PDA

View Full Version : Deus Ex 3 Logo?

Danjun
23rd Jun 2010, 12:02
Hey guys.. Jus' wondering.. If that plain simple triangle is the new logo.. I don't like it.. Why not follow the logos as both of the previous games did.

Now look here;

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/fr/4/43/Deus_Ex_Logo.jpg

See that circle in the middle.. why not make that triangle instead, and make it yellowish.

Now, it'll look something like this;

http://www.nanoaugur.net/dx3/logo-wall-1920-clean.png (Big image)

That's a fan made, and it looks nice.. why don't you guys try that out?

p.s Don't really know what's the true logo.. so yeah, tried searching but anyway.. if that triangle isn't the logo.. sorry then.. but yeah.

Pretentious Old Man.
23rd Jun 2010, 12:07
I completely agree.

Eidos seem terrified of referencing other episodes in the franchise, lest they alienate new members to it. They seem to have shifted their thinking from prequel (good) to reboot (bad).

Kvltism
23rd Jun 2010, 12:20

That looks like a happy medium between old and new. Great idea.

rokstrombo
23rd Jun 2010, 12:44
I doubt it will be featured in Human Revolution, because the new font does not match the "D" and "E" which comprised the original logo.

I think the triangles are cool.

Kvltism
23rd Jun 2010, 12:50
I doubt it will be featured in Human Revolution, because the new font does not match the "D" and "E" which comprised the original logo.

I think the triangles are cool.
Pretty sure OP was simply referring to the original DE symbol with the triangle motif included. EM could put the new font to use and I imagine it would work just fine; maintains a clear link to the original title while adding a new flavour.

rokstrombo
23rd Jun 2010, 12:55
The Deus Ex symbol was based on the "D" and "E" from Deus Ex. These letters have rounded surfaces, whereas all the surfaces in the new font and logo are flat. I don't think they would look very good if combined.

Edit: Fixed

jkruse
23rd Jun 2010, 18:04
They'll stick to the triangle, it's probably supposed to be a Delta, commonly used to signify the change in something. Though I'm sure most people here already know that.

Danjun
23rd Jun 2010, 22:32
Listen, guys. It doesn't matter if the font is not smooth and not circular.. If you compare HR with Deus Ex font, the HR font is curved.. seriously.

It's like saying "HEY ADAM IS CURVED DON'T PUT HIM WITH THE LOGO IN THE WALLPAPERS"

rokstrombo
24th Jun 2010, 08:05
I can't tell whether there are curved surfaces in the font for "Human Revolution" and opposed to "Deus Ex 3" because it's too small, but the letters seem rather box-like rather than pointy and rounded like the original Deus Ex logo font. I personally don't think the original Deus Ex logo would match very well with the new triangular "Deus Ex 3" font and delta symbol.

Pretentious Old Man.
24th Jun 2010, 08:10
I can't see why they don't use the original logo and theme.

Are they afraid of people thinking it's not a total reboot or what?

Angel-A
24th Jun 2010, 08:16
I made a thread about this a while back, the classic "DX" is nowhere to be found in HR. Very, very bad.
I don't think it would be too hard to make a HR-ized, triangular version of the DX. That would be reeeeeeeally cool.

DXeXodus
24th Jun 2010, 11:36
Now, it'll look something like this;

I really like how that looks but I am pretty sure that they will never do that. I think that the logo for HR will simply be what you see at the top of this forum. It will certainly be sad to not see the revolving DE logo in the menus screen any more though.

JablesKage
24th Jun 2010, 13:37
i think the emblem from the old DX was amazing and should stay... perhaps with a twist like the OP posted

Danjun
25th Jun 2010, 13:52
Hey guys.. just wanted to say something;

Look at this picture;

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/fr/4/43/Deus_Ex_Logo.jpg

Now, do you see.. that the text written below, doesn't match the logo itself. And it's D isn't like the D on the logo, nor the E, or X.. whatever it is.

My suggestion still remains the same, they should use the original logo, and if they're willing to add something new.. that dot can be the triangle..

Hope they do it though..

Pinky_Powers
25th Jun 2010, 14:13
I don't see any way to make a Deus Ex game without using the Deus Ex logo. :hmm:

xsamitt
25th Jun 2010, 14:39
I don't see any way to make a Deus Ex game without using the Deus Ex logo. :hmm:

Agreed........This is a bigger mistake than they think.That symbol speaks volumes.

Pretentious Old Man.
26th Jun 2010, 01:05
Not using the old logo and theme is deliberate. They don't want too many links with the old DX. They want, ahem, "creativity". It's the curse of all artists: All shackles and restrictions are not welcome.

Then again, as a historian, maybe I just revel in them too much.

jtr7
26th Jun 2010, 03:25
It's the curse of artists looking to make money. As an artist, I like finding room to grow within absolute restrictions, adhering fiercely to continuity, while seeking ways to breathe that don't step on canon's toes, and only throwing out clear mistakes, while looking for reconciliation for the milder continuity errors.

Dead-Eye
26th Jun 2010, 10:49
That looks Sweet!