PDA

View Full Version : Parachute has disappeared

DamageControl
28th Jun 2010, 01:47
Like many other people, I have completed the Pirate Broadcast mission and lost the ability to deploy my parachute. I have reset the options and controls to default, I have erased and reinstalled the game data, I have triggered cutscenes to see if that would help....none of it worked.

I am stuck, 10 hours into the game, without a parachute. The "hit X to delpoy parachute" doesn't even come up. It's like every trace of the parachute has been wiped from the game.
I am 10 hours into the game and, missing an integral game item, can not progress. This is game-breaking, and needs to be addressed.

If no one from Eidos has a solution, just please let me know this is getting addressed in a patch. Thanks.

KomodoDave
29th Jun 2010, 23:08
Like many other people, I have completed the Pirate Broadcast mission and lost the ability to deploy my parachute. I have reset the options and controls to default, I have erased and reinstalled the game data, I have triggered cutscenes to see if that would help....none of it worked.

I am stuck, 10 hours into the game, without a parachute. The "hit X to delpoy parachute" doesn't even come up. It's like every trace of the parachute has been wiped from the game.
I am 10 hours into the game and, missing an integral game item, can not progress. This is game-breaking, and needs to be addressed.

If no one from Eidos has a solution, just please let me know this is getting addressed in a patch. Thanks.

Have you downloaded the Aerial Pack DLC, DamageControl?

It has in it "Rico's Standard Parachute", which is a dropped crate from the Black Market just like any other equipment.

Picking this up will hopefully solve the issue.

Let me know if it works.

CrabApple
1st Jul 2010, 10:53
no it doesn't work i pick it up and still doesn't appear any other idea's
thanks anyway :)

HannahMantana69
19th Jul 2010, 21:04

Same exact ******* problem. I wish someone would of told me not to do this mission.

SpecialWeapons
19th Jul 2010, 22:58
Im on PS3, Exact same problem here. Its really F****** annoying :@ It happened after the Broadcasting mission. Strange thing is that Xbox 360 users experiences the same problem. I Really hope Eidos is looking in to the problem!!! The game is not worth playing without the parachute....

SpecialWeapons
22nd Jul 2010, 14:07
THIS POST DOES NOT CONTAIN A SOLUTION

I sent a mail to eidos about the issue. They told me to contact square enix. I did, and after a couple of days this is what i got:

Dear Customer, Regarding your request for console support. Please find your answer below.
We appreciate you bringing this to our attention. While we cannot immediately offer a resolution, it will be forwarded to the appropriate party. Thank you for taking the time to contact us today and we look forward to your opinions of our upcoming titles.
Thank you for contacting the SQUARE ENIX Support Center. For additional assistance with this issue, you can reply to this email directly. For assistance with a new issue, please visit the SQUARE ENIX Support Center at http://support.na.square-enix.com.

the link just links me back to the support site....

ChiRoh
21st Oct 2010, 16:24
Im on PS3, Exact same problem here. Its really F****** annoying :@ It happened after the Broadcasting mission. Strange thing is that Xbox 360 users experiences the same problem. I Really hope Eidos is looking in to the problem!!! The game is not worth playing without the parachute....

From a little googling around, it seems this issue affects ALL formats (i.e. 360, PS3 & PC)

Clearly then, this is a definite 'in game' glitch and as such, I believe Eidos/Avalanche/Square Enix have an obligation to fix this incredible oversight that - as others have said - practically renders the game useless.

Moreover, if (like me) this happened before you complete the Story Missions, considering that Mission 5 ("Three Kings") needs the parachute to actually get the mission going, the game is now also unfinishable :mad2:

Come on Eidos, please can you get this sorted?

JonnehW
21st Oct 2010, 16:37
Lucky for me, I just tried the mission at my mates and I couldn't do it, I was going to check this site, so I did and I saw this thread, and now we're not gonna do it :)
THANKS GUYS :D

ChiRoh
22nd Oct 2010, 11:21
Lucky for me, I just tried the mission at my mates and I couldn't do it, I was going to check this site, so I did and I saw this thread, and now we're not gonna do it :)
THANKS GUYS :D

Wise decision JonnehW :thumb:

Likewise, if I'd have known in advance, I'd have avoided this mission until the very end (as most of us would), but I've found this 'parachute' glitch doesn't appear to be very widely publicised. Seems no-one 'up-top' wants to admit the appalling, game-killing glitch this problem is :hmm: I mean, it does seem very unprofessional doesn't it?

For what it's worth, this was one of my all-time favourite games of recent years until this. Ok, glitches do happen and if it could be fairly easily solved, fine...but there seems to be no definite solution until it is directly patched - and when will that happen:scratch: IMHO, let's just say we're likely to be waiting........for a very long while...

ChiRoh
31st Oct 2010, 14:35
Are we safe to assume Eidos are just ignoring this :confused: