PDA

View Full Version : VAMPIRES Non-Zephonim Clan Wall Climb ability

-Kainh-
29th Mar 2014, 08:07
In Soul Reaver, that is after Nosgoth in timeline with the corrupted evolution of the Clans, only the zephonim had the ability to climb the walls.
Maybe it wasn't better to let only deceiver climb walls and the other classes reach the rooftops with a vampiric high jump?

It's only a curiosity, not a critics ;)

MasterShuriko
29th Mar 2014, 10:35
Heck I´d even go for a bit more Parkour movements if thats the case for fluidity.

Vampmaster
29th Mar 2014, 10:57
In Soul Reaver, that is after Nosgoth in timeline with the corrupted evolution of the Clans, only the zephonim had the ability to climb the walls.
Maybe it wasn't better to let only deceiver climb walls and the other classes reach the rooftops with a vampiric high jump?

It's only a curiosity, not a critics ;)

That's like saying if you're not spiderman you shouldn't even be able to climb a ladder. The Zephonim could climb certain types of walls that others could not, but that's not to say other types of wall wouldn't be climbable without the Zephonim's ability. It's just a matter of there being something to grip.

Perhaps the Zephonim' could have more maneuverability like climbing sideways or being able to hang there indefinitely while others would just fall off if they stopped scrambling up.

RainaAudron
29th Mar 2014, 11:12
Perhaps the Zephonim' could have more maneuverability like climbing sideways or being able to hang there indefinitely while others would just fall off if they stopped scrambling up.

Exactly - they could freely move on a wall surface to stalk they prey unseen. Vampires of Nosgoth don´t really have that kind of mobility - they sort of grip for a second then jump up, that´s not how Zephonim climb.

-Kainh-
29th Mar 2014, 11:29
Yes I know, indeed it was only a curiosity and not a critic, therefore why dont't the humans do that?
Also humans can calimb the walls :P They have the weapons, ok, but they also can put away on their back to climb :P

Maybe was a Soul Reaver gameplay limitation or story obligation , but before taking the gift, Raziel was unable to climb any ladder or particular surface, also some building. The vampires of Nosgoth do that.

Vampmaster
29th Mar 2014, 12:46
I'm pretty sure it was just a gameplay limitation. I think the humans are just to slow or weak to try climbing the buildings in the middle of a battle., but that and the lack of ladders are probably for gameplay reasons too.

PencileyePirate
29th Mar 2014, 14:17

This would be really cool ... I think they should have horizontal movement and the ability to hang indefinitely.

ThatsNotMyPirate
29th Mar 2014, 14:38

I strongly Agree.

-Kainh-
29th Mar 2014, 14:41
Yes, though in this kind of game, staying attached at the wall is really dangerous , make really uncovered to the enemy fire :P
Mine is only a speech at the base of the past abilities and the new.
Maybe an High Jump ability (remotely taken from blood omen 2), I think would be a better choice, imho :)
This Jump ability , here was brought only to the dumahim reaver attack, it is really similar to Blood Omen 2

Vampmaster
29th Mar 2014, 15:15
Well, since they are the deceivers, maybe they should even be camouflaged when hanging on walls. The combination of all three suggestions might be a bit overpowered though, so the devs would need to come up with a way to regulate it. Maybe players would have to choose between the sideways movement and the camouflage when setting up the loadout or something.

DX2014
29th Mar 2014, 21:10
The idea of just one class of vampires being able to scale walls differently could be really interesting, I'd like to see this idea get some attention.

Gigamet
25th Apr 2014, 07:03
If there would be any change at all, I'd probably go with Deceivers having a more controllable form of wall climbing.

The rest of the classes are just scaling walls by jumping, but I'd like to see the Deceiver be able to climb down walls, across walls, etc.

Calverp
25th Apr 2014, 07:42
If there would be any change at all, I'd probably go with Deceivers having a more controllable form of wall climbing.

The rest of the classes are just scaling walls by jumping, but I'd like to see the Deceiver be able to climb down walls, across walls, etc.

That would be nice, even better would be if they could climb on ceilings.

PencileyePirate
25th Apr 2014, 08:32

That would be nice, even better would be if they could climb on ceilings.

Yes, please.