PDA

View Full Version : Binoculars DLC

OminousFollower
23rd Jun 2010, 04:26
Anyone thought about a pair of high powered Binoculars for DLC. The world is so feature rich it would be great to just look around.

Maybe even a telescope to check out those stars.

NovaSilisko
23rd Jun 2010, 04:58
Yes, I'd love to see all those low resolution LOD models.

The Just Cause Exile
23rd Jun 2010, 08:25
Yes, I'd love to see all those low resolution LOD models.

Lol

DeltaBlast
23rd Jun 2010, 10:15
Anyone thought about a pair of high powered Binoculars for DLC. The world is so feature rich it would be great to just look around.

Maybe even a telescope to check out those stars.

You mean, like, the sniper rifle?

OminousFollower
23rd Jun 2010, 11:09
You mean, like, the sniper rifle?

The sniper rifle is quite blurry and small. I'm thinking something like the recon class in BFBC2 uses to call in mortar strikes. Come to think of it that would be cool, mortar strike for Just Cause 2 anyone?

mangie222
23rd Jun 2010, 12:36
The sniper rifle is quite blurry and small. I'm thinking something like the recon class in BFBC2 uses to call in mortar strikes. Come to think of it that would be cool, mortar strike for Just Cause 2 anyone?

yes plox :eek:

xX3xKilleRXx
23rd Jun 2010, 15:07
That would be really useful to sabotage military bases :D

KomodoDave
23rd Jun 2010, 15:22
Theoretically this would be great, but unfortunately the game engine wouldn't allow it. Landscape at a distance has lower-res textures to improve performance, and people and vehicles aren't visible unless you're relatively close to them, as you're undoubtedly aware.

Still.. if you want a quick fix, here's a quote from the stickied Easter Egg/Glitch thread:

Game Glitch to Make Binoculars - glitch by Scorp

Step1) Equip sniper.

Step2) Crouch. (you have to crouch)

Step3) Aim down the scope while crouching. (zoom in a far as you want)

Step4) Un-aim while still crouched

Step5) You should now be seeing stuff at the sniper level of zoom, but without the sniper scope and reticules in the way.

(you can't change zooms without re-doing this though, and you can't move either...)

GrappleLuv
23rd Jun 2010, 15:40
I think its a cool idea for scouting enemy locations from a far like those pesky elites and drug drops on the tops of buildings would be nice too.

+1

JAGeng
23rd Jun 2010, 18:23

agree this game could use binoculars....and some shock and awe firepower its missing....bring the binos and mortars.

OminousFollower
24th Jun 2010, 11:56
Theoretically this would be great, but unfortunately the game engine wouldn't allow it. Landscape at a distance has lower-res textures to improve performance, and people and vehicles aren't visible unless you're relatively close to them, as you're undoubtedly aware.

Still.. if you want a quick fix, here's a quote from the stickied Easter Egg/Glitch thread:
Maybe an idea for Just Cause 3 then? :)

KomodoDave
24th Jun 2010, 12:15
Maybe an idea for Just Cause 3 then? :)

For sure, bud, for sure :rolleyes: Only another 4 years to go... :whistle: