PDA

View Full Version : Will I be able...

Sirviani
23rd Jun 2010, 19:06
To provoke a chaotic situation like the japanese discotec in Deus Ex, where I blew the glass walls into pieces running around with my electric high tech sword, shooting all the lights like a maniac and pushing people to the ground, while I headed towards the exit waiting to face a group of police men running like crazies?

That situation really brought me to think that Deus Ex was one of the best games on the computer platform. Even better than the vampiric scene of Blade.

Will this Deus Ex give me such freedom to make me design my own experience. You see there's a difference here, I don't mind if they intend to bring a cinematic experience to the Deus Ex Series, as long as they let me do things like above.

68_pie
23rd Jun 2010, 19:43
japanese?

LisuPL
23rd Jun 2010, 21:25
We need to ask Hirohito

pringlepower
23rd Jun 2010, 21:48
Yes. Yes you will. I imagine shooting up the Hive would be most displeasing to everyone inside it

KSingh77
23rd Jun 2010, 21:57
Nope

Theres an automatic weapons shut down so we won't shoot up a place with lots and lots of people.

Just like in IW.

Sirviani
23rd Jun 2010, 22:38
Nope

Theres an automatic weapons shut down so we won't shoot up a place with lots and lots of people.

Just like in IW.

I didn't know that. Thanks for the info. Looks like they're gonna force me to do what they want.

Marses
23rd Jun 2010, 22:52
I didn't know that. Thanks for the info. Looks like they're gonna force me to do what they want.
In the leaked gameplay footage, the very first NPC you see, the gamer pulls a gun on him, and the NPC sticks his arm up and gets all scared. Maybe some areas they're disarming guns, but on the streets of Hong Kong you can use your weapons.

ZakKa89
23rd Jun 2010, 22:58
It's been confirmed that if you start shooting people in the streets the police are coming after you : D

Pinky_Powers
23rd Jun 2010, 23:09
Nope

Just like in IW.

If that's true - which I'm not sure it is, as I can't recall reading or hearing anything of the sort - it's no doubt limited to only the Hive (for Tong's sake). Hell, even in Invisible War, there was only one nightclub that locked your weapons. The other one (the more up-scale one) allowed you do shoot anybody for any reason.

Thinking about the footage we saw for Human Revolution... when talking to the Bouncer at the Hive entrance, Adam was presented with the option to knock him out and enter without paying. There is also a roof entrence, and an ally entrance you can break into. And Tong actually tells Jensen not to cause trouble, as he has many "worker bees" who will swarm him.

Now for the sake of the opening poster, I would like to share some information I gleamed from a few of the major previews out there:
It has been confirmed by EM staff that you can start killing people in public, and the police will decent upon you in force. According to them, it is possible to survive this, but it will be one hell of a challenge for you. It will be quite a bit like Hong Kong in Deus Ex, in that regard.

Remington
23rd Jun 2010, 23:20
The DX way of handling shooting Tong is either making him invincible, thus shooting him will cause your death (early Gunther), or killing him would cause an army to follow, which, if you defeat, you will be rewarded in the DX way ("So I heard you can [save Paul/kill Tong/kill Anna Navarre on the plane], is that true?")