PDA

View Full Version : Dual Weapon Ammo?

xAiRDogx
26th Jun 2010, 01:23
I have been wondering about this for quite a while now, I just haven't got around to asking anyone about it.

One of my favorite weapons to use in the game are the dual pistols. I have them fully upgraded and for me nothing beats them.
It really makes me angry though how if I have 2 of the same weapon, I can only hold as much ammo as if I were holding one.
So say I have one pistol, and I can hold 200 rounds of pistol ammo, why is it that when I have 2 pistols, I can't hold 400 rounds? :confused:

This is very annoying and I was hoping that maybe the developers would be able to make a patch and change it. 200 rounds may seem like a lot but it goes really fast.

ChiroVette
26th Jun 2010, 01:48
I think the entire ammo and weapon slot system is poorly thought out and absolutely horrific. That said, I am pretty sure that since you have two light weapon slots that when you have the same weapon in both slots, say the pistols, the Uzi, or whatever, that you actually have double the amount of ammo you see on your screen. I tend to have two Uzi's, for instance.

When you only have one in your arsenal, and the other slot is taken up by a different weapon (say the grenade launcher) then you can hold 240 bullets for the Uzi. When you hold two, either double or single wielded, that number goes down to 200. So I assume that if you are holding one uzi, that the max you can have have (without the bubble gun glitch) is the 240 face value number of bullets, but when you are holding 2 uzi's, you actually have 400 bullets, 200 X 2.

Negrumir
26th Jun 2010, 02:04
Well pistols are awesome. Why not use a revolver as your other one-handed weapon until they fix this up. :)

AGENT RICO
26th Jun 2010, 02:35
i no i hate the weapon system i dont think he would use the revolver cuz it has very slow rate of fire he should use if he has it ricos signiture gun and the desert eagle which is the standard pistol

xAiRDogx
26th Jun 2010, 02:52
Well pistols are awesome. Why not use a revolver as your other one-handed weapon until they fix this up. :)

I really don't like the revolver, I just think they need to make a patch I mean patching something like that shouldn't be too difficult I'm surprised its not patched by now.

KomodoDave
26th Jun 2010, 09:39
It really makes me angry though how if I have 2 of the same weapon, I can only hold as much ammo as if I were holding one.
So say I have one pistol, and I can hold 200 rounds of pistol ammo, why is it that when I have 2 pistols, I can't hold 400 rounds?

You're right, this is annoying. This is the root of the Bubble Blaster ammo glitch too - whoever created it has set it to have SMG ammo, hence the SMG you're holding matches its ammo count and the two are consumed in parallel, halving the total amount of ammo, just as you describe.

ricosgun
26th Jun 2010, 19:16
i no i hate the weapon system i dont think he would use the revolver cuz it has very slow rate of fire he should use if he has it ricos signiture gun and the desert eagle which is the standard pistol

ummm if the pistol were the desert eagle it would take about the same amount of shots to kill like the revolver if not less(figuring their both magnums) but ricos signature gun sucks!:mad2:

xAiRDogx
27th Jun 2010, 03:10
ummm if the pistol were the desert eagle it would take about the same amount of shots to kill like the revolver if not less(figuring their both magnums) but ricos signature gun sucks!:mad2:

The pistol model is a desert eagle but it doesn't act like a desert eagle.

And I agree with you, Rico's Signature Gun is garbage. It does the same amount of damage as a 6 star revolver and holds 6 rounds. The revolvers are also garbage, they shoot so slow if you miss you'll lose have your health before you can fire again.

Hope fully Eidos will notice this thread and tell A.S. to make a patch. But nothing else is getting patched so thats not very likely.

Miskav
27th Jun 2010, 16:25
I think the entire ammo and weapon slot system is poorly thought out and absolutely horrific. That said, I am pretty sure that since you have two light weapon slots that when you have the same weapon in both slots, say the pistols, the Uzi, or whatever, that you actually have double the amount of ammo you see on your screen. I tend to have two Uzi's, for instance.

When you only have one in your arsenal, and the other slot is taken up by a different weapon (say the grenade launcher) then you can hold 240 bullets for the Uzi. When you hold two, either double or single wielded, that number goes down to 200. So I assume that if you are holding one uzi, that the max you can have have (without the bubble gun glitch) is the 240 face value number of bullets, but when you are holding 2 uzi's, you actually have 400 bullets, 200 X 2.

Wrong, and I'll explain why.

The same weapon (Aka, 2x Uzi) uses the same ammo pool

Standard ammo for an Uzi is 280 bullets (240+40 in the clip)
2x Uzi = 280 (200+2x40 In the clips)
Not 400.

ChiroVette
27th Jun 2010, 19:26
I don't think that is correct. because when I am holding two uzi's, one in each slot, I can toggle from one to the other and in EACH SLOT it says I have 200. When I drop one and pick up another weapon, then and only then, can I hold 240.

KomodoDave
27th Jun 2010, 19:53
I don't think that is correct. because when I am holding two uzi's, one in each slot, I can toggle from one to the other and in EACH SLOT it says I have 200. When I drop one and pick up another weapon, then and only then, can I hold 240.

Try firing one of them though, ChiroVette. Their ammo count is incorrectly consumed in synchrony, so it says 200 for each, but when you fire one bullet from one of them, both of their ammo counts go down to 199.

ChiroVette
27th Jun 2010, 20:40
I gotcha. So you're saying that this is just one more of the many, many, many glitches and flaws in this game that needs to be addressed. Because it makes no sense to LOSE AMMO when you hold two of the same gun. If anything, it should double because you have two of the same guns taking up the same slot.

KomodoDave
27th Jun 2010, 21:10
I gotcha. So you're saying that this is just one more of the many, many, many glitches and flaws in this game that needs to be addressed.

Yes :o

it makes no sense to LOSE AMMO when you hold two of the same gun. If anything, it should double because you have two of the same guns taking up the same slot.

Actually, it does make sense to me, but then I write software for a living. It looks like the devs associate with Rico a single count for each ammo type. Thus if you fire one uzi this count decreases, and the other uzi will reference the same count. Silly devs, the count should be associated with each weapon Rico carries, not with Rico himself. :hmm:

xAiRDogx
29th Jun 2010, 06:32
Actually, it does make sense to me, but then I write software for a living. It looks like the devs associate with Rico a single count for each ammo type. Thus if you fire one uzi this count decreases, and the other uzi will reference the same count. Silly devs, the count should be associated with each weapon Rico carries, not with Rico himself. :hmm:

Well I think having a "pool" of ammo is a good idea because say you have 2 pistols and you have 100 rounds of pistol ammo, it would be very annoying if you used all 100 rounds in one pistol and you could only use the other pistol. I think they should stick with the idea of having the ammo in a "pool" so that both weapons (dual pistol, smgs, etc) can share from that pool.

They just need to code it so that when you have 1 pistol, and you pick up another pistol, the max amount of ammo in the "pool" doubles.

KomodoDave
29th Jun 2010, 09:24
They just need to code it so that when you have 1 pistol, and you pick up another pistol, the max amount of ammo in the "pool" doubles.

For sure, that works too. :naughty: