Hell Yes ...

Bevacur
29th Jun 2010, 09:27
Man i WANT THIS GAME NOW. I hope they make the atmosphere alot more creepier similiar to SH 4. The ghost's, story and your apartment room was real creepy, things in your apartment. Did anyone see some guy's head in the window? Or Robbie..doing something creepy while you perve on the woman next door?

Homecoming was not scary at all, not even creepy to be honest.

Kent-45
29th Jun 2010, 11:00
What would Kane do if he were trapped in Silent Hill .... would he be unable to reconcile the supernatural things happening before his eyes, or would he draw his HK USP and investigate?

I'm a huge fan of crossovers.... and Silent Hill.... and survival horror.

GrievousOdyssey
29th Jun 2010, 14:20
Kane will discover that 'Silent Hill' was a themepark created by Lynch for Kane's forty seventh birthday , they all smiled and laughed and hugged , the end ...

That was one of them joke endings , of course ...

ohitspatty
29th Jun 2010, 17:22
As one of those so called 'remastered' edition while in fact all it adds is Trophies ? Hell Yes ...

Lmao, yeah more the likely.

SlashPrower
29th Jun 2010, 17:25
What would Kane do if he were trapped in Silent Hill .... would he be unable to reconcile the supernatural things happening before his eyes, or would he draw his HK USP and investigate?

I'm a huge fan of crossovers.... and Silent Hill.... and survival horror.

Unfortunately, that's not possible because the resulting game would be so awesome that trying to play it would result in a massive explosion.

EDIT: Lol, Silent Hill 8 does remind me of Alan Wake.

That trailer failed to interest me in the slightest.

Morphilms
29th Jun 2010, 22:20
I don't get how it reminds people of Alan Wake?

JackGordon
29th Jun 2010, 22:22
Neither do I.

Bevacur
29th Jun 2010, 22:22
The forest. It is what people did with Dog Day's and Army of Two. They both happen to be in Shanghai.

Brackstone17
29th Jun 2010, 22:25
Me neither. Seems like Silent Hill to me.

Morphilms
29th Jun 2010, 22:27
There were a few forests in the previous silent hill games, like number 4, with the orphanage...

GrievousOdyssey
29th Jun 2010, 22:30
The forest. It is what people did with Dog Day's and Army of Two. They both happen to be in Shanghai.

And it's the story of TWO people in Shanghai ...

Bevacur
29th Jun 2010, 22:31
Oh and 3 of them happen to be Mercenaries. American Mercenaries.

Morphilms
29th Jun 2010, 22:35
That's true but I could also use that an say Alan Wake reminds me of Alone In The Dark (Guy who's unsure of himself, surrounded by monsters) which in turn still leads me back to Silent Hill

ohitspatty
30th Jun 2010, 02:21
The whole atmosphere with blue forest and the flashlight looks very Alan Wake-y. And the fact that he is running through that woods away from the Police.

It just LOOKS like it, no one said it is. Besides, I'm actually not impressed but knowing life I'll buy it and later complain about how much it sucked (did someone say Homecoming?).