PDA

View Full Version : WEAPONS new weapon

kizanaka
29th Mar 2014, 18:55
Haven't played at all yet, just watched some videos and signed up. Just an idea i had for one of the humans. for the person to have a musket. its load time would be 30 seconds (an averaged realistic loading time.) a bit inaccurate but a one hit kill.

Khalith
29th Mar 2014, 19:43
It's an interesting idea but the devs have made it clear that they are against one hit kills.

Narphalex
29th Mar 2014, 20:27
A better idea would be to give a human melee class that would allow for close quarters attacks vs vamps. I understand that the mid mouse button is the default melee but when a group of vamps gets into close quarters with a group of humans its usually game over at that point unless the humans have a healer or a lot of turrets.

ThatsNotMyPirate
29th Mar 2014, 20:46
Haven't played at all yet, just watched some videos and signed up. Just an idea i had for one of the humans. for the person to have a musket. its load time would be 30 seconds (an averaged realistic loading time.) a bit inaccurate but a one hit kill.

There are tons and tons of things wrong with this idea. One, it isn't the point of the game and underminds the idea of the game... If there was a weapon like this, this class would be useless. 1 hit kill with a 30 sec load time would mean even if they killed 1 vamp, they would die with in the load time to another vampire no matter what.

Also this doesn't fit in with the lore. All Nosgoth Classes are 100% base off the lore of the LOK. There are no fire arms in the LOK world in this age.

It has to fit in the lore or it can't be put into the game.

cmstache
29th Mar 2014, 21:53
Won't happen, if nothing else, the developers "Refrain from 1-hit kills on principle."

Vampmaster
29th Mar 2014, 23:34
There are tons and tons of things wrong with this idea. One, it isn't the point of the game and underminds the idea of the game... If there was a weapon like this, this class would be useless. 1 hit kill with a 30 sec load time would mean even if they killed 1 vamp, they would die with in the load time to another vampire no matter what.

Also this doesn't fit in with the lore. All Nosgoth Classes are 100% base off the lore of the LOK. There are no fire arms in the LOK world in this age.

It has to fit in the lore or it can't be put into the game.

There is some sort of shotgun/musket here, but it's the only one in the series as far as I know. There's no telling what era Moebius snagged if from and this game has potential for much more creative weapons.
http://www.dark-chronicle.co.uk/az/moebiusmuseum.php

Khalith
30th Mar 2014, 00:10
There is some sort of shotgun/musket here, but it's the only one in the series as far as I know. There's no telling what era Moebius snagged if from and this game has potential for much more creative weapons.
http://www.dark-chronicle.co.uk/az/moebiusmuseum.php

Oh man, I totally forgot about that thing. Then the gunman idea isn't totally unfeasible. I wouldn't be against the musket idea but I don't think it would work as a class in it's own right, I could certainly see it as a weapon for hunter though, slow to fire but high damage at medium to close range but incredibly inaccurate at long distances, it would certainly change up hunter from it's current spray and pray style, actually it could end up being more fun.

Gryregaest
31st Mar 2014, 07:52
There's also the gun like devices used in SR2 by the vampire/demon hunters. And the fact that the alchemist weapons are already basically firearms.

Guns aren't the issue, but one hit kills and super long reload times are not really things I believe would add to gameplay.

Inrezairo
31st Mar 2014, 22:20
Guns aren't the issue, but one hit kills and super long reload times are not really things I believe would add to gameplay.

Agreed firearms beyond alchemist canons are still possible but I completely agree also that one hit kills would be a terrible idea and is likely to put lots of players off myself included. As for long loading times, this wouldn't be good as many vampires are getting very good at dodging with skills to compliment this, if you had a weapon, no matter it's power with a long reload, a skilled vampire player would simply wait and dodge before coming in for the kill otherwise the humans weapon would have to be a guaranteed hit and that would break the game.

Tureil
1st Apr 2014, 05:09
3 man Musketeers with a Hunter support man. 3 guaranteed kills since Vampires do their best point blank, and a hunter as an all around support class to fend off the remaining one. If they can reload on the run like the other classes it'll be a possibly brutally overpowered Human class.

Third of a star. Good effort, but....I can't see it, brother.