PDA

View Full Version : Official Just Cause 2 Multiplayer thread

Mrmeeph
27th Jun 2010, 01:36
I think by now, the only things that would make Just Cause 2 better is the super-mega-fixer Patch that the Devs are *hopefully* working on RIGHT NOW, and of course built-in multiplayer mode. Im talking for ALL consoles, and not just a mod for PC.

But how could it work? Its quite simple, and Im sure many others have already thought of this. All we really want is a lobby of about 20 people and the ability to roam Panau and do whatever we want. This is similar to GTA4 as you may have figured out now.

But I feel we can make it better. I think that there could be a whole bunch of activities that someone could propose. Anyone can choose to join, or ignore it. And I think that in the world of Panau, there are a lot of awesome things we could do together. I have a few ideas for games/activities

Race Challenge: like a simple challenge in singleplayer mode, but instead against the clock, its against the other players.
Demolition Derby: People choose a car from a menu consisting of the toughest cars in the game. After everyone chooses they are put up against each other in a crash-only battle to the death.
Dogfight: everyone is given an Si-47 Leopard and simply fights until the last player stands. Can also be in 2 teams.
Stunt Rally:Players take turns doing stunts. They get to choose their vehicle from a menu. They are given a minute to attempt the best trick. After each turn, everyone except the stunt-er rates the stunts 1-5. The highest average wins.
Precious Cargo:The people are split in 2 teams. One player on Team 1 is given an enhanced Bering 1-86DP. The rest of the team is given Si-47 Leopards. After Team 1 has gotten a head start, the other team tries to destroy the Bering with Leopards. If they destroy it in 5 minutes, they win, if not, the other team wins.
Hide n' Go Kill The players are spread across a designated area. They all have to find and kill each other. Each player gets an SMG, a pistol, and an assault rifle. There is also a Hedge Wildchild. Last standing wins. Also works with 2 teams
Titan: One player, the Titan, is given a GV-104 Razorback, along with a rocket launcher, grenade launcher, and SMG. The others are given An assault rifle or a shot gun, an SMG or a sawed-off shotgun, and a revolver, along with a Saas PP12 Hogg. If you kill the Titan you become him. If you are the Titan when 10 minutes is up, you win.

Thats all I have as for gametypes for now. Remember that you wouldn't have to join. There would be a collection of "regions" that you could start at for any of the gametypes. In some gametypes you would be confined to that place (ie Hind n' Go Kill), but in others you could go anywhere (ie Dogfight). There would be "regions" large ans small, all depending on what gametype and how many people are playing it. To play any gametype you need at least 5 people playing. Playing and winning games would earn you Panauan Credits, which I'll talk about later. Now for Free Roaming.

If you choose not to play in an Activity, you will just roam around Panau with the other players. You could go anywhere in Panau and do anything. The game would be the exact same, but with all your friends. [EDIT] In free roaming mode, the whole group of 20 people is split into either 5 groups of 4, or 4 groups of 5. These "posse" members can only spawn on people in the same posse. They also can decide as a group to turn on friendly fire. Like Battlefield games, you can only chat with your posse, but you can choose to go to community chat with everyone. Each group would be named as: Agency, Reapers, Ular Boys, Roaches, or Panau Military.
There are some problems you may think think of, but there are ways of working around it:

1) What if I die while everyone is in, per say, Pell Silverbolts? How will I catch up? People ask permission to spawn on them. If you want to spawn on someone, they can allow or not by using the D-pad. If you spawn on someone you will automatically get the same vehicle and appear right behind them. '
2)What if everyone wants to get in the same kind of vehicle, but it only spawns in one place? The second that person leaves the spawning place, it appears again, so even if you have a large group of people, getting everyone in the same vehicle will be quick.
3)How will stunt jumping work?Like normal. someone drives, ans someone gets on top. But for some special vehicles, like the Quapaw, people can also get into the side and stay there. Other vehicles that work like this or allow multiple stunt jumpers are pick-up trucks, trucks, large boats, etc.
4)If I find a vehicle or settlement that I hadn't in single player, will it count? Yes it will. All the your Black Market items and PDA information is carried over, and can be carried back.
5)Can I still extract? Yes, but still only to known settlements. Extraction is given to you automatically in Multiplayer, even if you dont have it in singleplayer.
6)How does the Black Market work? You can still use it like normal. You will still be able to buy your DLC on the BM.
7)So all DLC is in multiplayer? Only if you have bought on the Xbox Live Marketplace or PlayStation Network.
8)Lets say I just got Just Cause 2. Are there any requirements of Singleplayer before I can play online?Yes. You must Complete the first 2 Agency Missions, and complete the first set of Stronghold Takeovers.

Now one thing you may be thinking is this: Wait, wont we be playing online in a sea of Ricos? How will we tell anyone apart?

ANSWER: Panauan Credits! By winning activities online, you will gain these Credits. You can use credits to buy pieces of outfits. You can customize what your character is wearing. These costumes include anything from a soldier outfit to a civilian parka. You can also choose your gender. The male base could be Rico and the female base Kane. Even more, you can customize a "paint job" for vehicles. You choose a primary and secondary color, and whenever you get in a vehicle, it will automatically turn those colors. You would have to pay a small price to change the colors.

Okay, I think this is about time I wrap up. Please, If you like these Ideas, tell me! if you think it can be changed, then tell me NICELY. No flaming. If you have any ideas for other gametypes, tell me! I may edit them in! Remember, these are just thoughts and ideas from a gamer, and there is no multiplayer announced yet. Thank you!:D

EDITS- These are all good suggestions from viewer with my own small variations or additions:
-Posse Idea, Black market costs money (Or Panauan Credits), Heat System applied suggested by Deserteagle8.

Zenro
27th Jun 2010, 01:52
I say we keep the heat system and you can turn pvp on and off. Also the black market items should still cost money. I mean if we're transfering all PDA data then shouldn't we also transfer the cash?

DesertEagle8
27th Jun 2010, 02:48
those are great ideas, maybe mycoldman will see it and share it with the other devs.

anyway, i think there should be heat as well. this may sound a little too similair to another game, red dead redemption, but they should incorporate some kind of group system (like a posse) where the people in one group cant kill each other and would share the heat level of their other group members.

there should be some kind of standard tdm using anything from cars and boats to rocket launchers and machine guns.

It would be really annoying if other players could grapple each other so that should probably not be incorporated.'

and how would civilians be incorporated into all of this? i really dont think the game engine could incorporate all of this while also supporting a number of other players. im not tryin to ruin everyones spirit, but how is it all gonna work? i hope the devs can make it work anyway though!

RunningBare
27th Jun 2010, 03:05
Perhaps in JC3, but I seriously doubt you will see much more for JC2, it appears to be dead already.

Mrmeeph
27th Jun 2010, 04:02
I say we keep the heat system and you can turn pvp on and off. Also the black market items should still cost money. I mean if we're transfering all PDA data then shouldn't we also transfer the cash? Yeah after rethinking it, I agree with you. But Im still on a BM boycott until they lower the prices.

Mrmeeph
27th Jun 2010, 04:07
those are great ideas, maybe mycoldman will see it and share it with the other devs.

anyway, i think there should be heat as well. this may sound a little too similair to another game, red dead redemption, but they should incorporate some kind of group system (like a posse) where the people in one group cant kill each other and would share the heat level of their other group members.

there should be some kind of standard tdm using anything from cars and boats to rocket launchers and machine guns.

It would be really annoying if other players could grapple each other so that should probably not be incorporated.'

and how would civilians be incorporated into all of this? i really dont think the game engine could incorporate all of this while also supporting a number of other players. im not tryin to ruin everyones spirit, but how is it all gonna work? i hope the devs can make it work anyway though!The Posse idea is great! And its perfect too! 4 groups of 5: Agency, Reapers, Ulars, and Roaches.

Lol sorry for being a n00b but what is a tdm?

Yeah no grappling each other. That would be madness.

And Im sure they could do the civilian stuff. Its not impossible, and you'd be surprised what game systems can do now.

froodymoose
27th Jun 2010, 09:52
Yes! Multiplayer is what this game needs.
With the vehicles, I think most should allow players to ride shotgun (like your Quapaw suggestion). Any vehicle with enough seats should allow up to 4 players inside (maybe a fifth on the roof), and players can shoot normally out of the windows. That would be awesome.

xI Jakk Ix
27th Jun 2010, 10:08
Avalanche don't care about JC2 anymore.

Zenro
27th Jun 2010, 17:23

and how would civilians be incorporated into all of this? i really dont think the game engine could incorporate all of this while also supporting a number of other players. im not tryin to ruin everyones spirit, but how is it all gonna work? i hope the devs can make it work anyway though!

Well since you referenced Red Dead Redemption then wouldn't the civilian system work the same? If i remember correctly then on there the civilians are still present in the multiplayer mode.

Rios
27th Jun 2010, 19:25
Ive played some RDR MP, not a lot so I could be wrong, but I don't recall seeing any civilians walking around.

DesertEagle8
27th Jun 2010, 19:45
Perhaps in JC3, but I seriously doubt you will see much more for JC2, it appears to be dead already.

wth? how is it dead? :eek: i mean the devs are tryin to improve it, i hope, how would it be forgotten. it hasnt been that incredibly long since it even come out. :hmm:

DesertEagle8
27th Jun 2010, 19:48
also, rdr mp has civilians, just nowhere near as many as in singleplayer. you actually get points for killin civies in that game. i just cant believe that you think Avalanche has forgot about the game and dont care. is this really true?:scratch:

anyway, tdm means team deathmatch

JustCauseForever
27th Jun 2010, 20:40
wth? how is it dead? :eek: i mean the devs are tryin to improve it, i hope, how would it be forgotten. it hasnt been that incredibly long since it even come out. :hmm:

Common consensus here is that the patch is mythical.
It's been a month since MCM announced news of the patch "soon", and most people think it will never come.

However, I'm sure the devs have merely reached some sort of problem with the patch, and are frantically working on it as hard as they can. [Saracasm or not? I'll let you decide]

But, on topic, JC2 MP would be fantastic!
If normal JC2 blew me away, MP would send me flying like from a category 5 Hurricane.

Zenro
28th Jun 2010, 05:06

Every one must remember that we should all love our haters.:rasp:

Cheesepuff
28th Jun 2010, 08:52
This is possibly....no is THE best idea I have heard for this game but it shouldnt be Just multiplayer I think it should be split screen too. there are some poeple out there who dont have high speed internet out there and also like to have friends over.

JayHaloBeast
28th Jun 2010, 10:37
It's being made, well it's in development as we speak. It's being created by the same people who made SA:MP. Just Cause 2 MP (http://www.jc2-mp.com/)

And no, Just Cause 2 isn't dead... it's not long ago come out.

Mrmeeph
28th Jun 2010, 19:15
It's being made, well it's in development as we speak. It's being created by the same people who made SA:MP. Just Cause 2 MP (http://www.jc2-mp.com/)

And no, Just Cause 2 isn't dead... it's not long ago come out. This is only a mod for the PC only :( Im talking about a MP made by the Devs for all consoles.

DesertEagle8
28th Jun 2010, 22:43
dam, i hope that Multiplayer comes out on consoles too. if not, im gonna be sooo pissed!comon, avalanche, i really dont want to wait a couple years for jc3. by then ill forget about the series anyway.

Cheesepuff
29th Jun 2010, 00:31
Wouldnt it be awsome if the new patch that Mycoldman was talking about actually included co-op or multiplayer or both!

JC2-MASTER
29th Jun 2010, 01:00
yea i know what u mean id really like a multyplayer mode too

EsotericOne
29th Jun 2010, 05:19
Yeah after rethinking it, I agree with you. But Im still on a BM boycott until they lower the prices.
lol im on that boat

Avalanche don't care about JC2 anymore.
agreed

Common consensus here is that the patch is mythical.
It's been a month since MCM announced news of the patch "soon", and most people think it will never come.

However, I'm sure the devs have merely reached some sort of problem with the patch, and are frantically working on it as hard as they can. [Saracasm or not? I'll let you decide]

But, on topic, JC2 MP would be fantastic!
If normal JC2 blew me away, MP would send me flying like from a category 5 Hurricane.
problem is its already turned people off the game i havent played the game since the third week of having it even gamestop is telling people not to buy it, 3 more weeks and it wont be my problem anymore. eidos and avalanche had their shot and blew it. look at the ruffian theyre addressing every issue regarding CD2 head on now thats customer service, even if the game is lack luster in sandbox gameplay.

personally its a great game but if the issues arent addressed by the end of july, im gonna find myself playing a new game and shunning eidos and avalanche and making sure others dont make the same mistake i did.

Mrmeeph
29th Jun 2010, 15:27
personally its a great game but if the issues arent addressed by the end of july, im gonna find myself playing a new game and shunning eidos and avalanche and making sure others dont make the same mistake i did. Haha you realize that the patch is coming out in the next week or so? I know, it should have come out earlier, but the point is that its coming soon. For real this time

EsotericOne
29th Jun 2010, 16:49
Haha you realize that the patch is coming out in the next week or so? I know, it should have come out earlier, but the point is that its coming soon. For real this time

ill believe it when i see it ;)

NoReally
30th Jun 2010, 07:11
Ill buy two copies of Just Cause 2 and pay 100 bucks each if Just Cause 2 gets multiplayer and so will a bunch of people. Nothing will rival it.

It's about time the community stops turning up its nose at the idea of multiplayer. Last time I was here I got flamed to hell.

The company effed up bad not putting in multi.

Zenro
30th Jun 2010, 22:39
They didn't put in multi because since modern warfare 2,bad company 2, and god of war 3 all came out around the same time as just cause 2 they had to rush it because they thought they would loose money. Red dead redemption almost did the same thing but then they remembered that they are rockstar and their games will be bought anyway.

JayHaloBeast
1st Jul 2010, 00:47
Ill buy two copies of Just Cause 2 and pay 100 bucks each if Just Cause 2 gets multiplayer and so will a bunch of people. Nothing will rival it.

It's about time the community stops turning up its nose at the idea of multiplayer. Last time I was here I got flamed to hell.

The company effed up bad not putting in multi.

Dude, I love you.
Also, the developers do still care about Just Cause 2, but you do have to realise they have made other games and they're making other games, DLC's and patches. So stop crying and thinking that they've given up on it. You're just a little bit too impatient.

Cheesepuff
1st Jul 2010, 03:33
Guys we have to keep this thread alive for a very long time that way the devs will have to give in to our demands sooner or later right?

Just imagine how epic it would be to be the leader of a squadron of 10 S1-47 leapards flying in formation to go attack a base. Am I right?

Mrmeeph
1st Jul 2010, 18:14
Guys we have to keep this thread alive for a very long time that way the devs will have to give in to our demands sooner or later right?

Just imagine how epic it would be to be the leader of a squadron of 10 S1-47 leapards flying in formation to go attack a base. Am I right? This guys gets the Idea! :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

Darth Eclipse
1st Jul 2010, 21:15
Has Eidos said anything about the possibility of a MP mode in JC2?

Zenro
2nd Jul 2010, 01:19

Just imagine how epic it would be to be the leader of a squadron of 10 S1-47 leapards flying in formation to go attack a base. Am I right?

Even better if we had bombers too. :mad2:

Mrmeeph
2nd Jul 2010, 15:15
Has Eidos said anything about the possibility of a MP mode in JC2? No. :( But who knows, maybe I'll be in the patch. :o Yeah... never mind....

Mrmeeph
2nd Jul 2010, 15:17
Even better if we had bombers too. :mad2: This guy gets it even MORE. :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

Cheesepuff
2nd Jul 2010, 20:27
Even better if we had bombers too. :mad2:

YES!! but even better flying in a fighter bomber formation. :mad2::mad2:

Zenro
3rd Jul 2010, 09:03
YES!! but even better flying in a fighter bomber formation. :mad2::mad2:

Pure Godliness!!! :cool:

NoReally
4th Jul 2010, 15:11
Dude, I love you.
Also, the developers do still care about Just Cause 2, but you do have to realise they have made other games and they're making other games, DLC's and patches. So stop crying and thinking that they've given up on it. You're just a little bit too impatient.

Bra, I just can't believe they put all the effort into making an incredible game, but then they completely forget to add in what is essential for a premium modern console game. That is multiplayer.

Single player only lasts so long. It's as if they created a huge 1000 square kilometer playground but only allow one person on at a time. What a waste!

Hey, I'm not hating. I rented it. Many more people would have bought it if it would have had multi. Just look at game sales statistics.

aliasz
4th Jul 2010, 16:24
very cool, :thumb:and very sh#ty if only for the PC.:mad2:

oh well cant win them all.:nut:

DeHuntsman
4th Jul 2010, 22:46
If they don't do multi-player i'd be just as happy with split-screen

Cheesepuff
4th Jul 2010, 23:24

YES this guy is god!!!!!!! :D

ElSock
5th Jul 2010, 00:51
Bra, I just can't believe they put all the effort into making an incredible game, but then they completely forget to add in what is essential for a premium modern console game. That is multiplayer.

Single player only lasts so long. It's as if they created a huge 1000 square kilometer playground but only allow one person on at a time. What a waste!

Hey, I'm not hating. I rented it. Many more people would have bought it if it would have had multi. Just look at game sales statistics.

It sounds like your trying to be a gangster/jock/*****/****er/surfer***** when you say Bra.
Just saying.

But I actually do want MP. I might end up returning JC2 and BC2 for RDR later this week... Cause right now it's losing its fun. Or I'll preorder Assassins Creed Brotherhood

NoReally
5th Jul 2010, 02:46
It sounds like your trying to be a gangster/jock/*****/****er/surfer***** when you say Bra.
Just saying.

Why are you being prejudiced against me, sir?

Darth Eclipse
5th Jul 2010, 13:12

I would actually prefer a split-screen mode.

No0dleZ032
5th Jul 2010, 13:52
To the guy who made the thread: Excellent idea with everything! But one question: Should we be able to hijack other players vehicles? That would be pretty irritating i think... ;)

RunningBare
5th Jul 2010, 15:06
Keep this thread alive as long as you want, it does not matter, Eidos/Avalanche already made it clear there will be no MP for JC2, now if I was an MP fan I'd be over the moon cause I got the pc version :cool:

Sonnyjimba
5th Jul 2010, 17:18
Keep this thread alive as long as you want, it does not matter, Eidos/Avalanche already made it clear there will be no MP for JC2, now if I was an MP fan I'd be over the moon cause I got the pc version :cool:

This.

NoReally
8th Jul 2010, 19:20
There is no multiplayer and never will be. I can't figure out why they turn their nose up to such a huge market share, but they do.

Dynasty99
8th Jul 2010, 20:25
Dogfights would be cool but that would only work with heat seeking missles so you can lock on to targets, otherwise you'll never shot down anyone. Everything else would be cool though, I just hope they add multi-player sooner rather than later.

Terma8r
9th Jul 2010, 00:34
At least Pandemic put coop in Mercs 2 :)
Mercs 2 was an ALRIGHT game, may flaws and glitches, BUT the one thing that made that game enjoyable, was the fact they let you blow stuff up with a friend!!!!!
i wanna do crazy stuff with a friend in Just Cause 2!!!!!!!!!
*Chanting* MULTIPLAYER*Chanting*

Driber
13th Jul 2010, 21:10
Because new threads about this keep on coming, I'm making this one the official multiplayer thread.

Please refer to this thread if more new ones pop up and report them.

DeHuntsman
13th Jul 2010, 22:05
^ yay =)

inferno350z
13th Jul 2010, 23:22
Their already making multiplayer, it will cost $50 dollars and a computer though...
and its not made by the devs, but its made by people who made sa-mp, so even better i think they know what their doing and spending the money on the computer version is worth it, cause thats what i did.

silverlight76
14th Jul 2010, 02:39
I havent played the game in a while, but i though the patch came for a while ago :/

I dont think multiplayer will come for jc2, as not even the patch has come out yet, then how could they take there time on a multiplayer mode?

Drumatic87
14th Jul 2010, 08:02
Gosh i hope theres a multipayer patch!!! that would be freakin Epic!!

Dynasty99
14th Jul 2010, 13:08
We can only pray, and hope that the devs hear our prayers. All we ask for is a multi-player patch, it's not much, is it??? Hope you guys are listening.....:thumb:

Driber
14th Jul 2010, 13:21
it's not much, is it???

:lol:

Dynasty99
14th Jul 2010, 14:43
:lol:

Well you guys created the game, didn't you. Multi-player compare to the whole picture, it's nothing. That's what I meant. And don't say "if it's so easy, you do it" cause I'm not the dev here lol. Just a thought though. :whistle:

Driber
14th Jul 2010, 14:53
...cause I'm not the dev here lol

Me neither ;)

Dynasty99
14th Jul 2010, 15:16
Me neither ;)

Well that shut me up lol. :lmao:

Mrmeeph
14th Jul 2010, 16:11
Woah! Thanks Driber I just noticed today! Lets hope we can get more suggestions from the forums now.

Religous Teen7
27th Jul 2010, 11:14
Maybe there could be Free-Roam, Death Match, Team Death Match, FFA and so on... Maybe even a new game-type called Chaotic Countdown or Chaotic Rush... (Objective: Who ever causes the most Chaos before time runs out wins... There could be a Free-For-All and Team Death Match Version... :D)

Dynasty99
27th Jul 2010, 15:17
Maybe there could be Free-Roam, Death Match, Team Death Match, FFA and so on... Maybe even a new game-type called Chaotic Countdown or Chaotic Rush... (Objective: Who ever causes the most Chaos before time runs out wins... There could be a Free-For-All and Team Death Match Version... :D)

Pretty much like GTA IV, that would be really cool.

Price_RUS_GER
27th Jul 2010, 16:10
For me is enough a freeroom co-op play with my friends with all features from singleplayer,that is build on a host system like COD:MW2.

Religous Teen7
31st Jul 2010, 11:30
For me is enough a freeroom co-op play with my friends with all features from singleplayer,that is build on a host system like COD:MW2.

What do you mean "That is build on a host system like COD:MW2"? MW2 doesn't have much of a host system... Maybe one more like Call of Duty 3... That one had more of a public hosting server...

Madman340
8th Aug 2010, 23:36
HOW HAVE THEY NOT DECIDED TO MAKE AN ADD-ON FOR MULTIPLAYER? All I want to do is run co-op with a buddy, and I've played the demo but haven't bought it. Both me and my friend would, without a doubt, buy it if they just had some friggin multiplayer! It's like Eidos doesn't want 3x as much profit from this game or something.

ElSock
9th Aug 2010, 04:19
****in yes

toucan
11th Aug 2010, 13:31
I would pay for another copy of jc2 if there was multiplayer. But how in this world will we get the devs to do it? Whats in it for them? 4x Split screen would also be good. Invite some pals round we could drive round in a convy of trucks causing 4X as much chaos as normal!

gregorian
12th Aug 2010, 03:21
I have this image of a Helicopter battle between Scorpios, but it isn't limited to simply shooting at each other. Grappling and stunt surfing are legit and encouraged.

You all start in a flying aircraft, but it doesn't matter if that aircraft is destroyed. You are out of the game if you get killed (obviously), or you touch the ground.

You can be grappling between choppers, you can be floating about on a chute. You can be surfing on top of a plane, or dangling under a chopper. Whatever works.

When it comes to a "drag the pilot out of his seat" moment, both sides are presented with the 3 button combo, and the one who does it the fastest gets the chopper. The loser is thrown out, and has to think fast to open his chute and try and grapple back.

rinmach
12th Aug 2010, 03:47
I have this image of a Helicopter battle between Scorpios, but it isn't limited to simply shooting at each other. Grappling and stunt surfing are legit and encouraged.

You all start in a flying aircraft, but it doesn't matter if that aircraft is destroyed. You are out of the game if you get killed (obviously), or you touch the ground.

You can be grappling between choppers, you can be floating about on a chute. You can be surfing on top of a plane, or dangling under a chopper. Whatever works.

When it comes to a "drag the pilot out of his seat" moment, both sides are presented with the 3 button combo, and the one who does it the fastest gets the chopper. The loser is thrown out, and has to think fast to open his chute and try and grapple back.

Question: What if you're grappled to the bottom of a chopper and another Rico hits you with his grapple? :cool:

gregorian
12th Aug 2010, 04:36
Fair question.
Okay, the Rules.

If you manage to hit your grapple on a dangling player, you get to pull them off. They fall, and then you need a second shot to grapple to the chopper.
If your grapple hits the chopper and there are two of you dangling, you go at it with your guns.
If you both have done the swing-up to the front of the chopper, it's a 3 button battle, the loser falling. (or could this also be done with guns?)

If you are a third person hitting the chopper, sorry, you can't connect. A 2 Dangler limit.

How's that?

toucan
12th Aug 2010, 10:19
if there are going to be factions the grapple feature should not come into the mp. Imagine and endless stream of grapple vehicle, get vehicle, get grappled, other person gets vehicle, grapple vehicle get vehcile. And a ular boy with grapple? Or a roach or reaper with grapple? maybe a parachute for everyone but grapple would ruin the mp.

toucan
12th Aug 2010, 11:05
Wow imagine free-roam death match. THAT would be scary. The whole of panau to explore with a catch. Drivng your little qadbike down the highway looking for a petrol station to blow up. You get there and it explodes before you get to shoot at it. Then a tank drives out from behind the rubble of the petrol station. You tremble with fear as the barrel of the tank moves round to fire at you. BOOM! but you dont die. A leopard has appeared out of the sky and has fired missiles at the tank. It's coming around to finish you off with its miniguns, in desperation you drive your quadbike away, but a hail of fire from the sky causes your tyres to blow out and you skid uncontrollably off a cliff, into the sea. The leopard loses track of you. You spot an armoured boat being driven , he's spottted you. You dive, but the driver of the boat decides to follow you and dives in too. As you are on low health, you decide you dont stand a chance in a square fight. You swim up to steal the boat, but the leaopard is back to hunt you down. You climb into the boat's minigun, aim into the sky, firing blindly. The leopard fires what seems like hundreds of missiles, all hitting the boat and surrounding water. The boat explodes. You die. But when you respawn, you are paked next to a bering jet. You know it has no weaponry, but you have a plan. You still know the location of the leopard. You hunt it down, he doesn't know you are flying right behind him. you jump onto the berings wings, then on top of the leopard. You cannot hijack it, in the muktiplayer you cannot hijack vehicles that others are in, otherwise tanks, boats, fighters would be pointless. But you can destroy. You pull out your Assault rifle and fire a whole 2 clips onto the jet. The jet is smoking, the pilot jumps out, you jump in. You see where he has touched down with his parachute, you fire the leopard's guns at him, eject. The now flaming leopard flys right into his head. You've had your revenge. You decide you are bored of deathmatch. Why not play team death match. You spawn amongst a huge convoy of red reaper trucks., on the roof. Through chat, you are told that they are heading for a ular boy sronghold, which the ular boys know you are tring to invade. They have got into thier positions and have fighter jets and choppers overhead thier base. The convoy approaches. You watch in awe as some fighter jets from yyour team roar over head, heading straight for the enemy's fighters cricling the stronghold. As you appoch, there is so much gunfire you can hardly see what you are doing. Your convoy drives right past the first wave of ulars. Overhead, A massive dogfight takes place. The reaper vehicle in front gets a bust tyre and spins of the cliff, flaming. There goes two of your team mates. But still 16 to go! You have an epic battle nside the stronghold, vehciles explode rocets fly everywhere. Occasionally a jet from overhead gets shot down and comes crashing into some thing. A chopper from your team comes but takes an enemy rocket. The pilot jumps out and parachutes to the ground. The unmanned, smoking chopper spins uncontrolably and hits an enemy armoured truck. Suddenly you spot a second wave of friendly trucks and choppers driving and flying up the twisty road up to the mountain base. The enemy is pushed back, with no vehicles remaining, most decide to flea, jumping off the cliffs and mountain side only to find themselves intercepted by you own choppers' rockets. The brave enemies that remain are cut to peices from you own guns and explosives. It is surely a reapers victory. But then, you spot about 20 choppers heading towards the base, attack copters and some transport choppers carring tanks dangling off grapple wires. And from the oposite direction, reaspawned ular fighters and choppers approaching fast. But worst of all, what seems like millions of agency armour roaring up the twisty mountain road. Oh yes. An epic 4-way battle is about to begin...
LOL that was my little fantasy of a multiplayer. Hope you enjoyed it!

rinmach
12th Aug 2010, 17:36
Wow imagine free-roam death match. THAT would be scary. The whole of panau to explore with a catch. Drivng your little qadbike down the highway looking for a petrol station to blow up. You get there and it explodes before you get to shoot at it. Then a tank drives out from behind the rubble of the petrol station. You tremble with fear as the barrel of the tank moves round to fire at you. BOOM! but you dont die. A leopard has appeared out of the sky and has fired missiles at the tank. It's coming around to finish you off with its miniguns, in desperation you drive your quadbike away, but a hail of fire from the sky causes your tyres to blow out and you skid uncontrollably off a cliff, into the sea. The leopard loses track of you. You spot an armoured boat being driven , he's spottted you. You dive, but the driver of the boat decides to follow you and dives in too. As you are on low health, you decide you dont stand a chance in a square fight. You swim up to steal the boat, but the leaopard is back to hunt you down. You climb into the boat's minigun, aim into the sky, firing blindly. The leopard fires what seems like hundreds of missiles, all hitting the boat and surrounding water. The boat explodes. You die. But when you respawn, you are paked next to a bering jet. You know it has no weaponry, but you have a plan. You still know the location of the leopard. You hunt it down, he doesn't know you are flying right behind him. you jump onto the berings wings, then on top of the leopard. You cannot hijack it, in the muktiplayer you cannot hijack vehicles that others are in, otherwise tanks, boats, fighters would be pointless. But you can destroy. You pull out your Assault rifle and fire a whole 2 clips onto the jet. The jet is smoking, the pilot jumps out, you jump in. You see where he has touched down with his parachute, you fire the leopard's guns at him, eject. The now flaming leopard flys right into his head. You've had your revenge. You decide you are bored of deathmatch. Why not play team death match. You spawn amongst a huge convoy of red reaper trucks., on the roof. Through chat, you are told that they are heading for a ular boy sronghold, which the ular boys know you are tring to invade. They have got into thier positions and have fighter jets and choppers overhead thier base. The convoy approaches. You watch in awe as some fighter jets from yyour team roar over head, heading straight for the enemy's fighters cricling the stronghold. As you appoch, there is so much gunfire you can hardly see what you are doing. Your convoy drives right past the first wave of ulars. Overhead, A massive dogfight takes place. The reaper vehicle in front gets a bust tyre and spins of the cliff, flaming. There goes two of your team mates. But still 16 to go! You have an epic battle nside the stronghold, vehciles explode rocets fly everywhere. Occasionally a jet from overhead gets shot down and comes crashing into some thing. A chopper from your team comes but takes an enemy rocket. The pilot jumps out and parachutes to the ground. The unmanned, smoking chopper spins uncontrolably and hits an enemy armoured truck. Suddenly you spot a second wave of friendly trucks and choppers driving and flying up the twisty road up to the mountain base. The enemy is pushed back, with no vehicles remaining, most decide to flea, jumping off the cliffs and mountain side only to find themselves intercepted by you own choppers' rockets. The brave enemies that remain are cut to peices from you own guns and explosives. It is surely a reapers victory. But then, you spot about 20 choppers heading towards the base, attack copters and some transport choppers carring tanks dangling off grapple wires. And from the oposite direction, reaspawned ular fighters and choppers approaching fast. But worst of all, what seems like millions of agency armour roaring up the twisty mountain road. Oh yes. An epic 4-way battle is about to begin...

And then the engine overloads and the game crashes. :p

alphanox
12th Aug 2010, 18:47
has anyone ever played burnout paradise?
its a childish game but the multiplayer online system is pretty much exactly
what youve suggested here
you pick different paint jobs to make yourself look individual much like your idea
the gametypes are very similar-
stunt run- score points for performing stunts
road rage- destroy the other drivers
marked man- much like the 'precious cargo' gametype or whatever it was. all on 1.you have to either race to a certain point without being destroyed by the other players. but you can play it much like 'titan'. your are in two teams but only on person is the titan. you can defend your teammember or attack if the marked man is on the opposing team. whoever is the marked man at the end is the winner
there are obviously races too
there are civilians. they cant walk around or things like that but they drive in a mild manner around the streets.
the map- it isnt as big as just cause 2s but its certainly not small
this all just proves that it is possible and it can be done

Jai
12th Aug 2010, 18:57
I been getting rather bored of JC2..
Thats why im not on here as much as i used to be.. Multiplayer would get me playing again :)

ElSock
13th Aug 2010, 19:41
has anyone ever played burnout paradise?
its a childish game but the multiplayer online system is pretty much exactly
what youve suggested here
you pick different paint jobs to make yourself look individual much like your idea
the gametypes are very similar-
stunt run- score points for performing stunts
road rage- destroy the other drivers
marked man- much like the 'precious cargo' gametype or whatever it was. all on 1.you have to either race to a certain point without being destroyed by the other players. but you can play it much like 'titan'. your are in two teams but only on person is the titan. you can defend your teammember or attack if the marked man is on the opposing team. whoever is the marked man at the end is the winner
there are obviously races too
there are civilians. they cant walk around or things like that but they drive in a mild manner around the streets.
the map- it isnt as big as just cause 2s but its certainly not small
this all just proves that it is possible and it can be done

No **** its possible. The devs aren't going to add on a MP mode. Its a JC3 idea. Which is possible with an upgraded engine (they could now, but of course it would look cooler in a better engine)

Zenro
14th Aug 2010, 16:51
<<very long text>>

Cool Story. Sounds like an epic battle in MW2 that went wrong on FFA. Lol

gregorian
15th Aug 2010, 03:51
CTF would work just fine.
All you need is for the guy with flag to have his grapple and ability to drive disabled.
He can still be a passenger. Still stunt surf. And then team mates have to co-operate to transport him home.

Similar to Classic and Unreal Tournament CTF

ElSock
15th Aug 2010, 05:57
If there isn't MP in JC3 I will have trouble buying it. I know, I know, I sound like 1 N33DZ MULT1PLA3R B4DZLY!!!!!!11!!!!!111!23!!!!69!!!!!1!

But its just I could really use MP to extend the life of my game.

xI Jakk Ix
25th Aug 2010, 10:03
Multiplayer is a whole new game. Games like this need it. It's one of the main things that kept GTA IV alive as well as being a extremely good game.

k1llabeastie
25th Aug 2010, 21:16
Yeah, i had some great fun online on GTA ;)

CloudWolf
23rd Sep 2010, 17:33
Gta IV online i still play today (on PS3), it is so addictive and would REALLY add to JC3, I am nearly 100% positive that JC3 will feature MP in some form.

LilPres
25th Sep 2010, 00:57
Are the devs and mods being totally silent about this still or what? Has anyone seen any comments from them on this issue? I for one doubt they will make a multilayer, very seriously doubt it as a matter of fact. But why would they keep up peoples hopes? Id like to know officially if it will or will not happen. I am sure they wont make a multilayer that would be a ridiculous project, and it seemed like they were having problems making a patch alone. I dont mean to ruin spirits but its about time a dev or mod relied saying yes this will, or no this wont happen, or even if there is a chance this will happen. Or even to say Hello! Just would be nice to have them comment on this very good idea.

Driber
25th Sep 2010, 16:38
Are the devs and mods being totally silent about this still or what?

What exactly do you want us to say?

But why would they keep up peoples hopes?

I think you're doing that just by yourself. I've read nothing that would indicate that there will or might be MP for JC2.

I am sure they wont make a multilayer that would be a ridiculous project

If you know this, then why do you still keep your hopes up :scratch:

Or even to say Hello!

Hello :wave:

BOneFIshzz
25th Sep 2010, 20:26
If there isn't MP in JC3 I will have trouble buying it. I know, I know, I sound like 1 N33DZ MULT1PLA3R B4DZLY!!!!!!11!!!!!111!23!!!!69!!!!!1!

But its just I could really use MP to extend the life of my game.

Agree.

LilPres
26th Sep 2010, 05:29
What exactly do you want us to say?

I think you're doing that just by yourself. I've read nothing that would indicate that there will or might be MP for JC2.

If you know this, then why do you still keep your hopes up :scratch:

Hello :wave:

Nice. Im satisfied! :D

Oh and all i wanted to know if there even is a chance for that happening.

jiggablue72
10th Nov 2010, 03:29
I am new to this Forum and if this has already been posted i am sorry. but i have been playing just cause 2 for awhile now along with my friend. he is at his house and i am at mine.

I really wish that they would develop some type of co -op free roam game format

i would play it everyday

LilPres
10th Nov 2010, 03:45
There is no multiplayer yet for this game, whether they are working on it or not.. nobody knows. Expect an angry mod within a few hours to close this forum because im pretty sure there already is a multiplayer forum :P

brent21holmes
10th Nov 2010, 04:06
If this game would have a multiplayer it would be the best of its kind.
I'd love to see this game online someday.

LilPres
10th Nov 2010, 04:19
Yea brent you speak for everyone im sure when you say that. The fact is (According to one of the Vlogs) The physics in JC2 are so complex that making multiplayer is a major headache.

Kam Solastor
23rd Nov 2010, 20:45
(Please understand: The JC2-MP mod does NOT at this time work, and it is unknown when or even if it will. I just wanted to bring this to peoples attention and see what, if anything, will be done for the JC2 players who do NOT play it on the PC)
I have a question for the devs:

Assuming the Just Cause 2 Multiplayer Mod comes through and it made completely and is implemented by Steam for the PC users, what happens to us console players (PS3, Xbox 360)? Do we get left out in the dark, again because we didn't buy a PC with suitable hardware for the game? I really don't see why console users are consistently left out in huge developments like the MP mod. Think about it, devs: Being able to add the word 'cooperative' to the games features? You guys would sell a ton of games the first week it was announced! Hell, I'd personally even pay for an add-on like that (although making it free would certainly add to it's appeal, and make a lot of people happy).

If you guys are thinking ''Oh, well, we can't just add a new game mode like that...'', well they did it with the PC game code, it's still the same game, and all the game consoles are, technically, is specialized computers. Hell, Crackdown 2 added three entirely new game modes since it was released (yes I know it has different code, and it's a different kind of game, and I realize it was based with co-op in mind, but still!).

I just don't get why us console players keep getting left out in the dark for HUGE things like this that people other than the devs do. Do you guys hate us for not buying a new graphics card every few years, or completely updating our system every time it becomes 'obsolete' by version 1.00.00.02? I'd love to hear that you guys would work to add the mod as a DLC item, even if it cost us, say, $10, but I feel like we're being abandoned again because a great idea was simply made by someone else, and using a PC instead of a console.

PLEASE devs, tell me I'm wrong, that you will work to make it available on consoles? Please?

JoylessTuna
23rd Nov 2010, 23:35
Umm, the mod(which isnt even going to get finished imo) is NOT supported by the devs, so has nothing to do with the console users. If u want to do whatever you want to a game, u get a PC. If u want to play a game as it is designed, u get a console. Your loss.

DeHuntsman
24th Nov 2010, 23:38
I don't think requests on the forms here actually get to the devs... I'm not sure though. Thought i read sumtin somewere that these forms were just for discussion, i may be wrong though so don't hold me to anything *scratches head with puzzled look on face* Also to post above this he didn't say that it was made by the devs... ya... anyway for all we know they're working on it and we just don't know. I prefer to sit back and watch on matters like this =)

Enzoforce
26th Nov 2010, 22:00
*facepalm*

By steam?

Steam has nothing to do with this.

Kam Solastor
27th Nov 2010, 16:20
Meh, I'm just hoping that if the PC version of the game gets co-op, why not all the versions of the game. (Or, of course, we wait for JC3 to come out.... but who wants to wait? o.o)

PoorBison
28th Nov 2010, 00:01
Meh, I'm just hoping that if the PC version of the game gets co-op, why not all the versions of the game. (Or, of course, we wait for JC3 to come out.... but who wants to wait? o.o)As has been said, the JC2-MP Mod is a fan-made mod.

Short of forcing people to mod their consoles and burn illegal modded copies of the game, nothing can be done for the console gamers.

Buy a PC for games. They are awesome. Then just jook up it to your HDTV and you wont even know the difference.

Cameron3472
2nd Dec 2010, 04:32
i really love just cause 2. i play the demo with my friends alll the time!!! i would love to be able to do split screen at least. just add that, and i will go out and buy the game. that was the only feature that this game was lacking.

as for just cause 3- first of all i really hope that they make a 3rd one. also i hope they realize the extensive amount of people who wand mp and satisfy the community in some way whether it be split screen or online.

HAVE THE CONFIRMED JUST CAUSE 3 YET???

Kam Solastor
3rd Dec 2010, 21:47
I actually did use a pc for gaming for a few years, but I was tired of always having to upgrade the graphics card every few years for the newest games, so I switched to an Xbox 360. Eh, well, hopefully they'll just put multiplayer coop play into JC3.

sackruler905
13th Jan 2011, 19:22
Basically, we all pretty much go on about online. If you check out the media section on the Just Cause 2 Website, you'll see a podcast called 'ODDS AND MODS' showing all the good mods for JC2. It shows an unfinished online multiplayer mod, with the creators hanging out in vehicles

NOTE
(No combat is seen, so it may be something the guys are working on, so they haven't published it. Also, they are never out of the vehicles, so the physics might not work properly)
Anyway. A lot of us want online. But I came up of an amazing idea today when me and my friends were talking about how cool multiplayer would be.

I present to you (Even though there's an extremely high chance of this not coming out):
The Revolutionary Madness Pack!

Basically, it kicks off right where the story ends. Each faction wants to control the Island on their own without the other faction. This is a 3 way civil war. When you start off, your just a normal civilian walking round with a pistol. Then, you get to make a choice of which clan you want to join. Either the Reapers, the Roaches or the Ular Boys.

Once your in one there is a whole island you have to take over. You go to the bases and destroy and rebuild objects such as fuel depots. When all items are built to your clan, the bases it yours and it's an available spawn point. When you die, you pick a base to spawn at. If your clan has no bases, they can spawn at the bases main HQ (They can spawn at the main HQ at anytime) When the base is took over you can build on it. But before I can explain that, I have to tell you something else. If the main Base is taken over, then missiles can be fired at all rival bases within the zone, and the members of your clan can go repair them, before the enemies do.

There will be a ranking system sort of like the Call of Duty one, with levels, then 3 Ranks, like prestiges.
RANK 1
On the first Rank/prestige thing you start of as a lower troop (The ones who don't look as tough) when you get to the end of the levels, you become Rank 2. Unlike the CoD system, you don't have a choice, and you automatically change when you get a new rank.
RANK 2
On rank 2, you look like the better looking troops. You now get the option to drive in cars that are coloured in your factions style. You also get to colour the weapons in the factions colour to.
RANK 3 (Final Rank)
In Rank 3, you can design your guy with 100s of clothes, but in the colour theme of your clan. Some items do not have to be coloured to your faction, such as Gillie Suits. You also get to put camo on guns of any style/ colour, except the ones similar to your enemies colour. You can also fully customise the camo's of vehicles.

Ok, now I explained that, I can return to the base thing. You know when your hacking a Pipeline, or a fuel shaft and there is a console type thing? Well, in the bases, there should be one of them, but with vehicles on. You buy vehicles that are on it, and if your rank 3 you get the vehicles for free, and buy new ones to put on there. Also, at Rank 3 you should be able to buy more objects for bases like SAM Sites, Mounted Guns, Sniper Towers and Flak Cannons.

Also, new unmarked territories should be made. Such as the lost island, the Island with RPG ammo and boats on it, the mansions etc.

For a joke, they should make the bubble blaster zone into a territory, lol

On your PDA, it should show percentages of bases owned by each faction in each area. If you zoom out all the way, it will show full stats, like faction kills and deaths, bases owned at the moment, highest total of bases owned and a heat map. The user with the most kills and chaos caused each week in each faction gets a reward package. It gives them a lot of XP, and allows them to upgraded all weapons by one star.

Also, I think the Panaun Government should still be around, owning all land, until it is taken off them by a clan.

That's mostly everything I can think off. Please write anything else down below. I'm gonna send this in an email to Eidos. Thanks for reading.

Maximum Payne
15th Jan 2011, 10:05
Can u PLEASE put out a DLC for multiplayer. I think the game would be much funner if i was running around with my friends causing chaos. I also think this will boost sales for this game enormously because i would prefer to play on this with friends instead of GTA.
Thank you, and i hope you consider this idea.:D

Backnowledgement
16th Jan 2011, 03:36
Basically, we all pretty much go on about online...
..That's mostly everything I can think off. Please write anything else down below. I'm gonna send this in an email to Eidos. Thanks for reading.

RIGHT!!!!!!! I AM OFFICIALLY ANNOYED WITH ONLINE MODS. I WANT MY OWN VOICE, AND NOT TO GET MOVED TO ANOTHER PAGE. THIS IS STUPID. ALL GAME FORUMS I HAVE BEEN ON EXCEPT ONE SMALL SITE, THE MODS HAVE ANNOYED ME.

Right!! :thumb: They take annoyance as part of the job. Totally know how you feel man, and these tough guys called 'super' mods are so much not limited to a game forum, they are everywhere, showing off, pretending to be guardians of the rightful and better. Seeing how your other thread got closed by a 'super' moderator, I had no other choice but to post here, Whatever you posted in the wrong place, it doesn't matter. This reply is and was my absolute single reason for registering. To tell you that I and others know what pieces Poor Bison and @m are made of. Poor Bison, because he obviously is too proud to read the really interesting stuff and 'got stuck' with big red letter that offended his narrow mind, and actually still posting. @m, because he closed the thread and complain over what your contributing, that he wants to decide what is 'needed' while you should decide so, it's not his 'job' as a moderator to decide for you. Not ten god posts make up for that lousy move. My best advice is that they might be able to mute you here, but you can roam freely some elsewhere. Free speech at a distance, you just gotta yell louder.

MP is time consuming, so can't comment on your ideas, other than, they sound really cool and interesting, peeople should take the time to read your ideas thorough because they're worth it. As for the big red letters, that's more interesting and really is food for thought for many. The 'super' mods and wanna-be's should think about the count of ppl outthere who knows jante law is mutual and for all.

They can delete posts, threads, and users, move, push and pull, but they can't change our minds. Just Cause is an awesome game. For the two persons that replied you anyway, I'll save the 4 letter words for IRL speech and play this tune :whistle:

..godspeed sackruler, may your ideas come true.

Backnowledgement

Driber
16th Jan 2011, 08:15
thread closed pending review of posts...

Driber
16th Jan 2011, 09:22
Thread open again.

@ sackruler905 and Backnowledgement,

Wow, I think it's time you two go play outside in the snow for a while to cool off.

I'm sorry that you feel you are "not being heard", but moving posts to keep the place tidy is just what moderators on online forums do. I read from your text that you've had problems with many other moderators on different forums. That only leaves me to conclude that you generally dislike how forums work and that you demand your own rules to be applied on someone else's forum.

If you can't play by the rules, then I suggest you start your own forum and stop posting on this one.

FYI, I was the one who moved your original post into this thread and did so like with so many other posts before you. And when you then re-posted your thread, you broke our forum rules, but obviously you didn't care about that and just wanted your little rant.

Well I'm sorry to inform you that this forum is not a place to exercise your right to free speech. We have our rules and you agreed to them upon registering.

As for my colleague @m, he did exactly what is expected of all moderators; to uphold our rules and close your aggressive thread.

And as for your obvious jab at Poor Bison and calling him a wanna-be mod; he has been a valued member of our community for a long time and outlined exactly what was the problem with the thread.

Instead of the decision to go on the offense and join into the fight against our rules, following PB's advice to play nice would've been much better because then those ideas, where obviously a good deal of time has gone into, might've been helpful to the community, but now you are both banned for 1 week for arguing about the rules on the public forum, which is against our TOU. Take this temp ban as your one and only warning to play by the rules.

Just a reminder: being temp banned doesn't allow you to register a new account in the meantime. Doing so will result in an instant permanent ban.

This matter is now closed as the public forum is concerned. I am always open to (civilized) discussions via PM about forum rules and policies, but if I see more posts here arguing about this matter in public, they will be instantly removed.

Now, play nice :-)

nikitavondel
18th Jan 2011, 13:05
is there a LAN mod for just cause 2:confused:
because i want to play the game with my friends.:D

thanks for your reactions

rubikub
19th Jan 2011, 06:12
no there is non some ppl where making it but they put it on hold cause the psyshics where to complex so there prob be never an mp :(
and i dot think the original devs/publisher of JC2 knows if they make an mp the game would sel again i have 3 friends wo wanne buy JC2 when there is an mp i even want to buy it on the ps3 to just 2 play with my friend but there wil prob be no mp

Dark_Amber
20th Jan 2011, 21:21
Thread open again.

@ sackruler905 and Backnowledgement,

Wow, I think it's time you two go play outside in the snow for a while to cool off.

I'm sorry that you feel you are "not being heard", but moving posts to keep the place tidy is just what moderators on online forums do. I read from your text that you've had problems with many other moderators on different forums. That only leaves me to conclude that you generally dislike how forums work and that you demand your own rules to be applied on someone else's forum.

If you can't play by the rules, then I suggest you start your own forum and stop posting on this one.

FYI, I was the one who moved your original post into this thread and did so like with so many other posts before you. And when you then re-posted your thread, you broke our forum rules, but obviously you didn't care about that and just wanted your little rant.

Well I'm sorry to inform you that this forum is not a place to exercise your right to free speech. We have our rules and you agreed to them upon registering.

As for my colleague @m, he did exactly what is expected of all moderators; to uphold our rules and close your aggressive thread.

And as for your obvious jab at Poor Bison and calling him a wanna-be mod; he has been a valued member of our community for a long time and outlined exactly what was the problem with the thread.

Instead of the decision to go on the offense and join into the fight against our rules, following PB's advice to play nice would've been much better because then those ideas, where obviously a good deal of time has gone into, might've been helpful to the community, but now you are both banned for 1 week for arguing about the rules on the public forum, which is against our TOU. Take this temp ban as your one and only warning to play by the rules.

Just a reminder: being temp banned doesn't allow you to register a new account in the meantime. Doing so will result in an instant permanent ban.

This matter is now closed as the public forum is concerned. I am always open to (civilized) discussions via PM about forum rules and policies, but if I see more posts here arguing about this matter in public, they will be instantly removed.

Now, play nice :-)

Love they way you pwnd them so casually :)

Lucmad
24th Jan 2011, 01:34
I am very happy that someone take this one ! You want see whats going on?

http://www.jc2mp.net/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=4

Multiplayer coming soon !

Dark_Amber
27th Jan 2011, 19:24
These "posse" members can only spawn on people in the same posse. They also can decide as a group to turn on friendly fire. Like Battlefield games, you can only chat with your posse, but you can choose to go to community chat with everyone. Each group would be named as: Agency, Reapers, Ular Boys, Roaches, or Panau Military.

Lol RDR, mucho? :P lol but yeah, it worked quite well for RDR, so why not here ;)

anfcaterham
28th Jan 2011, 16:26
Im flying along in my peek airhawk chased by two leapords:your getting shot in the wings and you go spyralling down into a rainforest but your not down yet you know your best hope is to stay low, but they spot you! you fly up smoke pouring out the back of your plane your factions base is less than a kilometer away, you know you can make it. you see a friendly helicopter just ahead. Youre saved! but the leapords spot it and it goes up in flames and drops out of the sky.... the base is in sight your teammate is dead. you do a back roll in your plane jump out and deploy your parachute. your plane hits a leapord and blows them bouth up. then you grapple onto the other plane adn hijack it. you watch the pilot drop through the sky and land at your base two friendly planes fly out your job is done!
Just Cause 3 multiplayer:lmao:

Dark_Amber
29th Jan 2011, 23:05
Im flying along in my peek airhawk chased by two leapords:your getting shot in the wings and you go spyralling down into a rainforest but your not down yet you know your best hope is to stay low, but they spot you! you fly up smoke pouring out the back of your plane your factions base is less than a kilometer away, you know you can make it. you see a friendly helicopter just ahead. Youre saved! but the leapords spot it and it goes up in flames and drops out of the sky.... the base is in sight your teammate is dead. you do a back roll in your plane jump out and deploy your parachute. your plane hits a leapord and blows them bouth up. then you grapple onto the other plane adn hijack it. you watch the pilot drop through the sky and land at your base two friendly planes fly out your job is done!
Just Cause 3 multiplayer:lmao:

Which begs the question: why are you flying a peek airhawk? :P ahhh its funny 'cause its slow... :P

Cartman28279
7th Feb 2011, 04:23
Edios do this in an add on!!!!!! Please!!!!!!!!

pegbutt
15th Feb 2011, 03:09
Hello im new to this forum but i've had Just Cause 2 since it was released. The game is amazing and im still playing it but it is starting to become monotonous. I would like to suggest that they implement an online factor. I know many people have suggested this before me and ive read many articles online about this, but, nobody has gotten it right. Online should be structured like GTA4's online (just the free roam). A player should call the black market guy where you can custimize a special online character and then the black market guy takes that character to the island where there is an online community of players. No one is Rico and if the numbers are to much split the community amongst four or five islands. Also a player can earn money by chaosing chaos, doing races and also by killing other players. Plus no ranks, because then that detracts from the fun, just say how many people are playing and how many kills there were fun facts like that. hope this elps sway eidos to take notice of their fanbase and not just treat us like paying customers.

WADE13x
20th Feb 2011, 16:46
LOL this is still being talked about, Its not going to happen MAYBE in JC3

DJA747
26th Feb 2011, 17:06
I'm thinking MP along the lines of UC2.

I wonder what the maps will be like...

Catuz Jak
5th Mar 2011, 05:39
Sorry to bump this up, but just for the sake of discussion...

I've read the suggestions for JC MP and they are very inventive. However, I feel the core essence of the game is already there in the current SP, and just needs expanding on.

My version of MP would be the following:

1) A customized online character (male/female) who is not Rico, Tom, Jade, etc.

2) Once a player logs on with their custom character, they join one of the FIVE factions on Panau (Reapers, Roaches, UlarBoys, Panau Military, Agency).

3) The basic goal of the matches would be basically Defenders vs. Attackers taking on the forum of the various factions fighting one another for control of towns and strategic bases.

For example, the defenders are stationed at a central military base surrounded by nearby towns (close enough where it takes less than a minute to drive to and from the base to the town). Their job is to defend the base and surrounding settlements at all costs from the attackers.

The attackers goal is to take (over) the towns and military bases. The way they go about doing this is just like in the SP game: They have to collect resource items that are scattered around the maps and destroy Panauan property and equipment. Once they collect all the resources and destroy the required structures & equipment the game ends and the attackers win. If they don't accomplish all of these goals within the allotted time (20, 30 minutes) the Defenders win.

There could be variations on this basic structure, of course, like no respawns, restricted vehicles, restricted weapons, etc. Whatever the host wants to specify on their server.

The cool part would be the resource items would spawn randomly around the towns and bases, so no one side has an unfair advantage and can "resource camp". The only real "camping" would be on the part of the defenders around fuel silos, water towers, power transformers, etc. that need to be destroyed and are part of the maps layout.

Taking the basic structured MP one step further...

This could also be a persistent world that literally changes minute to minute as various factions take control of different towns and bases... Just like in the SP game when you perform a Stronhold takeover. Your faction's influence/territory then spreads and this would allow access to MP exclusive content like new vehicles, weapons, etc.

So, that's my take on JC MP :)

The key difference from other suggestions is it takes an already fun SP and adds to it. So when players log on they are already familiar with the basic game and don't have to completely relearn the MP portion like a lot of games where the SP and MP portions are made by two separate developers.

Free roam could also exist, but probably as a separate mode considering the team oriented matches are geared toward players who want to work as teams vs. lone wolfs who just like to go around and blow stuff up.

Radbrad100
6th Mar 2011, 05:30
:D so guys you know how just cause brings a thrilling singal player experince well i think it's time theres to many times when you see that turret empty it makes me sad so i think for everyone here there should multiy player imagine how much fun it could be though i think it should be like this ... So you start out in the world by yourself no other players and if your friends on he could join you privetly but if your the social type there should be a xboxlive matchmaking to vs other players. So if you agree making destruction by yourself is fun but destruction with a friend it comes from the heart please you have to say yes to this.:D

This is an edit :you should be able to kill your friends or be a team just a thought

cbv80
6th Mar 2011, 20:29
That would be pretty chill but the devoplers said clearly that there wouldn't be any multiplayer for just cause 2 so all we can do is hope for the best for just cause 3

castlekeep
30th Aug 2011, 15:04
I would like to request a dlc, co-op mode for the xbox360. While I can think of millions of things to do on jc2 there are some that would be more fun with 2 or more frinds: mad raceing throw the map, or being able to see what I would have looked like when I was in that car grappled to that air liner by getting my frind to do that while I fly behind and maby even shoot the plaine lol.
so for me adding a co-op mode would more then tripple the game in ever way as 1 player was the games only down fall.
One note of the co-op mode it kinda must be for the 360 sence that is what iv got the game for and it need to have a LAN verson and a split-screen if thats not to much.
Thank you
Luke s117(my gamertag)

ChiroVette
30th Aug 2011, 17:07
Sorry, castlekeep, but while I would not presume to speak for the devs, I am 99.9999999999999% sure that they are done with this game. Perhaps your idea would work for a sequel?

ma10as96
15th Sep 2011, 13:23
okay, first i love your idea and ive been thinkin of the same, but an idea i would love more is something like a private server, or just 2 player on the same jc2 just that there is split screen and everything is the same just with spil screen so you can play totaly normal jc2 just 2 player i would rly love it :D

..sry my bad english

spotter_acus
20th Feb 2012, 17:36
Hey guys,
Here's the gist: yer game and engine is perfect, just release an up-date in the form of DLC to create a multiplayer mode for the consoles. there's been a mod for the PC version since not long after release, to allow multiplayer capabilities.
so, get it done officially, both on console and PC. you know you want to do it, it'll be easier than making JC3 :P

OneTimeUser
18th Apr 2012, 18:33
http://i.imgur.com/eqtzs.jpg

JustCauseStunting
18th Apr 2012, 19:05
hahahahaha, nais!

OneTimeUser
18th Apr 2012, 19:13
If you are lacking the funds to put some programmers to work consider using
http://www.kickstarter.com/
There is no downside. Fan funded, fan paid and infinite cash for you.

JC2MPde
30th May 2012, 03:21
Hello Guys!
Im presenting a german Team of Programmers ..
Were working hard on the JC2-MP-Mod.
We have only some final Problams with the Onfootsync ;D but you can look forward to a Multiplayer for this great and amazing ( and buggy :P ) Game.
It will be free and you can help us and get more Infos at jc2mp.de!

CamoClayton
17th Jun 2012, 08:30
I love this game, the free roaming, the massive environment and the interaction with everything that made you feel like you were in a real place. Except you had to doit all by yourself, leaving you lonely and sometimes vunerable to the nasties out there.
The ability alone to play through the whole map with one or multiple partners would be awesome and ensure the game is played for the next few months and years. I agree with all your suggestions above and would love to see them incorporated especially into the Xbox version. I also have the following suggestions.
- the ability to set up a check point race which you have the freedom to use any vehicle available. Imagine hill climbs, jungle bashing, freeway sprinting, air racing, jet boat racing or whatever. You can set up the path, select the vehicles - even have a multi path, multi vehicle race option. If you crash you spawn at the same spot.
Other than the above suggestion everything is pretty much been covered. If at the very least a co-op version was released that would certainly kick arse and I would happily pay up to $20 for the update. I would prefer to pay nothing, but as this would take some work sorting out, I am more than happy to contribute to the wages.