PDA

View Full Version : Official K&L2:DD Xbox Beta Game Arrangements

MxOAgentJohnson
27th Jun 2010, 11:21
Greetings forum members.

I decided, due to the fact that the people on xbox are getting a beta, as well as many others, we should arrange games every now and then at a certain time to play with each other.

I propose all xbox live users add me, MxOAgentJohnson : And from July 2nd onwards, we shall play a few rounds of fragile alliance from 7PM GMT Time.

This will help us that a friendly bunch of people are able to experience the game as intended, rather than getting spawn killed, having to traitor in self defence, and underage children screaming down the microphone.

Post your gamertag here or add mine and we can arrange some games.

UhUh
27th Jun 2010, 14:15
GMT Time.

Greenwich Mean Time, quite redundant :D

This will help us that a friendly bunch of people are able to experience the game as intended, rather than getting spawn killed, having to traitor in self defence, and underage children screaming down the microphone.

The first two problems have been taken care of with the new mechanics.

anyway, gamertag nymb

BeardedHoplite
27th Jun 2010, 14:31
7 GMT? That would be.....
8pm- Most of Europe
9pm- European part of Russia
1pm- Chicago, midwest U.S.
2pm- Jamacia
11am- U.S West Coast
2pm- U.S. East Coast
47:47- Grevious time
9pm- Turkey
2am-China
12am-India
3am-Japan

Tell me if I missed anything

EDIT: God I hope none of you turn on the group, I don't.

GrievousOdyssey
27th Jun 2010, 14:40
Marvelous , i don't even have to post on a topic and someone already mentions my name ... Godly ! ...

You did missed Turkey (for Vulture) and China (surely there has to be some Kane & Lynch fan in Shanghai) ...

Brackstone17
27th Jun 2010, 15:12
I'm in for some FA rounds at that time. My gamertag is Brackstone17.

sublime90
27th Jun 2010, 16:42
great idea. sublime90 here, i really cant wait for this its going to be great playing some FA bring back all those awesome old memories.

MxOAgentJohnson
27th Jun 2010, 17:08
You picky dicks.

You should all know by now im british, so 7pm in london, you can convert these things yourself you arseholes :P

II J0SePh X II
27th Jun 2010, 17:26
Yeah, can't wait. My GT is II J0SePh X II the o is a zero.

Nick@IO
27th Jun 2010, 17:32
Moved this thread (great initiative, btw) to the Exclusive demo forums. I can also add that a bunch of the devs will be playing online at various times (calendar will be revealed next week) so you'll have the chance (if in Europe) to kick some IO butt! And, yeah, including mine.

MxOAgentJohnson
27th Jun 2010, 17:37
Nick, i am going to whoop your ass western style.

Your firm... Cute.. little arse.

JackGordon
27th Jun 2010, 17:43
Great! Who wants to be my human shield?

Morphilms
27th Jun 2010, 18:33
Ah bollocks I sold K&L 1 an a few other games to help pay my rent... that is the game your recruitin for isn't it MxO? Just in case none of us get the beta demo.

MxOAgentJohnson
27th Jun 2010, 18:46
Im arranging games for both 1 and 2, after the demo is up if you dont get in ill be glad to play a few rounds of k&l dead men

Morphilms
27th Jun 2010, 18:49
Sound, ta lad, now to hold on to me K&L:DD lottery ticket

neo498
27th Jun 2010, 22:17
gametag:tonio95310 i'm french

Vulture
27th Jun 2010, 22:23
gt: ExitT0ExisT

i dont have gold right now but i'm tryin to buy one from ebay (cant buy from xbox.com doesnt allow my credit card)

hope i'll get one before the 1st of july

KilL1oNaire
28th Jun 2010, 04:32
Hi, if i get a code, you can count me in guys !
My gt: EXecuTioNz XI

JD_Method
28th Jun 2010, 12:12
I wouldn't mind playing, but I keep having to work late so I don't know if I'd be home for 7pm. :(

Bawabus
28th Jun 2010, 15:54
Count me in, I'll add ya's and try to get on around one.

GrievousOdyssey
28th Jun 2010, 16:01
What , you got a 360 ? ...

Stoniedude
28th Jun 2010, 16:04
What , you got a 360 ? ...
i do, and i just bought it on steam about 10 min ago lol.

GrievousOdyssey
28th Jun 2010, 16:07
Lol sorry , i already knew you had a 360 , i was talking to Bawabus , above me ...

Bawabus
28th Jun 2010, 16:16
I do; I own a 360 and a PS3. The PS3 is what I play primarily.

28th Jun 2010, 16:28
If I get a token I'll be on it.

One of Seven
28th Jun 2010, 18:01
My tag is in my sig.

Morphilms
28th Jun 2010, 21:11
I sent friend requests to the majority on here, except Bawabus, unsure if your forum name is your gamertag?

CheesecakeRecipe
28th Jun 2010, 21:27
One thing I think we should do is set up a Metatag. Basically, we create one gamertag that has a name relevant to the K&L universe. Some kind of group or collective that we could unite under. And then we have someone manage the metatag and have everyone who wants to play with others from here add it as a friend. This way it keeps our friends lists a little cleaner but at the same time lets us keep an eye on the others from this forum.

I'd offer to create and manage the tag if we decide to do it and vote on a name, but that's up to you guys. I'd just like to be able to create a little more permanence for myself with this community, and helping everyone here be able to meet up and send game invites using the metatag would be a good way for me to do that. But again, this is up to you guys.

MxOAgentJohnson
28th Jun 2010, 21:29
Or we could do what i originally planned and just all add me and i can send PM's with timed dates and everything that i planned for you for the past couple of days...

CheesecakeRecipe
28th Jun 2010, 21:34
Or we could do what i originally planned and just all add me and i can send PM's with timed dates and everything that i planned for you for the past couple of days...

I'm aware you planned this, but the Metatag would allow you to have your buddy list relatively cleaner than adding the dozens of people who may eventually flock here once the demo hits. Xbox Live accounts only have a limit of 100 friends anyways I believe, so my idea was more for keeping everyone's friends lists open for more friends for other games as well while still letting them keep in contact with other fans.

I don't really know how often you use your gamertag for other things anyways, but most other communities I go to we use the metatag system and it works out great for us. Just thought I'd mention it here to see how people felt about it, again I won't act on it unless a majority here feel it would be the right way. :D

MxOAgentJohnson
28th Jun 2010, 21:37
Seen as though the only reason i ever go on Xbox is to play games i cant run on PC, and play Fragile Alliance, it would be best, im constnatly on now that i've fully finished education and im only adding dedicated players to my list to play

Its not gonna be in the 20-30 area, more like 10-15 people who are regular on forums and can arrange a few friendly gaems, heck this forum was only really aimed at Jack, One of Seven, and the other Xbox users here but i didnt really think it would be this succesful.

Your metatag is a good idea but im sure as hell not making it a gold, heck if you want ill make the metatag now, got nothing else to do, but its really a matter of i had planned everything to go and its all sorted, i have to just get details of when your doing stuff so i know who is a potential player each day.

CheesecakeRecipe
28th Jun 2010, 21:43
We've never had a gold metatag, since it doesn't play the game it doesn't need to be. It just acts as an auxilary friends list, so I could manage adding names to the tag while you could still perform the act of setting up the events and gamertags to send invites to from the metatag.

What do ya think? I mean, if you honestly believe it's only going to be 10-15 people then it would be overkill but just in case things to pick up it is an option to look into.

MxOAgentJohnson
28th Jun 2010, 21:44
I'll make it tonight, personally i appreciate the offer to help but i dont really need any help, i've got a ****ton of free time now and i prefer to have something to occupy my time...

CheesecakeRecipe
28th Jun 2010, 21:45
I've really more been suggesting that I manage it just so that the community can see I'm not a hit-and-runner and plan to maintain myself here for the future.

MxOAgentJohnson
28th Jun 2010, 21:48
Sometimes i dunno why i bother lol...

If you want to do it so badly why not arrange your own one? do you honestly think helping with this will not make you a hit n runner.

Staying with the community, getting to know each other, having a laugh and sharing interlectual things helps, jumping straight into someone elses plan that they have set up isnt really "Helping" yea i appreciate the offer and im really not trying to be selfish but i would prefer to do this on my own, you really dont know how angry and aggitated i get when i have nothing to do during a day...

The community isnt going to get big enough for me to have reason to make a metatag so i really dont see the point.

Morphilms
28th Jun 2010, 21:57
**** I think Johnson's ready to break out the shovel an start screaming "YOU SHOULD HAVE LET ME HANDLE THIS. YOU SHOULD. HAVE LET. ME. HANDLE THIS!" lol

MxOAgentJohnson
28th Jun 2010, 21:58
It was 33 degrees in the UK at peak time today, Doesnt help i was wearing a gas mask.

Its so hot in this god damn GAS MASK!

i see what you did there, shovel, handle, muhahaha

CheesecakeRecipe
28th Jun 2010, 21:59
do you honestly think helping with this will not make you a hit n runner.

Uh, yeah? If the community picks up a bit of participation from newcomers then keeping tabs on a tag would require me to be much more active. You see, I haven't posted much on the forums until now because I felt like I didn't have anything that quite needed to be said. Now that i've started posting though, I'm getting into the community. Managing the metatag would give me another way to stay active in the community.

It's honestly not in any way "Jumping into" your plan. It's merely another way of doing things that I suggested we look into doing, and I offered myself for the job for the reasons above. Again, I wouldn't be the one making the events and sending invites to games. I would just be maintaining a list of players for ease of access and cleaner friends lists. That's all this is.

EDIT: Oh god why would you wear a gas mask in that weather, you're going to give yourself a stroke man!

MxOAgentJohnson
28th Jun 2010, 22:02
-Whips out the shovel- YOU SHOULD LET ME HANDLE THIS, YOU SHOULD, LET ME, HANDLE THIS!

I'm going to say this one last time

I dont need any help thank you very much, what i do with my gamertag is my business and i dont care if its more disorganised than BP, i want to do it and im prepared for the consiquences,

I used to run a massive community of about 25,000 people across 10 different steam games on my own, i was funded by a sponsor and we had the community running on numerous source games for 1 year until life got in the way, the community was closed the forums and website were closed and the people went to other communities, i think i can handle 10-30 people.

GrievousOdyssey
28th Jun 2010, 22:04
Johnson , he is not worth your anger ...
Just listen to the tone of his voice , you'll understand why he actually only decided to 'join' our community now ...

MxOAgentJohnson
28th Jun 2010, 22:05
Ergh sorry, i get blackouts sometimes and its so ******* horrbile afterwards.

Also status update on me getting a ps3, end of august at the least.

CheesecakeRecipe
28th Jun 2010, 22:07
Johnson , he is not worth your anger ...
Just listen to the tone of his voice , you'll understand why he actually only decided to 'join' our community now ...

What's that supposed to mean, exactly? I'm fairly sure I'm conducting myself rather well here in trying to reason why I offered myself for the job, even though I specifically said that this is only if we decided to do it as a community.

MxOAgentJohnson
28th Jun 2010, 22:09
-troll scanner activated-

i am sencing massive amounts of trolliness in this thread.

CheesecakeRecipe
28th Jun 2010, 22:13
HOW am I a troll? If anything, the troll detector is going off on you guys. Look at yourselves, ganging up on the new guy. Is it a wonder you expect such a low turnout for the community here? I've never once gone to a forum and been insulted and pushed about like I have here. I understand things are closely knit here, but this is NO way to establish and maintain a community.

If you really were able to manage such a large community Agent, you'd understand this.

MxOAgentJohnson
28th Jun 2010, 22:15
Hahahahahaha, troll troll is troll.

i know, a fellow troll knows a troll when he see's one.

Morphilms
28th Jun 2010, 22:16
Cheesecake, you can't stay in this topic, just... RUN!

But seriously, he's saying he appriciates the help an the suggestions but he's got it sorted, come on, group hug :D

MxOAgentJohnson
28th Jun 2010, 22:17
Obviously cheesecake hasnt passed the MxO initiation process hahaha.

GrievousOdyssey
28th Jun 2010, 22:20
Yeah , sure , 'ganging up on the new guy' , just because Cake over here got offended at Johnson's refusal , he blows it out of proportion ...
There's some Art in making Drama , you know that ...

MxOAgentJohnson
28th Jun 2010, 22:22
See what i notice with trolls or just general douches is that they ignore the interlectual stuff you say to them and select the bits to continue the argument.

Just look at my previous posts and his replies and you will see what i mean.

taylornathan2991
28th Jun 2010, 22:48
Moved this thread (great initiative, btw) to the Exclusive demo forums. I can also add that a bunch of the devs will be playing online at various times (calendar will be revealed next week) so you'll have the chance (if in Europe) to kick some IO butt! And, yeah, including mine.

haha thats awesome man! This game is looking exciting, cannot wait to play this! I really want a demo code early so I can check this beast out though lol

kelly is belly
29th Jun 2010, 07:36
Greetings forum members.

Post your gamertag here or add mine and we can arrange some games.

the friendly part sounds lame,I like the rest after that

II J0SePh X II
29th Jun 2010, 08:49
Community account is a good idea, you only need to get a free silver account, then we can see who's on at any time.

MxOAgentJohnson
29th Jun 2010, 08:53
Community account is a good idea, you only need to get a free silver account, then we can see who's on at any time.

Congratz on 47th post

Grievous your failing horribly :P

II J0SePh X II
29th Jun 2010, 11:20
^Haha. I accepted your FR too but I'm getting a bit worried about this token for the demo. Where's it coming to? E-mail address or PM?

MxOAgentJohnson
29th Jun 2010, 11:22
At the latest, july 1st, i still havent got my guarentee'd token yet, im assuming today tomorow or july 1st.

taylornathan2991
29th Jun 2010, 15:10
-Whips out the shovel- YOU SHOULD LET ME HANDLE THIS, YOU SHOULD, LET ME, HANDLE THIS!

I'm going to say this one last time

I dont need any help thank you very much, what i do with my gamertag is my business and i dont care if its more disorganised than BP, i want to do it and im prepared for the consiquences,

I used to run a massive community of about 25,000 people across 10 different steam games on my own, i was funded by a sponsor and we had the community running on numerous source games for 1 year until life got in the way, the community was closed the forums and website were closed and the people went to other communities, i think i can handle 10-30 people.

That was so well worded and funny man lol Even if it wasn't supposed to be!

BeardedHoplite
29th Jun 2010, 15:22
After reading the ****-storm on the last page, I wanna get this clear.

Mxo is the guy whos handling all the community FA games, right?

And Cheeesecake is still not accepted?

zephyr1991
29th Jun 2010, 16:43
I will play but note this, I play the game how it should be played. I don't care if someone and I are best buds, I can and will traitor at any point and time if it fits my needs to win a lobby. People may cry about it but that's how the game was supposed to be played. Note this doesn't mean I spawn kill, though that is no longer possible.

My username is my gamertag. zephyr1991

PS. I'm -5. AKA EST.

james seth lynch
29th Jun 2010, 18:43
give me one key pleeeeeaaase!!!! :)

GrievousOdyssey
29th Jun 2010, 19:12
I will play but note this, I play the game how it should be played. I don't care if someone and I are best buds, I can and will traitor at any point and time if it fits my needs to win a lobby. People may cry about it but that's how the game was supposed to be played.

Respect ! ...

give me one key pleeeeeaaase!!!! :)

:) ...

JackGordon
29th Jun 2010, 19:22
:) ...
:lol: You, editor, you...

zephyr1991
30th Jun 2010, 11:38
aaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhh I cant take it! I wanna play now... stupid Thursday aha.

Bawabus
1st Jul 2010, 03:04
Just so I'm clear, tomorrow we're all gonna play together around 1 P.M. GMT?

I'll add the fine topic creator we have here, and all the rest of ya are going to do the same?

taylornathan2991
1st Jul 2010, 03:58
I don't have a token hopefully I'll be able to play tommorow though.

taylornathan2991
1st Jul 2010, 04:07
gamertag kobrak1ng.

Rob0727
1st Jul 2010, 05:47
hey guys do u know when the demo starts or when they send out the demo tokens

kelly is belly
1st Jul 2010, 08:33
its starts 1pm gmt
and they already did

Nick@IO
1st Jul 2010, 08:49
hey guys do u know when the demo starts or when they send out the demo tokens

Tokens went out yesterday and will go out today as well.

Zidrien
1st Jul 2010, 08:51
There's still time for some to go out?

Rob0727
1st Jul 2010, 09:40
please i want one so bad and yes im begging do you suggest anything else

MxOAgentJohnson
2nd Jul 2010, 14:14
There will be a game today, 7PM GMT London Time, i will send messages to people on my friend list and invite everyone who is playing into a party chat,

Hope to see you all there.

Bevacur
2nd Jul 2010, 16:22
I wil definitely play!

I love this demo so much!!

zephyr1991
2nd Jul 2010, 16:52
gamertag is zephyr1991

Bevacur
2nd Jul 2010, 16:56
Gamertag for me is Curtisb22, add me everyone, and we shall rule the Shanghai criminal underworld!

MxOAgentJohnson
2nd Jul 2010, 16:58
Add me, its easier and im online NOW!

Bevacur
2nd Jul 2010, 17:03
Will go online in a few mins. Whats ya gamertag?

MxOAgentJohnson
2nd Jul 2010, 17:09
MxOAgentJohnson

Bevacur
2nd Jul 2010, 17:10
I should of guessed the obvious -.-

Will add you later.

MxOAgentJohnson
2nd Jul 2010, 17:40
If you want to play you best add me and head off onto xbox NOW, 20 minutes until the first game, come early for pre-game chichat :D

Bevacur
2nd Jul 2010, 17:43
I'm stuck between two tasks! Cooking my food and talking to everyone on the forums, my life isnt getting easier! I'm getting old for running into the kitchen then back upstairs to my bedroom.

I also need to remove a wire from my computer to the xbox!

GrievousOdyssey
2nd Jul 2010, 18:14
Further proof that we Need an entire hotel for us , and then we can talk face to face ...

And shout at each other face to face ...

Yeah ...

Bevacur
2nd Jul 2010, 18:22
That would be cool, the whole K&L community in a single hotel.

GrievousOdyssey
2nd Jul 2010, 18:26
I'll get the top suite of course ...

Anywya , you build it ...

Bevacur
2nd Jul 2010, 18:27
Yeh ok, i build it, you fund it.

DirtDiggz
2nd Jul 2010, 19:10
Gamertag: DirtDiggz Add me so we can get some good lasting games going!