PDA

View Full Version : Just Cause 2 Mods on Ps3 & Xbox360

Jeffrey561
24th Jun 2010, 06:35
The mods that are on PC should be on ps3 and xbox360 its not fair how we pay $60 for a game and it don't have the mods. Even if we have to pay for the mods on ps3 and xbox360 im willing to pay.

xAiRDogx
24th Jun 2010, 06:58
Mods are an exclusive part of pc gaming, for all games. If you don't think its fair then buy a pc. They definitely cost way more than $60.

Also, the developers aren't the ones making the mods, the pc community make the mods.

NovaSilisko
24th Jun 2010, 07:09
Mods are an exclusive part of pc gaming, for all games. If you don't think its fair then buy a pc. They definitely cost way more than $60.

Also, the developers aren't the ones making the mods, the pc community make the mods.

Basically this.

JustCauseStunting
24th Jun 2010, 07:47
Nothing you can do about it :o

Richierich1233
24th Jun 2010, 09:02
Well, if you feel so strongly about it. Hows about you spend the best part of £1000 buying a decent computer that can run JC2 and then download the mods for it?

To be honest, its only fair PC are the only thing to get mods. The amount of money we spend keeping our computer up to date with the best software + hardware so we can play new games every year is ridiculous

Rios
24th Jun 2010, 09:53
And yet again its become a PC vs. console thread. :(

KomodoDave
24th Jun 2010, 09:54
Basically this.

:lol:

superoli123
24th Jun 2010, 19:13
apparently you can put the files on a usb stick and then put it on your xbox, i might try it sometime

OldTheBKBrawler
24th Jun 2010, 19:34
To be honest, its only fair PC are the only thing to get mods. The amount of money we spend keeping our computer up to date with the best software + hardware so we can play new games every year is ridiculous

Right, because it's a matter of what's fair, right? :rolleyes: I'll even gloss over the apparent missing of the meaning of the word fair to avoid the inevitable PC vs. console crapstorm.

Honestly, don't kid yourself to think that anything like mods for consoles will ever exist for JC2. But since we're discussing it, I don't think there's any really good reason that nobody has implemented it in sandbox games yet. The simplicity of adding new modifications to games like, say, Sims 3 is astounding. You go to a website, download a package file that's in a proprietary format, toss it in a dedicated mods folder, and run the game. It sees you have a mod there, and you can select to turn it on or off any time.

We all know video games and the internet are hopelessly intertwined now. The ease of downloading new DLC for JC2 is already there. A community mod team could submit a mod to Eidos/Avalanche for testing, and if they approve of it they can list it on a special marketplace menu. Release, download, install, voila. Simple as can be and barely requires any new work on their end, since they already play-test the big mods just for their own fun. They like the reskin? Bam, it's online for console users.

It seems to me like nothing about this is difficult, and it could be rolled out in the span of a few weeks. Well, not with this team. It could be rolled out in the span of a few months. Still, I hope that some developer in the future realizes that an open-world sandbox game with regular infusions of community-developed content would be quite the formidable title. Just look at how successful the Source engine has been with the huge community presence.

Id:EAZ
24th Jun 2010, 21:13
It seems to me like nothing about this is difficult, and it could be rolled out in the span of a few weeks. Well, not with this team. It could be rolled out in the span of a few months.

Or a few years

Talidan
24th Jun 2010, 21:23
Or a few years

Valve Time has become the industry standard for development and release.

http://developer.valvesoftware.com/wiki/Valve_Time :lol:

Id:EAZ
24th Jun 2010, 21:50
Valve Time has become the industry standard for development and release.

http://developer.valvesoftware.com/wiki/Valve_Time :lol:

I said Stop....... Valve Time :nut:

That made me laugh :D

Apache249
24th Jun 2010, 22:29
apparently you can put the files on a usb stick and then put it on your xbox, i might try it sometime

Unless you modify your Xbox, it won't do anything.

Rios
24th Jun 2010, 22:30
to avoid the inevitable PC vs. console crapstorm.

To late. :mad2:

superoli123
24th Jun 2010, 22:39
Unless you modify your Xbox, it won't do anything.

Please could you tell me how to put nodded files on my xbox? I've never modded before and all of the videos make it overcomplitated. I don't want to mod my xbox just upload modded files from a memorey stick. My first impression would to download modded files then put it on a memmorey stick and then put it in the just cause part of my hardeive of my xbox. Would I be correct? I would really apreceate it if someone talked me through it.

Scorp
24th Jun 2010, 22:58
I actually modded my JC2 on the xbox 360 with a USB, it's really easy, unfortunately the program I used(Modio, look it up) can only give you money and chaos... Hey I got $16,000,000 on my screw around account I'm not complaining. :P

EDIT: To mod your JC2 on the smexbox:

Modio (http://www.game-tuts.com/community/modio.php) (can also be used to Mod other games)

USB Xplorer (http://www.megaupload.com/?d=7K9VFUU4) (used to extract and rehash & resign files)

7Zip File Unziper (http://www.7-zip.org/download.html) (might need to extract the above files)

How to mod MW2 Single Player & Spec Ops (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tZs3rzhrjz4&feature=related)

You mod JC2 JUST LIKE you mod Modern Warfare 2, basically.

superoli123
24th Jun 2010, 23:33
I don't really want money or cheos, I would prefer loads of stuff like nuke trigered explosives or infinate range graple hook.

Rios
25th Jun 2010, 08:37
I actually modded my JC2 on the xbox 360 with a USB, it's really easy, unfortunately the program I used(Modio, look it up) can only give you money and chaos...

That sounds less like a mod and more like a cheat enabler, like Game Shark did back in the day. But maybe the kids are calling cheats mods these days, I don't know.

Scorp
30th Jun 2010, 17:27
It's still technically a mod, just not a awesome one. :-/

xI Jakk Ix
30th Jun 2010, 17:53
There should be but there isn't.

Zenro
2nd Jul 2010, 01:22
I actually modded my JC2 on the xbox 360 with a USB, it's really easy, unfortunately the program I used(Modio, look it up) can only give you money and chaos... Hey I got $16,000,000 on my screw around account I'm not complaining. :P

does it work for pms3?

Scorp
2nd Jul 2010, 03:54
pms3? You mean PS3? Uh...Not sure. You could try it.

Talidan
2nd Jul 2010, 04:14
Premenstrual System 3?

D: I don't like the sound of that

IrishGamer
2nd Jul 2010, 08:27

borderlannds could be modded for console

Talidan
2nd Jul 2010, 10:07
I usually point this out in these threads, but got tired of doing it.

I'll do it anyway.

Unreal Tournament III on the PS3 supports mods. This is proof that at least the PS3 can have modable games, but only if the devs choose to include it.

cazzer
2nd Jul 2010, 13:33
You can mad the game on Xbox 360 and PS3, but not without something like a Devkit. Therefore the majority who only know how to use software taylored for 'easy' modding cannot mod this game and probably never will be able to. The game is good enough without mods.

hyperplutonium
2nd Jul 2010, 15:05
It costs less than £1000 to get a good computer think more of £450

patrickownzya
2nd Jul 2010, 16:12

EDIT: To mod your JC2 on the smexbox:

Modio (http://www.game-tuts.com/community/modio.php) (can also be used to Mod other games)

USB Xplorer (http://www.megaupload.com/?d=7K9VFUU4) (used to extract and rehash & resign files)

7Zip File Unziper (http://www.7-zip.org/download.html) (might need to extract the above files)

How to mod MW2 Single Player & Spec Ops (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tZs3rzhrjz4&feature=related)

You mod JC2 JUST LIKE you mod Modern Warfare 2, basically.

Does it work with a normal USB, or do you need a special one? I'd love the money on a screwaround account. And it works just like in the vid? Loading a file, then saving it, go to dashboard, move to USB, get the usb to your computer, look for the file, apply the money, then put the usb back in the xbox and move it back?

neat.

Scorp
2nd Jul 2010, 16:27
Yeah any USB should work, just plug it in the xbox and configure it for the xbox 360 hard drive stuff.

I'd just take your time the first time you do it and DON'T delete ANYTHING on USB Xpolorer. Deleted my main Gamertag and I had trouble recovering it so I had to call M$ and I'm still waiting for a call back. >_>

patrickownzya
2nd Jul 2010, 23:46
Yeah any USB should work, just plug it in the xbox and configure it for the xbox 360 hard drive stuff.

I'd just take your time the first time you do it and DON'T delete ANYTHING on USB Xpolorer. Deleted my main Gamertag and I had trouble recovering it so I had to call M$ and I'm still waiting for a call back. >_>

Yeah, i'm always really carefull with stuff like this. I'll make backup saves and all that to prevent any negative things from happening.

Just to be sure, do you know a max cap on the money amount? I just want to have a nice stockpile so I can keep ordering my DLC without having to do this every 2 hours :)

Scorp
3rd Jul 2010, 03:28
Using that method(Modio) it let me have up to $16,000,000. =)

cazzer
3rd Jul 2010, 16:53
Using that method(Modio) it let me have up to $16,000,000. =)

I earnt my money :P $19,000,000 here. :rasp: :lol: