PDA

View Full Version : Panaun People

Mrmeeph
24th Jun 2010, 20:18
The world we JC 2 fans know as Panau is huge in almost every way. Its huge, with 400 square miles of land or sea to explore, and it has huge amazing environments. Desert, Ocean, Forest, the Skies, Islands, Mountains, or the City can all be explored and roamed freely. There are over 100 vehicles, and bunches of weapons, along with a story mode and 50 (I think) Faction missions. But one this that I think Just Cause 2 lacks is simple:

NPCs. Im sure many of you have played Grand Theft Auto 4, and was amazed as I was at all the different people and characters you see walking around the city. They all have different styles of talking, reacting, and doing stuff. But in JC 2, i see the same boring people everywhere. They all have the same voices and do the same things. They almost all look similar, despite living in freezing mountaintops or scorching deserts. They wear the same dirty clothes, even thought they live in the rich part of town.
And its not just civilians. It seems all the police/ army men look the same, except for Elites and Colonels. It disappointed me because everything else about the Panau world seems perfect.

Now this is how it could be better:
-Personalities: Some Civilians would fight back and punch you. Some would even put up a fight when you try to take their car (Think hijacking from the Military) Some would shout at you and some would cry. And some could even follow you and support you!

-Appearances: Actually make a visible difference in the look of the civilians. People in the city would wear business suits and and dresses. People in the slummy villages would wear what we already see in the game. In the deserts they wear light clothing, and heavy clothing i the mountains. We could even see some special and alternative clothing.

-Roles: Have you noticed how even if an NPC if flying the most expensive and complicated fighter jet, the NPC still looks like a regular old army man. I think if they drive a boat, they would be a sailor. And for planes or helicopters, a pilot. At higher heat levels, we see more dangerous looking enemies. This can also apply to civilians. When a civilian is boating, they would wear special suits, or if they live near a rice farm, they look like farmers. Its all a simple idea.

I hope you agree, and like my ideas, and feel free to post suggestions, AKA other kinds of NPCs, or what they would do.

-Thanks!

Sonnyjimba
24th Jun 2010, 20:26
The appearances bit is like that in the game for me already, in the city, particularly in the financial district, much more people wear suits and drive fast cars. Though maybe I'm just imaging the whole suit bit. People that live near the beach tend to wear swimming clothes and I may be going crazy on the last bit but I think the people in the mountains wear more clothes.

I do agree about the personality bit though, there are also beggars as well.

cazzer
24th Jun 2010, 22:04
I kinda overlook the fact of how the civilians react and compare colours. Just cause 2 is a mixture of desert, snow, city and greenland. GTA is just same old same old dull beige buildings, barely any of which you can get into. Just cause 2 captures the eye more. Even if the civilians do just run away cowering when you hi-jack them.

Id:EAZ
24th Jun 2010, 22:06
I really like the personality idea.

AGENT RICO
24th Jun 2010, 23:46
i really like the idea but the devs cant do anything about it the game is already made this would be to hard to do if put as DLC so they wont change anything but i wish they did put ur idea in it would have been more lively in panau instead of the same damn thing

Mrmeeph
25th Jun 2010, 02:57
The appearances bit is like that in the game for me already, in the city, particularly in the financial district, much more people wear suits and drive fast cars. Though maybe I'm just imaging the whole suit bit. People that live near the beach tend to wear swimming clothes and I may be going crazy on the last bit but I think the people in the mountains wear more clothes.

I do agree about the personality bit though, there are also beggars as well. Oh really? well, I guess i didn't look hard enough :p

Fail
25th Jun 2010, 03:03
i found it humerous that a guy in a boonie hat and no oxygen mask was flying a fighter jet.

Mrmeeph
25th Jun 2010, 15:29
i found it humerous that a guy in a boonie hat and no oxygen mask was flying a fighter jet. Haha Exactly! I mean JC 2 is unrealistic, but at least be realistic enough to make a fighter pilot, or naval captain.

Colif
25th Jun 2010, 16:04
Island is an equal opportunity employer, he may have been a guard this morning but in the afternoon he was called on to rescue the president by flying a plane. Helps he is multi skilled also.

Really, you draw the line at their jobs in a game you can jump off a blimp, fall 1050 metres and grapple to the ground without breaking a fingernail?

DesertEagle8
27th Jun 2010, 03:45
dont take this wrong, but i think you all are tryin to make this game way better than it could possibly be. its already great but i think we should try to stick with something that the devs could really do in DLC or a patch. i pay attention to the civilians and stuff but yall are asking for them to behave like a civillian would in Assassin's Creed or a game where the civilians are what make the game.