PDA

View Full Version : ABILITIES Cast animations feel to slow.

0Exroath0
29th Mar 2014, 15:12
In my honest opinion if this is going the esports route (which I am to crap to join :P )
I honestly feel the cast animations are too slow.

Examples:
1: as an alchemist in a team fight Im just about to die but could save my team with an acid vial, However during the time I hit the key to the vial hitting the ground I've been killed and the vial doesnt go off , My team gets eaten.

2: as a tyrant I jump in to shock the enemy team and prepare to quake to allow my team chance to attack , While in the animation for quake I get bollas thrown on me (kinda feel these are too strong atm but thats another matter) and the ability is stopped .. and bamm im dead.

I feel that the skill should trigger just after I hit the key rather than when the animation finishes, I feel it takes away reactions to defend from the player. If I see a vampire pouncing at me why am I punished for trying to use an ability to counter them?

Extra question concerning the auto aim leap .. Why is it that if I dodge/roll out of the road of the pounce the game will still allow the skill to continue. I've been at the end of a roll and bamm im on the ground getting clawed at.

This isnt a one side is op post as it affects both sides. If I have the reaction speed to counter I should be able to counter some idiot :P

ThatsNotMyPirate
29th Mar 2014, 15:15
Cast Animation is slow on purpose.

This has to do with skill and how the game is played. This isn't LoL or Dota. You have to time your skills very well in this game with the cast time in your mind. It was odd for me as well. But I've been playing for a month and i'm use to it now and love how it works. Skill should leave you open, so you need to plan when you want to start up your skills. The system works well, just get use to it a bit more with this in mind. Good luck!

Khalith
29th Mar 2014, 15:22
I get more annoyed with the ground slam and other animations that get bola'd or knifed when your character clearly executes the animation and the sound effect goes off, but because of the timing of the CC, no damage is dealt.

0Exroath0
29th Mar 2014, 16:42
I get more annoyed with the ground slam and other animations that get bola'd or knifed when your character clearly executes the animation and the sound effect goes off, but because of the timing of the CC, no damage is dealt.

This is the issue im seeing more than anything..

I get the idea of timing your skills etc, but its those times when the skill is used .. the animation is finished then nothing that I find to be the biggest issue.

Oroibahazopi
29th Mar 2014, 17:35
Yeah because it's bad game mechanics to have a soft counter system for skills.

Because allowing people to just mash their keyboard to dump their skills without the possibility of counterplay raises the skill ceiling.

etc

cmstache
29th Mar 2014, 20:57
If I see a vampire pouncing at me why am I punished for trying to use an ability to counter them?

That's your issue. There's more to skills than sight. It's the best part about the game, audio matters.

Also, dodge leaps sideways, not forwards or backwards, and earlier than you would expect.

0Exroath0
29th Mar 2014, 23:17
That's your issue. There's more to skills than sight. It's the best part about the game, audio matters.

Also, dodge leaps sideways, not forwards or backwards, and earlier than you would expect.

Trust me try and dodge a leap .. its not possible if they are using the auto aim version, Even if you clearly make the dodge the game will then pin you at the end of your roll , Im sure its a bug.

cmstache
30th Mar 2014, 00:08
I promise you, it's possible. As a veteran player I can assure it's most definitely possible, and happens all the time. Not only can I, but I do dodges multiple pounces back to back.

Khalith
30th Mar 2014, 00:16
I promise you, it's possible. As a veteran player I can assure it's most definitely possible, and happens all the time. Not only can I, but I do dodges multiple pounces back to back.

This is true most of the time, if you pay attention for the growl and roll early you can avoid the pounce, it's not full proof though, with the aim assist one the window is pretty small but if they strictly use the non-aim assist one (I only use that one to help improve my aim, I've been getting better) it's a lot easier. I do agree that it is pretty annoying when you're getting pounced, you roll to the side, and suddenly the reaver is clawing you and your character is pulled back to where it was prior to your roll.