PDA

View Full Version : character modelling

PenguinsFriend
23rd Jun 2010, 16:21
Is it just me or do all the women in HK have pageboy bob cuts? I swear I even saw two of them wearing the same outfit :(

ChfMojoRising
23rd Jun 2010, 16:31
Can't see the image, but the comment you made under the line is both hilarious and kinda sexy lol

PenguinsFriend
23rd Jun 2010, 16:33
Can't see the image, but the comment you made under the line is both hilarious and kinda sexy lol

there's no image because I'm referring to the leaked gameplay footage. If I posted it in here I might get in trouble :)

But seriously - just google it and watch the street and club - loads of chicks with bob cuts

jkruse
23rd Jun 2010, 18:00
I only recall seeing two, out on the streets. They appeared to be arguing about something and they weren't wearing the same thing, though it was similar.

ChfMojoRising
23rd Jun 2010, 18:04
there's no image because I'm referring to the leaked gameplay footage.

Oh~ I was confusing your sig for being part of your post lol.

PenguinsFriend
23rd Jun 2010, 18:06
Oh~ I was confusing your sig for being part of your post lol.

no worries :)

I only recall seeing two, out on the streets. They appeared to be arguing about something and they weren't wearing the same thing, though it was similar.

Check it out again and pause lots :)

3rdmillhouse
23rd Jun 2010, 18:06
Is it just me or do all the women in HK have pageboy bob cuts? I swear I even saw two of them wearing the same outfit :(

PRE-ALPHA!!!! :mad2: I cannot strees this enough, it's pre-alpha, there should be placeholders every-fvcking-where, heck, I'm even surprised at the sheer amount of work they've managed to pull to have a presentable demo at E3.

PenguinsFriend
23rd Jun 2010, 18:10
PRE-ALPHA!!!! :mad2: I cannot strees this enough, it's pre-alpha, there should be placeholders every-fvcking-where, heck, I'm even surprised at the sheer amount of work they've managed to pull to have a presentable demo at E3.

It's beta!!! :mad2: I cannot strees this enough, it's Beta, there should be placeholders every-****-where, heck, I'm even surprised at the sheer amount of work they've managed to pull to have a presentable demo at E3.

Fixed

jkruse
23rd Jun 2010, 18:14
no worries :)

Check it out again and pause lots :)

Holy crap you're right, white shirts, black pants, and bob cuts everywhere! However, as PenguinsFriends said, placeholders, I wouldn't worry about it.

ThePrecursor
23rd Jun 2010, 18:14
It's beta!!! :mad2: I cannot strees this enough, it's Beta, there should be placeholders every-****-where, heck, I'm even surprised at the sheer amount of work they've managed to pull to have a presentable demo at E3.

Fixed

Why are you being ignorant towards the fact that the demo is in pre-alpha. And, as 3rdmillhouse said, was actually cleaned up here and there to make it presentable at E3.

PenguinsFriend
23rd Jun 2010, 18:15
Why are you being ignorant towards the fact that the demo is in pre-alpha. And, as 3rdmillhouse said, was actually cleaned up here and there to make it presentable at E3.

It's a beta build, trust me ;)

ThePrecursor
23rd Jun 2010, 18:21

I don't see why I should.

3rdmillhouse
23rd Jun 2010, 18:22

Stop trolling goddamnit!!! And stop acting like you've got some sort of source within the development team.

There, now stop talking out of your ass.

http://www.shacknews.com/onearticle.x/64457
http://www.gamepro.com/article/previews/215571/e3-2010-deus-ex-human-revolution-impressions/
http://gamerlimit.com/2010/06/e310-deus-ex-human-revolution-impressions-do-you-feel-lucky-cyberpunk/

Jerion
23rd Jun 2010, 19:34

Trust no one. Question everything.

PenguinsFriend
23rd Jun 2010, 20:34
I don't care what anyone else says, it's still beta :)

I just want to be contrary

Fluffis
23rd Jun 2010, 20:36

Who told you to say that? Huh? Well?

Jerion
23rd Jun 2010, 20:41
Who told you to say that? Huh? Well?

Wikiquote did. (http://en.wikiquote.org/wiki/Deus_Ex)

Corpus
23rd Jun 2010, 20:42
I don't care what anyone else says, it's still beta :)

I just want to be contrary

So if the devs commented on it and said it was pre-alpha, you would still believe its beta?

Serendipitous
23rd Jun 2010, 21:01

Everyone knows it's still being developed, but we can't just not talk about this game and assume everything's going to be fine when it's released. And just because people criticize things about the game doesn't mean they don't love other things about it.

MaxxQ1
24th Jun 2010, 07:56

I trust no one under the age of 30.

<now let's see who gets the reference>

PenguinsFriend
24th Jun 2010, 13:19
So if the devs commented on it and said it was pre-alpha, you would still believe its beta?

Depends on the definition of the word, I suppose. Some people said the game is pre-alpha - for some companies, pre-alpha is the model you would design to show proof of concept and secure funding. Alpha implies that the code is still being developed - what I saw looked pretty beta to me.

That being said, if they are saying it's Alpha, then who am I to say otherwise? It's not like they ever said something before only to have it not be true. Like say, staying true to the origional design (third person camera cheat look around corners = cool mode) eh. Or, developers diary, eh. Anyone?

BTW - the game is beta ;)

ThePrecursor
24th Jun 2010, 14:31
Alpha implies that the code is still being developed - what I saw looked pretty beta to me.

That is because the E3 demo was modified to make it presentable to the public. The game was still in the pre-alpha stage of development when it was shown, modification or not. So please stop stating otherwise, you're just making a fool out of yourself.

PenguinsFriend
24th Jun 2010, 15:51
Perhaps you missed the part where I said I just want to be contrary?