PDA

View Full Version : Invisible Parachute?

xAiRDogx
24th Jun 2010, 22:12
Ok, so I was messing around in Just Cause 2, and this happened... :scratch:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=drV-UPblTCU

If you watched the video, you will see that my parachute is invisible. I don't know how it happened and unfortunately I didn't start recording till after the glitch occurred.

I'm going to assume that the parachute detached some how and for some reason I kept on gliding as if it was attached. I couldn't hear the flapping sound of the parachute as I was gliding only the sound of the wind as if I was free falling.

There would probably be a "close parachute" floating button on my screen but I turn floating buttons off in the game.

The reason I didn't put this in the "Problems found in the game that need addressing with a patch" thread is because I have never seen this before playing the game myself, and I've never seen it from any one else.

Please tell me what you think. I couldn't figure out how I did it.

KomodoDave
24th Jun 2010, 22:31
I've had this happen to me once, and saw it clearly. The parachute doesn't detach, it just never appears in the first place.

When it happened to me, I was at Panau International Airport. Here's how I did it:

Get into a freefall, and skydive towards a jumbo jet that's going to take off on the runway
Before hitting the ground, without opening your parachute shoot a grapple onto the jet, so you begin zipping towards it
Open parachute before your "zipping" ends, i.e. before you reach the stunt jump position on the jet.

It happened a few weeks ago, I tried to replicate it at the time with no success. Obviously some of the details above are superfluous; I mean, the fact that the jumbo is moving most likely makes no difference. If you try the above and it doesn't work, I would just assume it's an unpredictable glitch. The only possible omission in what I've described is that I *possibly* pressed grapple just before I finally opened my parachute, i.e. I may have manually stopped zipping towards the plane a split second before I opened the parachute; I can't be certain of that though.

HTH.

xAiRDogx
24th Jun 2010, 22:53
It happened a few weeks ago, I tried to replicate it at the time with no success. Obviously some of the details above are superfluous; I mean, the fact that the jumbo is moving most likely makes no difference. If you try the above and it doesn't work, I would just assume it's an unpredictable glitch. The only possible omission in what I've described is that I *possibly* pressed grapple just before I finally opened my parachute, i.e. I may have manually stopped zipping towards the plane a split second before I opened the parachute; I can't be certain of that though.

Interesting :scratch:

Well maybe this is something Eidos and A.S. can have a look at.

KomodoDave
24th Jun 2010, 22:59
Interesting :scratch:

Well maybe this is something Eidos and A.S. can have a look at.

Why, does it bother you? Personally I'd prefer to keep cool, harmless little glitches like this! If they fix my LDT trick (see sig) I'll be annoyed.. :mad2:

AGENT RICO
25th Jun 2010, 00:02
i have experinced this 2

xAiRDogx
25th Jun 2010, 07:22
Why, does it bother you? Personally I'd prefer to keep cool, harmless little glitches like this! If they fix my LDT trick (see sig) I'll be annoyed.. :mad2:

You have a good point, but I just thought this was weird and I've never seen it before.

KomodoDave
25th Jun 2010, 07:36
You have a good point, but I just thought this was weird and I've never seen it before.

For sure, I'm not doubting the weirdness! Just to clarify, I had a comma after my 'Why', i.e. I said "Why (do you feel this way?) Does it bother you?", as opposed to the accusatory "WHY DOES IT BOTHER YOU?!", hehe :o

Rios
25th Jun 2010, 08:21
Ive never had this happen. Is it weird that I want to have it happen? :nut:

JaceMc
25th Jun 2010, 12:54
It happened to me, and I have a video of it on my PS3 because I never upload them, just save them. Mine just happened randomly while I was grapple-chuting across the bridge.

Fail
25th Jun 2010, 13:56
i have this exact thing recorded. i grappled and chuted on a titus on the racetrack, and the same thing happened.

patrickownzya
25th Jun 2010, 14:15
Hmm, just today I LDT'd a car to a plane at the International Airport. As it was airborne, I stunt jumped onto the car and quickly grappled the plane. Instead of reeling in, Rico just fell headfirst without even the option to parachute. Then he did a beautiful dive into the ocean, not taking one single tad of health.

KomodoDave
26th Jun 2010, 09:40
Hmm, just today I LDT'd a car to a plane at the International Airport. As it was airborne, I stunt jumped onto the car and quickly grappled the plane. Instead of reeling in, Rico just fell headfirst without even the option to parachute. Then he did a beautiful dive into the ocean, not taking one single tad of health.

lol?! That sounds amusing, will try it myself. Thanks patrick :)