PDA

View Full Version : ABILITIES Reaver: Shadow Step

Malchias
29th Mar 2014, 11:08
Just a quick question on this ability. I've notice that if you activate this ability and try to shadow step through an opponent, you get stopped by "unit collision" or whatever you want to call it and reappear in front of your enemy. I'm just wondering is this how this ability is intended to work or is it a bug?

0Exroath0
29th Mar 2014, 15:15
I would honestly like to see this as a blink sort of skill. Would love to hear the devs vision on the skill however.

Malchias
30th Mar 2014, 13:15
Yeah, I would also like to see a dev response on this as well. I know you guys are busy with 101 other things but if you get a chance to respond I thank you in advance. :)

Boreaquis
31st Mar 2014, 13:59
Agreed. Would be really cool if it let you go through walls and such as well.

Psyonix_Corey
31st Mar 2014, 17:56
We have no intention of letting it go through walls, but it should be able to pass through players, will look into changing the behavior. It's probably the way it is to avoid bugs where it ends "inside" somebody, for what it's worth.

It's very specifically not a "blink" instant teleport because we want humans to be able to track the Reaver's motion via the shadow cloud.

Prime_Abstergo
1st Apr 2014, 07:12
We have no intention of letting it go through walls, but it should be able to pass through players, will look into changing the behavior. It's probably the way it is to avoid bugs where it ends "inside" somebody, for what it's worth.

It's very specifically not a "blink" instant teleport because we want humans to be able to track the Reaver's motion via the shadow cloud.
And make sure Bola works correctly - it should punish SS vampires. At this moment they CAN SS while even in chains. This is ridiculous IMO.

0Exroath0
2nd Apr 2014, 14:01
And make sure Bola works correctly - it should punish SS vampires. At this moment they CAN SS while even in chains. This is ridiculous IMO.

Mother of god this .. I stopped playing tyrant in any game with bolas (Yes it might be down to bad play on my part), But If I use leap and shock a team .. 1 bola and im dead

Prime_Abstergo
2nd Apr 2014, 14:42
Mother of god this .. I stopped playing tyrant in any game with bolas (Yes it might be down to bad play on my part), But If I use leap and shock a team .. 1 bola and im dead Not sure why did you involve tyrant in this but as a solution I recommend you equip 'Ignore Pain' (especially if you initiate with 'Jump') :rolleyes:

Psyonix_Corey
2nd Apr 2014, 18:10
We specifically allow Shadow Step while Bola right now but don't break the Bola. We had it disabled during Dev but felt Shadow Step was too weak as a pure movement skill when it was completely neutralized by Bola. We're looking at raising the cooldown though.

PencileyePirate
2nd Apr 2014, 18:55
... We're looking at raising the cooldown though.
To be honest I think it's fine as-is. Reavers using SS get chased down quite often, and with poison bola around, it's not as if SS makes them immune to damage.

Khalith
2nd Apr 2014, 19:26
To be honest I think it's fine as-is. Reavers using SS get chased down quite often, and with poison bola around, it's not as if SS makes them immune to damage.

Yes it does, watch my hp when the storm bow arrow goes off.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BTmRPV0k6wk&t=7m4s