PDA

View Full Version : Cheats

mixu
24th Jun 2010, 08:02
SRSLY Make cheats, and to those whiners who say it makes game too easy, make cheats only IN MERCENARIES MODE. whatever im 99.999% sure that Eidos doesn't add cheats becuase they DON'T Listen to players suggestions..

Talidan
24th Jun 2010, 08:10
I know cheats are very much wanted, I want them as well.

Help support it by posting in this thread: http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?t=109816

Keep the thread alive and make sure it gets seen by devs! :D

JustCauseStunting
24th Jun 2010, 08:23
I use the PS3 for tha serious stuff, and the PC for cheat mods an hooks :D

xAiRDogx
24th Jun 2010, 08:35
I highly agree with the idea of having cheat, but there is no need to make 30,000 different threads about how bad you want cheats.

I'm sure Eidos listens to the community. It is far too late to make major game modifications like cheats. I imagine Eidos will some how incorporate cheats into Just Cause 3. Adding cheats in now could spawn a whole line of bugs and glitches that would cost Eidos valuable time and money to work them out.

Talidan
24th Jun 2010, 08:41
I highly agree with the idea of having cheat, but there is no need to make 30,000 different threads about how bad you want cheats.

I'm sure Eidos listens to the community. It is far too late to make major game modifications like cheats. I imagine Eidos will some how incorporate cheats into Just Cause 3. Adding cheats in now could spawn a whole line of bugs and glitches that would cost Eidos valuable time and money to work them out.

It's not that major of a modification. Pandemic did it very easily with Mercs 2 and it really doesn't take a whole lot to add something like cheats into a game.

KomodoDave
24th Jun 2010, 08:54

Agreed.

mixu, why don't you take the effort to type out a message properly instead of using text speak. Also, you could benefit from doing a little research.. Eidos (now part of Square Enix) is the publisher, anything in-game has nothing to do with them,. It is the developer, Avalanche Studios, with whom you have a quarrel.

There are more than enough threads already active which discuss cheats. I agree with the sentiment - I want cheats as much you, mixu - but writing what you've written in the way you've written it will get us nowhere. :hmm:

I'm sure Eidos listens to the community.

They absolutely do listen, you can see this from mycoldman's posts. Unfortunate for us there's a difference between listening and enacting requests!

It is far too late to make major game modifications like cheats. I imagine Eidos will some how incorporate cheats into Just Cause 3. Adding cheats in now could spawn a whole line of bugs and glitches that would cost Eidos valuable time and money to work them out.

I disagree with this. Cheats are not a major game modification at all, in fact they are one of the most superficial additions you can make. You only need to look at how quickly BOLO patch was released for the PC version to understand how easily cheats can be added.

Cheats are essentially just value changes in the code, which is the simplest possible alteration. To give an example, somewhere in the code or in a configuration file there is likely to be a variable defined along the lines of "max_number_tethers = 1". Thus a cheat could very easily be introduced which simply changes this '1' to a higher value. When you write software, common practise is to follow this approach rather than have explicit values everywhere, since it makes changing such values far easier - you only have to write the new value in a single location, rather than everywhere that value is referenced.

I write software daily as part of my PhD at Oxford University, would you believe :eek:

xX3xKilleRXx
24th Jun 2010, 08:57
I use the PS3 for tha serious stuff, and the PC for cheat mods an hooks :D
You posted the exact same thing in that other cheat thread :D

and also there are lots of other cheat threads so I donĀ“t think we need any more :)

Richierich1233
24th Jun 2010, 08:58
You do understand that driber/mycoldman read every single thread that is ever posted and then clearly listen to player suggestions. it is just irritating for them when they come on to see about 5 different threads going
"OMG I WNT CHEATZ NAO BECUS I TINK TEH GAME IS BOARIN NAO AND I CNT HAV FUN WITOUT CHEATZ"
Its also the fact that 99% of people that create forums saying they want cheats, normally get a warning on their account and the thread closed because they use abusive language.

And also. If Eidos didnt add cheats to the game, that is their decision because its THEIR game that THEY created. If they wanted to put cheats in the game, they would have. But they clearly DONT want cheats in the game therefore you might aswell stop whining about it all the time

Driber
24th Jun 2010, 09:14
use the official cheat thread: http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?t=109816

closed.