PDA

View Full Version : WayneTech upgrades not showing up at 12% completion, can't progress...

KSweeley
27th Jun 2010, 13:28
I'm playing Batman: Arkham Asylum Game of the Year edition I just downloaded from Steam, at 12% completion, just after I picked up the explosive gel gun from the Batmobile and am inside the medical facility right before I need to rescue Dr. Young in the X-Ray room and the required upgrade is NOT showing up to allow me to spray the gel on the two walls, I upgraded the armor and physical attacks to the max also the batarang I also upgraded to max. Please help someone.

gregee123
27th Jun 2010, 15:58
There's no upgrade that allows to spray the gel on two walls. It's the basic functionality.

KSweeley
27th Jun 2010, 16:11
There's no upgrade that allows to spray the gel on two walls. It's the basic functionality.

Not in the PC version... I spray once and I can't spray again.

gregee123
27th Jun 2010, 16:23
I play it on PC.

KSweeley
27th Jun 2010, 17:29
I play it on PC.

Well, for some reason I can't, is there a program that I can capture a video of the problem so I can upload it to a free filehosting service to send to you to see the problem?

gregee123
27th Jun 2010, 17:38
fraps comes to mind. free version allows to capture 30 seconds of video which should be more than enough.

What exactly happens when you hold right mouse button and press left mouse button with one portion of the gel already on a wall ?

KSweeley
28th Jun 2010, 06:06
fraps comes to mind. free version allows to capture 30 seconds of video which should be more than enough.

What exactly happens when you hold right mouse button and press left mouse button with one portion of the gel already on a wall ?

The animation of the gun is played however no explosive gel actually comes out of the gun onto the second wall after I placed the gel on the first wall.

gregee123
28th Jun 2010, 09:37
Well one way or another this is not because of a missing upgrade.

Some people are having really weird problems with this game.

I think you should try a clean reinstall also turn off all your anti-virus and dvd-emulation software. Some say this can cause problems with the game.

I'm afraid you may need to start the game from scratch :( but getting to the batmobile takes about 15 minutes (and would take even less if not for the lengthy walk during the intro).

Sorry to be of no real help. One good advice I can give you is you could consider creating an offline GFWL account and use it to play B:AA. That way you can easily backup your saves like for example right after the intro.

Once you get to the batmobile and pick up the gel try to spray it in two separate places on the ground. If all works ok go to the nearest check point and back up your save.

It's a rough start for you hope it gets better down the road.